Jump to content
AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

210 members have voted

  1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

    • Yes
      69
    • No
      141


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

That's fair.

Just wondering if it's intended to be possible or not, and it's only balanced if you're talking +Destruction Jasons. 6 hits with a stun between each is a bit much.

And I do know you can combat stance it. But it seems to have an opening to be hit when Jason hits the door regardless.

Combat stance doesn't always work as I've been stunned still using it. I'm fairly certain it wasn't that way before a certain patch. I don't think this should be a thing but I've heard that Randy stated on the stream at one point that it was intended. I guess that is why you created this thread. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it goes both ways, I'm ok with it. At least there is some risk to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I don't think you should be able to. Simply because the door is already there acting as a buffer between you and Jason. You shouldn't get to stun Jason THROUGH a door. It's not happening because it's "realistic". It's happening due to a clipping issue.

I say remove it fully. It's better for balance. Doors are to buy you time. Not give you free shots at Jason.

I fully agree with Alder on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Truth said:

As long as it goes both ways, I'm ok with it. At least there is some risk to it.

Not attacking you, because this statement has been made by several. But this is a silly way of looking at it.

While Jason CAN clip counselors through a door, it's not the same as when a counselor hits Jason through a door.

Jason is trying to hit the door. The counselor is trying to hit Jason. The counselor has the opportunity to time the strike to hit Jason. Jason doesn't have that same opportunity as the counselor because if the counselor just stands there, you can't hit them. They only come into range if they miss time their strike at Jason.

So you end up in a situation where Jason can't "safely" swing at the door, unless using combat stance.

The mechanic is broken. Just because it's broken both ways doesn't change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Not attacking you, because this statement has been made by several. But this is a silly way of looking at it.

While Jason CAN clip counselors through a door, it's not the same as when a counselor hits Jason through a door.

Jason is trying to hit the door. The counselor is trying to hit Jason. The counselor has the opportunity to time the strike to hit Jason. Jason doesn't have that same opportunity as the counselor because if the counselor just stands there, you can't hit them. They only come into range if they miss time their strike at Jason.

So you end up in a situation where Jason can't "safely" swing at the door, unless using combat stance.

The mechanic is broken. Just because it's broken both ways doesn't change that.

Yeah I haven't read through this thread. When I looked yesterday it had 3 posts. When I checked today there were 9 pages...

I can't really argue against that, but if it is removed I would also like them to prevent Jason from hitting you as you barricade the door. HE gets a free swing at YOU in that situation and all of a sudden you're limping to find a medspray, defeating the whole purpose of the barricade.

I don't usually try to hit him through the door though, so I definitely don't have that timing down. I do agree though, you brought up a valid point. Unfortunately I can't change my vote...

Edit: I don't think I've tried, but can you hit a counselor with a throwing knife through a door if it's been hacked at a few times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yeah I haven't read through this thread. When I looked yesterday it had 3 posts. When I checked today there were 9 pages...

I can't really argue against that, but if it is removed I would also like them to prevent Jason from hitting you as you barricade the door. HE gets a free swing at YOU in that situation and all of a sudden you're limping to find a medspray, defeating the whole purpose of the barricade.

I don't usually try to hit him through the door though, so I definitely don't have that timing down. I do agree though, you brought up a valid point. Unfortunately I can't change my vote...

Yeah, Jason wouldn't be able to hit through a door either. It goes both ways.

And yes...the onus to strike is entirely on Jason. He's trying to take the door down, not the counselor. The counselor can avoid being hit simply by being far enough away from the door (where they should be). Jason can only avoid being hit via combat stance, which isn't even the intended mechanic for doors.

I'll definitely work on figuring out the method that @Tommy86 put forth. But I really shouldn't have to.

No one should be able to hit through a solid (or partiality solid) object. If you can't swing in a door frame without hitting it, you're not swinging through a hole in a door.

Glad the devs are gauging this. It needs to go. The poll will prove that, as replies already have.

Only certain "types" make weak statements as to why this is "fine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn on this one.  So, I don't think counselors or Jasons should be able to hit through a door that has no damage, but I do think they both should be able to after pieces of the door break off.  Putting most Jasons in combat stance and being close to the door gives him just as much of a chance to hack a counselor as the counselor has to hit him.  Most times when I am confronted with a counselor trying to hit me through a door, I slash them once through the door and most of them immediately back away haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

If you're using combat stance, you risk your weapon getting stuck. If you're using the animation, your weapon won't get stuck.

If you use the animation, you have the risk of being hit when doing so. If you use the combat stance, the hit will not register unless you use the method Tommy86 showed. See? It's an unfavourable mechanic for Jason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

If you can't swing in a door frame without hitting it, you're not swinging through a hole in a door.

I think this is really the only part that needs to be said. I've NEVER been able to hit Jason if I'm in the doorway. THIS is the perfect way to sum it up. @[IllFonic]Courier case closed, get rid of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

 I don't think this should be a thing but I've heard that Randy stated on the stream at one point that it was intended. I guess that is why you created this thread. ;)

 

Randy also said Jason was fine and counselors were just getting better.:P Nice guy, but I don't put a whole lot of faith in Randy's opinion. As much clipping happens regarding this, I doubt it was intentional, but it was probably left when they discovered it worked that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

If you use the animation, you have the risk of being hit when doing so. If you use the combat stance, the hit will not register unless you use the method Tommy86 showed. See? It's an unfavourable mechanic for Jason.

 

QQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, Jason wouldn't be able to hit through a door either. It goes both ways.

And yes...the onus to strike is entirely on Jason. He's trying to take the door down, not the counselor. The counselor can avoid being hit simply by being far enough away from the door (where they should be). Jason can only avoid being hit via combat stance, which isn't even the intended mechanic for doors.

I'll definitely work on figuring out the method that @Tommy86 put forth. But I really shouldn't have to.

No one should be able to hit through a solid (or partiality solid) object. If you can't swing in a door frame without hitting it, you're not swinging through a hole in a door.

Glad the devs are gauging this. It needs to go. The poll will prove that, as replies already have.

Only certain "types" make weak statements as to why this is "fine".

It's okay to admit if your brain is too weak to comprehend breaking a door without getting punished because it was very easy bullying you yesterday through the door (I'm buff AJ)

Also I wasn't using speedhacks, it's very advanced tech that I discovered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nerfsavinijason said:

@AldermachXI It's funny that you think that I (buff AJ) was speedhacking yet it was actually advanced tech that I discovered, it's not cheating, it's just very advanced tech.

Hi, cheater. You think it's "advanced tech" to run around the map at 80mph when the developers never intended you to do so?

@wes@Randygbk So was it a "secret technique" to allow us to run like the Flash with a hidden button combination? I can take a wild guess.

@Kodiak@JPopsPlease purge the forum of those that support and purport the use of glitches and exploits. The person I've quoted is one and I have him on video cheating as well. "CultLeader" is the one known as Pappus that made these glitches and exploits more widely known and both of those people should be banned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hi, cheater. You think it's "advanced tech" to run around the map at 80mph when the developers never intended you to do so?

Don't feed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hi, cheater. You think it's "advanced tech" to run around the map at 80mph when the developers never intended you to do so?

@wes@Randygbk So was it a "secret technique" to allow us to run like the Flash with a hidden button combination? I can take a wild guess.

@Kodiak@JPopsPlease purge the forum of those that support and purport the use of glitches and exploits. The person I've quoted is one and I have him on video cheating as well. "CultLeader" is the one known as Pappus that made these glitches and exploits more widely known and both of those people should be banned.

It's in the game and it is pretty advanced to get working so yes, it is advanced tech.

 

Where is the video though, you said you would post it so that I would be name and shamed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nerfsavinijason said:

It's in the game and it is pretty advanced to get working so yes, it is advanced tech.

If you're using legitimate means in order to do this, why don't you enlighten us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nerfsavinijason said:

It's in the game and it is pretty advanced to get working so yes, it is advanced tech.

 

Where is the video though, you said you would post it so that I would be name and shamed

Not allowed to post it. Plus I know you want to see it so I'm going to deny you that.

You're deluded and need help. I would say you need to get laid,  but you don't deserve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

Personally, this is the way I see it:

  Jason approaches an actively  closing or a closed, unbarred door and strikes it.  If the counselor is within range of the door (back to or face to the door) then the strike should count as damage.  If the door was barricaded before the first strike, then no damage should be taken (same scenario as before, considering when a door is barred it pushes you back slightly).

Now, the problem is with when it is appropriate for a swing to count through the door.  An unbarred door (or standard lock-only door, actively locked) takes 3 strikes to take down, so between the second and third hit should allow for either side to do damage through a door.  If it is barricaded, for Jasons that do not have Destruction+ at least, I would say either between the 4th and 6th or 5th and 6th hit to the door, with a logically wide enough opening, should count as being able to hit through.  Projectiles should be able to also go through openings as well, but sooner than a melee strike can count.

Hopefully that sounds like something and not just a ramble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Devs, can we get a final word on this? Was being able to hit Jason through doors intended or not?

I can see why it's possible when there's actually a gaping hole in the door. But you'd think it would be difficult to hit cleanly through such a hole. I also find it amusing that hit detection is fairly shoddy out in the open, but hitting through a hole in a door works 100% of the time.

All that aside, I really don't think it was intended, because from a balance standpoint it doesn't make sense. The door is already there to slow Jason down. You shouldn't be able to get free stuns on him while he's doing it.

Anyways...it would be nice to have a dev chime in on this and its intended behavior.

 

I think we can lock this up now, there's really no point in going any further down this path.

Well put.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I think we can lock this up now, there's really no point in going any further down this path.

Well put.

 

I agree. Thread is derailed. Should get an official word from the devs then lock it and ban the admitted cheaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Personally, this is the way I see it:

  Jason approaches an actively  closing or a closed, unbarred door and strikes it.  If the counselor is within range of the door (back to or face to the door) then the strike should count as damage.  If the door was barricaded before the first strike, then no damage should be taken (same scenario as before, considering when a door is barred it pushes you back slightly).

Now, the problem is with when it is appropriate for a swing to count through the door.  An unbarred door (or standard lock-only door, actively locked) takes 3 strikes to take down, so between the second and third hit should allow for either side to do damage through a door.  If it is barricaded, for Jasons that do not have Destruction+ at least, I would say either between the 4th and 6th or 5th and 6th hit to the door, with a logically wide enough opening, should count as being able to hit through.  Projectiles should be able to also go through openings as well, but sooner than a melee strike can count.

Hopefully that sounds like something and not just a ramble.

But can if you're standing in the doorway, are you able to hit Jason? No. It clips the frame and the hit doesn't count. So why should you be able to hit through a hole that is smaller than the doorway? 

@AldermachXI swayed my opinion on it using this argument, I don't think there is a counter to it. 

9 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Not allowed to post it.

Can you pm the video? I'm really curious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I think we can lock this up now, there's really no point in going any further down this path.

Well put.

 

It was requested that it be changed to a poll.

Let it ride. Debate was civil before the cheaters came in and derailed things. We'll ignore them going forward.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It was requested that it be changed to a poll.

Let it ride. Debate was civil before the cheaters came in and derailed things. We'll ignore them going forward.

Yes we all need to exercise self control and just ignore any posts from "buffsavinijason," and "CultLeader" (i.e. Pappus). A couple other users are pretty toxic as well. You can tell who they are because they are new and their post count is very low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yes we all need to exercise self control and just ignore any posts from "buffsavinijason," and "CultLeader" (i.e. Pappus). A couple other users are pretty toxic as well. You can tell who they are because they are new and their post count is very low.

Yeah...One of said low post count people blew up my inbox calling me every name in the book and toxic after about 24 hours on the forum.

The irony was almost too much.

I'll admit to my nasty side. It's there. It's real. But I just have a no nonsense attitude. Probably comes from leading a restaurant staff of 50 people. But I think I debate issues on the game fairly. I present facts and serve it with a side of smart ass. A lot people don't like that and immediately take things personally. I see that at work too.

I actually had a waitress complain to HR because I brought in one of those baby "match the shape" toys to work so she could learn how to stack a dish. She really didn't like that. She called me the biggest asshole she had ever met...Everyone else in the restaurant thought it was brilliant.

Point is, don't be dumb, and I'll be nice. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×