AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

• Yes
    • No

Devs, can we get a final word on this? Was being able to hit Jason through doors intended or not?

I can see why it's possible when there's actually a gaping hole in the door. But you'd think it would be difficult to hit cleanly through such a hole. I also find it amusing that hit detection is fairly shoddy out in the open, but hitting through a hole in a door works 100% of the time.

All that aside, I really don't think it was intended, because from a balance standpoint it doesn't make sense. The door is already there to slow Jason down. You shouldn't be able to get free stuns on him while he's doing it.

Anyways...it would be nice to have a dev chime in on this and its intended behavior.

• Like 2

Real life, poking Jason through the hole would be easier then hitting Jason through the hole lol 

• Like 2

I'm fine with hitting Jason through door, gives counselors a chance to fight back against +Destruction Jasons

• Like 1

Just now, Chetork said:

I'm fine with hitting Jason through door, gives counselors a chance to fight back against +Destruction Jasons

That's fair.

Just wondering if it's intended to be possible or not, and it's only balanced if you're talking +Destruction Jasons. 6 hits with a stun between each is a bit much.

And I do know you can combat stance it. But it seems to have an opening to be hit when Jason hits the door regardless.

I had a similar experience with cheaters earlier today. I can PM you the link to the video if you want. Not really allowed to explicitly say who and all that. He also had "buff" in his name though. Must be an entire group or one of a few people that regularly change names.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I had a similar experience with cheaters earlier today. I can PM you the link to the video if you want. Not really allowed to explicitly say who and all that. He also had "buff" in his name though. Must be an entire group or one of a few people that regularly change names.

No. Put the video here.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Mods will smite thee with vengeance if I do. Unfortunately.

Really? *sniff*

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

• Haha 1

I don't have too many problems with this because it works both ways. When I clip through the door with combat stance as Jason, I often slice off a bit of counselor along with the door damage. It's weird it works regardless of whether there's a hole in the door...but eh.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I don't have too many problems with this because it works both ways. When I clip through the door with combat stance as Jason, I often slice off a bit of counselor along with the door damage. It's weird it works regardless of whether there's a hole in the door...but eh.

That's true. I actually had a guy limping once, and he was trying to hit me through the door like that. Eventually I took the door down and killed him with the same swing. Was pretty funny.

To be clear, though: the Chad in your video needs a perma-ban for reasons totally unrelated to the door combat. What a dipshit.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Agreed. If Jason can do it, counselors should be able to do it as well. All you really have to do as Jason is combat stance the doors if you want to get around it. 

I would be fine if they entirely removed it. Personally it makes a tiny bit of sense to hit through a door that is in its final damage state with the largest hole, but intact doors should not receive this clipping issue. Cabin walls are impermeable so it would not be asking too much to make doors and destructible walls impermeable.

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Rest my soul. The devs just came out and admitted they don't know how to balance the game.

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Terrible. Combat through doors is a really bad addition for Jason. It only benefit the counselors and makes +Destruction dependant Jasons (like Part 4) less efficient in their pressure.

Also, fix hit detection and buff Jason's weapon range!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Rest my soul. The devs just came out and admitted they don't know how to balance the game.

What? They want feedback is all i get by thiis post

Just now, Jawbone said:

In what way does my post imply that?
As a Community Manager, one of my jobs is to collect feedback from the community and pass it along to the appropriate people.
While we work on balance and introducing new changes, we are always monitoring feedback and take that into consideration.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

I mean, it's kind of a waste of a hit tbh. You're wasting your weapon. 

Most people I've seen stay in the house if they hit Jason through the door.

Should it be a thing? Not really

Is it a advantage to counslers - Not really

• Thanks 1

Just now, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Imo being able to hit through doors is incredibly broken and needs to be fixed. I can see Pt6 or Savini poking through the little holes in the door with his heavy attack when the door is damaged but no other weapon should be able to do that.

For balancing purposes and to prevent the masses from freaking out too much it would probably be a good idea to just fix it completely.

I'm glad you guys are discussing combat tactics, please for the love of all that is holy remove the combat lock mechanic. That damn lock on has screwed me over as both Jason and Counselors hundreds upon hundreds of times. If you guys are dead set on leaving it in please at the very least remove the ability for counselors to lock onto each other as it it unnecessary and causes way too many problems.

1 minute ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Imo being able to hit through doors is incredibly broken and needs to be fixed. I can see Pt6 or Savini poking through the little holes in the door with his heavy attack when the door is damaged but no other weapon should be able to do that.

For balancing purposes and to prevent the masses from freaking out too much it would probably be a good idea to just fix it completely.

I'm glad you guys are discussing combat tactics, please for the love of all that is holy remove the combat lock mechanic. That damn lock on has screwed me over as both Jason and Counselors hundreds upon hundreds of times. If you guys are dead set on leaving it in please at the very least remove the ability for counselors to lock onto each other as it it unnecessary and causes way too many problems.

Agreed. If anything, removing combat lock in general would improve gameplay. The hitting through doors is not a game breaker, more silly then anything. 

14 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

I don't think you should be able to. Simply because the door is already there acting as a buffer between you and Jason. You shouldn't get to stun Jason THROUGH a door. It's not happening because it's "realistic". It's happening due to a clipping issue.

I say remove it fully. It's better for balance. Doors are to buy you time. Not give you free shots at Jason.

• Like 3