Hello Devs! @GunMedia_Ben@wes@Gertz@ShiftySamurai@[IllFonic]Courier

First of all I want to say thank you for the new content and adjustments to Jason. The adjustments didn’t go overboard and it seems to have brought the game balance into a better state. Please continue to keep any tweaks small to ensure we don’t have some form of unforeseen catastrophic failure. The new map Pinehurst is certainly now my favorite map. It feels more like you are out in the backwoods more so than most other maps except Packanack. The vibe is solid.

The new Jason “Roy” is well done and his kills are pretty sweet. The new rugby kill is also solid.

Some things you may still want to look at:

1. Occasionally, the main Pinehurst house isn’t lighting up in Sense while a counselor is inside. You can see the counselor outline, but the building isn’t lighting up properly. It has been common in offline bots when counselors get up in Violet’s room in particular. The bots also love to get stuck in that room for some reason.

2. Jason’s hit detection for melee still needs work.

3. Sometimes when you go to Repair, the QTE starts up and ends. You try over and over again, but it won’t let you complete the objective. This happens a lot when the phone spawns at Higgins Main on the small version of the map, and on the car when it spawns in the bottom right on the same map. It occasionally happens on other maps, but Higgins small seems to have this bug more often. The same bug also happens when you try to call the cops on many maps. You’ll pick of the phone and put it back down…over and over. These are game breaking issues because they directly affect objective completion for counselors.

4. Item spawns:  The balance is very nice right now. You nailed it pretty damn well with what we have based on the old list of items. You will start to hear complaints of an “empty drawer simulator” again. It think this would be an excellent time to put some effort in to introducing NEW ITEMS with NEW EFFECTS. You may also want to consider doing what someone suggested and putting counselor flashlights in drawers (making them find them just like the walkie-talkie). Simply adding in 3-4 new items would help the spawn spread on the map a bit more and give counselors some other tactical options.

Here are a few items concepts/suggestions you probably could implement:

-          Counselor Whistle (inventory carried/effective range 5m):  If used while Jason is within 5m, Jason’s sound ping detection disappears, he can no longer hear proximity chat for counselors (they can coordinate), counselors entering or exiting hiding spots/windows, and Repair failures. Give it about a 10 second duration. This would be a great teamwork/coordination item where one counselor can buy the others an opportunity to get objectives done quickly or flee beyond Sense range without ghosting their position with pings.

-          Hammer and Nails (inventory carried):  Allows a counselor nail shut a locked/barricaded door to reinforce it. Gives the door +50% durability. The door can no longer be unlocked unless broken down. Defensive prep item.

-          Road Flare (inventory carried/effective range 3m):  Allows a counselor to “blind” Jason. Jason will not be able to see and Sense will be on cooldown for 6 seconds. Defensive item.

-          Life Preserver (hand carried):  Functions as a “pocket knife” for the water. Counselor will resurface after an attempted drowning kill. Jason will be immobile for 5 seconds and have his swim speed reduced for an additional 5 seconds. Gives the counselor a slim chance to either re-mount the boat or swim to safety. I’d suggest keeping them limited to 2.

-          ****There are a lot of other great ideas floating around here on the forums regarding improving the tactical gameplay and introduction of new items. Please consider you’ll continue to have people griping about barren drawers and whatnot if you don’t. Or, you’ll have to tweak the spawn rates of the current items (probably not optimal).

5. There are still a bunch of bugs in the game. Please keep working on polishing them out.

6. Window bubble is still there. I needs to not be there. :P

Thanks for the transparency regarding the Paranoia mode and I appreciate that you continue to focus on getting those console dedicated servers up and running.

• Like 9

Now adding some new things like nails and hammers to make things a bit harder on Jason unless he's enraged and he busts through there.

I like a few of these ideas, this could make players who feel the pocketknives need to be more around would help fix a few issues, the whole water drowning kill, would love away to have a second chance at that.

• Like 1

Well said.

Great patch overall. Some stuff still needs work. Some old bugs are still present and a couple new ones have arisen. But nothing overly game breaking.

More than anything, the fear of Jason has been restored. Counselors don't have time to mess around. Survival and teamwork are key again. So thanks for that.

Keep heading in this direction and all will be fine.

• Like 4

Well said @Alkavian. I agree that now would be the time to implement new items. The balance seems just fine to me, although I haven't gotten too many games in yet. I'm also back to playing as Jason which is really nice. I didn't want to deal with all the bullshit trolling so I had switched my preference to counselor.

I like the idea of new items. The road flare is a great idea. This buffs counselors but not in an annoying way where Jason will resort only to Slashing. And also different than the usual stun, as Jason can still move, and grab you, but with a temporary blindness and sense penalty.

Overall I like this new patch, it brought me back to the game, and the new map design is superb. 

34 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It occasionally happens on other maps, but Higgins small seems to have this bug more often.

This has happened to me every single time I've attempted to repair the fuse box on the Pinehurst map.

Temporary solution: Your counselor will float backwards the forwards again after you attempt the repair, just allow it to happen once, fully, and then you should be able to complete the repair.

Just now, DasMurich said:

This has happened to me every single time I've attempted to repair the fuse box on the Pinehurst map.

Temporary solution: Your counselor will float backwards the forwards again after you attempt the repair, just allow it to happen once, fully, and then you should be able to complete the repair.

I'll give it a shot next time it happens.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the devs as well. Great job on this patch. Love the Jason buffs/counselor de-buffs, the new map, Roy, etc. Keep up the great work!

Agree. It's been a great and much needed update. It had become ridiculously easy playing as a counselor, and it's great to have the survival horror challenge aspect back in the game. 

Really enjoying playing as a counselor once again. 

As a vocal critic of the game's development/production teams, I'd like to echo the OP's thanks for a good patch and his overall analysis. This new patch has significantly aided balance while (so far as I can tell) not introducing new issues. Thank you, and well done.

In terms of remaining issues:

1. Jason's melee hit detection is still awful...please focus on cleaning this up.
  2. Windows...we've gone over the issues ad nauseam; even if you have to scrap the prompt/animation, please get them back to the fluid interaction points they were at launch.
  3. Car 'rubberbanding'...this is the primary counselor escape route and the single most difficult to repair objective; whatever the issue is, this particular bug must be squashed ASAP.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

As a vocal critic of the game's development/production teams, I'd like to echo the OP's thanks for a good patch and his overall analysis. This new patch has significantly aided balance while (so far as I can tell) not introducing new issues. Thank you, and well done.

In terms of remaining issues:

1. Jason's melee hit detection is still awful...please focus on cleaning this up.
  2. Windows...we've gone over the issues ad nauseam; even if you have to scrap the prompt/animation, please get them back to the fluid interaction points they were at launch.
  3. Car 'rubberbanding'...this is the primary counselor escape route and the single most difficult to repair objective, whatever the issue is, it must be squashed ASAP.

Oh yes. Forgot to mention windows. I know Gertz is tracking on it. Hope it is handled next go around.

Absolutely agree.

This is the game I missed for so many months, even better actually after the new additions.

Fun has been restored on both sides of the camp.

I 'm really enjoying counselor gameplay again too. Escaping almost every single game was a snore-fest. Now when Jason shows up its more like it should be when I hear his music:

28b1cec6344a9f15b0208a15f62bc503.gif

Jason gameplay is far less frustrating.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Road Flare (inventory carried/effective range 3m):  Allows a counselor to “blind” Jason. Jason will not be able to see and Sense will be on cooldown for 6 seconds. Defensive item.

If they add in road flares they gotta add in a road flare kill man. 

Just now, SeamusArcher2339 said:

If they add in road flares they gotta add in a road flare kill man. 

That would glorious for sure!

friday5vinniedeath.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Hello Devs! @GunMedia_Ben@wes@Gertz@ShiftySamurai@[IllFonic]Courier

First of all I want to say thank you for the new content and adjustments to Jason. The adjustments didn’t go overboard and it seems to have brought the game balance into a better state. Please continue to keep any tweaks small to ensure we don’t have some form of unforeseen catastrophic failure. The new map Pinehurst is certainly now my favorite map. It feels more like you are out in the backwoods more so than most other maps except Packanack. The vibe is solid.

The new Jason “Roy” is well done and his kills are pretty sweet. The new rugby kill is also solid.

Some things you may still want to look at:

1. Occasionally, the main Pinehurst house isn’t lighting up in Sense while a counselor is inside. You can see the counselor outline, but the building isn’t lighting up properly. It has been common in offline bots when counselors get up in Violet’s room in particular. The bots also love to get stuck in that room for some reason.

2. Jason’s hit detection for melee still needs work.

3. Sometimes when you go to Repair, the QTE starts up and ends. You try over and over again, but it won’t let you complete the objective. This happens a lot when the phone spawns at Higgins Main on the small version of the map, and on the car when it spawns in the bottom right on the same map. It occasionally happens on other maps, but Higgins small seems to have this bug more often. The same bug also happens when you try to call the cops on many maps. You’ll pick of the phone and put it back down…over and over. These are game breaking issues because they directly affect objective completion for counselors.

4. Item spawns:  The balance is very nice right now. You nailed it pretty damn well with what we have based on the old list of items. You will start to hear complaints of an “empty drawer simulator” again. It think this would be an excellent time to put some effort in to introducing NEW ITEMS with NEW EFFECTS. You may also want to consider doing what someone suggested and putting counselor flashlights in drawers (making them find them just like the walkie-talkie). Simply adding in 3-4 new items would help the spawn spread on the map a bit more and give counselors some other tactical options.

Here are a few items concepts/suggestions you probably could implement:

-          Counselor Whistle (inventory carried/effective range 5m):  If used while Jason is within 5m, Jason’s sound ping detection disappears, he can no longer hear proximity chat for counselors (they can coordinate), counselors entering or exiting hiding spots/windows, and Repair failures. Give it about a 10 second duration. This would be a great teamwork/coordination item where one counselor can buy the others an opportunity to get objectives done quickly or flee beyond Sense range without ghosting their position with pings.

-          Hammer and Nails (inventory carried):  Allows a counselor nail shut a locked/barricaded door to reinforce it. Gives the door +50% durability. The door can no longer be unlocked unless broken down. Defensive prep item.

-          Road Flare (inventory carried/effective range 3m):  Allows a counselor to “blind” Jason. Jason will not be able to see and Sense will be on cooldown for 6 seconds. Defensive item.

-          Life Preserver (hand carried):  Functions as a “pocket knife” for the water. Counselor will resurface after an attempted drowning kill. Jason will be immobile for 5 seconds and have his swim speed reduced for an additional 5 seconds. Gives the counselor a slim chance to either re-mount the boat or swim to safety. I’d suggest keeping them limited to 2.

-          ****There are a lot of other great ideas floating around here on the forums regarding improving the tactical gameplay and introduction of new items. Please consider you’ll continue to have people griping about barren drawers and whatnot if you don’t. Or, you’ll have to tweak the spawn rates of the current items (probably not optimal).

5. There are still a bunch of bugs in the game. Please keep working on polishing them out.

6. Window bubble is still there. I needs to not be there. :P

Thanks for the transparency regarding the Paranoia mode and I appreciate that you continue to focus on getting those console dedicated servers up and running.

Bad ideas, it would nerf Jason, and would unbalance the game and allow more trolling fuckery. 

I love the update. It brought me back to the game. Only standout things remaining off the top of my head are the window invincibly shields and Jason’s hit detection.

Well said @Alkavian. I agree that the balance seems to be much better now. I enjoy playing as a counselor again. I've only had two chances to play as Jason and both times felt pretty smooth. My first time was with some friends and I finished with 5/7 kills. Not sure how they missed calling Tommy, the match lasted 14 minutes, and they are pretty good. My second match was in QP and it was sad to witness the counselor play. For some reason, the players still felt that this was a "kick Jason's ass" simulator, and I wiped them all up fairly quickly. Vanessa was the only one that successfully kited me for a while. I hope that the meta switches back to more team-based play.  Just as I didn't like surviving 9/10 matches as a counselor, I don't want a clean sweep with Jason every round either. 

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

Bad ideas, it would nerf Jason, and would unbalance the game and allow more trolling fuckery. 

How exactly would any of those ideas "nerf" Jason? It seemed to me that every item he mentioned would merely provide a small boon to counselors.I especially like the Hammer and Nails and Life Preserver options. In my opinion, none of them would cause more trolling, and it would add some much needed variety to the game. Of course, that is just how I see it.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

That would glorious for sure!

friday5vinniedeath.jpg

Well if we remember there was a mocap for a gas can kill so this is coming maybe.

• Like 1

I dig the new items sans the whistle.

I don't want to hear that shit.

Also, since Savini Jason returned from Hell it can be inferred that there is a Heaven/God so the item mentioned in another thread, the Rosary beads, to help with hiding would be a good one and fit right in.

Just now, Redcat345 said:

As long as you are not adding more Stuns in an already Stun heavy environment and you don't overdo it with healing. It will work just fine. Counselors should be able to counter Jason in various ways (to limited effect). The default method need not be Stun the living dog shit out of him.:lol:

Variation increases tactical options. If changes ups things and creates new tactics. The spawn rate of items, regardless of type, will determine a huge amount of balance. Get out of jail free cards like pocket knives (or the life preserver idea) would need to be scarce. Delaying tactics such as blinding Jason will not save you from a grab if he luckily gets you. 6 seconds of no Sense and field of view, while retaining ALL other capabilities isn't crippling to Jason like being stun locked into the dirt. It could save you briefly though if you're cornered. Due consideration will always need to be given to balance, but we need new items. We need expansion of tactics. We don't need a camp full of one trick pony items that stun or do damage. Just my two cents.;)

Warms my cold heart to see so many players happy with the patch. It's great that we're even seeing old players return.

This game is a strange animal. But I think it's been clear for a long time that people WANT to be forced into a situation where Jason is scary and teamwork, or at least wit, is required for survival. I'm glad that the days of trolling Jason are now behind us. The game can actually get on the right course now, which I think is a relief to everyone. I don't even care about the Paranoia thing. Let's focus on making what we've had since day 1 great. Then we can worry about expanding.

• Like 1