Patriots1

Finding a Way to stop Jason From Grabbing you.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

I think this would be fair for an easy mode. 

I think there should be an easy mode where:

5. There is a shark in the lake that will attack Jason if he chases the boat.

6. Each Jason can only throw the party horns from part 7 instead of knives.

F13 and Jaws crossover. I'm all about it. Everyone that swims is yummy. Counselors are food... not friends. 

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

I think this would be fair for an easy mode. 

I think there should be an easy mode where:

1. Jason can't grab.

2. Jason has short stamina that takes several minutes to refill.

3. Jason has no abilities.

4. Jason can't enter cabins.

5. There is a shark in the lake that will attack Jason if he chases the boat.

6. Each Jason can only throw the party horns from part 7 instead of knives.

7. All players get to be Tommy Jarvis.

This would probably be a good place to start.

LOL, they should call it the Noob mode

7 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Can we Remove Jasons Grab.

Jasons Grab is impossiable to escape a second time.

C'mon, you gotta stop. Why are you wasting your time? 

This is why there needs to be a section for new, unaware, members of the forum. An orientation section. 

There has been a slew of endless stupidity here as of late.

How can we help de-retard you guys? I know...maybe the people who know better should just ignore these kind of threads. They're bait whether they're intended to be or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

He is not the only one. I think there are many people who would appreciate a difficulty setting of some sort, although I would have to say those are mostly gamers in general and not necessarily solid fans of friday the 13th. The fanboys seem to just want to see jason kill all game long and there indeed people who would rather just have this be a game world with jason inside of it, as opposed to the game only being subject to what jason does.

Fair enough, he may not be the only one. But he is damn sure the only one who has made 100+ posts about it. 

I've seen you talk about gamers in general and die-hard fans of Friday the 13th as if the two are mutually exclusive. We do not want to see "Jason kill all game long" we want there to be some difficulty in surviving the match. I've been a gamer since the early 80s, and I couldn't stand how easy it was to survive as a counselor before this latest patch. You didn't have to have any skill, even against a good Jason player. Trust me, most of the die-hard fans that I talk to on here are  longtime gamers as well.

You think it takes a long time to fill lobbies now? Split it up into different difficulty settings and it will take even longer. It would divide the community, pure and simple.

7 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Fair enough, he may not be the only one. But he is damn sure the only one who has made 100+ posts about it. 

I've seen you talk about gamers in general and die-hard fans of Friday the 13th as if the two are mutually exclusive. We do not want to see "Jason kill all game long" we want there to be some difficulty in surviving the match. I've been a gamer since the early 80s, and I couldn't stand how easy it was to survive as a counselor before this latest patch. You didn't have to have any skill, even against a good Jason player. Trust me, most of the die-hard fans that I talk to on here are  longtime gamers as well.

You think it takes a long time to fill lobbies now? Split it up into different difficulty settings and it will take even longer. It would divide the community, pure and simple.

The community is already divided and is always going to divide further into two categories; however, there are also ways to make the two categories comes together and play the same game as one. Therefore, this means that there is a way to implement a difficulty setting even though there is a divide in ideology between developing the game world versus this just being some multiplayer game where people log to watch something happen. If the developers focus on developing the game world and allowing a functioning atmosphere that welcomes everyone on the basis of how they chose to come, this game becomes more like a multiplayer game which attracts a wide variety of people and possibly less true to the source material. On the other hand, if the developers want to focus more on jason and what jason does, it would make the fanboys happy with  a risk of devaluing the way that this video game is trafficked, populated by gamers in a multiplayer setting and therefore you'll see a potential decrease in people wanting to play the game.

So, to object to your premise that a difficulty setting is not warranted and would divide the community, the community is already divided without there being a difficulty setting in place. To attract people to a multiplayer video game in one game patch and then simultaneously piss on the majority of them in the next to please a fringe source material crowd is not exactly a good way to stay in business. This is sort of like saying that there are people out there who think multiplayer means people logging into a game to have their characters in game do virtually nothing for 20 minutes while the lone jason player simulates killing councilors. If that is what this game is becoming and if there is not something done to allow players to control their game experience more without this constant buffing or debuffing, than people are going to increasingly not play the game at a rate of 7 out of 8 people.  Having too much of a focus on what jason does is a poor premise for a multiplayer game considering the potential of the open world multiplayer environment which is now being neglected.

5 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

Having too much of a focus on what jason does is a poor premise for a multiplayer game considering the potential of the open world multiplayer environment which is now being neglected.

Not when that game is titled Friday the 13th and it's entire premise is Jason trying to kill counselors before they can escape. 

58 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Not when that game is titled Friday the 13th and it's entire premise is Jason trying to kill counselors before they can escape. 

You should underline "too much" there in my quote and also add "and at the expense of attracting people who would stay long-term" after "neglected" and instead of the "." ... I mean, attracting and keeping a bunch of filthy casuals in the thousands is better for the bottom line than only to appeal to a few people to do some linear thing with no substance (to put it more bluntly), other than nostalgia. Friday the 13th itself is mostly nostalgia and other than the more recently produced films, casuals typically won't be privy enough for that to be a force on its own or even care that it is Jason killing camp councilors. They want some place to waste time with their friends and do goofy stuff.

1 hour ago, lightningbolt said:

You should underline "too much" there in my quote and also add "and at the expense of attracting people who would stay long-term" after "neglected" and instead of the "." ... I mean, attracting and keeping a bunch of filthy casuals in the thousands is better for the bottom line than only to appeal to a few people to do some linear thing with no substance (to put it more bluntly), other than nostalgia. Friday the 13th itself is mostly nostalgia and other than the more recently produced films, casuals typically won't be privy enough for that to be a force on its own or even care that it is Jason killing camp councilors. They want some place to waste time with their friends and do goofy stuff.

The game wouldn't have been made at all if there wasn't an audience for it. 

The game wouldn't have been made at all if the Kickstarter pitch was "Chase counselors as Jason, but never kill the precious little darlings, as they want to have fun too. Just chase em' a bit and make them feel good when they all wave goodbye to you from the backseat of the car on their ride home." 

The fact is this game is focused around killing as Jason and from the opposite POV, trying not to be killed as a counselor. As this is a game of 7v1, Jason killing a majority should happen most of the time, and he should sweep about half that. That's balance. The kicker is to not be the counselor who gets dead. 

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

The game wouldn't have been made at all if there wasn't an audience for it. 

The game wouldn't have been made at all if the Kickstarter pitch was "Chase counselors as Jason, but never kill the precious little darlings, as they want to have fun too. Just chase em' a bit and make them feel good when they all wave goodbye to you from the backseat of the car on their ride home." 

The fact is this game is focused around killing as Jason and from the opposite POV, trying not to be killed as a counselor. As this is a game of 7v1, Jason killing a majority should happen most of the time, and he should sweep about half that. That's balance. The kicker is to not be the counselor who gets dead. 

No one said that there was not an audience, I only said that too much focus on what Jason does is undesirable for the broader picture and not good for the promotion of a multiplayer video game. It might be good for a very specific audience, but not on the broader scale.

I have stated before and I will state again that Jason is in the superior position and the councilors are in the inferior position in which case jason is about winning and the councilors are about losing; however, the actual balance is not how many councilors Jason is suppose to kill, it is whether or not the councilors can survive and whether or not Jason can kill.

Also, statistics are prone to error. If you state some made up statistic that Jason succeeds 51% of the the time in killing all councilors and all the councilors survive 49% of the time, you could technically be correct in the aspect that Jason only has to have a slight advantage to be in the superior position most likely to win and the councilors in the inferior position most likely to lose; but, if the councilors can prevent Jason from winning that is as good as them winning.

So, the bare minimum statistic is Jason winning 51% of the time and the councilors losing 49% of the time is the best you can get balance-wise. Anything higher for Jason could be unbalanced gameplay and anything lower for the councilors could be unbalanced gameplay.

I do not know what the real statistics are, but I would say it is more like Jason being 65% of the time and 35% of the time for councilors. I am just guessing.

8 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

The community is already divided and is always going to divide further into two categories; however, there are also ways to make the two categories comes together and play the same game as one. Therefore, this means that there is a way to implement a difficulty setting even though there is a divide in ideology between developing the game world versus this just being some multiplayer game where people log to watch something happen. If the developers focus on developing the game world and allowing a functioning atmosphere that welcomes everyone on the basis of how they chose to come, this game becomes more like a multiplayer game which attracts a wide variety of people and possibly less true to the source material. On the other hand, if the developers want to focus more on jason and what jason does, it would make the fanboys happy with  a risk of devaluing the way that this video game is trafficked, populated by gamers in a multiplayer setting and therefore you'll see a potential decrease in people wanting to play the game.

So, to object to your premise that a difficulty setting is not warranted and would divide the community, the community is already divided without there being a difficulty setting in place. To attract people to a multiplayer video game in one game patch and then simultaneously piss on the majority of them in the next to please a fringe source material crowd is not exactly a good way to stay in business. This is sort of like saying that there are people out there who think multiplayer means people logging into a game to have their characters in game do virtually nothing for 20 minutes while the lone jason player simulates killing councilors. If that is what this game is becoming and if there is not something done to allow players to control their game experience more without this constant buffing or debuffing, than people are going to increasingly not play the game at a rate of 7 out of 8 people.  Having too much of a focus on what jason does is a poor premise for a multiplayer game considering the potential of the open world multiplayer environment which is now being neglected.

This is a well thought out post. I disagree with you, but I can appreciate the thought and effort that you put into it. I read through some of your earlier posts, and you have been against expanding Jason's grab and reducing weapons on the map since you joined. The developers admitted that it was a mistake to add so many pocket knives, shotguns, and medsprays in the December patch. They fixed that. Anyone who has played as Jason for any length of time knows that his grab range and hit detection was a complete joke before this latest patch. 

I do not believe the community is divided...yet. I believe that people need to get used to the fact that Jason is more powerful than any one (or even 2) counselors. Going toe to toe with Jason should be a last resort. I'm sure it will take some time for the meta to shift back towards counselors working towards objectives, because they have had so many "get out of jail free" cards for too long. If you can get 3 people out of 7 counselors to help split objectives and keep Jason shifting and morphing around the map, there is a much higher chance of survival. It is a 7v1 asymmetrical multiplayer game. That means 7 counselors against an OP opponent in Jason (or Roy). Although teamwork is not mandatory, it is heavily encouraged if you want to make it through a match.

QP is a damn mess when it comes to counselors now, because people are still in that selfish ass mode where they just look for knives, they don't barricade doors, and they don't work toward fixing anything. That is why most QP matches are a bloodbath. It is not that Jason has been buffed too much, or the counselors have been nerfed to death. It is that there is no strategy to counselor play anymore. It was a hell of a lot harder to be a counselor when this game launched than it is now. 

There are plenty of groups on here that encourage teamwork. There is also a gamertag thread pinned in the introduction section where you can hook up with people that play on your platform, and you can form groups to play together. Difficulty settings are not the answer. An easy setting just promotes poor play. All of the gamers I know love a challenge when it comes to video games, they don't want to be spoonfed a victory just to feel better about themselves.

10 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

This is a well thought out post. I disagree with you, but I can appreciate the thought and effort that you put into it. I read through some of your earlier posts, and you have been against expanding Jason's grab and reducing weapons on the map since you joined. The developers admitted that it was a mistake to add so many pocket knives, shotguns, and medsprays in the December patch. They fixed that. Anyone who has played as Jason for any length of time knows that his grab range and hit detection was a complete joke before this latest patch. 

I do not believe the community is divided...yet. I believe that people need to get used to the fact that Jason is more powerful than any one (or even 2) counselors. Going toe to toe with Jason should be a last resort. I'm sure it will take some time for the meta to shift back towards counselors working towards objectives, because they have had so many "get out of jail free" cards for too long. If you can get 3 people out of 7 counselors to help split objectives and keep Jason shifting and morphing around the map, there is a much higher chance of survival. It is a 7v1 asymmetrical multiplayer game. That means 7 counselors against an OP opponent in Jason (or Roy). Although teamwork is not mandatory, it is heavily encouraged if you want to make it through a match.

QP is a damn mess when it comes to counselors now, because people are still in that selfish ass mode where they just look for knives, they don't barricade doors, and they don't work toward fixing anything. That is why most QP matches are a bloodbath. It is not that Jason has been buffed too much, or the counselors have been nerfed to death. It is that there is no strategy to counselor play anymore. It was a hell of a lot harder to be a counselor when this game launched than it is now. 

There are plenty of groups on here that encourage teamwork. There is also a gamertag thread pinned in the introduction section where you can hook up with people that play on your platform, and you can form groups to play together. Difficulty settings are not the answer. An easy setting just promotes poor play. All of the gamers I know love a challenge when it comes to video games, they don't want to be spoonfed a victory just to feel better about themselves.

Except that a difficulty setting should not be about spoonfeeding a victory, it should about giving the players a more challenging way to play their side versus their own history of playing; so, I do not really know where you are getting that a difficulty setting is spoonfeeding anyone. At least this is the way I see it.

22 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

No one said that there was not an audience, I only said that too much focus on what Jason does is undesirable for the broader picture and not good for the promotion of a multiplayer video game. It might be good for a very specific audience, but not on the broader scale.

Dude, you can't expand past what the target is and keep things clear. If you try to make a horror-action-comedy-drama-sports game, odds are it is going to fail on many fronts, particularly if the source material was hard horror. For example if John Carpenter's "The Thing" was made into a game, making it a dance party comedy is going to alienate the core audience which is worse than not having the widest audience you can. F13 is the same way. While there can be some dark humor or what have you, the game needs to focus on it's core concept and that is Jason Voorhees killing dumbass kids. If you take that away for dance parties and dress up, you're going to lose the core audience and that will kill the game. 

27 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

I have stated before and I will state again that Jason is in the superior position and the councilors are in the inferior position in which case jason is about winning and the councilors are about losing; however, the actual balance is not how many councilors Jason is suppose to kill, it is whether or not the councilors can survive and whether or not Jason can kill.

Also, statistics are prone to error. If you state some made up statistic that Jason succeeds 51% of the the time in killing all councilors and all the councilors survive 49% of the time, you could technically be correct in the aspect that Jason only has to have a slight advantage to be in the superior position most likely to win and the councilors in the inferior position most likely to lose; but, if the councilors can prevent Jason from winning that is as good as them winning.

So, the bare minimum statistic is Jason winning 51% of the time and the councilors losing 41% of the time is the best you can get balance-wise. Anything higher for Jason could be unbalanced gameplay and anything lower for the councilors could be unbalanced gameplay.

I do not know what the real statistics are, but I would say it is more like Jason being 75% of the time and 35% of the time for councilors. I am just guessing.

Eh. Maybe if you look at every counselor on their own. The fact is that Jason needs to be powerful to deal with seven opponents. There is a line in the sand where if he falls below it, he is too weak and comes off as unscary. The last patch Jason was below that line. Jason needs to be able to quickly chew up the foolish and the unlucky. the counselor's biggest advantage is there is only one Jason and he can only be in a single place at a time. 

As far as the statistics, I'm not getting into that. Everybody has their own metric on winning and losing. The only defined win/lose metric is a sweep or people escaping. Some Jason's take it as a loss if they lose a single counselor. Some if they lose more than 4. Others don't care if they only kill one person. 

As far as your 75%/35% that isn't the case. Jason was nerfed so badly that if a group of skilled players coordinated, he'd be lucky to kill 1-2. That's bullshit. Particularly because it wasn't counselor skill keeping them alive, it was an overabundance of gear, and game mechanics not working as intended that gimped Jason. 

15 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Except that a difficulty setting should not be about spoonfeeding a victory, it should about giving the players a more challenging way to play their side versus their own history of playing; so, I do not really know where you are getting that a difficulty setting is spoonfeeding anyone. At least this is the way I see it.

We disagree, and that is fine. I just don't believe there should be an option for every counselor to have access to 2-3 pocket knives, a plethora of med sprays, and shotguns all over the map like it was before this last patch. It was ridiculous in my opinion. The counselors have been spoonfed since the October patch. It was far too easy to escape. If I can escape 9 times out of 10 lone-wolfing Deborah, the game balance is screwed.. And that is exactly what happened for 3 months. To the point that I was bored playing as a counselor because it was too damn easy.  But, me saying it doesn't make it fact. That is just the way I feel about it.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

All the reducing people to groups is what divides us.

Umm, could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Oh, sorry the arguments that have sprung up. Some people keep equating things or using them in a disrespectful way.

Casual or new means you must want the counselors to bully Jason.

Good Gamer or more status member, want the counselors to be meat.

just things like that, does that answer your question?

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh, sorry the arguments that have sprung up. Some people keep equating things or using them in a disrespectful way.

Thank you, and it does, and it is a shame that you are correct. I do consider myself a pretty hardcore player of this game, because this is the Friday the 13th game I wished for since the late 80s. But, I do not dismiss anyone for playing casually or being new to the game. We were all new to it at one time. I do feel sorry for some of the newer players, because they started with all of the extra weapons, med sprays, and the limited abilities of Jason. It is not their fault, that falls on the developers of the game for allowing those things to happen.

I can kind of understand the attitude of people that have been playing since the beginning, because we remember the nightmare of playing as a counselor during the Beta and at launch. Jason could grab you from 10 ft away, there was no way to escape a grab unless you had a knife (and they were very scarce), and Vanessa was pretty much the only counselor who could kite a decent Jason for an extended period of time. So, the complaints that have cropped up in the 3 days since this last patch seem kind of empty to some of us.

On the other hand, I can empathize with the players that joined the game after the October patch. They have become accustomed to having multiple pocket knives, shotguns, and med sprays. It has to be a culture shock trying to adapt to the landscape of the game now. For me, it feels like the game is right again. Jason is scary, as he should be. My preference is set to counselor, and I love the thrill of actually being scared when Jason shows up in my vicinity. This is why I play the game, to relive the horror experience I had as a kid watching the movies.

I am hoping that once people get used to the landscape of the game now, it will promote teamplay again. I've said it 100 times on here, this is a 7v1 asymmetrical horror game. That means that it behooves the counselors to work together to complete objectives. You can lone wolf now, but it will make it much harder to survive. I know that teamplay is not a focus of QP matches now, but the patch is only 3 days old. From my gaming experience over the years, players adapt to the meta of the game and develop strategies. Of course there will always be trolls, assholes, and griefers. There is no stopping that. But the people that actually enjoy the game will adapt and overcome, and people will be able to find matches where counselors are working towards objectives. Because it won't take long to figure out that fixing things and escaping is a much more viable option than trying to kick Jason's ass.

Eventually, a lot of the trolls will move on to greener pastures. There is always a new game coming out that these childish asshats can exploit and spend their free time making other people's gaming experiences miserable. I've seen it happen in WoW, CoD, Halo...etc...Just name the online game, and you will find a plethora of assholes. The key is to find a group (there are plenty of resources here on the forums), and play the game and have fun.

Sorry this reply is so long. I really do like this game, and I want to see it thrive.

53 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I would say new forum members are more likely to be outspoken, or deemed to be inexperienced enough to know what the veterans want. The higher the status shows dedication to the forum and perhaps leans towards more biased opinions of 'I know what I'm talking about you don't etc'. That is two groups and two generalisations I have made, at the end of the day we each voice our own opinions which will differ, I don't really care about my member status as it means nothing. Its all codswallop you could be a new forum member but have played the game since it first came out. I do agree with you that reducing us into groups divides us.

I love the game, now went way out of my way to get it and play. I like that it's harder now. That said new ideas will be the only things that keep this game alive, so maybe show some patience for that post that you already read reappearing. 

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

It's a puppet account for Darren Howard.

Don't know who that is... Another troll I'm guessing?

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

Don't know who that is... Another troll I'm guessing?

Yes, one that got banned for trolling to the point of starting flame wars, always posts crazy ideas like "magical occult tomes" & stuff for the game.