Jump to content

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I myself am just looking for a solution of compromise. Like I said take away all Jason's starting throwing knives and knock down the number of traps that Jason's get( the ones that get 5 & 7, the 3 is already low enough).

That or leave it as is and put more weapons in. Not shotguns that are guaranteed stubs but what's wrong with wrenches? Because it's not realistic? It's a GAME based on a MOVIE that's all unrealistic. Lol 

Leave the weapons and Jason the same and put a couple meds or knives back in...hell maybe add a different item too, like smoke bombs? Everyone played with smoke bombs as a kid.. if you used a smoke bomb Jason can't sense in it or through it.

I'm all for playing and adapting. This, like I said before, is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm honestly more upset about my trap placement being changed as a counselor (which isn't open or game breaking where it used to be) than pks. The weapon thing is also a downside due to I spawned in the fuse house with no weapons in that house or the next one I ran too and Jason hunted me down and murdered me, I was Eric (couldn't run far enough away from the running Jason)

I had a similar idea to your smoke bomb suggestion. Instead of smoke bombs however how about using the fire extinguishers that are in almost every cabin. They would probably have to reduce the amount of fire extinguishers but they could be used to stun Jason and reduce his sense. Not only that but the propane tanks in and outside the cabins should be able to use to explode them when Jason gets near them which would knock him to the ground for at least 10 seconds. To me those were the obvious weapon choices that should have been in the game from the very start of production. Maybe then we could have avoided all of these different changes to Jason and the counselor perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing since launch I have not been able to get 2 legit jason kills as Jarvis until after the update! So those complaining jason is too hard now "hint hint" watch this  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 6:47 PM, PsychBam said:

Then I continued with it is now unbalanced in Jason's favor.

It's supposed to be. Have you not watched a single Friday film? The game's state pre-Halloween reflected this very well. Now Gun is trying to return the game's balance to that state. If I had to guess you bought the game during Christmas or Halloween and you're used to being to able wail on Jason and not die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched the films. As a video in this thread shows a counselor throwing Jason to the ground. 

Also Roy, is 7ft tall like Jason and can shift and morph and is a giant terrifying undead God? No he was a person. The game isn't true to film.. if it were Roy should play similar to a counselor but be able to kill. Also if game was true to movie as a counselor you'd randomly fall when being chased by Jason and not have the common sense to get back up and instead cower in fear. 

I played pre October for 4 months and the difference was Jason was slower and his stun time was longer and he could kill counselors with well placed double traps.. pre October wasn't perfect.. stop referencing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lightningbolt said:

I saw a Jarvis kill on Jason just yesterday.

Congratulations.. there are still bad Jason's out there. I played against a kid that killed 0 people last night.  There are still new players who have only been Jason a couple times. I however have found it incredibly easier to kill counselors. Haven't even had my masked knocked off in the last few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I have watched the films. As a video in this thread shows a counselor throwing Jason to the ground. 

Also Roy, is 7ft tall like Jason and can shift and morph and is a giant terrifying undead God? No he was a person. The game isn't true to film.. if it were Roy should play similar to a counselor but be able to kill. Also if game was true to movie as a counselor you'd randomly fall when being chased by Jason and not have the common sense to get back up and instead cower in fear. 

I played pre October for 4 months and the difference was Jason was slower and his stun time was longer and he could kill counselors with well placed double traps.. pre October wasn't perfect.. stop referencing it.

the roy model is only a little taller then adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

the roy model is only a little taller then adam

I'll do it tonight and take screenshots and show you.  But I just watch videos of gameplay of part 9 Jason and part 5.  Watch them both walk up to a door and compare the size... It's the same. Now I personally don't care about this but if people want to bring up the movies and say stuff like it's supposed to be like the movies.. then counselors need to fall down and be incapable of getting up and using their brains. Wait, that'd make for an game that isn't any fun to play? But who cares it's supposed to be true to the movies, right? So which is it peeps, true to movie or a fun and enjoyable game that has a lot of the qualities of the movies but tweaked to be more enjoyable as a video game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

pre October wasn't perfect.. stop referencing it.

Oh wow you're inserting words into my mouth to make your argument sound better... sigh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Oh wow you're inserting words into my mouth to make your argument sound better... sigh. 

You also neglected to read any of the posts in this thread because I've said multiple times I've played since June.. also you stated previously October reflected what Jason's power should be and that you think gun is working back towards that. Sorry I summed up your opinion to you think that pre October was perfect. 

So, when do you think the game was at it's best and most playable prior to this patch?

Also, I'm just stating that with the Jason where he is now it takes very little to kill people because I know they aren't getting good items and they usually don't have a good stun weapon..so they're easy targets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

it still does if you're playing against counselors that are smart and stay off jasons radar and get shit done 

Well yes but what if they mess up with one of their objectives? Such as messing up putting fuel in either the car or boat? Jason can just morph to your location and kill you with ease now because of this new buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People, you all should know the rules by now but there's still back and forth bickering going on. Stop it. Agree to disagree and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, F13 said:

Well yes but what if they mess up with one of their objectives? Such as messing up putting fuel in either the car or boat? Jason can just morph to your location and kill you with ease now because of this new buff.

So don't fuck up. Mistakes generally have consequences, kiddo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

So don't fuck up. Mistakes generally have consequences, kiddo.

You say that like its easy to not fuck up. Its not especially if you main Vanessa like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have posted a couple suggestions of what I think would make it better and like one other person has. Most people have just come to put others down(typical internet) and not suggestion anything and just talk about how much they loved pre October patch and that everyone who doesn't like the current bought the game in November or Christmas. Well now we've said all that and we've all proven each other wrong.. so does anyone have any suggestions?? 

Mine were leave as is less traps on a few Jason's. 

Leave Jason as is, give back either meds, knives or a new smoke bomb perk to block Jason's sense

Leave Jason as is give us weapons

Leave Jason as is and bring back old counselor trap placement by door.

Any of these would not be game breaking and would type the scale to more of a balance than just heavily in Jason's favor.

If you only come to this forum to put others down and do the typical internet troll you need to stop. Some people are trying to make real suggestions. You can defend yourself and your point of view without tearing someone else down. It's called discussion and it's how most good ideas are formed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, F13 said:

You say that like its easy to not fuck up. Its not especially if you main Vanessa like me.

You and me both. A basic Speed Demon is your friend :D

In terms of @PsychBam's ideas, I think the trap-by-door thing was an unintended screw up of several patches ago. It should definitely be reverted (though I find a trap at the door to hinder counselor door combat more than it really slows down Jason). Taking a couple traps off Part 2 is not the worst idea...then again, I main Part 4.

Weapons and items are still more numerous than before the December patch - they're just more spread out. Changes to these are neither needed nor desirable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Leave Jason as is, give back either meds, knives or a new smoke bomb perk to block Jason's sense

Leave Jason as is give us weapons

Leave Jason as is and bring back old counselor trap placement by door.

Any of these would not be game breaking and would type the scale to more of a balance than just heavily in Jason's favor.

If you only come to this forum to put others down and do the typical internet troll you need to stop. Some people are trying to make real suggestions. You can defend yourself and your point of view without tearing someone else down. It's called discussion and it's how most good ideas are formed.

1.) If you want more Med Sprays then equip the Hypochondriac perk.

2.) If you want more weapons equip the perks that let you start with  a weapon.

3.) Counselor traps are fine since you can infinitely re-arm them.

The balance is still in counselor's favor, not Jasons.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

1.) If you want more Med Sprays then equip the Hypochondriac perk.

2.) If you want more weapons equip the perks that let you start with  a weapon.

3.) Counselor traps are fine since you can infinitely re-arm them.

The balance is still in counselor's favor, not Jasons.

Again, some of these things I want as for when I'm a counselor but most is to make it harder for me as Jason as I've stated multiple times. 

I do use hypochondriac but I'd like it if when I'm Jason the counselors had more of a fighting chance. Traps by the door would slow me down, more weapons could cause a greater final stand against me, more meds would allow people who don't use hypochondriac to have more and so on.. I didn't struggle to do well as Jason before this patch but now I don't even need to place traps and I get the kills because there are only 4 knives to worry about and that's including Tommy's

I haven't hit 1000 plays as Jason so I can still do the calculation of my total kills divided by games played and I average 6.6 kills per match. This isn't a brag, just the calculation. I just want it to be more challenging for me as Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PsychBam said:

Again, some of these things I want as for when I'm a counselor but most is to make it harder for me as Jason as I've stated multiple times. 

I do use hypochondriac but I'd like it if when I'm Jason the counselors had more of a fighting chance. Traps by the door would slow me down, more weapons could cause a greater final stand against me, more meds would allow people who don't use hypochondriac to have more and so on.. I didn't struggle to do well as Jason before this patch but now I don't even need to place traps and I get the kills because there are only 4 knives to worry about and that's including Tommy's

Play against better teams if you want a harder time as Jason. Playing Jason in QP is the easiest setting for him because counselors don't work together and it's full of lone wolves and players that don't mic up.

It's obvious you haven't played against very good counselor teams, yet. But it's OK, it's probably a good thing you haven't experienced it as it would change your tune on Jason being "too good" extremely fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played crews of teams working together and communicating and stunning me and setting off traps at both places at once and I decide where to go strategically.

That's why my average is only 6.6.. because sometimes I only get 5 kills when I play good teams.

Please don't make this a pissing contest with bickering thinking I've never played food teams. I have and I've done it quite often and in those games I get around 5-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I have played crews of teams working together and communicating and stunning me and setting off traps at both places at once and I decide where to go strategically.

That's why my average is only 6.6.. because sometimes I only get 5 kills when I play good teams.

Please don't make this a pissing contest with bickering thinking I've never played food teams. I have and I've done it quite often and in those games I get around 5-7

So when you play against good teams that actually know how to play counselors, almost half of them escape and you still want Jason nerfs? Am I missing something here or...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

So when you play against good teams that actually know how to play counselors, almost half of them escape and you still want Jason nerfs? Am I missing something here or...

7 is half?(A 6.6 average and sometimes people quit at the beginning if they aren't Jason and some matches Tommy isn't called so I consider it a pretty decent average) Even if I have a bad game at 5, I'll take it if it's against a skilled group. They deserve the W with that teamwork. And not Jason nerfs, leave him as is but give the counselors more fight. Yes I want it to be insanely hard.. and considering that is my average before this knife and med and weapon decrease I'd consider it good. So yes I think this patch ruined things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

7 is half? And not Jason nerfs, leave him as is but give the counselors more fight. Yes I want it to be insanely hard.. and considering that is my average before this knife and med and weapon decrease I'd consider it good. So yes I think this patch ruined things. 

You said you average 5-6 kills against good teams. Yes, 5 kills is almost half of them escaping since it's technically 8 human controlled opponents.

And counselors don't need more buffs. Counselors have been broken since day 1 of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I have played crews of teams working together and communicating and stunning me and setting off traps at both places at once and I decide where to go strategically.

That's why my average is only 6.6.. because sometimes I only get 5 kills when I play good teams.

Please don't make this a pissing contest with bickering thinking I've never played food teams. I have and I've done it quite often and in those games I get around 5-7

All your doing is repeating the same good points you've made over and over they just aren't going to understand or don't want to. They either don't like the thrill of the kill like we do or they just aren't skilled Jason players. Like you said not everyone has the luxury to always play against organized teams. Sometimes you have no choice but to have public matches and when i do now most of the time it's 7/8 or 8/8 without breaking a sweat. When i do go against an organized team yes it's more difficult and takes alot longer to kill the counselors but what about those people that don't always have the opportunity to play organized teams on a daily basis?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...