7 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

I dare to tell that they dont even play the game, they only watch videos, they saw a video of 5 chads chasing Jason and that was the only reason they made this update hahaha, thats very clear, everyone can make videos of everything, that doesnt mean that always happen in the real games

I doubt that was the only reason. To be honest, it looks to me like they may have intentionally had nerfed jason in order to allow people to have time to do their dances, attract new players, sell emotes and clothes. They may not have forseen that people would begin complaining about the way jason was now portrayed. This current update I think had been mostly a reaction to the die-hard jason fans who were tired of seeing jason stunned all game long and tea-bagged.

And to be more honest, I was tired of seeing it, too; nevertheless, I think the devs were listening to all the wrong suggestions on how to get jason back to where he is not getting his ass kicked. They just buffed him instead of giving him a way to defend himself the latter of which would have been the better solution, IMHO.

Screw the less items and weapons.. leave the grab range where it is now but make it to where Jason needs to pick up all his throwing knives and cap Jason's at 5 traps, meaning now 7 trap Jason and take the 5 trap Jason's to 4. So you'll have Jason's with 3, 4, and 5.. that would probably play really well..

It's just crazy there is a 7 trap Jason and 4 pocket knives.. yes 4, I got stabbed with them all in a game last night.

I honestly thing the devs should consider adding more than 1 fuse box and fuse to the map just to keep jasons from putting all of their traps there. I was in a game where a jason put 6 traps there the other day and did nothing except go back and forth between the vehicles. Adding a second fuse and fuse box would be appropriate with less pocket knives and health sprays available.

5 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

It's just crazy there is a 7 trap Jason and 4 pocket knives.. yes 4, I got stabbed with them all in a game last night.

And before this patch, I was stabbed in the neck with 7-8 pocket knives in many, many matches. I think lowering the weapons was a good choice. This is a summer camp, not an armory. The amount of pocket knives and med sprays made a lot of really good Jason players resort to hacking instead of using the more interesting kills because every counselor had at least one pocket knife.

But, this too is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

And before this patch, I was stabbed in the neck with 7-8 pocket knives in many, many matches. I think lowering the weapons was a good choice. This is a summer camp, not an armory. The amount of pocket knives and med sprays made a lot of really good Jason players resort to hacking instead of using the more interesting kills because every counselor had at least one pocket knife.

But, this too is just my opinion.

bro, an armory doesnt have baseball bats, wrench tools, pipe tubes, those are common things you find everywhere, and I am sure that in a camp there are more flare guns that only one and at least 2 guns for practice shooting, axes for cutting wood and make fire, a real camp is not a damn desert come on

Also, you were being stabbed with all the pks because of the type of player I hate. The type that would rather step in a trap and notify Jason then use the knife as defense instead of using the knife and not notifying Jason and escaping.. you could have left just as many pks but less meds so nobody would step in traps because there is only 3 or 4 heals on a map..

I feel like some people are playing totally different games then me.

I've played about 25 matches since the last update.  Half of them in private lobbies with good players.  In those matches i escaped/survived a few times.. Was able to stun Jason plenty of times.  Had no problems finding weapons..  EVER.     

I have NO CLUE what some of you people are talkin about

21 hours ago, PsychBam said:

it seems that with each update you are buffing Jason

Literally one patch since launch has buffed Jason :lol:

1 hour ago, lightningbolt said:

They just buffed him instead of giving him a way to defend himself

That's...an interesting way of thinking. Thanks to the buff, he defends himself the way Jason generally defends himself: by murdering your fucking face off :JasonPt4:

• Thanks 2

Actually the buffs for Counselor have been about the same number as for Jason. 

They decreased time Jason is stunned, Can't place traps at doors, his sense and stalk are better than they were, his grab range has gone back and forth a couple times, they added that he cancels a counselor going into a window(before he would not stop you from entering with a pocket knife), they've fixed he's kill activations so they appear better in certain situations, they added more environmental kills so you don't have to walk across the whole map. Point is he's been buffed more than once and so have counselors. It's gone back and forth.

And I get private lobbies are a good and viable option and you can get a group of better players but I don't find it as easy to find that on PC as I did on Xbox Looking for Groups feature.

You can't just take examples from private lobbies with people working together because some people can't find groups to play with or don't know where to look and use quick play which is the main source of finding a match. In there you run across people that speak different languages, no mic, aholes who don't want to work as a group. I get with teamwork the counselors can thrive but that's not how 90% of my match experiences go.

22 hours ago, PsychBam said:

You need to learn how to use your morph/shift/stalk in a combination to kill each different type of character, style of play and skill level..Once you learn those things the game becomes exponentially more fun and you don't need all these patches to strengthen Jason.

When I see that much text on the screen I just ignore it, but I read through all of yours.

I love being Jason and I don't care that much for being a counselor. I finally got some Jason rounds last night, since the patch, and I can barely tell the difference with his grab and speed buffs. 2 extra throwing knives don't mean shit either, even to a marksman such as myself. These buffs (if they're even there) are in the single digits percentage-wise. I cannot see them making a shitty Jason any better. 

Even as a counselor, I'm doing fine. I escape majority of the times. We even killed Roy last night (and it was a random QP lobby). It's true that a lot of Jason players need to improve, but you need to improve too. That's the only thing I can see that's causing you trouble. You must've focused your style based off the amount of items, that weren't even supposed to be there in the first place. 

Also the game cannot cater, anymore than it has, to people that don't have mics. If you have a mic and nobody else does, just talk to them. They will listen. 

I wish you could get a taste of what it was like before the Oct patch. It would redefine your concept of "casual player" especially for counselors. 

@WashingtonJones I agree with some parts but as Jason I find it way easier to get kills now.

Also, you probably didn't read through all the posts(it's become a lot, I understand) but I've been playing since early June. Started on Xbox, switched to PC

Just now, PsychBam said:

Started on Xbox, switched to PC

That might be the problem right there.

I play on PC and over the holidays I played only on an XBox and I wanted to kill myself. I had to relearn how to play basically. It felt so different. 

Then when I got home, it was the same thing but in reverse. I had to relearn how to play on PC again. 

And I used the same Xbox One controller for both.

18 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

You can't just take examples from private lobbies with people working together because some people can't find groups to play

This makes no sense..   Anyone can find people to play with.   That being said its also easy to team up with people in random quick matches too.  If you think this game should be balanced in a way that ONE player can fend off Jason easily while they escape because they can't find any friends or players to ally with, then you've got things backwards.

Because changed the game to support lone Wolf Players then the game would just become extremely difficult for Jason to kill players in lobbies where people actually work together.

Every time we get an update, someone's accusing the devs of "coddling". How about letting the update run its course for a week or two and see how the gameplay changes before complaining.

3 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

My experience in posting here seems to indicate that the majority of people who get the attention of the devs for update suggestions are the die-hard jason movie fans who just want jason to always kill, kill, kill, their reasons are all subjective, like "Jason can not grab because his arm gets in the way! Limit pocket knives, health sprays! Not cannon ... OMG!" or whatever; but, the people who actually play video games and want a good game to play, it seems like the suggestions from actual gamers get shoved under the table a little, it seems.

Die-hard movie fans can be hardcore gamers. I personally enjoy the best of both worlds. There's nothing wrong with the stance of Jason being the star of the show. It's his game, and the counselors are just small fish in his pond. Jason is not getting a 100% kill rate across the board. Counselors are surviving and escaping. As far as subjective posting, every person here (yourself and myself included) has an opinion  to be expressed. No one agrees with every person here, and no one is completely right or wrong in their thinking.

3 hours ago, PsychBam said:

Screw the less items and weapons.. leave the grab range where it is now but make it to where Jason needs to pick up all his throwing knives and cap Jason's at 5 traps, meaning now 7 trap Jason and take the 5 trap Jason's to 4. So you'll have Jason's with 3, 4, and 5.. that would probably play really well..

Leave traps and knives where they currently are.

2 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

I honestly thing the devs should consider adding more than 1 fuse box and fuse to the map just to keep jasons from putting all of their traps there. I was in a game where a jason put 6 traps there the other day and did nothing except go back and forth between the vehicles. Adding a second fuse and fuse box would be appropriate with less pocket knives and health sprays available.

Four escape options are good enough. Jason has enough on his plate handling those. 6 traps on the fuse box is a bit much. I've yet to see a Jason player do that.

I myself am just looking for a solution of compromise. Like I said take away all Jason's starting throwing knives and knock down the number of traps that Jason's get( the ones that get 5 & 7, the 3 is already low enough).

That or leave it as is and put more weapons in. Not shotguns that are guaranteed stubs but what's wrong with wrenches? Because it's not realistic? It's a GAME based on a MOVIE that's all unrealistic. Lol 

Leave the weapons and Jason the same and put a couple meds or knives back in...hell maybe add a different item too, like smoke bombs? Everyone played with smoke bombs as a kid.. if you used a smoke bomb Jason can't sense in it or through it.

I'm all for playing and adapting. This, like I said before, is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm honestly more upset about my trap placement being changed as a counselor (which isn't open or game breaking where it used to be) than pks. The weapon thing is also a downside due to I spawned in the fuse house with no weapons in that house or the next one I ran too and Jason hunted me down and murdered me, I was Eric (couldn't run far enough away from the running Jason)

9 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I'm all for playing and adapting. This, like I said before, is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm honestly more upset about my trap placement being changed as a counselor (which isn't open or game breaking where it used to be) than pks. The weapon thing is also a downside due to I spawned in the fuse house with no weapons in that house or the next one I ran too and Jason hunted me down and murdered me, I was Eric (couldn't run far enough away from the running Jason)

Part of adapting is learning. Give the changes a bit more time before you lose your cool.

6 hours ago, F13 said:

I agree completely, It used to feel like you achieved something when you kill a counselor who did indeed had skill in the game but now.... Its just plain to easy. Sure, He's supposed to be that buffed cause its Jason but at least back then, We had a chance against him. Now its almost impossible to play as counselor without getting to be the first five people that get killed. Maybe buff up the counselor's stats abit Gunmedia? Or give counselors even better perks? Like I said, I'm ok with buffing up Jason but at least give us a chance in surviving his wrath....

it still does if you're playing against counselors that are smart and stay off jasons radar and get shit done 

19 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I myself am just looking for a solution of compromise. Like I said take away all Jason's starting throwing knives and knock down the number of traps that Jason's get( the ones that get 5 & 7, the 3 is already low enough).

That or leave it as is and put more weapons in. Not shotguns that are guaranteed stubs but what's wrong with wrenches? Because it's not realistic? It's a GAME based on a MOVIE that's all unrealistic. Lol 

Leave the weapons and Jason the same and put a couple meds or knives back in...hell maybe add a different item too, like smoke bombs? Everyone played with smoke bombs as a kid.. if you used a smoke bomb Jason can't sense in it or through it.

Oddly, I have found that mitch with either home body or heavy sleeper with level headed and controlled breathing to reduce fear works really well against the new part V jason due to this new ones shitty sensing ability. Basically you sit in front of the fire place or fire outside when passing by and hide every so often while you are in a house or outside and let the music pass, then go looking for the fuse or parts. Part V jason can not sense you for shit until he gets rage.

Just now, Fair Play said:

Part of adapting is learning. Give the changes a bit more time before you lose your cool.

Haven't been able to trap doors in almost 2 months.. I feel like that is some time playing.. I just don't get why they did it.. because Jason's kept stepping in them? Oh well it doesn't kill him the way it did when he double layered traps which is why they nerfed his traps. It would literally insta kill you.

Everyone keeps referencing when you play with a good team or against a good team and I hear and understand you, I do. It's just that isn't as frequent for me as you make it seem.

Also I'm not sure about you guys but roughly 1-2 people quit per game I play whether I'm Jason or counselor and they quit in the beginning before any kill or anything gets done. Anyone else play quick play who experiences this? What do you think the average of quitters is that doesn't go towards Jason kill count?

5 hours ago, PsychBam said:

Unfortunately, you are way off. I started in June. I'm also tired of hearing people say you're not supposed to defend yourself with a weapon and that you're supposed to hide.. hiding is part of it but when he is chasing me in a house stunning is part of the GAME. It's a GAME based in the movies and although we want to keep it as true to form you all need to realize it also needs to be a well rounded game

I'm not bad as counselor or Jason. I just feel my Jason kills are handed to me wayyyy too easily now and it should be challenging, not a walk in the park and if the only way it's challenging is against a group of 7 well coordinated players then that's just sad.

Preach on bro! These hardheaded people don't seem to get that there are different ways to survive in this game. One way is to hide and escape. The other way is to try to kill Jason! That's how the devs intended it so that there are multiple ways to win against Jason. So yes an increase in weapons obviously increases our chances of survival either by killing him or beating him down enough to try to escape later. All they have to do to fix this is to come to a healthy compromise. Give us back the weapons and health sprays so we have more of a chance to survive and all of you that want to make it easier for Jason to kill let them keep his increased reach and speed! This would be fair for all parties involved but some just don't want to compromise anything.

2 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Preach on bro! These hardheaded people don't seem to get that there are different ways to survive in this game. One way is to hide and escape. The other way is to try to kill Jason! That's how the devs intended it so that there are multiple ways to win against Jason. So yes an increase in weapons obviously increases our chances of survival either by killing him or beating him down enough to try to escape later. All they have to do to fix this is to come to a healthy compromise. Give us back the weapons and health sprays so we have more of a chance to survive and all of you that want to make it easier for Jason to kill let them keep his increased reach and speed! This would be fair for all parties involved but some just don't want to compromise anything.

no the devs added killing jason as the challenge for counselor players there core idea is hide repair and escape the kill is easter egg challenge as homage to the final chapter killing jason is supposed to be impossible point blank

20 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Haven't been able to trap doors in almost 2 months.. I feel like that is some time playing.. I just don't get why they did it.. because Jason's kept stepping in them? Oh well it doesn't kill him the way it did when he double layered traps which is why they nerfed his traps. It would literally insta kill you.

Everyone keeps referencing when you play with a good team or against a good team and I hear and understand you, I do. It's just that isn't as frequent for me as you make it seem.

Also I'm not sure about you guys but roughly 1-2 people quit per game I play whether I'm Jason or counselor and they quit in the beginning before any kill or anything gets done. Anyone else play quick play who experiences this? What do you think the average of quitters is that doesn't go towards Jason kill count?

Some days you have good teams to play with, other days not so much. People are gonna quit. It happens. That doesn't mean you can't still escape with less people in a match. It's harder, but not impossible.