I find the grab to be fine.

I think people have become so comfortable for the months of being able to constantly beat up on Jason, especially with the nerfed grab range that they felt invincible and god like, especially with Jasons shitty melee detection. Now without the constant insurance of 3 pocket knives/6 med sprays to go along with the nerfed grab range. Its a huge adjustment, almost back to beta, but not quite for me.

I think what your going to see from the trolls who raqeuit when Jason kills them is instead of the offensive dancing, beating up on Jason and then raging if by some miracle, Jason killed them before they could kill him is...a reliance on defense trolling. Your going to start seeing games filled with do nothings and people who play a defensive troll game...for the full 20 minutes and if they think Jason will kill them...they'll just suicide or ragequit. The sense of self entitlement will sweep across  quick games where players who can't solo dolo Jason anymore or beat on him or kill him as easy will just suicide or ragequit...plain and simple.

So the style of these games will change...but that's it.

16 hours ago, PsychBam said:

Before you could go sideways to the door against the frame of it and place a trap literally right up against the door. Now there is a boundary that does not allow you to place a trap that close to a closed door and when Jason rages through he doesn't have to step in it.

If there is a mat in front of the door stand at the corner diagonally of the mat and the counselor will put the trap perfectly on the mat. 

3 minutes ago, T.W said:

If there is a mat in front of the door stand at the corner diagonally of the mat and the counselor will put the trap perfectly on the mat. 

I know this, but it is still not as close to what I was able to do and there was really no point to take it away. It wasn't op to place traps that close to the door.

You can also open the door, place the trap on the ground. Close the door and lock it(or not) then set the trap.. this sometimes doesn't work either. It won't let me close the door sometimes and will force me to pick up the trap. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PsychBam said:

This does not just refer to the new update, this is a list of things that have been done to coddle players who refuse or choose not to take the time to gain skills in the game. You should not have the mindset that you will be a casual player and be able to be in a lobby with people who play regularly and do well. If you don't want to put in the time and effort and practice to develop skills and techniques then please don't beg for changes to be made. 
With this new update knives, med sprays and weapons have been reduced while Jason got a speed buff and his grab cone increased.
     Did it suck constantly picking people up and getting a pk to the neck? For sure. Did it suck when everyone just used med sprays that were littered around to step in your traps? Definitely. Here is the thing though, after they did all of that stuff and I hunted them down and still went 8/8 I felt accomplished and like I played well..Making the game easier for Jason is just coddling those who don't want to take the time and work hard to become better.
Let me list some things off: 

• As a counselor I have lost a lot of weapons on the map
  •  heal sprays
  •  knives
  • I can't trap doors anymore
  • if Jason is in combat and uses block I can't stun him but if I block he can still grab me(If Jason can block all of my offensive maneuver in combat, I should be able to stop his)
  • His grab is quicker than my swing so he negates my animation and picks me up
  • Counselor can't defend themselves in water
  • Jason swings so quickly that if he is hacking you have no time to use the heal spray in your inventory
  • he can stop all my animations by hitting me
  • Jason is now faster
  • I can't hear him break down a door if I'm not in sight of said door but am in the house
  • His grab range is larger
  • etc....I could keep listing advantages to Jason

Some of these issues were existing and I'm okay with it but it seems that with each update you are buffing Jason because people are complaining because they are playing someone who has logged a lot of hours in the game.. With time comes better tactics. 
What's next? Are you going to make it to where counselors can't run anymore? We are all just going to be walking targets for Jason?

Now that items are reduced you have made teamwork even more important. That is fantastic, except for half of the time people don't have mics, don't speak the same language or are selfish and hold the pocket knife for when they get picked up instead of for objectives...The amount of times that I have taught people level 60+ that you can even disarm a trap with a knife is insane.. I'm all for balance in a game. I don't want it to be easy as counselor at all. That's not what this post is about. I'm just saying that with each update it seems Jason is getting the buffs and now the scale is tipped wayyyy in Jason's favor. I mean on the new map you legit have to drive the boat up the middle where Jason can see it on his mini-map. He no longer has to constantly check and be aware of it.(at least on the new map)

People will disagree with me all day, I know. People also hate that "Get Skill" comment and when people use it the wrong way I get it, but the truth is that nobody should be able to pick this game up and go 8/8.. You do need to develop skill and practice. There aren't many/if any other games with mechanics like Jason's abilities have and unfortunately you do need to practice. You need to learn how to stop a good driver who can go off-road well. You need to learn how to stop someone who can swerve well in a boat. You need to learn how to use your morph/shift/stalk in a combination to kill each different type of character, style of play and skill level..Once you learn those things the game becomes exponentially more fun and you don't need all these patches to strengthen Jason.

I agree completely, It used to feel like you achieved something when you kill a counselor who did indeed had skill in the game but now.... Its just plain to easy. Sure, He's supposed to be that buffed cause its Jason but at least back then, We had a chance against him. Now its almost impossible to play as counselor without getting to be the first five people that get killed. Maybe buff up the counselor's stats abit Gunmedia? Or give counselors even better perks? Like I said, I'm ok with buffing up Jason but at least give us a chance in surviving his wrath....

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

I know this, but it is still not as close to what I was able to do and there was really no point to take it away. It wasn't op to place traps that close to the door.

You can also open the door, place the trap on the ground. Close the door and lock it(or not) then set the trap.. this sometimes doesn't work either. It won't let me close the door sometimes and will force me to pick up the trap. 

I see

Yeah never had that problem just that last one where you go to place the trap but didn't and you were still caring it  but they fix that 

@PsychBam I will address each one of your points. 

As a counselor I have lost a lot of weapons on the map- That is because with the October and December patches, entirely too many weapons were added and the Devs acknowledged this. Also, this isn't a "fight Jason" simulator. If you notice at the beginning of the match, it says "Survive". It doesn't say "Kick Jason's Ass"

heal sprays- I have seen pictures with 11 med sprays. If you add in hypochondriac and medic that could mean 5-6 med sprays apiece for each counselor. I think that is a bit of overkill, don't you?

knives- Before the most recent patch, I was regularly stabbed in the neck 7-8 times in a match. The amount of pocket knives needed to be lowered. Everyone I know who plays the game agrees with that. It was a needed change.

I can't trap doors anymore- Yes you can. You just have to be more careful with the placement.

if Jason is in combat and uses block I can't stun him but if I block he can still grab me(If Jason can block all of my offensive maneuver in combat, I should be able to stop his)- Why do you think a scared teenager should be able to block an attack from a 7' 300 lb homicidal maniac? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

His grab is quicker than my swing so he negates my animation and picks me up- Again, the goal as a counselor is to escape, not to fight Jason. That is the problem with a lot of players who were spoiled with Pinata Jason for 3 months. They don't play the game, they want to hunt Jason. 

Counselor can't defend themselves in water- If the movies had one hard and fast rule it was "Stay out of the damn water!" Everyone who stayed in the water for any length of time died. Besides, how well do you think you would be able to fight in the water?

Jason swings so quickly that if he is hacking you have no time to use the heal spray in your inventory- That is why you avoid Jason. I think once people get back into the mindset of flying under Jason's radar and working on completing objectives again, their counselor play will get much better. 

he can stop all my animations by hitting me- I would think that if a big, hulking brute hit me with an axe, or a pitchfork, or a machete...etc...I would probably stop what I was doing as well.

Jason is now faster- Good. It was embarrassing watching Lachappa jog away from Jason laughing.

I can't hear him break down a door if I'm not in sight of said door but am in the house- I haven't experienced this yet, or if I did, I didn't notice.

His grab range is larger- Yes. Before this patch Jason had the effective grab range of a Tyrannosaurus-Rex. It needed to be fixed.

I could be wrong, but it sounds as if maybe you started playing the game after the October patch, or maybe even the December one. I honestly feel sorry for players that were so late to the game, as they were spoiled by the amount of weapons and various buffs that had been given to counselors because of people whining about how hard it was to survive. Unfortunately, the odds were tipped so far in the counselors' favor that people became spoiled and the mindset was that the objective was to hunt and fight Jason. Not only does that go against the movies upon which the game was based, it goes against the original vision the developers had for the game.

You tell people they should "Get better as Jason". I think most players need to get better as counselors. If you think Jason is a beast now, you should have been around during the Beta and and the first 4-5 months after launch. If you survived a match against a decent Jason player then, you had actually achieved something. I honestly think that if people learn to play the counselors the way they were meant to be played and work toward objectives then things will go much more smoothly for them.

Just my opinion. 

Unfortunately, you are way off. I started in June. I'm also tired of hearing people say you're not supposed to defend yourself with a weapon and that you're supposed to hide.. hiding is part of it but when he is chasing me in a house stunning is part of the GAME. It's a GAME based in the movies and although we want to keep it as true to form you all need to realize it also needs to be a well rounded game

I'm not bad as counselor or Jason. I just feel my Jason kills are handed to me wayyyy too easily now and it should be challenging, not a walk in the park and if the only way it's challenging is against a group of 7 well coordinated players then that's just sad.

7 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Unfortunately, you are way off. I started in June. I'm also tired of hearing people say you're not supposed to defend yourself with a weapon and that you're supposed to hide.. hiding is part of it but when he is chasing me in a house stunning is part of the GAME. It's a GAME based in the movies and although we want to keep it as true to form you all need to realize it also needs to be a well rounded game

I'm not bad as counselor or Jason. I just feel my Jason kills are handed to me wayyyy too easily now and it should be challenging, not a walk in the park and if the only way it's challenging is against a group of 7 well coordinated players then that's just sad.

I did say that I could be wrong, and it seems that I was. I never said that you weren't supposed to defend yourself with a weapon, I said that the mindset of "let's go hunting Jason" has produced a plethora of players who have no idea how to play as a counselor. You can avoid being hit by a hacking Jason, I do it fairly regularly, and I main as Deborah. My spawn preference is set to counselor, and I love the new patch. You get that feeling of dread when Jason is around, as it should be.

I think that the reason you feel that the kills are handed to you is the reason I posted above. Players, especially new players, have become so emboldened with all of the weapons, med sprays, etc... that they have no idea how to play counselors to complete objectives. Far too many believe that it should be a Jason-beating, Dance-party-having, teabagging, trolling party, instead of a horror survival game. I think this patch should alleviate some of that.

You could be right. Could just take some time to balance back. The thing about when I first started in June was when you actually did get a hit off on Jason with the extra stun time perk you had a good 10+ seconds to get away, sometimes it felt like 30. Lol. Now the stun times are super short so it just seems a little unbalanced in Jason's favor and yeah he's a destruction horror god.. but I'd like some challenge as Jason. 

Also, someone stated previously that your character will not get scared and notify Jason when he walks by when you're in a hiding spot and I tried it last night and Jason said he couldn't sense me but my character whining notified him.

3 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Also, someone stated previously that your character will not get scared and notify Jason when he walks by when you're in a hiding spot and I tried it last night and Jason said he couldn't sense me but my character whining notified him.

I missed that comment, but it is wrong. If your fear level is up, you character will whine, even in a hiding spot. Holding your breath will help, but that only lasts so long. I rarely use the closets or beds anymore. Not saying I never use them, but I do so less often. I've seen too many players try to jump in a closet or under a bed after I'm already in the house as Jason. That is just a bad idea all the way around. If you can get into a hiding spot before Jason comes in the cabin and start holding your breath when he enters the room, it can be a viable option, depending on your fear level. But, the circumstances have to pretty much be perfect for the spots to work consistently. I don't rely on them too much.

If you equip the perks home body, level headed, controlled breathing and crouch in front of the fireplace for 30 seconds or so before going into a hiding spot, your  councilor typically would not say anything or make loud enough breathing sounds for jason to hear, unless the electricity was out in the cabin or sensed when jason has rage.

Before I considered myself as a bad jason, a really noob Jason, and now after this update I kill everyone 8/8 very easy always lol its so funny, maybe its unfair but I like to kill everyone, but at the same time I prefer balance in games, and its weird that the majority of people in this forum prefer this update and in game everyone is complaining about it

3 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

Before I considered myself as a bad jason, a really noob Jason, and now after this update I kill everyone 8/8 very easy always lol its so funny, maybe its unfair but I like to kill everyone, but at the same time I prefer balance in games, and its weird that the majority of people in this forum prefer this update and in game everyone is complaining about it

That's because the mass majority of the people that play F13 don't come to this forum. I used to frequent it but I got annoyed by people attacking on here as the guy in the beginning did so I went away.. I only commented again now because after taking away counselors perfect trap placement and now less weapons and items it just felt a little unbalanced.  But everyone has their own opinion.

9 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

The reason I do not like this update is because I feel that there were more applicable and possibly better options to solve the dilemma of jason being a punching bag; for example, instead of playing with jasons grab or limiting pocket knives they could have just had simply given jason a whip or a speagun that can only target individual councilors in groups and within a range. Jason would be able to defend himself. Now, he does grab better, except that it is annoying that jason grabs better when there is no way to escape him where you could during the same situations last patch. Giving jason a long-range weapon or ability (not the throwing knife) would not have been as annoying and that could have been done without having to buff his grab or limiting items.

Jason's throwing knives are his long range weapon..that plus a good shit-grab.. but I see your point. It could have been done a different way.

They actually did increase the number of throwing knives Jason starts with

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

That's because the mass majority of the people that play F13 don't come to this forum. I used to frequent it but I got annoyed by people attacking on here as the guy in the beginning did so I went away.. I only commented again now because after taking away counselors perfect trap placement and now less weapons and items it just felt a little unbalanced.  But everyone has their own opinion.

yes, and thats a very problematic thing because the devs think that the people in the forums play their game, and actually not, the majority of people who plays dont come here, so the devs listen to the people who knows nothing they are just fans of the project, I feel that they are taking this game to the wrong direction with each update

Jason's throwing knives are his long range weapon..that plus a good shit-grab.. but I see your point. It could have been done a different way.

They actually did increase the number of throwing knives Jason starts with

Right, jason has throwing knives, but remember that jason was getting his ass kicked with already having throwing knives and shift grab. It just would have made more sense to give him an ability or item applicable to helping him defend himself instead of giving him more of what he already has and making the councilors less likely to survive.

9 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

yes, and thats a very problematic thing because the devs think that the people in the forums play their game, and actually not, the majority of people who plays dont come here, so the devs listen to the people who knows nothing they are just fans of the project, I feel that they are taking this game to the wrong direction with each update

My experience in posting here seems to indicate that the majority of people who get the attention of the devs for update suggestions are the die-hard jason movie fans who just want jason to always kill, kill, kill, their reasons are all subjective, like "Jason can not grab because his arm gets in the way! Limit pocket knives, health sprays! Not cannon ... OMG!" or whatever; but, the people who actually play video games and want a good game to play, it seems like the suggestions from actual gamers get shoved under the table a little, it seems.

14 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

Actually, the Devs listen to their Discord, Twitter, and Facebook pages far more often than here.

"listen to the people who knows nothing." Do you have any sort of proof to back up that ludicrous statement? Most of the people on this forum have been playing the game since the Beta, and quite a few backed the project on Kickstarter and Backerit.

"I feel that they are taking this game to the wrong direction with each update." Every update until this one buffed counselors while nerfing Jason. The amount of weapons added in the December update was a mistake, and the developers acknowledged that. Jason's grab was nerfed to the point that you couldn't grab a counselor in a corner that was right in front of you. That is a problem. Jason's grab range at launch was entirely too large, I agree with that. But now, it is more realistic. You can dodge grabs, you just have to get the timing down. It takes practice.

but, the people who actually play video games and want a good game to play, it seems like the suggestions from actual gamers get shoved under the table a little.

Check out the thread here. You'll find that many of the members of this forum have been gamers for decades. As @PsychBam pointed out, it's not a good idea to just assume things without knowing.

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Actually, the Devs listen to their Discord, Twitter, and Facebook pages far more often than here.

"listen to the people who knows nothing." Do you have any sort of proof to back up that ludicrous statement? Most of the people on this forum have been playing the game since the Beta, and quite a few backed the project on Kickstarter and Backerit.

"I feel that they are taking this game to the wrong direction with each update." Every update until this one buffed counselors while nerfing Jason. The amount of weapons added in the December update was a mistake, and the developers acknowledged that. Jason's grab was nerfed to the point that you couldn't grab a counselor in a corner that was right in front of you. That is a problem. Jason's grab range at launch was entirely too large, I agree with that. But now, it is more realistic. You can dodge grabs, you just have to get the timing down. It takes practice.

the proofs are the updates themselves bro, open your eyes

3 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I dare to tell that they dont even play the game, they only watch videos, they saw a video of 5 chads chasing Jason and that was the only reason they made this update hahaha, thats very clear, everyone can make videos of everything, that doesnt mean that always happen in the real games

I do feel that the suggestions to make Jason more indestructible get listened to more to make it more like the movies...but at the end of the day the game has to be playable, right?

There are 8 people in a match.  I know the counselors shouldn't always escape and have Jason dance parties but a counselor should feel they have a chance even without teamwork. You can't force strangers to work together perfectly even though that is the intent.

If you actually watch Dev videos describing how the game should be played in beta.. they talk about stealing other players finished cars and running away from a fellow counselor so Jason kills them and not you. 

The game was originally intended for individual survival.. but teamwork was an option..it should be the same way now.. but as an individual it's much harder

6 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

the proofs are the updates themselves bro, open your eyes

This is the only update that has buffed Jason in months.

3 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

I dare to tell that they dont even play the game, they only watch videos, they saw a video of 5 chads chasing Jason and that was the only reason they made this update hahaha, thats very clear, everyone can make videos of everything, that doesnt mean that always happen in the real games

I dare tell that you really don't have any damn idea what you are talking about. There is only one member on this board that I know of that does not own the game. The majority of us have been around since the beta in December of 2016.

watch the minute 1:07, this is a real friday the 13th movie and this doesnt feel like an "indestructible" jason to me, look a simple counselor can grab jason and fight him.

I do feel that the suggestions to make Jason more indestructible get listened to more to make it more like the movies...but at the end of the day the game has to be playable, right?

There are 8 people in a match.  I know the counselors shouldn't always escape and have Jason dance parties but a counselor should feel they have a chance even without teamwork. You can't force strangers to work together perfectly even though that is the intent.

I don't see the problem. You have two choices by yourself:

1) fix a vehicle and escape.

2) Either fix the phone or once the call is made head to the exit.

Of course your survival time has been reduced, but even before the update I have had many lobbies of mindless people that achieved nothing and didn't help one another. I had to try and apply the above two options.