This does not just refer to the new update, this is a list of things that have been done to coddle players who refuse or choose not to take the time to gain skills in the game. You should not have the mindset that you will be a casual player and be able to be in a lobby with people who play regularly and do well. If you don't want to put in the time and effort and practice to develop skills and techniques then please don't beg for changes to be made. 
With this new update knives, med sprays and weapons have been reduced while Jason got a speed buff and his grab cone increased.
     Did it suck constantly picking people up and getting a pk to the neck? For sure. Did it suck when everyone just used med sprays that were littered around to step in your traps? Definitely. Here is the thing though, after they did all of that stuff and I hunted them down and still went 8/8 I felt accomplished and like I played well..Making the game easier for Jason is just coddling those who don't want to take the time and work hard to become better.
Let me list some things off: 

• As a counselor I have lost a lot of weapons on the map
  •  heal sprays
  •  knives
  • I can't trap doors anymore
  • if Jason is in combat and uses block I can't stun him but if I block he can still grab me(If Jason can block all of my offensive maneuver in combat, I should be able to stop his)
  • His grab is quicker than my swing so he negates my animation and picks me up
  • Counselor can't defend themselves in water
  • Jason swings so quickly that if he is hacking you have no time to use the heal spray in your inventory
  • he can stop all my animations by hitting me
  • Jason is now faster
  • I can't hear him break down a door if I'm not in sight of said door but am in the house
  • His grab range is larger
  • etc....I could keep listing advantages to Jason

Some of these issues were existing and I'm okay with it but it seems that with each update you are buffing Jason because people are complaining because they are playing someone who has logged a lot of hours in the game.. With time comes better tactics. 
What's next? Are you going to make it to where counselors can't run anymore? We are all just going to be walking targets for Jason?

Now that items are reduced you have made teamwork even more important. That is fantastic, except for half of the time people don't have mics, don't speak the same language or are selfish and hold the pocket knife for when they get picked up instead of for objectives...The amount of times that I have taught people level 60+ that you can even disarm a trap with a knife is insane.. I'm all for balance in a game. I don't want it to be easy as counselor at all. That's not what this post is about. I'm just saying that with each update it seems Jason is getting the buffs and now the scale is tipped wayyyy in Jason's favor. I mean on the new map you legit have to drive the boat up the middle where Jason can see it on his mini-map. He no longer has to constantly check and be aware of it.(at least on the new map)

People will disagree with me all day, I know. People also hate that "Get Skill" comment and when people use it the wrong way I get it, but the truth is that nobody should be able to pick this game up and go 8/8.. You do need to develop skill and practice. There aren't many/if any other games with mechanics like Jason's abilities have and unfortunately you do need to practice. You need to learn how to stop a good driver who can go off-road well. You need to learn how to stop someone who can swerve well in a boat. You need to learn how to use your morph/shift/stalk in a combination to kill each different type of character, style of play and skill level..Once you learn those things the game becomes exponentially more fun and you don't need all these patches to strengthen Jason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So you start off by saying "counselor buffs and absurd numbers of knives sprays were okay" and that ever so predictable counselor homer line of "I still went 8/8"

To .... "WAHHHHH WAHHHHHH WAHHHHHH It's too haaaaaaard as a counselor now."

Maybe you should try and learn some skill ... or go play another game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You have misinterpreted what I said. I said balance is okay in a game. Then I continued with it is now unbalanced in Jason's favor. I did say that before it was annoying with the knives and heals but I still died many times before and I killed many times before. I did not say I went 8/8 all the time but that when I did it felt much better than if I were to do it now with everything tipped in my favor.

You have had a lack of understanding of my post probably due to a speed read and an already formulated opinion. I said they have been taking away from counselors for awhile now.

If you are for this pro Jason buff maybe you should have practiced more as Jason to hunt down irritating counselors. I'm sorry that you needed this patch in order to kill counselors due to your lack of trying to develop technique and skill. 

I do not need your validation to my skill level. I have many friends and randoms that say it's entertaining watching me be the last counselor alive because I can Dodge and trap and last 7+ mins.. not always survive the night but last a long time juking Jason and that when I'm Jason they know it's going to be a rough match. Your opinion of being someone who has never played with me does not affect me in the slightest

Well, the more I post here I have realized that the problem is that there is an emphasis on buffing and debuffing either jason or the councilors instead of allowing the players themselves to take full control on how they want to play the game. They really could have gone without buffing jason like this this patch; I mean, his grab? Limiting items? All they had to do was give jason a long-range ability/item within reasonable parameters and organize the weapons spawn a little. Too much was done and it has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with making excuses to have the jason character win more in a not so balanced way.

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

If you are for this pro Jason buff maybe you should have practiced more as Jason to hunt down irritating counselors. I'm sorry that you needed this patch in order to kill counselors due to your lack of trying to develop technique and skill. 

I do not need your validation to my skill level. I have many friends and randoms that say it's entertaining watching me be the last counselor alive because I can Dodge and trap and last 7+ mins.. not always survive the night but last a long time juking Jason and that when I'm Jason they know it's going to be a rough match. Your opinion of being someone who has never played with me does not affect me in the slightest

Guy makes assumptions about my Jason play and in the next sentence talks about not needing validation. LOL You are a funny guy. I'm sorry that your counselor teabag dance party got taken away from you and now you actually have to develop technique and skill to survive. But it's okay ... everyone is clearly impressed because you talk about how great you are. If that were the case, you wouldn't have made this thread.

• Like 4

@dmack621 you are being very contradictory as I am not trying to brag. I only brought up my skill level because you jabbed at it in your initial comment. In my first comment, I was not bragging and say I do it all the time. Simple stating it felt better when accomplished pre-patch. I also never teabag or have Jason dance parties.. I try to accomplish objectives not troll Jason. I actually get annoyed by those that do those things. Again, don't judge when you've never played a match with me.

Thanks for reading my comments and hating on them and not having a an open-minded discussion. 

I haven't heard your opinion on anything on my post except about me as a player, which you never played with. Of you dislike(a person you've never met) then you can simply not joining the discussion.

@lightningbolt I agree. Instead of constantly rolling out patches to increase or decrease the skills of one side of the game they should let time go by and people will adapt and adjust and develop the technique to create balance. It seems everytime that it is closing in on true balance since the last patch they go ahead and change it again. There really was no need for the slightly increased Jason speed as there are Jason's that can run and if someone picked a walking Jason they knew it going in or like me, I play on random, I know there is a chance I'll be my least favorite Jason but I have different strategies for each one. I also had ways to deal with people stepping in traps and medding and excessive stabs in the neck. I guess I don't need those strategies anymore. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Psychbam you just stated in your last reply that you believe the patch before this most recent one was "closing in on bringing true balance" ... so my critique was very accurate. You want more knives, sprays and the ability to fight and troll Jason. You believe that is balance in a game that is 7 vs 1. 

Balance is what we have now, a strong Jason as the team of 1 and 7 counselors who need to work TOGETHER to escape him. If you cannot comprehend this, perhaps Dead By Daylight is a more appropriate game for you. And I am not saying that as an insult, but if having survival handed to you in a 7 v 1 game is what you consider balance, DbD is definitely more up your alley of play style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@PsychBam In some ways I agree with you. They made Jason back into a beast. However, Jason is a beast. Counselors should not be able to go toe-to-toe with Jason for 7 plus minutes unless this is a fresh new player as Jason and an experienced counselor. I do not think Jason is over-powered now, I myself had two matches today being Jason where I killed all 8, then the same lobby I only got 3/8 and almost got killed (Tommy shut the door instead of chopping my head). The difference... teamwork. If you want to find a better group, join a community and send friend requests to people who have a play style with mic's that you like. 

I am personally not mad about the knives or med sprays. If I get grabbed up by a behemoth like Jason I expect to die. Counselors had WAY to much after the last patch in my opinion. I still find plenty of med sprays to get me through a match. Would I still like more weapons, yes of course. But, you're at a camp, not Wal-mart. How many bats, wrenches and machetes do you expect to find at a children's camp in real life? The game itself is realistic to the movie's world, the way it should be, not the real world.

Of course as counselors you will always be able to run, take advantage of game made hiding spots and little corners and things. But at the end of the day, you are a human. You're not superman or wonder woman spending your summer with kids at Crystal Lake. 

• Like 1

I don't want survival handed to me but I don't want kills handed to me either. That is my point. With less items kills are given to Jason more easy as with his increased speed. I want it to be hard on both sides. I also said in my previous reply that it was approaching true balance because people have adapted their playing style, not because I enjoyed pocket knives and heals. It may not come off this way but I'm not pro counselor, I don't even care about surviving. A lot of times I'll fix a car and give someone else the keys and go work on the other car or boat and the fuse and try to get everyone out and if I die then oh well. I'm not in favor of counselor buffs at all but I truly got the most enjoyable play from it being more difficult to kill the counselors because they had so many things... That way when you did eventually kill then it felt good. I understand what you are saying but I am not pro counselor. I'm pro it being difficult from both sides. It was not a guarantee to escape pre-patch if I were playing someone who was good at Jason. Perhaps someone like yourself who knows all the ins and outs.. it wouldn't have bee. Easy to escape, but it also might not have been easy for you to kill everyone and that is the balance I was talking about.

• Like 1

8/8 kills is not a guarantee now, nor was it before the counselor buff patches. A coordinated team is still going to give Jason a hard time. 

As a counselor, you have plenty more options than just fighting or needing a weapon. Look at my post for understanding the role of a counselor. If you are carrying a battery/gas/propeller ... you have no weapon to use. And that is the risk you are taking for the benefit of the whole team. 

One thing people seem to be overlooking are the actual fixes/buffs to things that were not before working properly for counselors and now are. Nobody noticed because nobody was using these tactics because up until yesterday ... they didn't need to use them since late October.

What I am talking about is hiding spots ... when in a house they will negate sense. And if you have the epic perk for homebody/heavy sleeper/level headed ... they work VERY well again.

The counselor will not scream when in a hiding spot and if Jason shows up, he likely will never know you are there and soon be off to the next objective. 

Jason isn't handed anything. He still has to hunt down 7 people (possibly 8) in a 20 minute time limit. If an objective gets done, the pressure is on him even moreso. Counselors can hide, evade him (especially early on), push objectives, and fight back when necessary all to try and dictate where he will be on a map. Jason's on your ass? Communicate with team members who are about to push an objective and are a group of 2-3 who are better equipped to handle him at the time. Most quality players will have no problem intentionally screwing up at an objective to pull Jason away from you so long as they are equipped to deal with him for some time.

You have this idea that because Jason is now a threat (as he should be) that things are just handed to him. Counselors don't need an abundance of supplies to survive. They need teamwork.

• Like 1

@Mtk9210 I'm not really mad about the knives and med sprays.. it's more the straw that broke the camel's back. The thing I was most upset by was not being able to place traps at doors.. it was effective and funny. If the the Jason chose to rage it down.. boom trap.. if he thought there was a trap there he could knock it down the normal way and walk around it.

I also get it. He's a giant scary killing machine. At the same time I don't want these kills handed to me. I like the satisfaction of the hunt and a struggle and a battle. 

I get there being less axes and wrenches maybe but bats? It's a camp kids can play baseball and stuff and machete's have a lot of practical use and before we lived in a society where people ate Tide pods and having to constantly stop children from hurting themselves we could have sharp things laying around. Lol

What can I say I'm probably the only person who preferred playing as Jason and wants it to be hard to kill people

@dmack621 I never stopped using hiding spots, they still semi worked.

I get that it's more on teamwork now but as I think I mentioned in an earlier comment is that teamwork is hard to come by. A lot of people play for themselves and horde items or don't even communicate at all. When a team works together, yeah they are a force to be reckoned with and I've gotten no kills before against teams like that but it just seems in my experience that having that sort of communication and teamwork is few and far between

@psychbam Can you not place traps on doors anymore as a counselor? I did it quite a few times today. 

Not trying to be smart or anything, just trying to see where you're coming from man.

Also, aren't there some games that match you into multiplayer sessions based on skill (player) lvl. That would be a great move and add some competitive nature to the game if it they could make it work (long-term goal)

Edited by Mtk9210
  • Confused 1

Two things I'd like to point out regarding your initial post:

1-You say Jason players should not be coddled and that if they do not feel confident enough, they should practice until they can score a few kills. Sure, we have an offline mode now that allows players to understand the basics of killing people, but please remember that this is very far from the experience Jason has when playing against other players. Not only that, even with Jason preference, you still get him only every now and then, as opposed to constantly playing a counselor. Therefore, it is only natural that your counselor proficiency will increase at a much faster pace. If nothing else, the Jason player should have the balance tipped towards him because it takes way longer to "git gud" as Jason than as a counselor.

2-You said Jason has been constantly favored by updates, but this couldn't possibly be true. Not only his grab was nerfed quite a few months ago with no substantial nerf to counselors, more recently the maps were overloaded with items, mostly due to possibility of finding items in campfires. Hell, you could basically visit one of those and come out loaded with a shotgun, a health spray and a pocket knife. It is undisputed that the most recent update swung the pendulum all the way over to Jason's side, but that's it. Before that, it was the counselors who were coming out on top in the buff/nerf distribution.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mtk9210 said:

@psychbam Can you not place traps on doors anymore as a counselor? I did it quite a few times today. 

Not trying to be smart or anything, just trying to see where you're coming from man.

Before you could go sideways to the door against the frame of it and place a trap literally right up against the door. Now there is a boundary that does not allow you to place a trap that close to a closed door and when Jason rages through he doesn't have to step in it.

@JulianVK it does take way longer to develop skills as Jason because you are him way less but my friends and I just went into private match and practiced shift-grab..stopping cars.. morphing to the right spot and skills for counselor as well. I get everyone may not do this.

Also, yes there have been pro counselor buffs and I'm not always for those either.

7 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

@dmack621 I never stopped using hiding spots, they still semi worked.

I get that it's more on teamwork now but as I think I mentioned in an earlier comment is that teamwork is hard to come by. A lot of people play for themselves and horde items or don't even communicate at all. When a team works together, yeah they are a force to be reckoned with and I've gotten no kills before against teams like that but it just seems in my experience that having that sort of communication and teamwork is few and far between

53 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I have many friends and randoms that say it's entertaining watching me be the last counselor alive because I can Dodge and trap and last 7+ mins.. not always survive the night but last a long time juking Jason and that when I'm Jason they know it's going to be a rough match. 

So you have friends and randoms who communicate with you enough to applaud you for being the last alive ... but yet won't provide teamwork while in game? 

That doesn't make any sense. I'm not trying to bash you or anything but with those two statements it looks like you've read what I had to say and given me a "yeah, but ..." straw man argument to validate the assumption that it's easy for Jason.

If in quick play and nobody works together, yes it is easier for Jason and that is the fault of the counselors. Everyone who wants to be a one man/woman army are not going to fair well.

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Before you could go sideways to the door against the frame of it and place a trap literally right up against the door. Now there is a boundary that does not allow you to place a trap that close to a closed door and when Jason rages through he doesn't have to step in it.

Okay. Yep. I did notice that, thought I was just glitching. But you can still get them in close enough (it just has to be centered >.<). (Un)Fortunately Jason steps pretty far into the cabin. Personally I think his rage mode should just be one nice swing and the door goes down then you can walk around that crap. I mean come on... that axe cant break it but his face can...

The same can be said for Jason's traps, he has to space them weirdly as well. It's literally the same thing. It just takes a bit of practice to place counselor traps now as you can't do it from any old angle on the side anymore. You have to face yourself perfectly lined up or you can't place it. It's the same as Jason's traps ... they can't be overlapping, so why should a counselor's trap overlap a door? 

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

The same can be said for Jason's traps, he has to space them weirdly as well. It's literally the same thing. It just takes a bit of practice to place counselor traps now as you can't do it from any old angle on the side anymore. You have to face yourself perfectly lined up or you can't place it. It's the same as Jason's traps ... they can't be overlapping, so why should a counselor's trap overlap a door? 

Its different because Jason overlapping traps would kill a counselor. Also to your previous response. I did say that there is teamwork and they are a force to be reckoned with but I also said it's few and far between.. it's rare in quick play and my friends aren't always on.

9 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

9 hours ago, PsychBam said:

This does not just refer to the new update, this is a list of things that have been done to coddle players who refuse or choose not to take the time to gain skills in the game. You should not have the mindset that you will be a casual player and be able to be in a lobby with people who play regularly and do well. If you don't want to put in the time and effort and practice to develop skills and techniques then please don't beg for changes to be made. 
With this new update knives, med sprays and weapons have been reduced while Jason got a speed buff and his grab cone increased.
     Did it suck constantly picking people up and getting a pk to the neck? For sure. Did it suck when everyone just used med sprays that were littered around to step in your traps? Definitely. Here is the thing though, after they did all of that stuff and I hunted them down and still went 8/8 I felt accomplished and like I played well..Making the game easier for Jason is just coddling those who don't want to take the time and work hard to become better.
Let me list some things off: 

•  heal sprays
  •  knives
  • if Jason is in combat and uses block I can't stun him but if I block he can still grab me(If Jason can block all of my offensive maneuver in combat, I should be able to stop his)
  • Jason swings so quickly that if he is hacking you have no time to use the heal spray in your inventory
  • Jason is now faster
  • I can't hear him break down a door if I'm not in sight of said door but am in the house

Some of these issues were existing and I'm okay with it but it seems that with each update you are buffing Jason because people are complaining because they are playing someone who has logged a lot of hours in the game.. With time comes better tactics. 
What's next? Are you going to make it to where counselors can't run anymore? We are all just going to be walking targets for Jason?

Now that items are reduced you have made teamwork even more important. That is fantastic, except for half of the time people don't have mics, don't speak the same language or are selfish and hold the pocket knife for when they get picked up instead of for objectives...The amount of times that I have taught people level 60+ that you can even disarm a trap with a knife is insane.. I'm all for balance in a game. I don't want it to be easy as counselor at all. That's not what this post is about. I'm just saying that with each update it seems Jason is getting the buffs and now the scale is tipped wayyyy in Jason's favor. I mean on the new map you legit have to drive the boat up the middle where Jason can see it on his mini-map. He no longer has to constantly check and be aware of it.(at least on the new map)

People will disagree with me all day, I know. People also hate that "Get Skill" comment and when people use it the wrong way I get it, but the truth is that nobody should be able to pick this game up and go 8/8.. You do need to develop skill and practice. There aren't many/if any other games with mechanics like Jason's abilities have and unfortunately you do need to practice. You need to learn how to stop a good driver who can go off-road well. You need to learn how to stop someone who can swerve well in a boat. You need to learn how to use your morph/shift/stalk in a combination to kill each different type of character, style of play and skill level..Once you learn those things the game becomes exponentially more fun and you don't need all these patches to strengthen Jason.

This is the post right here that the devs need to look at! That was very well said my man. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said. The game is suppose to be a challenge not only as a counselor but as for Jason as well. People should feel the need to work to getting those 8/8 killls instead of thinking their entitled to wiping out all the counselors all the time. I know i feel very happy and satisfied when a group of counselors give it their all putting up a good fight but still end up losing. That's what players as Jason should strive for. Now the effort to kill counselors really isn't there like it was before.

All the devs had to do to appease both sides was this, buff Jason with increase speed and reach for the ones that wanted Jason buffed but let the weapons and health sprays stay the way they were for those counselors that dared to take on Jason. That way there would be a happy medium on both sides!

for all these people saying counselor play is too hard have no idea how hard this game was may/june 2017 jason is no where near as powerful as he was then so stop

We're not really complaining that much about counselor play as oppose to Jason play. We want it to be a challenge for both sides not just for the counselors. Before this patch i survived maybe half of the time. Now it's about the same. The problem is now with less weapons Jason players don't have to work as hard as they did before when there were more weapons and health sprays available. With the increased weapons Jason players were forced to learn how to strategize by using all of his abilities at his disposal to kill counselors that were ganging up on Jason. In order to bring back some balance all the devs have to do is bring back the weapons and health sprays to the counselors and keep Jason buffed the way he is now and both sides will come out satisfied. This is the happy medium that we all should be striving for!

1 minute ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

We're not really complaining that much about counselor play as oppose to Jason play. We want it to be a challenge for both sides not just for the counselors. Before this patch i survived maybe half of the time. Now it's about the same. The problem is now with less weapons Jason players now don't have to work as hard as they did before when there were more weapons and health sprays available. With the increased weapons Jason players were forced to learn how to strategize by using all of his abilities at his disposal to kill counselors that were ganging up on Jason. In order to bring back some balance all the devs have to do is bring back the weapons and health sprays to the counselors and keep Jason buffed the way he is now and both sides will come out satisfied. This is the happy medium that we all should be striving for!

it is challenging on both sides played last night and jason never got a perfect game in any of the games I played 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PsychBam said:

.Making the game  easier for Jason is just coddling those who don't want to take the time and work hard to become better.
:

•  heal sprays
  •  knives
  • Jason swings so quickly that if he is hacking you have no time to use the heal spray in your inventory (you should not be healing in MID chase)
  • Jason is now faster

• As a counselor I have lost a lot of weapons on the map  (So what?  You job is to run, hide or repair)
  •  heal sprays (To many of them and healing is too quick
  •  knives  (So?)
  • I can't trap doors anymore (yes you still can)
  • if Jason is in combat and uses block I can't stun him but if I block he can still grab me(If Jason can block all of my offensive maneuver in combat, I should be able to stop his)   (NO you should not be able to stop his grabs)
  • His grab is quicker than my swing so he negates my animation and picks me up (So?  Counselor should not be able to over power jason)
  • Counselor can't defend themselves in water (You should not be in the water unless escaping or taking a short cut, thats the risk)
  • he can stop all my animations by hitting me (yes if you hit Jason he gets stunned and if Jason hits you, you can still run)
  • Jason is now faster (He was to slow anyways)
  • I can't hear him break down a door if I'm not in sight of said door but am in the house ( I can still hear him)
  • His grab range is larger (Good, his grab range was waaaay to small for a man that size)
  • etc....I could keep listing advantages to Jason (Jason is the start and the killing machine he should have the advantage)

Seems to me theres no coddling of Jason going on.. It was the counselors getting coddled

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

We're not really complaining that much about counselor play as oppose to Jason play. We want it to be a challenge for both sides not just for the counselors. Before this patch i survived maybe half of the time. Now it's about the same. The problem is now with less weapons Jason players don't have to work as hard as they did before when there were more weapons and health sprays available. With the increased weapons Jason players were forced to learn how to strategize by using all of his abilities at his disposal to kill counselors that were ganging up on Jason. In order to bring back some balance all the devs have to do is bring back the weapons and health sprays to the counselors and keep Jason buffed the way he is now and both sides will come out satisfied. This is the happy medium that we all should be striving for!

If you want a REAL challenge in this game as Jason you find good players to play with.  Quick match is for randoms so skill level of players in quick match is random too.

If its tooo easy as Jason blame the counselor players in your lobby.  Theres still plenty of weapons for counselors to use.     Its the counselors that need to learn how to work together to escape IF the Jason player is good.,   It should not be the other way around.