DemonKoopa

Can Jason actually teleport?

In Jason takes Manhattan, Evas death scene was the oddest to me. She gets chased into the disco room on the ship and comes face to face with Jason, then he starts disappearing and reappearing inside that small room, right in front of her face. Was she hallucinating or was it something else?.....

post-1371-0-19382200-1473872109_thumb.jpg

Any hardcore F13 fan will say that Jason can teleport. It's just the best explanation as to how Jason moves around so quickly. I think Part 8 abused the feature too much, though.

You think Evas is the most confusing? What about Charles' death? He runs away from Jason for pretty much an entire city block, runs into a building... and then Jason throws him out of the building's second story window! I think that's the most obvious sign he teleports.

• Like 1

It's tricky because the films almost make it seem like when the victims are running scared and trip they look around in fear and the camera gets motion blur and makes you think well maybe time lapse? Maybe they ran in a circle back to him? Idk but yeah teleport I always knew but I never thought he had power to do so!

You think Evas is the most confusing? What about Charles' death? He runs away from Jason for pretty much an entire city block, runs into a building... and then Jason throws him out of the building's second story window! I think that's the most obvious sign he teleports.

Yeah that one too

I think i should put my view on the subject,except the 8th movie being the only exception since so many weird things happen in it wich question us on what's really going on.

I think that Jason does not teleport and i've watched all of the movies so i know what i see.

I think the reason why peoples think Jason can teleport is solely because of Part 8,in all the other movies it didnt look to me that Jason was teleporting,peoples only started exagerating that concept and extended it to all the other movies in the franchise.

Understand this,most of the time when someone ran from Jason it was at night in the forest,you can be disoriented and exhausted,Jason on the other hand has been living in the woods surrounding Crystal Lake for years,hunting both animals and peoples and living as an hermit,so he definitely know his way around.

Even after he became a zombie he probably still know the woods by the back of his hands,and since he is an undead he never get exhausted unlike it's preys.
  • Like 2

Personally, my best guess is that Jason became more supernatural as time went on. Maybe he's like Freddy: the more souls he has absorbed from killing people, the more powerful he is. Could explain the demon worm later on or something like that.

if he not doing this, he sure moves around fast lol. Also he good at guessing where you are and heading xD

Jason Voorhee's is a time lord. This is the explanation I'm choosing to go with (It would also explain why he looks different every time we see him)

I'm always going to stick with the idea that he doesn't teleport.

He's just insanely stealthy.

• Like 1

Disregarding the blatant teleporting in Part 8, you can explain all other instances of supposed teleporting by having Jason simply move quickly when not on camera, combined with him knowing the woods better than anyone else. As soon as the camera cuts away, Jason starts sprinting, then starts walking when the camera is on him again.

• Like 1

I believe he might teleport but in the part 8 dance floor scene they kind of covered it up with making it look like she got dizzy from all the lights flashing and spinning around!

I'm sure the simplest explanation in Part 8, not story wise, is that the filmmakers wanted to misdirect the audience as to where Jason could be. That's why they played with the idea of him appearing, reappearing. Especially in that dance floor sequence. It creates a claustrophobic atmosphere that Jason could be anywhere, and the characters are never safe. He can then pop up for the jump scare!

Same goes for Mr.McCulloch running away from him and then being launched out the building window; To misdirect. I did think it was quite amazing though that Jason is able to beat him to the building before he even enters it, haha! It's like Jason knew where McCulloch was going to be beforehand.

Maybe theorizing from a story aspect, Jason can teleport. He's already at the height of his supernatural abilities in Part 8, why not?  :)

Jason teleports in 8 yes.

Teleports 3 times soecifically I know of.

It can be suggested that he teleports in 7 also, killing the guy on the beach, then appearing in the water to kill that girl seconds later.

He definetely teleports in the beginning of Jason X when he is suddenly behind the female Protagonist. That Scene happens just before they freeze.

This Thread may be too old to actually Reply to but the Information is still important.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:34 AM, The80s said:

In Part 8, yes. In all the other films, no.

This is the correct answer.

• Like 1

People seem to forget that disco girl in part 8 did a line of coke.  That whole scene was meant to play on that.  She was straight out trippin.  Jason probably never actually left his original spot.  As far as any other scene where he just shows up...well, the answer is easy.  It's a damn movie.  They have to create suspense, tension, and jump scares somehow.  No need to over analyze it.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

Coke doesnt make you trip out.

Gonna take your word for that.  Don't know, never tried it.  Point being, they made it seem that way for the movie.  It is basically the "if you drink, do drugs, or have sex" in a horror movie you are gonna die scenario.