escape too hard?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. do you think its too hard to escape

• Yes
    • No

I Like the lone wolf tactic, and pre Patch from 10 Games i escaped 8.. today i played 10 and died 5 Times....

Now you have to stay focused all the time...i like IT.

1 hour ago, Rabid Anteater said:

I Like the lone wolf tactic, and pre Patch from 10 Games i escaped 8.. today i played 10 and died 5 Times....

Now you have to stay focused all the time...i like IT.

Same.  The game has suspense again.  

No, as far as real life goes, I think if anyone who weighes 300+lbs grabs you the chances are slim you can break free therefore you should do what you can to avoid it. In the gaming world the same rules should apply.

WOW! 143 VOTES AS OF NOW, and a resounding no at 85.31%. So far it looks like the vast majority like the tension and harder survival chances, though still say it's not too hard. I'm saying this new patch has made this game fun again, and I'm glad that there are 122 players out there who agree. Badass everyone, just badass!

15 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

It‘s perfectly balanced now for me: 10 Games - 3 escapes

I think I've survived about 50% so far. But it's been really intense in doing so. Having fear of Jason grabbing you without a pocket knife is back, and you actually get that little thrill when you find one.

It's harder to escape. But not too hard by any stretch. 4 counselors around a car with weapons will have no problem stunning Jason and repairing said car. Especially if they're smart enough to have a Deb, AJ, or LaChappa in the mix. It's nice to finally see the "fighter" meta killed off.

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

It‘s perfectly balanced now for me: 10 Games - 3 escapes

Same here. I do play a lot of QP though. No one tries to fix anything, so I usually die. :/

The poll result please me greatly. Glad to see most here are happy with the game being returned to its former glory.

The QP lobbies are absolute trash. Nobody fixes anything and you still have the fucking little shit Jason helpers. So if you’re talking strictly QP, yeah it’s pretty damn hard to survive.

47 minutes ago, Don’tTrustAnybody said:

The QP lobbies are absolute trash. Nobody fixes anything and you still have the fucking little shit Jason helpers. So if you’re talking strictly QP, yeah it’s pretty damn hard to survive.

Agreed!  Private lobbies are a lot easier because of communication and everyone is actually trying to get objectives completed. The QP lobbies are filled with selfish people that don't know what their doing. It's very hard to survive QP right now. I really do like the changes that the update brought, but I do find myself getting frustrated at times. 

8 hours ago, Alkavian said:

LOL. I'm afraid that is VERY CORRECT after spending almost 10 hours testing Sense and only Sense. I have no reason to spread lies. Your "fact" is patently wrong. You seem to be caught up in the idea that what the Devs have stated in their ability descriptions and hype is how something works. It does not always work that way with this game. It is rather like the people who loved to say that a baseball bat is a 100% stun chance (it shows 4/4 stun). No it isn't (it never has been) and the Devs have confirmed that.

1. All Jasons share the same base detection capability.

2. Sense base detection range expands at a rate of 1.8m per minute; it starts with a detection range of 30m.

3. You will be detected regardless of Fear level IF you are in the base detection range. Only perks or a hiding spot (pre-rage) will save you.

4. Once you've been detected, you character is marked with a tracking effect. IF YOU LEAVE the base detection range, Jason will continue to see you. This continued detection range is based on your current level of Fear. It is the only part of the entire Sense ability that has anything to do with Fear. If Jason turns off Sense, and then re-activates it, while you are beyond the current base detection range. He won't see you regardless of your Fear level.

5. Base detection range for Sense gains of bump of either 150%, 187.5%, or 200% of the starting base detection range with the onset of Rage. This is based on the Jason being +Sense/-Sense/neural Sense.

6. Post-Rage, Sense avoidance perks are the only that thing can prevent non-detection in the base detection bubble.

Learn or be ignorant. I don't particularly care. A person can ask you, "how far can Jason detect me?". You'll say, "lots watch out Fear makes it worse". I'll say, "how far into the match? Then proceed to tell them the exact range of the ability, so they are not detected at all, and offer a visual pointer how to estimate their range from Jason." See the difference? You are spouting a generalized "concept" of how the Devs said something works in promo descriptions. I'm clarifying what they meant and telling you exactly what is happening with the ability. ;)

All wrong. And all fake.

Stop spreading lies. Your word means nothing. Needs video proof.

7 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I would have liked this but i used up my likes for the day so you will get a big LIKE here. :)

People just don't want to work for anything anymore, they just want someone to hand it over to them. What they don't grasp is there is a much bigger satisfaction when you work hard and EARN something.

Ikr? Jason players just want everything handed to them. They cry for more buffs. Even now Jason players are asking for more buffs.

1 minute ago, Sogreth said:

Ikr? Jason players just want everything handed to them. They cry for more buffs. Even now Jason players are asking for more buffs.

86% of polled forum visitors don't want you to go away mad, just go away...guess they're all Jason players :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Sogreth said:

No. Counselor players wanted the challenging survival horror game they had on release with no hands being held. Now they've got that back.

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

86% of polled forum visitors don't want you to go away mad, just go away...guess they're all Jason players :D

These forums are heavily Jason sided, so yeah.

And how about you go away. Kthx. Not wasting my time with you anymore, you aren't worth it, don't expect a reply.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

No. Counselor players wanted the challenging survival horror game they had on release with no hands being held. Now they've got that back.

On release? Rofl no. Bring me someone that actually LIKED that Jason had a 6 foot grab range, and was able to block flareguns, firecrackers and bear traps.

Jason was fine before the campsite changes. The extra knives and rifles were not needed. Who even asked for those? Now Jason got overbuffed.

8 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

On release? Rofl no. Bring me someone that actually LIKED that Jason had a 6 foot grab range, and was able to block flareguns, firecrackers and bear traps.

Jason was fine before the campsite changes. The extra knives and rifles were not needed. Who even asked for those? Now Jason got overbuffed.

If you're finding life as a counselor difficult now, release must've been hell for you. :lol:

Just look on the bright side...you were able to get to a decent level of ability while the game was item glitched. Don't write yourself off because the game is no longer item glitched. Just get back to it and after time you'll become better at the more stable version of the game.

Just now, Sogreth said:

These forums are heavily Jason sided, so yeah.

Its a freakin FRIDAY the 13th the GAME.

I love playing both Counselors and Jason equally but common doooood.  If Jason is easy to beat down and troll the game ends up being LAME.

I still think Counselors have to easy and would like a fee more nerfs.  I prefer we all suffer as counselors

37 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

All wrong. And all fake.

Ignorance is bliss and stupidity is incurable. Either way, you have your bases covered. Have a good day on the forums. 😁

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

All wrong. And all fake.

@Alkavian is pretty well known around here for testing different aspects of the game, and posting his findings. Just because you don't like the truth does not make it fake or wrong. You must be one of those people that always needs a "safe space" because the big, bad world is a scary place. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Great evening on the game tonight, and the balance is perfect ! I escaped 6/10 so it's not so hard to win if you have a good team with you. 

Even for the ones who use to love to bully Jason, it's still possible again if you have good players with you.

Hope they won't change a thing about the balance from now on. Specially not a easy mode, just need some pratice and experience and the game's perfect.

23 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

Great evening on the game tonight, and the balance is perfect ! I escaped 6/10 so it's not so hard to win if you have a good team with you. 

Even for the ones who use to love to bully Jason, it's still possible again if you have good players with you.

Hope they won't change a thing about the balance from now on. Specially not a easy mode, just need some pratice and experience and the game's perfect.

Yup. Same experience here.

Against a GOOD Jason, counselors will have to coordinate and split Jason on objectives. But it's always been that way. If the counselors don't manage to pull that off and Jason can focus on one objective at a time, he wins easily.

That's how it should be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yup. Same experience here.

Against a GOOD Jason, counselors will have to coordinate and split Jason on objectives. But it's always been that way. If the counselors don't manage to pull that off and Jason can focus on one objective at a time, he wins easily.

That's how it should be.

Wait. You're saying we should develop strategies and actually hone our skills to survive against a 7' 300lb homicidal maniac? That's crazy talk, crazy talk I tell ya! I want to dance in my Deborah bunny suit and clamjam the shit out of Jason for 19 minutes, and then quit as host and steal everyone's exp. You're killing my buzz dude!

• Haha 1

Wait let me get this straight. Last time I was on these forum's almost everyone (including myself) wanted Jason to be harder to escape. Now people saying the game is too hard again?

6 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Wait. You're saying we should develop strategies and actually hone our skills to survive against a 7' 300lb homicidal maniac? That's crazy talk, crazy talk I tell ya! I want to dance in my Deborah bunny suit and clamjam the shit out of Jason for 19 minutes, and then quit as host and steal everyone's exp. You're killing my buzz dude!

I know, I know...inconsiderate dick Aldermach again....

• Haha 2