escape too hard?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. do you think its too hard to escape

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I think the main issue is too much power being put into one side either on the Jason side or the counselor side. .  For game purposes, thats just not smart.   Games need to be fun and enjoyable for all parties.  

What exactly is the true difference between the patches?  The result is the SAME.  Jason's were rage quitting, now we got counselors rage quitting.  What improvement is made? None. 

You want make a human/Fake Jason a wrecking machine who can basically outrun counselors and snatch and kill them quick with one hand and stop cars easily?  Ok..  Keep the Arsenal of weapons.  You want Counselors to bully Jason and Disco Dance TeaBag his face?   Make Jason bad ass like Part V.  But don't rid the counselors of the weapons.  

Even though its based on a movie its STILL a game. 

Now I’m convinced Patriots1 has two accounts.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I think the main issue is too much power being put into one side either on the Jason side or the counselor side. .  For game purposes, thats just not smart.   Games need to be fun and enjoyable for all parties.  

What exactly is the true difference between the patches?  The result is the SAME.  Jason's were rage quitting, now we got counselors rage quitting.  What improvement is made? None. 

You want make a human/Fake Jason a wrecking machine who can basically outrun counselors and snatch and kill them quick with one hand and stop cars easily?  Ok..  Keep the Arsenal of weapons.  You want Counselors to bully Jason and Disco Dance TeaBag his face?   Make Jason bad ass like Part V.  But don't rid the counselors of the weapons.  

Even though its based on a movie its STILL a game. 

You conveniently forget that Jason desperately needed buffs even before the December item/weapons explosion. After it, he still needed buffs and the items/weapons needed reducing. 

• Like 1

Just like it did before the patch, it depends on who is playing as Jason. Though it is a bit harder now, which I'm cool with personally.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Fear doesn't affect base detection at all. It only affects the marking effect after base detection using Sense.

The higher your Fear, the further away Jason can Wallhack you.

Not holding a weapon raises your Fear slightly.

Ergo, Jason can see you easier.

Just now, Sogreth said:

The higher your Fear, the further away Jason can Wallhack you.

Not holding a weapon raises your Fear slightly.

Ergo, Jason can see you easier.

Incorrect. It has been tested quite thoroughly. If you you want the actual expansion values and post-rage bumps to Sense range check out the Sense articles posted in the playbook stuck at the top of the general discussion forum. I also explain how Fear ties in to Sense marking once you are detected.

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Incorrect. It has been tested quite thoroughly. If you you want the actual expansion values and post-rage bumps to Sense range check out the Sense articles posted in the playbook stuck at the top of the general discussion forum. I also explain how Fear ties in to Sense marking once you are detected.

Damn kids and their fake news...

• Haha 1

I've played the game since launch.  I completely agreed with them fixing Jason's vaccuum cleaner grab, but I also thought the new grab's radius needed widening.  They've got it about right now, even if the length is a little OTT again.  I also agree with them cutting back on the number of shotguns, pocket knives and health sprays to around where the game was at launch.  I feel like increasing Jason's speed (At least increasing the speed for running Jasons) was OTT but it's not the end of the world.  To sum up, the recent update, while not perfect in my eyes, has created the best version of the game since launch.  

I was level 101 for ages before the 150 level increase came in.  I like to think I'm an above average player, having played thousands of games. I generally kill everyone as Jason, though I was starting to struggle in January pre-update when gangs of Chads and Bugsys would swarm me with all those baseball bats while Vanessas tanked all my traps.  And I'm sure I escape more than the average person as I've played the game so long, know the locations of items like the propeller, and I'm good at juking Jason through windows and hitting him through doors and windows.  

Since the recent update, I've escaped by boat and to the cops a few times, including Pinehurst.  I tend not to even bother trying to drive the car because there's a slingshot bug that ALWAYS gets me killed if Jason stops the car. It won't let me sprint away.  So I'm surprised the devs think increasing Jason's speed is a bigger priority than this game breaking bug.  

Despite being generally fine with the update changes, I find myself getting very frustrated with the game while playing as a counseler.  But here's the thing. It's not due to not having a bat or a knife or firecrackers and dying per se.  The reason I'm getting frustrated is almost every time I get killed, it's due to the trolling/stupidity of random players in public lobbies. A friend and I were on Jarvis map. He had the gas. I had the propeller.  We'd stated our intentions of taking the boat on the walkie.  But we couldn't get to the boat to repair it and escape because idiots kept drawing Jason to the boat, and I swear it must have been intentional.  It wasa couple of Shellys, and I find the most annoying trolls choose Shelly (after all, why would a serious player choose Shelly given there are so many better characters?).  

This happens all the time.  I generally play with 1 or 2 friends in public lobbies.  You could argue that I should try to get a private lobby with good players so everyone communicates and plays properly, but I find I can't tolerate all the noise that comes from 6 other counselers.  It's very difficult to get yourself heard or hear yourself think.  

tl;dr The problems you're facing are most likely due to lack of skill/knowledge, lack of teamwork, and/or idiots and trolls causing you to be killed.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Adaptation is to become used to new conditions.

Clearly this wasn't the case if everyone was bitching and moaning about how the game was "unplayable" for 4 months. It was almost exactly the opposite. People posting new threads everyday about how they would stop playing if Jason didn't "become great again." Adaptation at it's finest, clearly. A bunch of whiny internet heroes with a firm opinion. 

So, you quoted me there. You wanna go back through my posts to see if I said anything about leaving because the game was unplayable? Go ahead bud, dig all you want! I kept playing, and still do. You wanna quote me and post some shit saying I'm an internet hero with a firm opinion let's see you back it up!

When they nerfed Jason I adapted. I wasn't happy about it and I played the game a bit less. I never threated to leave. I play counselor. I will adapt. In fact it feels like going home. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alkavian said:

That's wrong. Fear has a direct affect on Sense.

If you want to spread lies, do so elsewhere.

You can even see it during bots. There are many times where two Counselors are down the road, one is further away from you, and you can sense the furthest one, but not the closer one.

Was running up to a house. Counselor was outside of the house, running away from me, to the house. House was red, Counselor outside was not.

So right before the patch since I read the patch notes I changed my perks to Thick Skin, Medic, and Hypochondriac to account for the reduction of first aid sprays.  However, since playing after the patch, it doesn't look like hypochondriac is needed.  I've had no problems finding med sprays and ending up with 2 and sometimes 3 including the one I start with.  I've tried to give extras to other counselors, but they haven't needed them either.  As for the difficulty of escape, I've been both Deborah and Tiffany.  When I've had a buddy with me, I've escaped more often than not.  Didn't matter if I was Deborah or Tiffany.  When I've been isolated, I've died more often than not.  Lack of pocket knives hasn't made a huge difference. This is exactly as it should be.

41 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

LOL. I'm afraid that is VERY CORRECT after spending almost 10 hours testing Sense and only Sense. I have no reason to spread lies. Your "fact" is patently wrong. You seem to be caught up in the idea that what the Devs have stated in their ability descriptions and hype is how something works. It does not always work that way with this game. It is rather like the people who loved to say that a baseball bat is a 100% stun chance (it shows 4/4 stun). No it isn't (it never has been) and the Devs have confirmed that.

1. All Jasons share the same base detection capability.

2. Sense base detection range expands at a rate of 1.8m per minute; it starts with a detection range of 30m.

3. You will be detected regardless of Fear level IF you are in the base detection range. Only perks or a hiding spot (pre-rage) will save you.

4. Once you've been detected, you character is marked with a tracking effect. IF YOU LEAVE the base detection range, Jason will continue to see you. This continued detection range is based on your current level of Fear. It is the only part of the entire Sense ability that has anything to do with Fear. If Jason turns off Sense, and then re-activates it, while you are beyond the current base detection range. He won't see you regardless of your Fear level.

5. Base detection range for Sense gains of bump of either 150%, 187.5%, or 200% of the starting base detection range with the onset of Rage. This is based on the Jason being +Sense/-Sense/neural Sense.

6. Post-Rage, Sense avoidance perks are the only that thing can prevent non-detection in the base detection bubble.

Learn or be ignorant. I don't particularly care. A person can ask you, "how far can Jason detect me?". You'll say, "lots watch out Fear makes it worse". I'll say, "how far into the match? Then proceed to tell them the exact range of the ability, so they are not detected at all, and offer a visual pointer how to estimate their range from Jason." See the difference? You are spouting a generalized "concept" of how the Devs said something works in promo descriptions. I'm clarifying what they meant and telling you exactly what is happening with the ability. ;)

I've recently had two games where two different Jason players were killed by a group of Counselors.

I also survived 20 minutes on my own as Fox against Part 6 Jason, and I didn't have my one pocket knife used up once.

Suffice to say, Jason isn't really that stronger in this patch.

I find the grab to be fine.

I think people have become so comfortable for the months of being able to constantly beat up on Jason, especially with the nerfed grab range that they felt invincible and god like, especially with Jasons shitty melee detection. Now without the constant insurance of 3 pocket knives/6 med sprays to go along with the nerfed grab range. Its a huge adjustment, almost back to beta, but not quite for me.

I think what your going to see from the trolls who raqeuit when Jason kills them is instead of the offensive dancing, beating up on Jason and then raging if by some miracle, Jason killed them before they could kill him is...a reliance on defense trolling. Your going to start seeing games filled with do nothings and people who play a defensive troll game...for the full 20 minutes and if they think Jason will kill them...they'll just suicide or ragequit. The sense of self entitlement will sweep across  quick games where players who can't solo dolo Jason anymore or beat on him or kill him as easy will just suicide or ragequit...plain and simple.

So the style of these games will change...but that's it.

7 minutes ago, RichWalk9891 said:

I've recently had two games where two different Jason players were killed by a group of Counselors.

I also survived 20 minutes on my own as Fox against Part 6 Jason, and I didn't have my one pocket knife used up once.

If that happened in a public match it's because of inexperienced Jason's

3 minutes ago, RichWalk9891 said:

He's really not, his grab was simply fixed to a fraction of what it was at launch, and he got a minor speed boost and 2 knifes which in no way are guaranteed hits if your aim sucks. He still has no reliable way to defeat a group of coordinated counselors.

The counselor homers are just upset that they lost their ungodly amount of med sprays and pocket knifes so they can't dance in front of Jason and then slightly jog away with no worries.

18 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I can only imagine the rage from all the "Tiffany is the best" kids on discord.

Seriously, I can only imagine because I got into an argument with one of the silly mods over there. So I'm banned. I'm glad that's the case today though...there's too many idiots actually upset about a good patch.

Seems half the community understands balance, and the other half want the game to hold their hand and let them beat on Jason...

lol no kidding

I played a total of 8 games yesterday and out of the 8 i was Jason 2 times. As a counselor i survived 4 out of 6 matches, so yes while their is a smaller amount of spawned items it is still possible to survive. Yes it is harder which i like, it is great to have tension back and not seeing dance parties and teabaggers is the the icing on the cake thanks to the patch.

People who really don't seem to see that there is away to survive by working together but can't seem to grasp it

27072709_1567676173346379_64115085659890

2 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

it is great to have tension back and not seeing dance parties

Dance parties still happen..  Just when Jason isn't around...lol

I walked into a Dance Party House last night.. Radio Blasting and people dancing so i just had to join them.  Then Jason showed up and everyone scattered 

Stuff like that ^  Is pretty funny for both sides

45 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

IF You can even see it during bots. There are many times where two Counselors are down the road, one is further away from you, and you can sense the furthest one, but not the closer one.

Was running up to a house. Counselor was outside of the house, running away from me, to the house. House was red, Counselor outside was not.

If you use Sense you get RNG for detection the moment it is activated. As long as you don't turn it off, the RNG remains, and you can Shift or Morph to new locations; identifying new targets. Your previous targets will remain marked depending on how far you are away and their Fear level. Sounds like a situation where one counselor was in range, you moved, and now another counselor is visible but not in not in base detection. The previous counselor is highlighted because they are marked and outside your detection range.

18 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Well I Think i should be able to voice my opinion just as others do.

I Think this game needs some balance adjustments to the map Difficulties etc.

Example An Easier mode on a Map would Have More Weapons and Pocket Knives.

A Harder Game Mode would have less weapons and pocket knives.

This game has one difficulty which is "Friday the 13th difficulty" This game is meant to be a challenge. The end result is you have to use everything you have at your disposal to survive, coordinated teamwork is your best friend. Even if you are a lone wolf you can survive, it just comes down to the decisions you make. If the game is too hard for you i would suggest playing lots of private matches with friends to hone your skills and strategies or go find a game with the difficulty to your liking.

18 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Its Not stupid to Adjust the difficulty to the players preference.

Example a More Difficult Mode wouldnt have alot of Guns or Pocket Knives.

An Easier Mode would have more Guns,Baseball bats,Pocket knives.

Dont you see what im saying.

it should be up to the player of the game.

Basically what you are saying is you want the game back to where it was before this patch which means you want an easy escape, dance parties and to tea bag Jason because that would make it more enjoyable? The game has always been meant to be hard, the only reason people are complaining now is because their crazy ralph's emporium of knives, med sprays and shotguns have been put back to where they should be. As i said in another response to you, if you find the sole mode the game is supposed to have is too hard for you, then either work on strategies in private matches or find another game that is more to your skill level.

the issue isn't difficulty. The issue is players use lack of strategy.

For example: yesterday I was playing Jason and trying to break through a door and there were three people in there just standing by the door trying to hit me through it. They must have gotten me 4 times. I turned on my mic and said "You guys need to RUN, hide or escape". You are all going to die as soon as you get gassed out. Of course they didn't listen. They wanted to play bully characters and when I got in I got hit twice more but by then they are tripping all over the place doing circles around the couch and bumping into each other. I got one kill and the others lost their stamina and the mass murdering and quiting the matches began.

rarely, I have to look for counselers. No one creeps and hides. They all run around outside like they are trying to avoid a fox in the forest.

So yeah, it's difficult to escape a giant murderer with a sharp weapon ................ when you are not trying to hide or escape.

1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

Dude. DUDE. Thou know'st not where thou dost tread . . . 

I believe after your sound thrashing, an apology may be in order . . . ?