I don't know if I'm the only one but I actually like the new killer Roy and he's quickly becoming my favorite killers to use. The problems that I've been hearing other people talk about, I can understand but they still make sense in my opinion. One complaint that I keep hearing is that you kill Roy the same way you would kill Jason, which to me isn't that big of a deal because Roy believes himself to be Jason so anything that works on Jason should work on him. My only problem with him is that while you are playing as him you can hear Pamela's voice, in my opinion this is the only thing that doesn't sit right with me. It would make a whole lot more sense to hear Roy's inner monologue as he's going around killing people, like have him say similar lines as Pamela, stuff like "I'll make them pay...make them suffer." "I will not die!" "I'll make them pay my son." (referring to Joey) or "Kill them.....Kill them all!". This would just make more sense to me especially since you don't hear Pamela's voice at the end of the match when he's walking away. Tell me what you guys think.

It's a game. People overanalyze that aspect too much. Why are we hearing Pamela's voice in our head at all? Why is Jason from Jason Goes to Hell able to be used without transforming his worm into people? Why does a black female counselor wearing Pamela's sweater able to trick Jason when Jason knows his mother is white? Why does Tommy Jarvis come to the camp without his truck or some other vehicle? Did he jog all the way there?

It's just a way to let people play as Roy from Part 5. We don't go into overanalyzing mode about why he shares things the other Jasons do like Pamela's voice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

It's a game. People overanalyze that aspect too much. Why are we hearing Pamela's voice in our head at all? Why is Jason from Jason Goes to Hell able to be used without transforming his worm into people? Why does a black female counselor wearing Pamela's sweater able to trick Jason when Jason knows his mother is white? Why does Tommy Jarvis come to the camp without his truck or some other vehicle? Did he jog all the way there?

It's just a way to let people play as Roy from Part 5. We don't go into overanalyzing mode about why he shares things the other Jasons do like Pamela's voice.

I know it's a game and hearing Pamela doesn't bother me that much, it just seems to not fit right. It's just an immersion thing I suppose. 

My only issue is the blue coveralls - I just wish they were a little darker.

Other then that, I really like him.

8 minutes ago, Grim said:

I know it's a game and hearing Pamela doesn't bother me that much, it just seems to not fit right. It's just an immersion thing I suppose. 

I gave my theory on this here. It is just an idea I had a long time ago watching the movie.

The Pamela thing does not bother me because this patch may have taken longer to come out. Hopefully they can add something later (like they did with the individual male voices) for those of you who prefer for Roy to stand out more.  What does bother me however, is the swing animation they chose for his hedgecutters.  OMG it is terrible.  He should separate them and do an alternating swing action and have the weapon strength stat.  If not that, then still separate them and swing one blade like the machete.  But to have him swing the entire shears like a machete- hitting counselors with the dull end, was implemented lazily like another thread pointed out.