Sign in to follow this  
Patriots1

2 Diffrent Difficulty Modes To Make Everyone Happy.

I have 2 thoughts about this.

1. Online mode doesn't need a difficulty setting.People that play the game have different skill levels.If you play as a counselor,you team up with a good partner to help you survive.Help them accomplish things,don't make one person do everything.

2. The different difficulties are in the offline mode,and they already have 3.I play on Easy,due to the fact i can't play video games as well as a normal person due to my learning disability.I only play the game offline,due to my disability,that way i can play the game the way i want to,and not have to worry about playing against alot of opponents who don't have a limiting disability like i do.So far we have an offline Jason mode,i'm hoping one day we can add an offline counselor mode to that.That's the one gameplay thing i'd like to see that is missing.

1 hour ago, JF13 said:

I have 2 thoughts about this.

1. Online mode doesn't need a difficulty setting.People that play the game have different skill levels.If you play as a counselor,you team up with a good partner to help you survive.Help them accomplish things,don't make one person do everything.

2. The different difficulties are in the offline mode,and they already have 3.I play on Easy,due to the fact i can't play video games as well as a normal person due to my learning disability.I only play the game offline,due to my disability,that way i can play the game the way i want to,and not have to worry about playing against alot of opponents who don't have a limiting disability like i do.So far we have an offline Jason mode,i'm hoping one day we can add an offline counselor mode to that.That's the one gameplay thing i'd like to see that is missing.

Sadly the devs said it's too much work to do a offline mode where you try and survive against Jason alone :/ 

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Sadly the devs said it's too much work to do a offline mode where you try and survive against Jason alone :/ 

That's a shame.In that case i really hope they re-release the game physically later with the offline Jason mode on the disc,since i never play the online mode.I'd like to keep playing the game offline long after it gets discontinued.I've had to replace too many systems that went bad over the years,and am tired of losing all that DLC add-on stuff whenever i have to replace a system.

1 minute ago, JF13 said:

That's a shame.In that case i really hope they re-release the game physically later with the offline Jason mode on the disc,since i never play the online mode.I'd like to keep playing the game offline long after it gets discontinued.I've had to replace too many systems that went bad over the years,and am tired of losing all that DLC add-on stuff whenever i have to replace a system.

Disc copy is out, I own a copy. If you download the updates you can play offline bots as Jason. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Disc copy is out, I own a copy. If you download the updates you can play offline bots as Jason. 

i've got the game digitally,but i don't want the offline mode as DLC.I already said why i wanted it on the physical disc.

Just now, JF13 said:

i've got the game digitally,but i don't want the offline mode as DLC.I already said why i wanted it on the physical disc.

Again the disc copy is out, I own the disc and the disc doesn't come with the patch for the offline mode, in order to play offline you gotta download their patch to play the offline modes. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again the disc copy is out, I own the disc and the disc doesn't come with the patch for the offline mode, in order to play offline you gotta download their patch to play the offline modes. 

nevermind,you're not listening at all,you're just making it worse.

Just now, JF13 said:

nevermind,you're not listening at all,you're just making it worse.

I know you want a copy that has the offline mode for Jason but that ain't going to happen. The devs already made their disc copy. 

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I know you want a copy that has the offline mode for Jason but that ain't going to happen. The devs already made their disc copy. 

FINE.LEAVE ME ALONE.

9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The game is fun, if you die you die, it was a fun game and you move onto the next.

I agree. The time people spend complaining about something not perfect in the game, they could just as well cope with it, collect their EXP, and move on to the next match.

9 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

This game is meant to be fun. its not meant to be work.

Every game is work in the beginning. After you've learned the ropes, it's not so much work.

9 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

If you want to make it through a match as a counselor, you have to work with the other players, and get better at filling your role.

If more people worked together, there would be a lot less to complain about.

9 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

I Think it should be balanced for both groups by adding diffrent difficulties to maps.

Adding difficulty options to a map won't necessarily create balance. It will give you choices. What if you play on an "easier" map 10 times in a row, and get schooled by a really good Jason each time? What if you play on a "harder" map with a poor Jason?

9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again it's still the same, the goal is teamwork. You have to work together to escape that's the point of this game. 

Initially, I believe that was the intention. Somewhere down the road, things changed. Hopefully, this patch will push things back to teamwork.

9 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

People have been cheating to get unlimited items, there was not really much wrong with jasons grab and it otherwise has never really made sense to me to blame there being too many items generated per map when the items were a finite number to begin with. 

Jason also lacks an effective long-range ability/item/weapon to deal with individuals in groups of councilors which would have made more sense than playing with his grab (not the throwing knife), maybe something like a speargun.

Finite items could still have been in excess. I'd seen a number of situations where 6 pocketknives were in a match, and that was without cheating.

9 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

So, it should be easy for jason and difficult for the councilors, but never the other circumstance where it is easy for the councilors and hard for jason?

A lot of players would argue that this patch would cut down on the bullying of Jason you've mentioned in previous posts.

8 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Why dont you guys go hang out with some boring Mathmatician,Computer,Science nerds who are angry at the straight world.

That "boring" math and computer science is responsible for the game you are playing and being passionate about. Never forget that.

8 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

What does age have to do with this game?

Nothing. My youngest at 13 plays the game, and she's mopping the floor with me at times. Growing up, I taught my girls to strive to be better. As gamers, they evolved well beyond my expectations. So no easy mode for any of them.

8 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

So, you are indeed saying that it should always be easy for jason and hard for the councilors, you quote in justification  that it is a "horror survival" game. You say that "councilors are meant to be scared" ... You also say that the game got lost in dance parties, costumes and too many weapons.

Words like "easy" and "hard" are based on one's perspective. Having different modes won't fix that. An easy mode will still be too hard for some future player. A hard mode will still be too easy for other players. It is impossible to please every single player of the game. Rather than adapting the game's conditions, players could adapt how they play when they are given a less than favorable situation. Once Pinehurst has been explored and Part V Jason has been dissected by the most experienced players, new knowledge and strategies will come along.

8 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Well younger age groups will be better served in General with an Easier Map play option.

That's a very biased statement. Not all younger players are bad. Not all older players are good. There are exceptions.

7 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

Obviously, the middle ground would be to allow the people who want the game to be a certain way to play it that way they want and for people to mind their own business otherwise, because insisting the game be a certain way for everyone would not be the best solution.

I disagree. By your logic, players who want to troll should be allowed to troll.

7 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

Right, you seek an experience.  The issue is that not everyone is playing this game for an experience and the fact that it is a game is important to them, not so much the experience.

Everyone here seeks an "experience". Some play to be immersed in elements of the movies, enjoy the mechanics of a survival horror asymmetrical multiplayer game, to have a few laughs, or make friends. No one is right or wrong in their enjoyment of the game, as long as it is within the rules.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I can understand where they are coming from. Maybe one day, that could change...

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Nothing. My youngest at 13 plays the game, and she's mopping the floor with me at times. Growing up, I taught my girls to strive to be better. As gamers, they evolved well beyond my expectations. So no easy mode for any of them.

I didn't want a huge list lol but I'll go through what you said, this this one I have posted, yes kids play this game but what does age have to do with how hard the game is, kids can adapt to games that are hard, I remember playing kingdom hearts, one of the hardest games for me as a kid to play because I didn't figure out that changing my gear helped me get stronger, went through the whole game with the normal stuff till someone showed me, that helped me get better and soon I was fighting better (Never did beat that game lol) It's a hard game but you can over come it if you have help. Just not a handout. You can play this game and still have fun, I think of it as a movie, who always dies in the movies? Horny teenagers! If two lives because I fixed the car up and fought Jason to save them then I didn't die in vain 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I didn't want a huge list lol but I'll go through what you said, this this one I have posted, yes kids play this game but what does age have to do with how hard the game is, kids can adapt to games that are hard, I remember playing kingdom hearts, one of the hardest games for me as a kid to play because I didn't figure out that changing my gear helped me get stronger, went through the whole game with the normal stuff till someone showed me, that helped me get better and soon I was fighting better (Never did beat that game lol) It's a hard game but you can over come it if you have help. Just not a handout. You can play this game and still have fun, I think of it as a movie, who always dies in the movies? Horny teenagers! If two lives because I fixed the car up and fought Jason to save them then I didn't die in vain 

We agree that age is meaningless in this game. A lot of young people catch hell for playing this game mostly for their squeaky voices among other things. I've played against young people that made me break into a sweat with how good they are. As I said before, my youngest is really good at gaming. From the first day she picked up a controller, she's continued to get better with every game she's played. I taught her not to be into hand-holding, and to be tough and strong, letting her skill shine through. She's currently teaching her younger cousins in Private Match the basics of this game. Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I never finished it either. B)

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

We agree that age is meaningless in this game. A lot of young people catch hell for playing this game mostly for their squeaky voices among other things. I've played against young people that made me break into a sweat with how good they are. As I said before, my youngest is really good at gaming. From the first day she picked up a controller, she's continued to get better with every game she's played. I taught her not to be into hand-holding, and to be tough and strong, letting her skill shine through. She's currently teaching her younger cousins in Private Match the basics of this game. Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I never finished it either. B)

If the game is 18 and you have kids, you have some issues but that doesn't mean they can't play it if they are watched, I remember playing games that weren't meant for me however it's all online now so what they learn online effect them because they are talking to real people. I don't mind kids as long as they know how to play and aren't rude. That's where I stand on that lol

I plan on finishing it! I have it on PS4! Lol 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

If the game is 18 and you have kids, you have some issues but that doesn't mean they can't play it if they are watched, I remember playing games that weren't meant for me however it's all online now so what they learn online effect them because they are talking to real people. I don't mind kids as long as they know how to play and aren't rude. That's where I stand on that lol

I plan on finishing it! I have it on PS4! Lol 

My family is very well-mannered online. My wife and I have had the talk with them as they all reached the appropriate age. Unlike most younger people who are swearing and such, I don't have to worry about mine. I record their matches, and review them, and so far haven't had any concerns yet. Any guys acting inappropriately to them? My girls know how to respond in good taste. I've heard a few compliments on their attitudes and behavior. The most common one is "you're that young and you don't act like it". They know about the world, and how to interact with it. I'll get around to Kingdom Hearts after 5 or 6 other games on my to-do list.

Just now, Fair Play said:

My family is very well-mannered online. My wife and I have had the talk with them as they all reached the appropriate age. Unlike most younger people who are swearing and such, I don't have to worry about mine. I record their matches, and review them, and so far haven't had any concerns yet. Any guys acting inappropriately to them? My girls know how to respond in good taste. I've heard a few compliments on their attitudes and behavior. The most common one is "you're that young and you don't act like it". They know about the world, and how to interact with it. I'll get around to Kingdom Hearts after 5 or 6 other games on my to-do list.

Like I said, there are good kids and then there are.... the ones that only Jason can kill because if I kill them I'm going to jail xD My brother used to play online a lot, he's 17 now but he was young playing, never used a mic (Still won't use a mic unless it's just me and him in a party chat in other games) He learned a lot from me when playing games, he is now the master of gaming lol I use to kick his butt now he's kicking mine, he has become the master. I still think some kids shouldn't be on here but then you have ones that don't annoy you and are really good kids. It's all about how they are raised. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Like I said, there are good kids and then there are.... the ones that only Jason can kill because if I kill them I'm going to jail xD My brother used to play online a lot, he's 17 now but he was young playing, never used a mic (Still won't use a mic unless it's just me and him in a party chat in other games) He learned a lot from me when playing games, he is now the master of gaming lol I use to kick his butt now he's kicking mine, he has become the master. I still think some kids shouldn't be on here but then you have ones that don't annoy you and are really good kids. It's all about how they are raised. 

It's a great feeling to see your mentoring yield great results. Let's open a gaming academy... :D

Just now, Fair Play said:

It's a great feeling to see your mentoring yield great results. Let's open a gaming academy... :D

Well it didn't help my skills when I stopped playing games for some time lol So he got better then me and I got rusty. Slowly getting back into things xD This once master has had enough teaching, I like playing then teaching xD Wait... does it come with health benefits? 

Im seriously hoping that the Illfonic guys will consider creating diffrent levels of difficulty settings for each map to serve everyones wants.

4 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

Im seriously hoping that the Illfonic guys will consider creating diffrent levels of difficulty settings for each map to serve everyones wants.

And the rest of us are seriously hoping that your terrible suggestion finally sinks without a trace.

Let's see which one  happens first! :chadjunk: