Sign in to follow this  
Patriots1

2 Diffrent Difficulty Modes To Make Everyone Happy.

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh good, I thought Ben was talking to me. Of course I'm self centred so that makes sense. I agree arguing about modes, let's give it a rest.

He was probably talking to more than one of us. Maybe even to me, I have been posting alot lately. He did not say.

Anyhow, the only thing I can conclude is that there are people who are intent on limiting the game to just jason mauling the councilors to death with no other game options or difficulty adjustment for anyone and there are others who would like to see this game implemented with a difficulty setting adjustment.

Obviously, the middle ground would be to allow the people who want the game to be a certain way to play it that way they want and for people to mind their own business otherwise, because insisting the game be a certain way for everyone would not be the best solution.

13 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

He was probably talking to more than one of us. Maybe even to me, I have been posting alot lately. He did not say.

Anyhow, the only thing I can conclude is that there are people who are intent on limiting the game to just jason mauling the councilors to death with no other game options or difficulty adjustment for anyone and there are others who would like to see this game implemented with a difficulty setting adjustment.

Obviously, the middle ground would be to allow the people who want the game to be a certain way to play it that way they want and for people to mind their own business otherwise, because insisting the game be a certain way for everyone would not be the best solution.

Should Dark Souls have a easy mode?

That "Hard Mode" is the original intent of the game designers and it is what led me to this game. Not because it is "Hard", but because that's what being a counselor in a Friday The 13th movie should be like.

Game designers/developers create something that should have a character of its own. And that shouldn't be compromised for the sake of tryig to appeal to people who don't like it. Based on the sales of the game, at launch, I think people are up for a true horror game that makes survival against jason Voorhees extremely difficult. And I think it should probably still be more difficult.

Hop on, enjoy the chaos. Scream, laugh, and try to survive. No big deal if you die... you can keep trying again and again.

3 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

That "Hard Mode" is the original intent of the game designers and it is what led me to this game. Not because it is "Hard", but because that's what being a counselor in a Friday The 13th movie should be like.

Hop on, enjoy the chaos. Scream, laugh, and try to survive. No big deal if you die... you can keep trying again and again.

Right, you seek an experience.  The issue is that not everyone is playing this game for an experience and the fact that it is a game is important to them, not so much the experience.

1 minute ago, lightningbolt said:

That is somewhat the same as asking if a red herring is the same as a game or not.

Dark souls doesn't reward hand holding, it rewards players for pushing through to the end. It's a hard game that you need to master. So if Friday the 13th is too hard then you should play Dark Souls come back and rethink what hard is. You play a game yes it's meant to be fun but there is also following the movies, this game does that well, only one ever made it out alive, there were sometimes two or more but that's because they worked together, Jason is a creature you should be afraid but saying you need an easy mode no, does Jason need some work, sure but he's not at the point to where he can ghost around killing everyone without having to really do anything. It take skills.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Dark souls doesn't reward hand holding, it rewards players for pushing through to the end. It's a hard game that you need to master. So if Friday the 13th is too hard then you should play Dark Souls come back and rethink what hard is. You play a game yes it's meant to be fun but there is also following the movies, this game does that well, only one ever made it out alive, there were sometimes two or more but that's because they worked together, Jason is a creature you should be afraid but saying you need an easy mode no, does Jason need some work, sure but he's not at the point to where he can ghost around killing everyone without having to really do anything. It take skills.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Dark Souls and F13 are by no means the same sort of game concept.

1 minute ago, lightningbolt said:

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Dark Souls and F13 are by no means the same sort of game concept.

Both take skills to play. Yes they have different ways of doing this, dark souls have weapons you earn and leveling up means you get stronger but that doesn't mean it's not hard. You play Friday the 13th, you learn to move and work with others, you figure out the weaknesses of Jason and use that against him. This game is Jason's game, he's meant to be strong as we the players against Jason need to try and survive and yes it should be hard, it shouldn't be handed to us as it's a challenge 

2 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Right, you seek an experience.  The issue is that not everyone is playing this game for an experience and the fact that it is a game is important to them, not so much the experience.

It's not about what you or I seek... it's about what the game designers and developers wish to create.

They were really clear about what they were going for, while working on the game. And it was pretty damn close to what they said, during beta and at launch. They seemed to slip up with the balance, afterward, but, now, just ONE day after a balance pass that puts things closer to how they were, you want to split it into different difficulty modes.

I'm pretty sure this game is supposed to be an experience. We're not running a generator repair simulator. They weren't trying to make a normal game. We're controlling characters that scream, curse, cry, run, become blindingly afraid, and, quite often, die.

This ain't Tetris. 

I find it weird how important "winning" is to some people. Fortnite Battle Royale is an immensely popular game right now. However, only 1 out of 100 players WIN a match (or only 1 TEAM wins, in duos and squads).

No one there seems to complain that they die (LOSE) most of the time. And it is pretty popular.

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Both take skills to play. Yes they have different ways of doing this, dark souls have weapons you earn and leveling up means you get stronger but that doesn't mean it's not hard. You play Friday the 13th, you learn to move and work with others, you figure out the weaknesses of Jason and use that against him. This game is Jason's game, he's meant to be strong as we the players against Jason need to try and survive and yes it should be hard, it shouldn't be handed to us as it's a challenge 

However, as opposed to there being an option in the game to set a difficulty setting to favor either jason or the councilors, the fact that a game called "Dark Souls" exists means that the game "F13" should only ever favor jason and never favor the councilors? There is something wrong with the flow of that logic.

I highly doubt that the fact that a game "Dark Souls" exists means that a jason player should always have the advantage over a councilor player in a difficulty setting sort of way, that just sounds like a distraction away from the fact that jason should be the superior player as far the game is considered and the councilors are in an inferior position; however, the councilors should have the means to survive and jason should have the means to kill. If you can quote an example from "Dark Souls" where there is even remotely a similar game concept, I would be surprised.

6 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Wes tweeted shortly before release "If you don't like dying in video games...this game is probably not for you"!

That says all that needs to be said. 

You cany make the decision for everyone else what Difficulty that they want to play.

Every customer of the game should be able to choose a difficulty on each map.

an easier difficulty will have lots of guns,knives,bats etc

5 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

However, as opposed to there being an option in the game to set a difficulty setting to favor either jason or the councilors, the fact that a game called "Dark Souls" exists means that the game "F13" should only ever favor jason and never favor the councilors? There is something wrong with the flow of that logic.

I highly doubt that the fact that a game "Dark Souls" exists means that a jason player should always have the advantage over a councilor player in a difficulty setting sort of way, that just sounds like a distraction away from the fact that jason should be the superior player as far the game is considered and the councilors are in an inferior position; however, the councilors should have the means to survive and jason should have the means to kill. If you can quote an example from "Dark Souls" where there is even remotely a similar game concept, I would be surprised.

The devs stated back during the kickstarter days that Jason was meant to be like this. It is his game not the campers. 

4 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

You cany make the decision for everyone else what Difficulty that they want to play.

Every customer of the game should be able to choose a difficulty on each map.

an easier difficulty will have lots of guns,knives,bats etc

Dark souls doesn't let you choose, you play what the game gives you. There isn't a easy mode, you must play the game the way they made it. This game isn't hard to master, you need to work better with people.

The devs stated back during the kickstarter days that Jason was meant to be like this. It is his game not the campers. 

Dark souls doesn't let you choose, you play what the game gives you. There isn't a easy mode, you must play the game the way they made it. This game isn't hard to master, you need to work better with people.

Well this game isnt Dark Souls.This game needs some Balance adjustments.

Im looking Online How To Start a Petetion to Gunmedia and Illfonic to add more weapons and pocket knives in an Easier game mode.

I Will be going to all the Facebook forums trying to get people to sign the petetion.

Im Currently Trying To Reach Thomas Cherry And Josh Jones of Illfonic.

Guys we really need balance in this game.

we need an easier mode with more pocket knives and Guns etc.

Just now, Patriots1 said:

Well this game isnt Dark Souls.This game needs some Balance adjustments.

Im looking Online How To Start a Petetion to Gunmedia and Illfonic to add more weapons and pocket knives in an Easier game mode.

I Will be going to all the Facebook forums trying to get people to sign the petetion.

Im Currently Trying To Reach Thomas Cherry And Josh Jones of Illfonic.

Guys we really need balance in this game.

we need an easier mode with more pocket knives and Guns etc.

This game may not be dark souls but it's designed to be like it with how Jason is. You are meant to feel weak and helpless. There should be less weapons for you because your in a camp not a store.

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This game may not be dark souls but it's designed to be like it with how Jason is. You are meant to feel weak and helpless. There should be less weapons for you because your in a camp not a store.

Thats your opinion.

Please speak for your self.

others on this forum want to be able to adjust the difficulty.

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jason is intended to be the superior character and the councilors in an inferior position which is how the developers are intending. This means that there should be an equal balance between jason's ability to kill and the councilors ability to survive. Jason being superior and the councilors being in an inferior position is also not the same thing as the environmental elements of the map causing either jason or the councilors to be favored; it is ridiculous and unrealistic to think that these are mutually exclusive thing.

Thats your opinion.

Please speak for your self.

others on this forum want to be able to adjust the difficulty.

Just now, lightningbolt said:

Jason is intended to be the superior character and the councilors in an inferior position which is how the developers are intending. This means that there should be an equal balance between jason's ability to kill and the councilors ability to survive. Jason being superior and the councilors being in an inferior position is also not the same thing as the environmental elements of the map causeing either jason or the councilors to be favored and it is ridiculous and unrealistic to think that these are mutually exclusive thing.

Jason is fine, the campers are fine, if you need a easy mode then that just shows how your skill, you can't play. You don't need a hand holding you need to be pushed. Play more matches learn to work with a team and you'll start living more. 

Jason is fine, the campers are fine, if you need a easy mode then that just shows how your skill, you can't play. You don't need a hand holding you need to be pushed. Play more matches learn to work with a team and you'll start living more. 

Your opinion doesnt Represent The Devs opinion or Gunmedia and Illfonic. we need map difficulty adjustments.

Your opinion doesnt Represent The Devs opinion or Gunmedia and Illfonic. we need map difficulty adjustments.

The devs stated this, they wanted Jason to be strong. You really should look at what they have said, if you need an easy mode then your not that great of a player and if other's can't handle it then this isn't there game to play, they don't need a easy mode, they need to learn how to play the game and learn if you die you die, you can't win them all.

Not really, it already has a built in balance, different people have different skill levels. We don't need to resort to name calling or shaming, I think I'm done with this topic.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Not really, it already has a built in balance, different people have different skill levels.

Each camper has stats that are different learning which one works for you is how you'll make it out alive with a good group of friends and working as a team.

Yes But we need a Mode that adjusts the difficulty of each map.

Example a Less Difficult mode on a map would include more guns and pocket knives.

a more difficult setting on a map would have less guns and pocket knives.

Yes But we need a Mode that adjusts the difficulty of each map.

Example a Less Difficult mode on a map would include more guns and pocket knives.

a more difficult setting on a map would have less guns and pocket knives.

Again that's hand holding. You don't need a hard or a easy mode you just need what you have, get a group play the game, work together and you'll make it out. This game doesn't need a easy or hard mode, what it needs is you to learn how to play it.

13 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Except that jason being in a superior position and killing is a skillset and the councilors being in an inferior position and surviving is a skillset. It is more difficult for jason when the resources of the game help the councilors survive  and more difficult for the councilors when they are unable to collect their resources.  To claim that the jason player should always win because he is in a superior position is to say that the councilors should never survive which also implies that it would take less skill to play jason. 

Again, you quote skill, but this also indicates a bias towards jason winning. Yes, the superior character tends to win and the inferior character tends to lose, but the game really should not be rigged to be any one way and the decent thing for people playing a game is to adjust difficulty.

And again, being in a superior position or inferior positing is not the same thing as being skilled, it is about having skills in whichever position you are in, the game world should be adjustable to accommodate however people want to play the game and likewise influence the chances of who would win at the start of a match.