Sign in to follow this  
Patriots1

2 Diffrent Difficulty Modes To Make Everyone Happy.

1 minute ago, Patriots1 said:

I Think it should be balanced for both groups by adding diffrent difficulties to maps.

We have that, smaller maps. It adds more to the Jason's to move quicker and campers to move quicker. Bigger maps you have to spread out and find things and the maps are bugger so Jason has a bit more time at setting up.

11 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Counselors had 3 months to bully Jason with stunlocks, teabagging, and dance parties. That is over now. Now, the game is back to being more like the movies. Most counselors won't survive. If you want to make it through a match as a counselor, you have to work with the other players, and get better at filling your role. Deb is not meant to knock Jason down with a wrench, there shouldn't be 15 pocketknives, 10 shotguns, and 20 medsprays on every map. It is a fucking kid's camp! Why would that many weapons be lying around?

Sorry, this is just a whining post from someone who wants everything to be easy for them to fell better about themselves.

The stunning and tea-bagging should stop, I agree; however, not all of those items were an amount necessarily generated into the game world naturally. People have been cheating to get unlimited items, there was not really much wrong with jasons grab and it otherwise has never really made sense to me to blame there being too many items generated per map when the items were a finite number to begin with. 

Jason also lacks an effective long-range ability/item/weapon to deal with individuals in groups of councilors which would have made more sense than playing with his grab (not the throwing knife), maybe something like a speargun.

No what i mean is Diffrent sets of Difficulties on maps determines the resources available to counselors.

Again it's still the same, the goal is teamwork. You have to work together to escape that's the point of this game. 

It makes total sense to me for an Easier map to have more weapons available.

as an incentive if a player plays Jason in an easier map then that player will receive unlocks,suprises and double points.

It makes total sense to me for an Easier map to have more weapons available.

as an incentive if a player plays Jason in an easier map then that player will receive unlocks,suprises and double points.

Again this is just to make players feel good, no this is just hand holding. I know you want a easy game but that's not the point of this game. You need to have a low chance of escaping if your alone and not working as a team.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Again this is just to make players feel good, no this is just hand holding. I know you want a easy game but that's not the point of this game. You need to have a low chance of escaping if your alone and not working as a team.

So, it should be easy for jason and difficult for the councilors, but never the other circumstance where it is easy for the councilors and hard for jason?

• Like 1

Just now, lightningbolt said:

So, it should be easy for jason and difficult for the councilors, but never the other circumstance where it is easy for the councilors and hard for jason?

A skill player can make a good Jason struggle, a bad Jason will always loose to a good camper that's what it was like in the old days now people got use to beating Jason every day, now it's not so easy, gotta work on those skills to out smart Jason, to work against him, know his weakness and strengths and use it against him. Jason can be defeated if you work as a team.

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

A skill player can make a good Jason struggle, a bad Jason will always loose to a good camper that's what it was like in the old days now people got use to beating Jason every day, now it's not so easy, gotta work on those skills to out smart Jason, to work against him, know his weakness and strengths and use it against him. Jason can be defeated if you work as a team.

You are missing the point, though ... the point is that there is more to this game than the councilors and jason all being a subject to themselves, there is also the objective and the area as a whole being a resource to either jason or the councilors. Screwing over the resources too much is not going to even allow a team to prepare and function enough to combat jason. Resources are survival and you can not expect players to just pop into a match and somehow be superior without resources. I am not so sure that would be classified as skill.

2 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Exactly, it should be difficult for the counselors. This is a Horror Survival game. The counselors are meant to be scared, and survival is in no way guaranteed. The horror aspect of this game got lost in dance parties, stupid fucking costumes, and an overabundance of weapons. (I'm not talking about hacks for unlimited items, I'm talking about regular matches.) 

I main as a counselor (Deb usually). I now find this game a hell of a lot more fun because Jason (or Roy) is scary again. It's a real challenge to get through a match. It got boring before Christmas because I usually had 2 pocket knives and a med spray on me at all times. And, I could always go pick up a shotgun. Now, I have to use my wits to survive. That is the point of this game. Most counselors will die, especially if they don't work together. This was the point of the game at launch, and I think some players have become spoiled with recent patches.

Just now, lightningbolt said:

You are missing the point, though ... the point is that there is more to this game than the councilors and jason all being a subject to themselves, there is also the objective and the area as a whole being a resource to either jason or the councilors. Screwing over the resources too much is not going to even allow a team to prepare and function enough to combat jason. Resources are survival and you can not expect players to just pop into a match and somehow be superior without resources. I am not so sure that would be classified as skill.

You can still out wit a Jason player, you can avoid and out run them, you just need to get better at the game. If your having issues with a camper switch and try out the other's. Jason is still not as powerful as you can still out run a lot of Jason's by using houses or being smart on his shift grab attack he does. There is no need for an easy mode when you can still have fun, group of friends make this game a lot of fun and playing with randoms on the forums who have groups are also fun. 

You guys who hate add ons like costumes and Dance Emotes are silly.

Costumes are awesome.

Why dont you guys go hang out with some boring Mathmatician,Computer,Science nerds who are angry at the straight world.

The doesn’t need an easy option. The game isn’t meant to be easy for counselors.  Jason has ALWAYS had the upper hand. All this mess is just WEAK gamers trying to soften the game up. Just spoiled brats whining 

3 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Costumes are awesome.

Why dont you guys go hang out with some boring Mathmatician,Computer,Science nerds who are angry at the straight world.

I like the emotes and costumes so lol I think they are awesome and it's funny to see them happen, had a few people dancing and using the costumes. They weren't screaming for an easy mode, they all had fun.

No there is all kinds of age groups that play this game.

It Makes sense to have Difficulty settings for each map.

Example a harder difficulty map would contain more unlocks and rewards with less weapons.

A Mild Hard Map would contain more weapons and knives with less incentives,unlocks or surprises.

Just now, Patriots1 said:

No there is all kinds of age groups that play this game.

It Makes sense to have Difficulty settings for each map.

Example a harder difficulty map would contain more unlocks and rewards with less weapons.

A Mild Hard Map would contain more weapons and knives with less incentives,unlocks or surprises.

Most of these age groups shouldn't even be playing this game lol This is 18 and up. I've seen kids still beat a good Jason player so I really don't see how this is needed when a kid can still handle Jason.

6 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Well, you lost me here. (Although I'm not sure what a "Mathmatcian" is :lol:) You are obviously a child that wants an easier game to play. I assure you, there are plenty of games out there that are easier to play. Good luck to you, I am done with this stupid subject.

• Haha 1

Well having a game that serves all age groups and everyones wishes should be an option of True Balance to consider.

What does age have to do with this game?

45 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Exactly, it should be difficult for the counselors. This is a Horror Survival game. The counselors are meant to be scared, and survival is in no way guaranteed. The horror aspect of this game got lost in dance parties, stupid fucking costumes, and an overabundance of weapons. (I'm not talking about hacks for unlimited items, I'm talking about regular matches.) 

I main as a counselor (Deb usually). I now find this game a hell of a lot more fun because Jason (or Roy) is scary again. It's a real challenge to get through a match. It got boring before Christmas because I usually had 2 pocket knives and a med spray on me at all times. And, I could always go pick up a shotgun. Now, I have to use my wits to survive. That is the point of this game. Most counselors will die, especially if they don't work together. This was the point of the game at launch, and I think some players have become spoiled with recent patches.

So, you are indeed saying that it should always be easy for jason and hard for the councilors, you quote in justification  that it is a "horror survival" game. You say that "councilors are meant to be scared" ... You also say that the game got lost in dance parties, costumes and too many weapons.

The issue I have with your statement is that the concept of a "horror survival" game should not be assumed to mean that jason should always have an advantage over councilors, that the players themselves necessarily want to have an experience over game play and that this is just some reenactment of scenes from a movie people are re-experiencing. 

People who want to play video games in general are going to want to build their community around pleasant thing, such as costumes and dances parties. In specific, this is a game based around the jason franchaise and I can see how jason fans want something to themselves; but, jason fans are not asking for a game, they are asking for a reenactment. That may undercut any attempt to build a community and attract players to a game considering this would no longer be a game at that point.

8 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Well having a game that serves all age groups and everyones wishes should be an option of True Balance to consider.

Yes.  Modes for all ages should be incorporated into a Mature rated game.  Yep.  You're onto something here!  :rolleyes:

You have spammed the board all day, even attracting the attention of Ben to call you out.  Give it a rest.

Well younger age groups will be better served in General with an Easier Map play option.

Should dark souls appeal to the age groups?

23 minutes ago, Dr B DDS said:

Yes.  Modes for all ages should be incorporated into a Mature rated game.  Yep.  You're onto something here!  :rolleyes:

You have spammed the board all day, even attracting the attention of Ben to call you out.  Give it a rest.

Oh good, I thought Ben was talking to me. Of course I'm self centred so that makes sense. I agree arguing about modes, let's give it a rest.