Sign in to follow this  
Patriots1

2 Diffrent Difficulty Modes To Make Everyone Happy.

This Game Needs 2 Difficulty Modes. One With Lots of Weapons thats an easier Mode and One Mode That has less weapons in a more difficult challenging mode.

Maybe call Hard Difficulty" Camp Bloodiest" with lots of weapons and Poket Knives.

then call the Hardest Hardcore mode with less weapons and poket knives Call it Jason Punishes Crystal Lake Mode.

The Harder Difficulty Mode With Less Weapons And Poket KNIVES PLAYERS WILL RECEIVE MERIT BADGES AND LEVEL UP FASTER.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

No thank you, if we get another mode(after Paranoia), I'd rather have a campaign mode. A longer format game, where you try to end Jason once and for all. With story for the counselors, and an even higher overall level of difficulty, as there is no running the clock. Games are hard, that's ok. There are weak Jason players and strong Jason players this provides a scale of balance. 

Someone want to tell me what those heart, Trophy, sad face are supposed to mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The more modes you try to make to cater to different player groups, the more the player count will be stretched thin.

I'm happy with the core player count of quick play, and I don't think paranoia will destroy normal play player count either. Trying to split the normal game in half though along with paranoia would most likely cause longer lobby searches and no one likes those.

• Like 2

This game does indeed need separate difficulty modes that either favor the councilors or favor jason. These sometimes benefiting, favoring the councilors and other times benefiting, favoring jason in patches really should stop and the devs should make the game more flexible as far as either the players choosing the difficulty of map generation or by the server calculating it for people somehow.

I made a similar suggestion, but to have the server calculate a difficulty setting based upon the performance of players in the game.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16276-dynamic-item-repair-generation-placements-in-a-map-based-on-calculated-difficulty/

The suggestion in this thread is similar, except to have players chose the difficulty/generation setting in some way.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No thank you, if we get another mode(after Paranoia), I'd rather have a campaign mode. A longer format game, where you try to end Jason once and for all. With story for the counselors, and an even higher overall level of difficulty, as there is no running the clock. Games are hard, that's ok. There are weak Jason players and strong Jason players this provides a scale of balance. 

The devs can program the game server to calculate map generation difficulty based upon the performance of players.

• Confused 1

@lightningbolt you're idea is far better than splitting up the community. I just don't think the devs are capable of programming that, and if they could I don't think it will be as smooth as it needs to be to work correctly.

Please keep it to one topic in the future. You've also been spamming this response quite regularly as responses to other threads. We appreciate your input, but we ask that you not spam so much. 

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

@lightningbolt you're idea is far better than splitting up the community. I just don't think the devs are capable of programming that, and if they could I don't think it will be as smooth as it needs to be to work correctly.

If the devs wanted to program a way into the game for the server to track the performance of players and have the map generate per a difficulty setting to favor either jason or the councilors, they should be able to find a programmer capable of understanding how to do it and does it. I honestly do not think putting it into the game itself would be an issue in that regards.  Now, as far as resources go they would have to start tracking the statistics of players and that would increase the size of database information faster over time (which may or may not impact server performance) and they may or may not have to recode some of the game (not really sure what they would have to do).

You wouldnt play a Harder mode that had less resources but more rewards and merit badges.

Then people who play as Jason in the easier mode for counselors could receive Merit Badges and level up more quickly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

You wouldnt play a Harder mode that had less resources but more rewards and merit badges.

Then people who play as Jason in the easier mode for counselors could receive Merit Badges and level up more quickly.

That's just hand holding. I don't agree with that. If you wanna be good at a game you work at it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I Dont think its hand holding. its the best of both worlds .

A Counselor can have an easier map.

Someone playing jason could have an easier map.

its simple when you choose a map in the menu screen an option for hard or hardcore modes will be visable as an option.

Picture a Game Mode Called JASON PUNISHES CRYSTAL LAKE.

In This Mode There is few resources for counselors.

but if you play as a counselor in this mode there will be huge incentives advantages.

Double points,Merit Badges,unlockables etc.

that creates a way for everyone to be happy and adds more to the game.

2 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

I Dont think its hand holding. its the best of both worlds .

A Counselor can have an easier map.

Someone playing jason could have an easier map.

its simple when you choose a map in the menu screen an option for hard or hardcore modes will be visable as an option.

Again it's hand holding. Easy means Hand holding, the game let's you have it easy so you feel like you've done good. The point of a game is the challenge, Jason is the challenge! You are meant to be scared, and have your hope removed, having a easy mode is like giving a trophy to the kid who felt left out because the three kids got trophies. If you die you die, get better, find players with mic or get friends to play and work together as a team. Jason is meant to be OP, he's meant to kill you all. 

• Like 1

No gameplay is meant to be fun.

It is not meant to have no defense against a grab that will end your game.

• Like 1

Just now, Patriots1 said:

The game is fun, if you die you die, it was a fun game and you move onto the next. Just because Jason is strong and your a camper doesn't mean you should always have a high chance to escape, the point of this game is to try and survive, you are meant to be scared and helpless. That's the point of Jason. His grip is fine to me, I played last night and had a blast! This game is team building not hand holding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

If you hone your counselor skills (as a lot of us did during the beta and at launch), you can survive the match. It is supposed to be hard to survive.  Watch one or two of the movies, survival is not a guarantee. You can avoid Jason's grab, you just have to work at it. Just like Jason players have to work at perfecting the shift/grab combo. Just as @Ghostboy20 said, an "Easy" mode would just be a participation trophy. I remember a time when you felt like you actually accomplished something if you survived a round in this game, and it seems like the meta is leaning that way again.

If you really want a good chance at surviving every match in a horror survival game, I suggest Dead By Daylight. It seems to be more suited to your tastes.

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The game is fun, if you die you die, it was a fun game and you move onto the next. Just because Jason is strong and your a camper doesn't mean you should always have a high chance to escape, the point of this game is to try and survive, you are meant to be scared and helpless. That's the point of Jason. His grip is fine to me, I played last night and had a blast! This game is team building not hand holding.

I do not see how it would make sense on the development end to cater only to those who want to see jason kill all of the councilors every single match with no means of escape, even though they are taunted with escape. It should just be a game mode and not a core part of the game. Right now, it looks like a core part of the game; but, that is only because it is the only current mode and "escape or die" is the original one.

I Really think you guys dont understand.

This game is meant to be fun. its not meant to be work.

this game needs a way to counter jason grab.

6 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

I do not see how it would make sense on the development end to cater only to those who want to see jason kill all of the councilors every single match with no means of escape, even though they are taunted with escape. It should just be a game mode and not a core part of the game. Right now, it looks like a core part of the game; but, that is only because it is the only current mode and "escape or die" is the original one.

It's a challenge to escape, that's something all horror movies are, this game does pretty good adding that to the game, being scared wondering if your gonna make it, these are good core gameplay, adding a easy mode isn't, that's just letting players who aren't good feel good, that doesn't help. To get better at something you must practice your skills and get better at the game. Team work is what this game is, not lone wolf, that's what this whole thread is about, they want to be able to escape alone and not worry about other's, it's right to the point. 

5 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

I Really think you guys dont understand.

This game is meant to be fun. its not meant to be work.

this game needs a way to counter jason grab.

Jason grab is fine to me, the game is fun. If you have an issue with it then play DBD, I didn't like that game much, I played it when it was for free for while and I found myself playing Friday again just to have some fun.

• Thanks 1

We need to push to fix this situation to make the game fun for everyone.

Not fun for just people who play as Jason.

Just now, Patriots1 said:

I don't play as Jason, I play as both, I find the game fine. I main Chad (Hence my avatar) so the game to me is fun, it doesn't need to be easy, easy makes it boring and is hand holding. 

41 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Please keep it to one topic in the future. You've also been spamming this response quite regularly as responses to other threads. We appreciate your input, but we ask that you not spam so much. 

Thanks!

Was this directed at me?

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's a challenge to escape, that's something all horror movies are, this game does pretty good adding that to the game, being scared wondering if your gonna make it, these are good core gameplay, adding a easy mode isn't, that's just letting players who aren't good feel good, that doesn't help. To get better at something you must practice your and get your better at the game. Team work is what this game is, not lone wolf, that's what this whole thread is about, they want to be able to escape alone and not worry about other's, it's right to the point. 

Jason grab is fine to me, the game is fun. If you have an issue with it then play DBD, I didn't like that game much, I played it when it was for free for while and I found myself playing Friday again just to have some fun.

Yes, but not everyone plays this game because it is an experience of either being jason or a councilor. There are people who play this game simply because it is a game and those people have other incentives to play, other than jason being in the game and able to grab, kill councilors; for example, playing the game as a game. Also, telling people to go play another game because they do not share your opinion about this one is inappropriate.

1 minute ago, Patriots1 said:

Counselors had 3 months to bully Jason with stunlocks, teabagging, and dance parties. That is over now. Now, the game is back to being more like the movies. Most counselors won't survive. If you want to make it through a match as a counselor, you have to work with the other players, and get better at filling your role. Deb is not meant to knock Jason down with a wrench, there shouldn't be 15 pocketknives, 10 shotguns, and 20 medsprays on every map. It is a fucking kid's camp! Why would that many weapons be lying around?

Sorry, this is just a whining post from someone who wants everything to be easy for them to fell better about themselves.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Yes, but not everyone plays this game because it is an experience of either being jason or a councilor. There are people who play this game simply because it is a game and those people have other incentives to play, other than jason being in the game and able to grab, kill people; for example, playing the game as a game. Also, telling people to go play another game because they do not share your opinion about this one is inappropriate.

It's hand holding to add an easy mode as the game is just fine now with this patch, Jason was bullied and now he's getting his revenge on people who wronged him. This game is a challenge and it's fun, I wasn't saying "Go play that game and leave this game alone you ahole" no I'm suggesting he should play that game as that game seems to be more his cup of tea in how it plays.