Sign in to follow this  
Patriots1

2 Diffrent Difficulty Modes To Make Everyone Happy.

1 minute ago, lightningbolt said:

Except that jason being in a superior position and killing is a skillset and the councilors being in an inferior position and surviving is a skillset. It is more difficult for jason when the resources of the game help the councilors survive  and more difficult for the councilors when they are unable to collect their resources.  To claim that the jason player should always win because he is in a superior position is to say that the councilors should never survive which also implies that it would take less skill to play jason. 

Again, you quote skill, but this also indicates a bias towards jason winning. Yes, the superior character tends to win and the inferior character tends to lose, but the game really should not be rigged to be any one way and the decent thing for people playing a game is to adjust difficulty.

And again, being in a superior position or inferior positing is not the same thing as being skilled, it is about having skills in whichever position you are in and the game world should be adjustable to accommodate however people want to play the game and influence the chances of who would win at the start of a match.

If you go camping in real life there isn't a whole warehouse full of weapons at the campsite. This is a game and they are basing it on real life camps, you wouldn't find 100 pocketknifes just laying in the woods at a campsite or 100 shotguns in a house (Unless it's a crazy redneck) this game is for Jason more then campers.

Well not a crazy amount of pocket knives.

Besides were not basing the game on real life anything.

Friday the 13th is as Fantasy as it gets. its like The story of Frankenstein.

We Need Balancing adjustments so that every map in the game has difficulty settings and adjustments.

Example  an Easy Difficulty would include more knives and Guns in the Map.

a Harder difficulty would have less Guns And knives.

Can you understand what im saying.

Im saying it would be a great luxury for the individual player to decide how he wants to play the game and what difficulty.

1 minute ago, Patriots1 said:

Well not a crazy amount of pocket knives.

Besides were not basing the game on real life anything.

Friday the 13th is as Fantasy as it gets. its like The story of Frankenstein.

We Need Balancing adjustments so that every map in the game has difficulty settings and adjustments.

Example  an Easy Difficulty would include more knives and Guns in the Map.

a Harder difficulty would have less Guns And knives.

Can you understand what im saying.

Im saying it would be a great luxury for the individual player to decide how he wants to play the game and what difficulty.

The game is fine, the cars needs some work and Jason teleporing needs work but other then that it doesn't need a easy mode. What you need is to get better, learn to play the game like it should be and work with people as a team

tenor.gif?itemid=5518159

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

If you go camping in real life there isn't a whole warehouse full of weapons at the campsite. This is a game and they are basing it on real life camps, you wouldn't find 100 pocketknifes just laying in the woods at a campsite or 100 shotguns in a house (Unless it's a crazy redneck) this game is for Jason more then campers.

No,  you would not typically find that in the real world and you should not find that in the game world. I have always agreed with that. However, the flaw is to assume that the issue is the game world itself that is giving too many resources, because the game world may not be the one adding those resources; so, when you go limiting the game world and there is no way to adjust the difficulty for Jason and the councilors within the game itself, it creates an inappropriate game imbalance within that world. There is a difference between implementing excuses to just have the superior killer win more often and allowing players to become skilled as either Jason or as councilors. Also, the way this last patch looks, it just looks like an implementation of excuses to have jason win more often regardless instead of actually encouraging people to be skilled.

Just now, lightningbolt said:

No,  you would not typically find that in the real world and you should not find that in the game world. I have always agreed with that. However, the flaw is to assume that the issue is the game world itself that is giving too many resources, because the game world may not be the one adding those resources; so, when you go limiting the game world and there is no way to adjust the difficulty for Jason and the councilors within the game itself, it creates an inappropriate game imbalance within that world. The is a difference between implementing excuses to just have the superior killer win more often and allowing players to become skilled as either Jason or as councilors and the way this last patch looked, it just looks like excuses to have jason win more often regardless, instead of actually encouraging people to be skilled.

The thing you keep pointing out is hand holding for players looking for items. You at a camp, there aren't a lot of things there to help you. Only a small amount, any horror moving you watch you see this. This isn't supernatural where dean and sam have guns and their car and their best friend Cas saving the day. This about working as a team with what you have, only have three pocketknives use them well, only have two med sprays, use them wisely, only have one gun, better use that in a real tight spot and not waste that shot. It's about being smart with what you have, not asking for more items to better the win.

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The thing you keep pointing out is hand holding for players looking for items. You at a camp, there aren't a lot of things there to help you. Only a small amount, any horror moving you watch you see this. This isn't supernatural where dean and sam have guns and their car and their best friend Cas saving the day. This about working as a team with what you have, only have three pocketknives use them well, only have two med sprays, use them wisely, only have one gun, better use that in a real tight spot and not waste that shot. It's about being smart with what you have, not asking for more items to better the win.

The thing you keep point out is hand holding for jason killing. Jason gets more items, the councilors get less to help them out. Jason has been defended against by people in his own movies. This is a game and not a movie. The councilors are not prepared enough to work as a team when jason can grab, stab them unimpeded and they do not have the resources to defend themselves.  Video games are not suppose to be realistic and I doubt the usage of a health spray is cannon in any of the movies. Health sprays are a video game thing and having more items available,  in general and in exaggerated, unrealistic ways is appropriate for a video game.

Just now, lightningbolt said:

The thing you keep point out is hand holding for jason killing. Jason gets more items, the councilors get less to help them out. Jason has been defended against by people in his own movies. This is a game and not a movie. The councilors are not prepared enough to work as a team when jason can grab, stab them unimpeded and they do not have the resources to defend themselves.  Video games are not suppose to be realistic and I doubt the usage of a health spray is cannon in any of the movies. Health sprays are a video game thing and having more items available and in general and in exaggerated, unrealistic ways is appropriate for a video game.

Jason get's a few extra throwing knives and a slight speed boost OMG call the presses other then that Jason doesn't get a health pack, Jason doesn't have a gun, all he has is what he's give and that are a few extra knives and a slight speed boost which isn't much as me and my brother tested you can still out run dead Jason's just fine, it's the one's that can run you wanna watch out for. Again as a game you are supposed to have less items because your in a camp that wouldn't have all these knives and guns, you make do with what you have and you adapt to survive, I'm a counselor player, I don't find it hard to play so it has to be people who are used to having hordes of items that shouldn't have been there.

Let me give you an example of what im trying to say here.

A Map that is switched to a more Difficult mode would have less weapons and pocket knives.

A Map that is switched to an Easier game mode would have more pocket knives and weapons.

Why cant you understand that it should be up to the player of the game.

13 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jason get's a few extra throwing knives and a slight speed boost OMG call the presses other then that Jason doesn't get a health pack, Jason doesn't have a gun, all he has is what he's give and that are a few extra knives and a slight speed boost which isn't much as me and my brother tested you can still out run dead Jason's just fine, it's the one's that can run you wanna watch out for. Again as a game you are supposed to have less items because your in a camp that wouldn't have all these knives and guns, you make do with what you have and you adapt to survive, I'm a counselor player, I don't find it hard to play so it has to be people who are used to having hordes of items that shouldn't have been there.

The only Jason that should have gotten a speed boost are the slower ones, Jason should have been given a long-range ability/item (not the throwing knives) to deal with the dance party tea-baggers instead of playing with his grab,  Jason should not have been buffed against stealth councilors or lone councilors, the only problem with the amount of councilor items generated in game is that they looked disorganized, councilor items generated in the world should be adjusted per a difficulty setting and not fixed to the game entirely and last but not least, this last patch should not have been implemented and designed on the basis of making excuses to have Jason win more often (which is evident considering that the solutions I outlined above would have been more appropriate for game balance).

Let me give you an example of what im trying to say here.

A Map that is switched to a more Difficult mode would have less weapons and pocket knives.

A Map that is switched to an Easier game mode would have more pocket knives and weapons.

Why cant you understand that it should be up to the player of the game.

If your the only one having a hard time playing while other's aren't that means your doing something wrong and should rethink how you play

@lightningbolt Jason isn't overpowered still, he still getting knocked down and beaten. I had matches where players were still tea bagging him and making it hard for him to hunt down players who were fixing the car, the Jason then killed them after their bats broke and the car was fixed but he got to us before we could truly escape. I didn't see a single thing wrong with how that played out. 

I'm not aware of setting difficulty modes in any multiplayer games??? This is normally something reserved for single player modes!. 

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm not aware of setting difficulty modes in any multiplayer games??? This is normally something reserved for single player modes!. 

What's funny is the Bots would be Easy mode.

No im talking about online mode and being able to adjust the difficulty setting as A HOST.

Example An Easier setting on a map would include more weapons and pocket knives.

A More difficult setting would have less weapons and pocket knives.

its up to the host.

so you wouldnt notice and youd be suprised if you won extra unlockable items in a more difficult mode.

Just now, Patriots1 said:

No im talking about online mode and being able to adjust the difficulty setting as A HOST.

Example An Easier setting on a map would include more weapons and pocket knives.

A More difficult setting would have less weapons and pocket knives.

its up to the host.

so you wouldnt notice and youd be suprised if you won extra unlockable items in a more difficult mode.

Again stuff like this is more for singleplayer then  online, if you want to play something like that go play offline bots as it holds what you want, this game does make it more for people who can play the game and doesn't hold your hand, if you want hand holding then play offline.

I don't think I'm quite grasping the concept? How are you going to implement these difficulty modes?

4 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

If the devs wanted to program a way into the game for the server to track the performance of players and have the map generate per a difficulty setting to favor either jason or the councilors, they should be able to find a programmer capable of understanding how to do it and does it. I honestly do not think putting it into the game itself would be an issue in that regards.  Now, as far as resources go they would have to start tracking the statistics of players and that would increase the size of database information faster over time (which may or may not impact server performance) and they may or may not have to recode some of the game (not really sure what they would have to do).

Dude, you don't just "find a programmer capable of understanding how to do it and then does it." It would take MONTHS of time to interview, hire and then have the person (likely persons, in all honesty) program what you're talking about. I doubt they could have that out before October of this year, even if they started interviewing tomorrow. Even if they could, by the time they've paid the dude to make the service, the game population might be so thin that it ends up being a wasted effort and money. What you're suggesting is a cool idea, but it's way too late into the lifecycle of the game to spend money on something like that vs fixing bugs or creating new content. 

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Dude, you don't just "find a programmer capable of understanding how to do it and then does it." It would take MONTHS of time to interview, hire and then have the person (likely persons, in all honesty) program what you're talking about. So much time that by the time they've paid the dude to make the service, the game population might be so thin that it ends up being a wasted effort. What you're suggesting is a cool idea, but it's way too late into the lifecycle of the game to spend money on something like that vs fixing bugs or creating new content. 

Creating diffrent difficulty settings for each map to serve everyones wants would be to difficult. HOW Would it be to difficult.

Having the option to choose whether you want alot of escape routes to evade Jason by using pocket knives and weapons should be an option made available to make everyone happy.

Just now, Patriots1 said:

Creating diffrent difficulty settings for each map to serve everyones wants would be to difficult. HOW Would it be to difficult.

Having the option to choose whether you want alot of escape routes to evade Jason by using pocket knives and weapons should be an option made available to make everyone happy.

It takes time and money that doesn't really need to be there.

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It takes time and money that doesn't really need to be there.

Well they certainly were able to remove pocket knives and weapons very easily.

2 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Well they certainly were able to remove pocket knives and weapons very easily.

Those are already programmed into the game, it's easy to lower or raise items that are already codded into the game.

2 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Well, for starters, I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the whole taking peoples performance into consideration and then auto-generating maps based on that. Also, It isn't difficult to make a difficulty setting, it's just a bad idea. The user base is too low to then split them up into two smaller chunks of easy and hard mode. If the game had a user base like CoD or Madden, then I could see it, but splitting them now would probably be a really bad move. 

25 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Dude, you don't just "find a programmer capable of understanding how to do it and then does it." It would take MONTHS of time to interview, hire and then have the person (likely persons, in all honesty) program what you're talking about. I doubt they could have that out before October of this year, even if they started interviewing tomorrow. Even if they could, by the time they've paid the dude to make the service, the game population might be so thin that it ends up being a wasted effort and money. What you're suggesting is a cool idea, but it's way too late into the lifecycle of the game to spend money on something like that vs fixing bugs or creating new content. 

No, it is not too late necessarily, but they are reliant on having a programmer on hand who is up to the task. If none of the ones they have on hand feel like they are capable of coding something like I suggested into the game, it would not be possible even though it would be an improvement to the game.  Sad to say, programmers are human with only so much and that is indeed one of the factors in completing a task.

WAIT This is how the game could work with Difficulty setting on each map.

The Host would set the difficulty level and you wouldnt be able to tell what it was set at.

if this happens it wouldnt cause division.

WAIT This is how the game could work with Difficulty setting on each map.

The Host would set the difficulty level and you wouldnt be able to tell what it was set at.

if this happens it wouldnt cause division.

People then will crank it to hard like it should be. You not gonna get this. 

5 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Please keep it to one topic in the future. You've also been spamming this response quite regularly as responses to other threads. We appreciate your input, but we ask that you not spam so much. 

Thanks!

Sorry... This is my last thread anyways... I won't be messing with this for awhile. I really didn't mean to spam.