Bringing Back Beta Animations (Update & Comparison)

My topic on bringing back Jason's and counselor's Beta Animations back got a pretty good response. We might actually be able to get these back in the game. However a few people in the comments asked me to do a Comparison of the Animations from the Beta to the Final Release. Down below I'll show you a comparison and give more details on the topic.

If you haven't read my First topic on bringing back the Beta Animations, here's a link: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16257-adding-back-beta-animations/?tab=comments#comment-217888

Comparison:

Beta - Start Up Run

5keyD9Pbd4JANLJPj1Q6EX09-rS1Yvwhlmfy3OxxbgNWT4DJlGGfcbyCv1K6KljlytTerpFbdzQClMCd_PPC9GC1DETBcBYrywT50VlgPoes1gMuurvMpmUKEF5C2hINTzXUIjpS

Final Release - Start Up Run

cWH--krRdj6QHpNOgyh6g5iWS0NnbdMw7DCw2X84KyafOvW8k0abmke2QAHZp8PIJGk2G1LAVOKUf3fMglSVH0TuGPm_XpNy8BhwIt1phmjYLbCsIfZXHH2VBuS9OdS6pW1CHZau

Beta - Turn Around Run

IaXSWpzAjXlsLyHVs_wkDc3rZPjoTsIbp2TEJ5CJ0L_m2SozlwLNL8G-hcBLIc2ShZEkz2apxmJa1fYE9V1WFuFBs_6rQ1nPsSSVvJK1T8-IszEvJq5FzhGP6B9Vs8fam1cjqmzv

Final Release - Turn Around Run

9fR9TfxyyLhoDU_C--nodGvnHF2pqbqOtiVlMQGPKDjYbTfbdYxwpAxYQT0HGI-Y9FjaZ8ymhdvBKz3MV0bDB5Z9wL7FeliAgSjd7PybYd3oQtyP93cFW23_ATojxJaDHoeG_sPw

Beta - Turn Around Walk

Dv1WyL8k_lV1emwmycVY-SkDu-vojb9rp2JDXlhRmu737_Wz6OwlozjvjR_LtWT29lNF-U4vDdX-WIojxyj8W1kGOh9U4SnLTNy-KvnExLALvias2OhoM1Zig2qOUnAo1LmjSexf

Final Release - Turn Around Walk

ET2JsgW9dsrPM1bZrB4R8TGfWtQeKr83L4-4MKW371OZEehKCoFNV-V8acU61p_WxhVCOohO_517mDP20sNyrK6P2IvewTMLUbsdYjPTowe5aEv7QhOLN2rPzjK5zTF1d2om0fgm

Note that these are only a few examples for Jason.

As you can see, these animations were completely scrapped. This really pisses me off. You may think it's just some minor detail but I think it adds so much more to Jason and the counselors. Note that I didn't show the counselor beta animations as I'm sure some one else will focus on that in their topic. I'm pretty sure everyone wants these back in the game. I know we can get this in the game again guys, at least on PC.

Thanks for reading this. And please, fill free to comment your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear your guy's feedback on this.

- Deku Scrub

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrestonDelRey said:

Beta animations looked A LOT better. I wonder why they'd trash them...

Optimisation. Typically why the higher quality elements of a game are phased out before release, for performance reasons (especially on console).

These animations really helped make Jason/counselors look less robotic. Maybe one day they’ll patch them back but I’m not counting on it.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Optimisation. Typically why the higher quality elements of a game are phased out before release, for performance reasons (especially on console).

I don't see why such short animations would be something that would affect game FPS, in the beta for PC there was those animations and it runned same as final version.

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't see why such short animations would be something that would affect game FPS, in the beta for PC there was those animations and it runned same as final version.

Beta on PC, not console. It's not just the short animations that were removed, but a whole bunch of things which amount to an increase in performance when done without. I'm no game developer but that seems like the logical reason.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Beta on PC, not console. It's not just the short animations that were removed, but a whole bunch of things which amount to an increase in performance when done without. I'm no game developer but that seems like the logical reason.

Or maybe they removed them for make the game "quicker". Anyway we want it back! @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

That makes sense

I understand why they took the animations out. I sadly don't have a PC (yet!) and looking at the beta footage from when the beta was out, I loved how the counselors and Jason moved. It felt (from looking not playing) like real people. It is sad they took the animations out for console, but at least give the PC (and the future PC) community their animations back!

I wouldn't mind seeing these come back however with Rain being removed from Xbox I think it would be too much for Xbox it would seem lol