Less Pocket Knifes, Less Chances To Survive...? 

It's understandable of why there are so many complaints about pocket knifes... For example, when you are playing as: Jason Voorhees and want to do a GRAB KILL, but CAN'T. Why...?

1: Every time I grab this one counselor, this counselor has like 3 pocket knifes on him/her. 

2: It's more easier to disable traps do to so many pocket knifes, you have like 4 or 5 counselors with pocket knifes, also make it 6 when Tommy Shows Up.

I know how everyone feels when it comes time to play as Jason Voorhees and having to put up with the pocket knifes. I can see both point of views from playing as Jason and the counselors... Before I even discussed what's unfair to counselors and the disadvantage, please take the time to put your selves in the counselors shoes knowing how much counselors have to go through, just like how I put myself in Jason's shoes and discussed his issues and disadvantage.  [Jason Voorhees Issues & disadvantage: At the top of the page^^^] 

Jason Voorhees now have a huge advantage over the counselors. Now that there are less pocket knifes in all the camps, Jason can really have his way with the counselors poor souls. What can we counselors do now? Nothing much because...

1: Not every counselor is going to use his/her pocket knifes on the traps that Jason sets up, because most of us just want to keep it for our selves to get out of Jason hands once when he grabs us right after he does his shift and then GRAB.

2: Also now we are forced to use our own bodies to trip Jason's traps because of the lack of pocket knifes now. Having Aid Spray won't matter much, now that we are going to be lacking of Aid Spray.

3: Not every counselor finds pocket knifes. It can be just that one counselor with 3 pocket knifes, but for someone else... Have you ever been that counselor when you actually have totally nothing on you at all? Please just take note of that.

4: When finding a pocket knife, it encourage some counselors to actually try to be a hero and help out more when it comes down to fixing things or trying to kill Jason. I say that's a lot more better then having a counselor hiding underneath the bed through out the 20 minutes of the match.

5: (This relates to number one in away) Not every counselor is going to use his/her pocket knifes on the traps that Jason sets up because not all of them are team players. There are still those that helps Jason by opening door and such. Now his J-O-B is easier then ever.

This is all the reason what I can list for now, even though I pretty sure more of you will have your own reason and such... 

Edited by sims2series3493
To add a link to another forum that discuss less aid sprays
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I think ‘less pocketknives = less surviving’ was the whole purpose of the changes.  It’s like it was at the start again, when you didn’t expect to survive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

There were too many pocket knives and health sprays, which is why they heavily reduced it. Before the  patch that caused an overhaul of items to spawn in game, it was basically balanced when speaking in terms of item drops.

Now, there is too much of a nerf to counselors when in reference specifically to health sprays and pocket knives - especially on maps like Jarvis House where it was already scarce, now every map is the new Jarvis House and the actual map of Jarvis House is Hell. The balance favors Jason too much. All they have to do is revert back to the original spawns and it would be A-OK. I also think they could spawn items a little more cleverly, than having say 3 health sprays spawn in one cabin, but that's another story.

Balancing would be easier-said-than-done if people did what you do, look at it from both Jason and the counselor's perspective. Counselors are basically forced to tank traps and waste health sprays because there are not enough pocket knives to go around. But then you'll also run out of med sprays too... and you also gain Jason's attention for stepping in a trap. Oh decisions, decisions. 

It seems like this game could stay in it's current state of balance if Quick Play was removed and only Private Match stays. Why do I say that? Because it would undeniably take a whole lot of team work and communication to successfully escape (when up against an experienced Jason player) with basically no means of proper defense... distinctly when talking about repairers as they can't run away for that long due to poor stamina/speed. Anyone who often uses Quick Play would undoubtedly know that most people don't have mics or want to pay you any attention in the first place. 

On a different note, the car is still nerfed as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, daveliam said:

I think ‘less pocketknives = less surviving’ was the whole purpose of the changes.  It’s like it was at the start again, when you didn’t expect to survive. 

Good point. I'm not going to hold you there, but don't you think it's a lot more easier for Jason to grab you and call it the day...? I know it's too early and everyone is loving the update right now, But wouldn't it become less of a challenge for Jason? I just feel that it's now more easier to pick off counselors. Also I have a strong feeling there is going to be complaints in the future about this...

My only question to you is, are you happy with this update as of right now? 

Maybe I need to get use to this update I guess...? 

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

There were too many pocket knives and health sprays, which is why they heavily reduced it. Before the  patch that caused an overhaul of items to spawn in game, it was basically balanced when speaking in terms of item drops.

Now, there is too much of a nerf to counselors when in reference to specifically health sprays and pocket knives - especially on maps like Jarvis House where it was already scarce, now every map is the new Jarvis House and the actual map of Jarvis House is Hell. The balance favors Jason too much. All they have to do is revert back to the original spawns and it would be A-OK. I also think they could spawn items a little more cleverly, than having say 3 health sprays spawn in one cabin, but that's another story.

I agree with you. I didn't really talk much about the aid sprays in this forum. When you get the chance please do check it out and tell me what you think of so far. I really don't feel like re-typing everything again  

3 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

Good point. I'm not going to hold you there, but don't you think it's a lot more easier for Jason to grab you and call it the day...? I know it's too early and everyone is loving the update right now, But wouldn't it become less of a challenge for Jason? I just feel that it's now more easier to pick off counselors. Also I have a strong feeling there is going to be complaints in the future about this...

My only question to you is, are you happy with this update as of right now? 

Maybe I need to get use to this update I guess...? 

The challenge should be for the Counselors, and Not an easy victory. Before this patch every Chad, Lachappa or AJ acted like a hero, or quite honestly they acted like trolls. Heroes should be rare, and that’s why Tommy Jarvis is in the game.

We play counsellors 99% of the time, it’s boring surviving every single match. Survival should be rare, and exciting.

Yes this should be easy for Jason, and Fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Pocket knife and medal ray amount definitely needed to be reduced, but the Jason buffs and counselor nerfs accompanying the change has really pushed Jason into the overpowered state. Majority of my matches are lobbies completely getting wiped by Jason.

I don't think pocket knives need to be upped in amount again, maybe start with reverting speed changes to try and balance classes again

Just now, dandop1984 said:

The challenge should be for the Counselors, and Not an easy victory. Before this patch every Chad, Lachappa or AJ acted like a hero, or quite honestly they acted like trolls. Heroes should be rare, and that’s why Tommy Jarvis is in the game.

We play counsellors 99% of the time, it’s boring surviving every single match. Survival should be rare, and exciting.

Yes this should be easy for Jason, and Fun

Knock on wood! Easy? Hell no! Effort should be applied when playing Jason, just like it is now. I really hope they never make it "easy" to play Jason, his mechanics are simple enough as is. If counselors are forced to use strategy, so should Jason.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but not when the difficulty randomly jumps from medium, to very easy, then to hard (speaking in terms of item drops.) Survival shouldn't be rare or easily accomplished - it should depend majorly on skill with the assistance of defense. If you have no items, you have no defense.

4 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Pocket knife and medal ray amount definitely needed to be reduced, but the Jason buffs and counselor nerfs accompanying the change has really pushed Jason into the overpowered state. Majority of my matches are lobbies completely getting wiped by Jason.

I don't think pocket knives need to be upped in amount again, maybe start with reverting speed changes to try and balance classes again

If they want to keep the balance the same from here on out, the first thing they should do is un-nerf the car.

• Thanks 1

No.

Strong Jason is good Jason. And this didn't materially change much, you can still wail on him (especially since everyone is trying Roy). Nice to grab, though. Want an issue? They got rid of the PK removal animation, so that I got grabbed, used my PK... and immediately got grabbed again. Useless.

And FWIW, med sprays still seem to be abundant, didn't notice a drop like I did with the PKs.

I find the game the best it has ever been right now, it's going to take some work to adapt to everything, but that's part of the fun. I agree that if your not fast, and there's no team work then you are probably dead. I think we need to discuss possible counselor strategies, and then popularize the effective ones. 

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

Knock on wood! Easy? Hell no! Effort should be applied when playing Jason, just like it is now. I really hope they never make it "easy" to play Jason, his mechanics are simple enough as is. If counselors are forced to use strategy, so should Jason.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but not when the difficulty randomly jumps from medium, to very easy, then to hard (speaking in terms of item drops.) Survival shouldn't be rare or easily accomplished - it should depend majorly on skill with the assistance of defense. If you have no items, you have no defense.

I

My idea of Easy, doesn’t mean it’s not challenging. Of course Jason needs to strategize and plan his attacks. I like the current balance of this patch, and I’m not asking for the developers to hold Jason’s hand.

Jason just needs to be threat, and now he is, and yet it’s not impossible for counsellors to survive. They just have to work for it now, and not have a victory handed to them on a silver platter every single time.

gg game, i cant find any pocket knifes anymore its bullcrap ive played 8 games and found only 1 time a pocket knife.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I find the game the best it has ever been right now, it's going to take some work to adapt to everything, but that's part of the fun. I agree that if your not fast, and there's no team work then you are probably dead. I think we need to discuss possible counselor strategies, and then popularize the effective ones. 

yeah but 9/10 times you got retarded russians or french or where ever they are from and dont communicate or just screw you over the game was perfect. with the ammouth of pocket knifes, its now like team mode only works, solo playing is terrible and is just a lost match. you think thats good? i think it only has negative effects. i played just 8 games i only found 1 pocket knife. -_-'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aalke said:

yeah but 9/10 times you got retarded russians or french or where ever they are from and dont communicate or just screw you over the game was perfect. with the ammouth of pocket knifes, its now like team mode only works, solo playing is terrible and is just a lost match. you think thats good? i think it only has negative effects. i played just 8 games i only found 1 pocket knife. -_-'

Last 3 games I had. I found 3 pocket knives, as well as a surplus of fire crackers, and bats. Sometimes it’s just luck. This game is intended for team play. However I just survived a match as Jenny and I was a lone wolf the entire time.

More Pocket Knifes lead to Jason not grabbing and we saw a lot of slashing. Counselors never used them on traps, and complained when Jason Slashed them after getting caught in a trap.

So now you have to play smart you have to think, do I need this if I mess up or should I set off the trap to be safe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Last 3 games I had. I found 3 pocket knives, as well as a surplus of fire crackers, and bats. Sometimes it’s just luck. This game is intended for team play. However I just survived a match as Jenny and I was a lone wolf the entire time.

going to stop streaming this game.. i gain to many randoms that dont communicate at all. this game is not ready being this hard or this difficult. its just a big trashy mistake

2 minutes ago, Aalke said:

going to stop streaming this game.. i gain to many randoms that dont communicate at all. this game is not ready being this hard or this difficult. its just a big trashy mistake

DMYxG_s-200x150.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's better the way it is now. I put both my ps4s in a private match and checked every campsite and cabin on 2 different maps and found 4 knives on one and 3 on the other and still sound 5 sprays one of the times. All the matches I played last night I got killed and survived a out half and half. The one match as Jason I played I killed 6/8. All you newer players that never knew how it originally was just came in when it was too easy to survive and got used to it. It needs to stay the way it is and you counselors just need to play better and cooperate with each other.

1 minute ago, BTHRZeroX said:

More Pocket Knifes lead to Jason not grabbing and we saw a lot of slashing. Counselors never used them on traps, and complained when Jason Slashed them after getting caught in a trap.

So now you have to play smart you have to think, do I need this if I mess up or should I set off the trap to be safe.

At least with slashing, you have a means to escape if you can run away.

No one is asking for a surplus of pocket knives, just a reasonable amount. A balanced amount.

Now it's "do I use this pocket knife now on this trap" or "do I use this pocket knife later when I get grabbed back to back." There's really no question, if you have one pocket knife with maybe a few scenario exceptions, you're going to tank the trap if you can help it.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Good. How it’s supposed to be. Go play something else. 

Wow! Such juicy and purposeful feedback!

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

DMYxG_s-200x150.gif

you think its funny? youre probaly not an experienced player. this update of nerfing knifes has come way to early. this game isnt ready for this. 

• Like 1

We Need 2 Diffrent Difficulty modes in this game.

One Mode with lots of weapons and poket Knives.

A Harder More Challenging Mode with less weapons and poket knives.

to make everyone happy.

• Like 1

As already stated: those of us that have been playing since day one know all too well what it was like "in the counselors shoes" prior to the mistake and error (already admitted and acknowledged by the devs) of adding way too many knives as well as med sprays in a previous patch.

This game is not meant to be played in favor of the counselor. That's the bottom line, it's really that simple. Escaping is a hard-earned reward that, when the game is truly balanced, will not happen on a regular basis. On the occassions one is able to escape it should be cause for drinks and fist bumps all around - because it is not supposed to be easily attained and Jason is not supposed to be treated like a pinata and pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Duckodb said:

It's better the way it is now. I put both my ps4s in a private match and checked every campsite and cabin on 2 different maps and found 4 knives on one and 3 on the other and still sound 5 sprays one of the times. All the matches I played last night I got killed and survived a out half and half. The one match as Jason I played I killed 6/8. All you newer players that never knew how it originally was just came in when it was too easy to survive and got used to it. It needs to stay the way it is and you counselors just need to play better and cooperate with each other.

Here we go again...

The way it originally was, was horrible, you could NEVER find anything. Then a little update came and for the most part, balanced the item drops. Then they tried to give counselors more leverage and severely messed up the item spawning. Now it's basically back to being the way it was at launch, hardly finding anything. They should consider reverting back to the way it was before the December patch was released.

@Spinesplitter

The game was never meant to favor counselor or Jason! I never once saw a notice that said "Welcome to Friday the 13th where you are sure to die 75% of the time!" or "Welcome to Friday the 13th where if you're Jason, you're going to get your ass handed to you!"

The real bottom line is -

It needs to be balanced for both counselor and Jason players to be happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Aalke said:

I'm still streaming this game, it's finally fun again!

• Like 3