6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Yeah if I see a trap, why would I waste my pocket knife when I have thick skinned on, a health spray to start with thanks to hypochondriac and medic on? 

tenor.gif

Depends on the situation. If the car door is trapped, all objectives are completed and you have the keys....burn that pocket knife. :)

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

I'd love to see angels like you fly to a trap!

In the current state of the game it shouldn't be a question to tank the trap or not. 

Waste all of Jasons traps by utilizing med sprays,  medic,  and thick skinned. 

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Depends on the situation. If the car door is trapped, all objectives are completed and you have the keys....burn that pocket knife. :)

Even then I wouldn't because of the rubberbanding situation with the car. 

1 minute ago, TheReaper666 said:

I never found pocket knives anyways so I don't really care 

Right

before the patch I might find one in a game and 3 or 4 games later I might of found 3 and then I didn't use them because it was so easy to escape 

Just now, Gummybish said:

Haha true. That happened to me earlier. :)

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Haha true. That happened to me earlier. :)

That happened to me yesterday, and my friends in one match. 

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

In the current state of the game it shouldn't be a question to tank the trap or not. 

Waste all of Jasons traps by utilizing med sprays,  medic,  and thick skinned. 

Exactly what I was trying to explain to the other forum users.

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

They didn't fix that?! Even MORE of a reason to need a pocketknife... there really needs to be some sort of "meet me halfway" with the item spawns...

Just now, stoney said:

Exactly what I was trying to explain to the other forum users.

They didn't fix that?! Even MORE of a reason to need a pocketknife... there really needs to be some sort of "meet me halfway" with the item spawns...

They sadly didn't. It's awful

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I hate that bug with a passion!

Played a bunch of rounds last night and people were able to escape. If you were alone you were guaranteed to be dead meat, but working with other counselors actually works (although there will still be fatalities). 

I think the patch is fine. Jason is scary again, as he should be.

Btw, the suggestion to offer two difficulty modes wouldn’t be a good idea. All that will do is fraction off the player base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aalke said:

you think its funny? youre probaly not an experienced player. this update of nerfing knifes has come way to early. this game isnt ready for this. 

I’m very experienced. I think it’s funny that non backer casuals like you are crying that the game is actually playing like it was always meant to play. Like it played upon release. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

there really needs to be some sort of "meet me halfway" with the item spawns...

There is: the current patch. If you think this is as bad for counselors as launch was, you are sorely mistaken.

100% with you on them needing to fix that car bug, but you don't balance the game around bugs they need to squash.

52 minutes ago, stoney said:

There is only ONE REAL possibility now - TANK THE TRAP.

When I say one real possibility, it's because it's the more effective choice depending on the scenario:

If Jason places one trap by the fuse box - sure use that pocketknife, but don't mess up! Don't have one? Tank it or leave it.

If Jason places more than one trap by the fuse box - Tank it if you have to get his attention either way, due to only having one knife and one or two med sprays (not everyone has the medic perk!)

If Jason places traps by the car - Tank it unless it's only one trap away from being repaired. Very illogical to waste your only knife on a trap by an objective you may or may not mess up on when repairing, unless by chance you have keys. Also, the car is still nerfed.

When using Quick Play, guess what? Most people don't communicate whatsoever and you're forced to make a decision based on pure luck. You cannot depend on someone to be there to aid/protect you if tanking a trap and you cannot depend on someone to repair if you don't. People used to do both of those things... when they had more defense and protection.

Ladies and gentleman, that's what happens when you remove too many essentials from the game. You get an over-powered boss whose controllers love to kiss arse to!

Sounds like most Jason players would gravely prefer if counselors had absolutely nothing from the start of the match to the end!

P.s.- Take into consideration that due to the scarcity of these items, some counselors might not have a knife or health spray. Some players are also very stingy.. those 4 pocket knives and 5 med sprays that just spawned on the map? Yup, all in some noobs inventory pal!

Best Opinion I heard all day.

15 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

This game is going to quickly turn from "finally scared!" to "frustrated because I can never accomplish shit!"

3 out of the 5 times I've escaped today was because the cops were called... on the same noob Jason who still managed to get 6/8 kills at level 15 while playing bag-head. His only mistake? Not finding me and Jarvis before we darted for the exit. 

The other 2 escapes was in a car that Jason didn't want to pursue. Boy, if he had though! Gotta love how the vehicle goes 10 mph and 5 on an incline. Also adore those lag spikes that veers the car into objects and that incredible slingshot glitch!

Just give the new Jasons who don't already know how to use their abilities some time... soon everyone will be banging their heads against a wall. Whoops, all except Jason players!

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I’m very experienced. I think it’s funny that non backer casuals like you are crying that the game is actually playing like it was always meant to play. Like it played upon release. 

OH my gosh! Backers are suddenly more important than other players? Wow, I too wish I could have donated extra money for DLC! Would make me so much more credible than other people who have been playing the game just as long!

4 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

There is: the current patch. If you think this is as bad for counselors as launch was, you are sorely mistaken.

Sarcasm? I sure hope so.

It's not as bad but it is almost as bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Sarcasm? I sure hope so.

Dead serious. All that needs fixing now are windows and bugs like that stupid car rubberband. Launch balance (not bugs, ugh) was great, it was all the stuff they fucked up in between then and now that's led to the current avalanche of salty snowflakes.

31 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Honestly it seems like a lack of communication is the biggest issue right now. Its an unused tool for counselors who ignore the benefit of it. That's not on Jason or the devs, that's on people unwilling to communicate.

This is the biggest problem. Right here. You never had to communicate with anyone after December. I spend probably 60% of the time in quickplay with a full lobby of people with no mic's and now everyone dies. It is still extremely possible to succeed as a counselor if you work as a team . 

There are still enough weapons... I killed Jason three times last night after the patch (with a good mic'd group). There are still plenty of med sprays... I found at least 1, if not 2 in basically every match. I'm glad things went back to the way they were when I started playing in early Oct, where you aren't promised survival. (Those cars though :wacko:)

Use your head. Use your microphone. Use your team. Stop whining. Enjoy your time at camp. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Dead serious. All that needs fixing now are windows and bugs like that stupid car rubberband. Launch balance (not bugs, ugh) was great, it was all the stuff they fucked up in between then and now that's led to the current avalanche of salty snowflakes.

I'm talking about in reference to item spawns only, not the long list of glitches that cater with it. 

Edit:

Shit, sorry misread your post.

The balance before patch 12.12.17 was fine imo...

3 hours ago, sims2series3493 said:

1: Not every counselor is going to use his/her pocket knifes on the traps that Jason sets up, because most of us just want to keep it for our selves to get out of Jason hands once when he grabs us right after he does his shift and then GRAB.

Therefore more pocket knives are required? I hate to break it to you but just a day ago when there was an obscene amount of pocket knives nobody used them on the fucking traps. They just tanked them because the obscene number of pocket knives was accompanied with an obscene amount of health spray. 

Having pocket knives to stab Jason in the neck when he grabs you isn't surviving. Just a day ago everyone wanted to load up on knives because they knew they'd be getting grabbed because the only thing they were trying to do was beat the shit out of Jason. That day it seems is over. Deal with it.

Communication and coordination will create survivors. Repairing the car or boat and leaving the camp is surviving. Calling the police and reaching them is surviving.

Holding a pocket knife is not surviving.

To your other points:

2. Already covered that.

3. Yeah this was constantly a problem before too because so many idiots went speed-looting at the expense of actually attempting to complete objectives so not finding pocket knives, when an obscene amount had been spawning, happened anyways.

4. Again, every idiot and their mother was running around with 2 and 3 knives not doing shit. As we've all seen, an abundance of knives only encourages stupid. If you want to have balls, then just have balls.

5. Already covered.

You're essentially arguing that having more knives somehow means there's going to be this surge of altruistic chivalry and military grade of communication, focus, and teamwork. We dealt with this for months and it clearly breeds nothing of the sort.

• Like 1

Notice how it’s only new people complaining about the much-needed nerf to counselors. Lmao. The game is fun and tense again; FINALLY!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

This game is going to quickly turn from "finally scared!" to "frustrated because I can never accomplish shit!"

3 out of the 5 times I've escaped today was because the cops were called... on the same noob Jason who still managed to get 6/8 kills at level 15 while playing bag-head. His only mistake? Not finding me and Jarvis before we darted for the exit. 

The other 2 escapes was in a car that Jason didn't want to pursue. Boy, if he had though! Gotta love how the vehicle goes 10 mph and 5 on an incline. Also adore those lag spikes that veers the car into objects and that incredible slingshot glitch!

Just give the new Jasons who don't already know how to use their abilities some time... soon everyone will be banging their heads against a wall. Whoops, all except Jason players!

OH my gosh! Backers are suddenly more important than other players? Wow, I too wish I could have donated extra money for DLC! Would make me so much more credible than other people who have been playing the game just as long!

Sarcasm? I sure hope so.

You escaped and you're still complaining, also complaining because low level Jason's are killing councilors. So it was okay for low level councilors to escape 90 % of the time with 2 pocket knives a peice, 50 wrench and med sprats to choose from all  whilst tea bagging and smacking him about for kicks?. Just what is it that you want from the game?  

• Like 1

Honestly...

The patch is a step in the right direction...but it only matters if they follow up with it in one consistent direction.

Jason is still inferior in melee/melee detection/windows unless he has weapon strength so the damage matters. He's still hitting counselors and it offers no effect to them but they can knock him on his ass with a bat, a pan, etc and they can SWING THROUGH HIS SWING!...DUMB. Its a pretty big loophole. It looks silly enough on Jason now, I can't wait to see how dumb it looks with Uber when he hits them with a melee that does nothing to them gameplay wise but a hit from a counselor will knock that big hunk of cybernetic metal on his ass.

Gotta fix it.

I have seen less DANCING, which im happy about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kohagan said:

You escaped and you're still complaining, also complaining because low level Jason's are killing councilors. So it was okay for low level councilors to escape 90 % of the time with 2 pocket knives a peice, 50 wrench and med sprats to choose from all  whilst tea bagging and smacking him about for kicks?. Just what is it that you WANTt from the game?  

I escaped because the Jasons were low-leveled (inexperienced) and unobservant. I have only escaped 5 times today and each time was a Jason player error. If it was a "good" Jason, I surely would have died, as I have the other games (has only played a few games so far today, maybe 8 in total.)

If by "complaining because low level Jason's are killing councilors" you mean noting how inexperienced Jasons are suddenly getting nearly all kills, then yes I am complaining and gladly doing so.

NO NO NO. That is certainly NOT okay and definitely NOT what I have been saying all this time.

Please kindly read my comments so I don't have to reiterate myself. 

To be honest, I don't think I've noticed that big a difference with the amount of pocket knives I can find. I've found one inside a cabin, and I found one by a bonfire spot.

The amount may have been reduced, but I don't think it's as rare as most make it out to be. They can still be found, you just need to be the one to find them first before anyone else can.

And hey, Tommy Jarvis still spawns with a pocket knife.

I'm fine with the lack of knives and sprays, but it would be nice to find a single weapon without searching through 6 cabins (I have actually had this happen in a 1v1 private match). I get that camps aren't meant to have a bunch of weapons, but they really went overboard with that aspect of the nerf.

Seems like balance is always on one side of the spectrum or the other and never down the middle.