18 minutes ago, Caliph said:

The days of a reverse escaping car are over.

That has been an issue since beta that people were complaining about. 

It's nerf was inevitable.

Forward escaping cars are still very hard to stop by non-shift strength Jasons considering you are not hamstrung by going offroad.

If you want a fast car you have perks or you'd need to concede offroad bringing flat tires.

There need to be more items in terms of variations but not more free outs from pocket knives.

You can fight Jason the same as you always could except you don't get the privilege of doing so with each counselor having free outs from the grabs, ridiculous healing potential from an absurd quantity of sprays, an armory of shotguns and 100% chance to stun against a large hitbox.

Having to slash to death counselors because more often than not they have a pocket knife is shit gameplay.

The kill moves are the whole point of the game in regards to Jason.

OK. 

Then bring the car back to it's normal speed going forwards and keep it they way it is going back.

Fix the slingshot glitch.

No, Jason had a major stun-lock problem occurring in October. You could wail on him without him moving and he almost always stunned.

No one is asking for an armory of shotguns. You should rethink about what time period I am referring to versus having PTSD flash backs from what this patch just fixed.

No, killing counselors is the point of the game in regards to Jason. Pamela doesn't say, "Kill them all Jason... with environmental kills." or "Kill them all Jason... with your grab kills."

Just now, stoney said:

Then bring the car back to it's normal speed going forwards and keep it they way it is going back.

No, killing counselors is the point of the game in regards to Jason. Pamela doesn't say, "Kill them all Jason... with environmental kills." or "Kill them all Jason... with your grab kills."

Car speed is fine.    It doesn't need to go back to anything IMO.  

Grab and environmental kills are the MONEY SHOT of this game..

IMO Counselors could use a few more nerfs...

15 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Mehh Game is trash.  Gave them multiple chances to improve it for everyone.  They didn't deliver.  They had to either make it cakewalk for the counselors or make it a cakewalk for Jason.  Couldn't make equal for everyone.  The developers just don't "get it".  Tells me they probably hardly ever played the game.  They just wanted to take people's money.    Onto Alien Isolation and Assassin's creed.  FAR superior games 

Seriously. YOU just don’t “get it”. This game is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EQUAL!!! At all!! You don’t “get it”. So this game isn’t for you. Go play something else.

The issue is Stoney you want the game your way and it is contrary to far more peoples desire. 

So while we can go back and forth endlessly it serves no point.

A solid majority of those remaining and specifically those who make their voices heard are in disagreement with you.

We will simply have to agree to disagree.

10 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Seriously. YOU just don’t “get it”. This game is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EQUAL!!! At all!! You don’t “get it”. So this game isn’t for you. Go play something else.

A GAME  is supposed to be enjoyable for EVERYONE (Which is how you grow your franchise) .  Not just one side.  So yes I do get it.. This isn't a Friday the 13th movie.  Its a GAME!!!!!!  And in a game you should be having fun playing with all characters.   Its alright though.. A year from now,  probably hardly anyone will be playing it anyways. Unless they fix their balance issues. (Which they have already seemed incapable of doing).

People rage quitting all over the place (before Jason and now the counselors which is worse...) because the balance sucks, doesn't scream "Great future" to me 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

The issue is Stoney you want the game your way and it is contrary to far more peoples desire. 

So while we can go back and forth endlessly it serves no point.

A solid majority of those remaining and specifically those who make their voices heard are in disagreement with you.

We will simply have to agree to disagree.

I don't want it "my" way. If I wanted it "my" way, force grab would be back, Jason would have layered traps, he'd spawn with 10 throwing knives and more traps, and part 7 Jason would have never been as crap as he is today.

I want it to be the "balanced" way.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Where is everyone getting this notion that there are 4 pocket knives in every match then Jarvis with the 5th?

MAYBE on large maps in order to compensate for how expansive they are, but I have yet to see test done on this.

It is 3 on the small maps for sure, 4 when Jarvis spawns in.

Okay maps that are small or big should at least have 5 knives at least, tommy is the 6th but then you still have players who would take three of those knives and horde them. So that leaves say only two for two people and then you have Tommy with his. People will still horde but those who find them can share, when I find a pocket knife I always give it to the fixers then me. I'm battle chad lol I'm trying to help them. That's where it comes down too, people abusing items. Reason why team killing is gone, I miss it but I saw the dangers of it from the trolls. 

• Like 1

Just now, DorianRo said:

A GAME  is supposed to be enjoyable for EVERYONE (Which is how you grow your franchise) .  Not just one side.  So yes I do get it.. This isn't a Friday the 13th movie.  Its a GAME!!!!!!  And in a game you should be having fun playing with all characters

Its a game based on Friday the 13th..    So, if you can't accept dying ALOT and enjoy the game for what it is..  then maybe this game is not for you.

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its a game based on Friday the 13th..    So, if you can't accept dying ALOT and enjoy the game for what it is..  then maybe this game is not for you.

The game won't be pretty much for  anyone if they are just going to get demolished every time (some within minutes) and then have to wait around for another 10-15 minutes (if host doesn't quit) to play again.  Kind of illogical to me plopping down 40 bucks to sit around and WAIT for games to end or host disconnects. (Which seems to happen a lot now) 

40 minutes ago, stoney said:

I don't want it "my" way. If I wanted it "my" way, force grab would be back, Jason would have layered traps, he'd spawn with 10 throwing knives and more traps, and part 7 Jason would have never been as crap as he is today.

I want it to be the "balanced" way.

Calling your way "balanced" doesn't change anything.

You are being passive aggressive with anyone who disagrees with you and it can be inferred that you think yourself to be the unbiased mediator of what a balanced game looks like.

Balanced does not mean equal.

Jason plays 7 on 1 sometimes 8 with a time restriction that punishes him and not the team.

Time runs out they escape they don't succumb. 

From a strict numbers perspective, 1 or 0 should escape.

Not 4.

There is no logic in someone playing 8 on 1 and a half escaping.

37 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

A GAME  is supposed to be enjoyable for EVERYONE (Which is how you grow your franchise) .  Not just one side.  So yes I do get it.. This isn't a Friday the 13th movie.  Its a GAME!!!!!!  And in a game you should be having fun playing with all characters.   Its alright though.. A year from now,  probably hardly anyone will be playing it anyways. Unless they fix their balance issues. (Which they have already seemed incapable of doing).

People rage quitting all over the place (before Jason and now the counselors which is worse...) because the balance sucks, doesn't scream "Great future" to me 

NO game is enjoyable for everyone. A lot of people are looking foward to the Superbowl but I think that American football is lame (for instance). You are talking about an unrealistic ideal. It isn’t possible to make everybody happy. The people that decide that they don’t like the game are just going to have to move along to something else. Infinite bitching isn’t going to change any minds here. 

44 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

A game doesn't require balance to still be fun. Hell, Marvel vs Capcom 2 is one of my favorite games ever and there's drastic imbalance in that game. Imbalance is the whole point of an asymmetrical multiplayer game. 7 players vs 1 super strong player. No differently than playing Juggernaut in Halo or Evolve. The 7 other players can try to mount a defensive or offensive strategy against the 1 stronger player, but they'll likely lose a few times before they win. Sometimes playing the stealthy lone wolf is the better options and hoping the others distract Jason long enough to let you accomplish an escape method. There's still plenty of fun in this game, despite it's flaws.

There's a real raw thrill that comes with trying to escape from Jason while he's hunting you, or successfully stunning him to give you some time to run. One of my favorite gaming memories is a match where I was one of the last players left and Jason was chasing me. I jumped into a locked cabin, ran into the bedroom area, opened a single window and then hid under a bed. I watched the Jason come in, see the window and then run out to try and chase me. I successfully slipped out and ran the other way to get enough distance so he couldn't sense me and ended up surviving that match via time expiring. Those sorts of organic survival moments aren't guaranteed in every match, but thrilling when they happen. 

Calling your way "balanced" doesn't change anything.

You are being passive aggressive with anyone who disagrees with you by claiming to be the end all unbiased mediator of what a balanced game looks like.

It's a suggestion. A suggestion to balance the game. 

Saying "your way" is balanced is not balanced at all and it's evident to see it.

I am not claiming to be anything at all. All I have ever done was express my argument. I can't help people are experiencing misapprehension and are imagining I'm saying, meaning, or apparently claiming things that I'm not.

@stoney you've made your suggestions, most people didn't agree with them. No point in reiterating the same thing over and over. 

Now let's all move on to discuss other areas of the game. :)

30 minutes ago, stoney said:

It's a suggestion. A suggestion to balance the game. 

Saying "your way" is balanced is not balanced at all and it's evident to see it.

I am not claiming to be anything at all. All I have ever done was express my argument. I can't help people are experiencing misapprehension and are imagining I'm saying, meaning, or apparently claiming things that I'm not.

Your suggestions do nothing to balance the game and are simply a reverse engineered path to allowing counselors to troll Jason and make light of him again.

You have already accepted that the era before the last patch is over and you are intelligent enough to know that the patch isn't going to be completely reverted so the next best thing is to go back to a time where you didn't have quite as much power as a day ago but still enough to treat Jason as a boss to be beaten and not a threat to be lucky to survive against.

But here's the deal.

You can not simply keep the current Jason and plop him into that game with counselors from July/October.

That won't work because the changes to date have been in waves and did not happen in a vacuum. 

They were made incrementally based on the circumstances at the time.

Further, to do so would make the time expended from the changes meaningless.

You joined Sunday.

For someone claiming to have been concerned with things since July/October you certainly didn't come to the forums to express it.

That strikes many as disingenuous.

You didn't appear to have an issue that the public can discern until the latest patch.

Also as a side note, I edited my OP while you were responding to it and changed "claimed" to "it can be inferred" because you didn't actually claim anything. That said if you are one in a large group of contributors that seems to think everyone else is wrong but you know what is right it can be inferred that you believe yourself the better judge.

15 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Your suggestions do nothing to balance the game and are simply a reverse engineered path to allowing counselors to troll Jason and make light of him again.

You have already accepted that the era before the last patch is over and you are intelligent enough to know that the patch isn't going to be completely reverted so the next best thing is to go back to a time where you didn't have quite as much power as a day ago but still enough to treat Jason as a boss to be beaten and not a threat to be lucky to survive against.

But here's the deal.

You can not simply keep the current Jason and plop him into that game with counselors from July/October.

That won't work because the changes to date have been in waves and did not happen in a vacuum. 

They were made incrementally based on the circumstances at the time.

Further, to do so would make the time expended from the changes meaningless.

You joined Sunday.

For someone claiming to have been concerned with things since July/October you certainly didn't come to the forums to express it.

That strikes many as disingenuous.

You didn't appear to have an issue that the public can discern until the latest patch.

Also as a sidenote, I edited my OP while you responding to it and changed "claimed" to "it can be inferred" because you didn't actually claim anything.

It is not to troll Jason. Was Jason being trolled from patch 7.28.17 to 9.21.17?

NO.

You don't have to have an account to see and read on here. I never felt compelled to create an account until early January after I reached 150. But apparently, the sign ups were closed at the time and so I came back recently to finally make an account.

If you're going to assume visitors don't come to these forums just to browse and not have input, then you're wrong.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

The days of a reverse escaping car are over.

That has been an issue since beta that people were complaining about. 

Its nerf was inevitable.

Forward escaping cars are still very hard to stop by non-shift strength Jasons considering you are not hamstrung by going offroad.

If you want a fast car you have perks or you'd need to concede offroad bringing flat tires.

There need to be more items in terms of variation but not more free outs from pocket knives.

You can fight Jason the same as you always could except you don't get the privilege of doing so with each counselor having free outs from the grabs, ridiculous healing potential from an absurd quantity of sprays, an armory of shotguns and 100% chance to stun against a large hitbox.

Having to slash to death counselors because more often than not they have a pocket knife is shit gameplay.

The kill moves are the whole point of the game in regards to Jason.

It seems at the core you want just enough room to win and be able to troll Jason while doing so.

To this, I and others say no. 

If you win it should be by the hair of your head and with no room for taunts or trolling.

I've never seen a car reverse escape a Jason that didn't deserve. Shift behind the car stopping it for free and then end the shift by the driver door for a free grab.

Cars were slowed down so that -shift Jason could catch them and offroading the only skill involved in a car is essentially non-existent on the newer maps by design. Jason failed to defend the car but we need to give him another break and slow the car overall while making the main roads the only way out on the new maps because anything but a directly oncoming car would be too difficult.

Concede that skill edgameplay shouldn't be rewarded? Not surprising.

I think this is the only new item most Jason mains would agree is okay.

giphy.gif

Actually fighting has been massively nerfed for counselors multiple times. Attack canceling? Gone. Swing stancing? Gone. Good hit detection? Gone. Half decent stun duration? Gone.

Less we forget that all these maps are in America the land of over-consumption and the first amendment where but the maps are barren of almost any items for some reason.

"Using counterplay to items I don't like isn't fun so they need to be removed."

The only reason to play Jason is to see the same repetitive kills every match? News to me.

It seems you want Jason to be a cakewalk so that even a birdbrained mouth breather is dangerous to good players.

If you win in this game it should happen because you outskilled them not because the killer is balanced for 2 year olds and the maps themselves work against you. Objective stacking on top of completely random objective item spawns on top of completely random objectives(excluding phone) that barely can get the majority out isn't fun.

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Dude... as i said before, use your time to adjust and get better as a counsellor instead of wasting it on here crying. Its not hard to survive if you play smart. 

21 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

@stoney you've made your suggestions, most people didn't agree with them. No point in reiterating the same thing over and over. 

Now let's all move on to discuss other areas of the game. :)

Just leave this thread if you have such an issue with discussing WHAT this thread is about.

Well, technically the thread is about the pocket knife changes leading to a reduced chance of surviving.

To that, the answer is yes, working as intended.

A much better experience for Jason because of it.

An experience that was to the levels of annoyance where most of the population refused to play as the star of the game.

Well, technically the thread is about the pocket knife changes leading to a reduced chance of surviving.

To that, the answer is yes, working as intended.

A much better experience for Jason because of it.

An experience that was to the levels of annoyance where most of the population refused to play as the star of the game.

And he apparently doesn't like people discussing the OP's point of view, which also encases the lack of spawn items in general if you read the OPs comments later on.

If I'm over shooting this, then sorry. I just don't how else to put it:

PEOPLE DIDN'T START BEATING ON JASON UNTIL AFTER PATCH 9.21.17.

THIS PATCH IS WHAT PEOPLE RELATE TO THE OCTOBER HORROR.

FOLLOWING THAT PATCH, THE DECEMBER NIGHTMARE CAME WITH IT'S ABUNDANCE OF SPAWN ITEMS.

I. AM. NOT. TALKING. ABOUT. THESE. TWO. TIME. PERIODS. WHATSOEVER. 

Let's nail down some more specifics. 

How many knives and sprays do you think should be on a map considering the ease in which Jason is stunned with sucker punch, the trap tanking ability of thick skin, the hypochondriac perk, sprays able to be dropped and picked up again for full refills and the ability to window loop?

I don't think anyone cares about firecrackers as they require some skill to use and can be avoided.

Just now, Caliph said:

Let's nail down some more specifics. 

How many knives and sprays do you think should be on a map considering the ease in which Jason is stunned with sucker punch, the trap tanking ability of thick skin, the hypochondriac perk and sprays able to be dropped and picked up again for full refills?

You can not balance the game around perks.

Not everyone has those perks and to assume they do is inequitable. 

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

You can not balance the game around perks.

Not everyone has those perks and to assume they do is inequitable. 

You absolutely have to balance the game around the possibilities or you end up with invulnerable counselors.

I don't think you thought that through.

Or more than likely it's inconvenient to your arguments.

Epic Thick Skinned and its change jog your memory?

You balance the game assuming the best of everything so it's balanced when players have the best of everything and until you are at that point you are disadvantaged.

Each upgrade you collect puts you on a better footing.

You absolutely have to balance the game around the possibilities or you end up with invulnerable counselors.

I don't think you thought that through.

Or more than likely it's inconvenient to your arguments.

Okay.

Why not balance it around a Stoiker Kalei Jason player who almost always gets 8/8. That's a possibility isn't it? Make it to where Jason needs less because the pro player is so damn good. 

Never heard my friend crying over matches as he slashed away during the item spawn crisis. Never saw him get stunned repeatedly because he has incredible combat.

Everyone always died. With him, since launch, in Quick Play or Private Matches, almost everyone always died. 2 escapes were his max to date. A true, skilled, avid Jason player.

The only one who appears to be grasping for an argument right now is you.

• Like 1