Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyIsBae

Fixers in the new patch

After 3 matches, the new Jason changes have hit slow counselors really hard. Fast Jason’s can easily catch up to Debs, or Lachappas. The game favors speed and stamina even more now. 

I agree to an extant. I wondered how it was gonna play out for them. And it looks like it's not in their favor at all. Although I haven't played them myself yet, so I can't comment much.

The fast counselors are more likely to survive because their job is to distract Jason. Slow ones have other advantages that should be used as well. Their specialty is not running away from Jason. They should only run when is necessary. 

People should not expect to survive when playing as slow counselors and seeing Jason all the time. They should evade him and hope for Jason to not find them again.

In short: That's how it works. Stop complaining and adapt!

1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

The fast counselors are more likely to survive because their job is to distract Jason. Slow ones have other advantages that should be used as well. Their specialty is not running away from Jason. They should only run when is necessary. 

People should not expect to survive when playing as slow counselors and seeing Jason all the time. They should evade him and hope for Jason to not find them again.

Still feel bad for repairers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

We’ve all adapted. Everyone knew slow counselors or fixers were already underpowered even before the October patch. The game revolves around speed and luck, if you don’t have 1 atleast you’re already at a huge disadvantage. The new Jason buffs, hurt them even more now. They’re putting themselves in a huge risk playing them, and being uselful.

As a Jenny main, right now, my survival rate has plummeted. Not willing to give up on her just yet. I can still give Jason a good run, but making it across a small map is barely possible. Jason's that I used to own now seem to be right on my heels the whole time, and I love it. Jason should be near unstoppable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

We’ve all adapted. Everyone knew slow counselors or fixers were already underpowered even before the October patch. The game revolves around speed and luck, if you don’t have 1 atleast you’re already at a huge disadvantage. The new Jason buffs, hurt them even more now. They’re putting themselves in a huge risk playing them, and being uselful.

I guess they'll have to consider swapping Sense and Stalk to help make Stealth fixers more useful. ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I guess they'll have to consider swapping Sense and Stalk to help make Stealth fixers more useful. ?

I will gladly donate money for this. 

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yeeeeesssss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

After 3 matches, the new Jason changes have hit slow counselors really hard. Fast Jason’s can easily catch up to Debs, or Lachappas. The game favors speed and stamina even more now. 

Exactly, it was obvious it would have this impact. Counselors can't hide for long if they want to accomplish anything in the match, so Stealth means very little and the price you pay for being high Repair is you are disadvantaged in every other way.  

Luck, Speed and Stamina will always be the most important stats. Even a Chad with below average Stamina can do just fine however, as high weapon durability means he can keep regaining stamina through combat, and he has the high Speed to quickly create distance. 

Ultimately, less weapons = more value in Luck stat, and increased Jason speed = more value in mobility stats. 

There would be some improvement for Stealth-prioritised counselors if Sense and Stalk were swapped, but they are always going to be more disadvantaged over the course of the match due to their overall stats allocation. If they pair up with protectors then their Stealth advantage is gone anyway, since they will be easily identified by the pings of their team mate.

I don’t think it’s detrimental, you just need to play smart avoid any direct confrontation with Jason.  With Jason’s grab buff, you can’t be cocky anymore.

Tonight I've played 4 games 3 on PineHurst 1 on Packanack.   I survived two on PineHurst and died on Packanack and one on PineHurst.   Both times I died because I got caught out in the open because the faster councelors were too busy speed looting to be bothered with dropping off parts.  Even though I died, I was final girl and managed to avoid Jason until he had rage.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Exactly, it was obvious it would have this impact. Counselors can't hide for long if they want to accomplish anything in the match, so Stealth means very little and the price you pay for being high Repair is you are disadvantaged in every other way.  

Luck, Speed and Stamina will always be the most important stats. Even a Chad with below average Stamina can do just fine however, as high weapon durability means he can keep regaining stamina through combat, and he has the high Speed to quickly create distance. 

Ultimately, less weapons = more value in Luck stat, and increased Jason speed = more value in mobility stats. 

There would be some improvement for Stealth-prioritised counselors if Sense and Stalk were swapped, but they are always going to be more disadvantaged over the course of the match due to their overall stats allocation.

Repair and Stealth have diminishing returns. They have to fix before rage, or they have no purpose. Luck and Speed will always be useful and never lose purpose at any point in the game. 

Oh, I can still farm stamina off Jason like Chad but I create very little distance for the risk involved. As for the switch of Stalk and Sense it never made much sense that Stalk isn't your second power. I assumed it was something that they worked out in beta, but with the way balance is now, the switch might be the thing that needs to happen. If the Devs want I'm sure the people in this forum would gladly test it out.

37 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Repair and Stealth have diminishing returns. They have to fix before rage, or they have no purpose. Luck and Speed will always be useful and never lose purpose at any point in the game. 

Rage does actually reduce Jason's visibility of pings, but the huge increase in Sense and guaranteed detection in hiding spots largely negates the benefits of less pings.

You are absolutely correct that Luck and Speed will always be useful, and that's because they are endurance stats. A stat like Repair however is only useful for the duration it takes to repair objectives, which amounts to seconds in a match even if you repaired everything including power boxes. You will typically use the stat for less than 1% of total match duration, and heavily pay for it in stats you use for the other 99%.

We can take this further and say high Repair only really matters for its speed when under pressure, since even low Repair counselors can repair if Jason isn't present / unable to stop you due to Morph cooldown. So even tanked traps / failed skill checks can go unpunished.  

Repairers can hide just fine if you hide before you see Jason, keep the power going and do not make sounds to give away that you are in fact in that area before Jason uses sense.

It's not easy, it isn't meant to be.

The only movement you typically want to do is going for a repair or when you know Jason is somewhere else and you can reposition.

This includes cabin hopping for items.

Leaving doors unbarricaded is a gamble. It gives a camouflage to typical behavior but your fear elevates quicker.

Stay put.

If you want to scout then play a scout like Tiffany.

If you want to lead Jason on chases, Vanessa.

Perks that help with sense avoidance are not to be underestimated.

One successful avoid can net you minutes of survival.

Ideally, someone should be bringing things to you though it's true that in a quickplay game this is rare. 

At least for now.

You can not win the game by yourself against a good Jason so do not put that burden on your shoulders.

If your team throws themselves away without at least burning time off the clock there was nothing you could do.

While it is true that the repair skill is only used specifically for repairing if you play against me and fail a repair I will be there to murder you so not failing is a good idea. I will stop a chase to kill you as the repair is more important to stop, typically.

I didn't get to play yet but I feared this much after reading the patch notes, AJ's, Deb and Chappies are always the easiest targets.

I'm okay with it... But I also think it's time to make stealth feel more rewarding. 

Completely agree with you!

Runners were already meta before this patch, these changes just hit fixers even more. Really sad to see vanessas running around fixing cars instead of deb or lechappa who are intended to do so.

4 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I didn't get to play yet but I feared this much after reading the patch notes, AJ's, Deb and Chappies are always the easiest targets.

I'm okay with it... But I also think it's time to make stealth feel more rewarding. 

Stealth should’ve been changed a long time ago. If the devs have seen the many threads on how useless stealth is then they would’ve done something by now.

11 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Stealth should’ve been changed a long time ago. If the devs have seen the many threads on how useless stealth is then they would’ve done something by now.

Not to mention Strength, which is the most worthless stat IMO. It may as well not even exist in the game in its current form. Even a counselor with below average Strength can demask Jason with machete in the time it takes him to break down a door. Failing that, a group of counselors can do it in no time flat. After that Strength serves no purpose, it won't help you for grab escapes if Jason activates Choke, and to the best of my knowledge, its impact on Stun duration in testing has been inconclusive. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Not to mention Strength, which is the most worthless stat IMO. It may as well not even exist in the game in its current form. Even a counselor with below average Strength can demask Jason with machete in the time it takes him to break down a door. Failing that, a group of counselors can do it in no time flat. After that Strength serves no purpose, it won't help you for grab escapes if Jason activates Choke, and to the best of my knowledge, its impact on Stun duration in testing has been inconclusive. 

No wonder why Shelly is never played.

28 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Even worse, strength can actually hurt counselors more by the fact that doing damage to Jason increases how quickly his Rage Mode activates. While it's true you can demask Jason quickly, there's also the possibility that the sweater girl ends up getting caught or Tommy Jarvis is afk because the dude was taking a piss break.

Stealth, at the very least, just doesn't do much later on in the match. Strength really needs some utility purposes besides "piss Jason off faster" reasons.

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

No wonder why Shelly is never played.

Agreed. There is no role Shelly fills that cannot be filled better by someone else in the roster. 

2 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

They didn't have to make Jason faster tbh

I don't have a problem with it. He feels better to play, has better agility. An easy fix would be to make the slow counselors a little faster, as the slight increase in Jason speed is barely noticeable for fast counselors. 

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Agreed. There is no role Shelly fills that cannot be filled better by someone else in the roster. 

I don't have a problem with it. He feels better to play, has better agility. An easy fix would be to make the slow counselors a little faster, as the slight increase in Jason speed is barely noticeable for fast counselors. 

They made Jason more fluid and smooth. While making fixers more clumpy and less enjoyable. Meanwhile Chad and Vanessa are still meta counselors.