Rate the Update  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Update - A scale from 1 to 5

5 minutes ago, Caulus said:

@KartRacerRob Quote above.

I agree. I'm still upset that I/we don't have the old game, but this is better than nothing.

I think we should ask for the "Force Grab" to be given back to walking Jasons. I might start a poll.

Running Jasons will be good once they figure out the radius, but walking Jasons need the old grab, imo.

That would be incredibly difficult to balance out a further grab radius for certain Jason's over others without making one section OP. The walking Jason's already have certain elements to balance them against the running Jasons like faster morph/shift charging and more traps/knives. Adding a wider grab range would likely make them the way more played option cause their shift/grab mechanic would become a significant advantage, especially with the decrease in pocket knives now. 

6 hours ago, Chetork said:

I kinda already said this, but I'll say it again.

When books are made into movies, writers change the content. Books and Movies are two completely different forms of audience that require different pacing, different formats, and reach different audiences.

friday the 13th game is a game based off of the movies. In the movies he usually kills off most of the cast, but leaves some lone survivors thanks to movie logic. This is a game though, and when one class is overpowered than the other players will tend to quit if the game becomes too difficult.

I agreed with everyone with reduced pocket knives and medspray, but the grab changes and speed changes have left counselors in a state where they are getting wiped completely pretty much every match.

Jason shouldn't just be "OP cus his movie was OP" that's not how you make a good game, nor a game people will spend $40 on and play.

Exactly.. The game needs to be balanced and enjoyable for ALL involved.  Like I said yesterday, this could make more quit.  Sure its better now to be Jason, but how often are you Jason in online play?  Not very often. You're mainly a counselor.  If you want to make the game exactly like the movie, Give us all different patch difficulty levels for Online Play or do a freakin Story Mode for the game.  Games are going to be at their most enjoyable when they aren't balanced for everyone.    And if they beef up Jason and make him faster and give us Roy as Jason, then the counselors have to at least keep their arsenal of weapons to stand a chance of surviving.  Not get killed off in a minute 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Exactly.. The game needs to be balanced and enjoyable for ALL involved.  Like I said yesterday, this could make more quit.  Sure its better now to be Jason, but how often are you Jason in online play?  Not very often. You're mainly a counselor.  If you want to make the game exactly like the movie, Give us all different patch difficulty levels for Online Play or do a freakin Story Mode for the game.  Games are going to be at their most enjoyable when they aren't balanced for everyone.    And if they beef up Jason and make him faster and give us Roy as Jason, then the counselors have to at least keep their arsenal of weapons to stand a chance of surviving.  Not get killed off in a minute 

Being a counselor has never been a bad experience. At launch, it was tough, but fully possible to survive. There was an update and then the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION began. Now, the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION is on a SHORT hiatus. You'll be able to twerk all over T-Rex Camp 'Tard again in about three days (when you and the rest of the comrades learn the new map). You have enough equipment to assault a police barracks (instead of enough to take out a small third world country); you're really in a great position. Jason still can't hit or grab you without standing on your neck. Heaven above help you if the grab nerf is ever truly undone; none of you will ever survive.

30 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

It really depends on where you played. If you played in private matches with organized groups of people it was probably too easy which it probably still is because split pushing is the only thing Jason can't counter but if you played in quickplay where you have no control over your team mates and can't make them do objectives or anything then no. It wasn't uncommon to see good Jason players sweep entire teams of counselors in quick play even some "good" counselors who abused a plethora of glitches were easily dispatched. A side note, Jason killed most of the people in the movies before he was known to the remaining people which at that point he usually got his shit stuffed in by the 1-2 remaining people and he has 7 people in the game who knows that he is there.

I'm hoping the game wasn't intended to be a fun lottery because that is what pushed people away from the game in the first place. Do you remember when the game first came out and it was bumping until people figured out it was fun lottery and we are at the point where DbD now outnumbers the player base of this game 10:1 on PC. The game is probably doing okay on consoles where game selection is incredibly low but on PC they couldn't kill it any quicker.

A lot of the balance issues aren't why people switch to DbD.  Obviously for some it is. I think most of it comes down to the content and amount of killers DBD has compared to Friday. Almost every slasher fan has their own killer. It also has to do with bugs in game. DBD has more frequent updates, better servers, and more maps. Also, you can always choose between playing killer only or survivor only. Point is, several factors go into why that is true, not just balance. 

In my opinion, this patch once again shows symptoms of too much at once. First off, you will never please everyone, that has to be accepted. However, when you notice arguments swaying strongly from one side to another, it's too much too soon.  This is one of the biggest arguments I have for more frequent patches. Change a little bit at a time. Test the waters to see feedback. Then it is easier to revert changes if the community and fan base hate it.  Also, bugs can be found with changes quicker as well as you can notice difference in player count quicker - reflecting whether people hate something and stop playing or whatever it may be.

Before the patch, I have around 20 Jason kills this year alone(January isnt even over), and most of them came in Quick Match with random players. Some without mics, even a couple with 11 year old kids.  That's how I know the balance was incredibly off. Now, I haven't survived since the patch. Then again I have mainly played on Pinehurst and have gotten close twice but it seems Jason stops cars much easier now. That's a sign that things shifted heavily.

Lowering amount of items was great. Lowering amount of weapons is good. Increasing Jason speed is good. All done at once, you have a quick serial killer chasing you and only empty drawers to defend yourself with. I think this creates a more terrifying experience. I also think it makes us rely on teamwork again which was much needed.

1 hour ago, Kalist said:

The range shouldn't have been increased at all, but they still did. The width is improved tho, so no more grabbing straight through counselors.

Bullshit. Counselors trapped in a corner still avoid the T-Rex lunge. Jason still cannot grab out a full arm length. Jason mains got (AT MOST) an additional inch of grab range in this ridiculous box grab area (instead of the original cone that accurately represents the human ability to extend your arm to its full length and touch something). Just like DbD, counselor mains are going to cry endlessly to the devs until the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION rules the game. You'll be twerking in Kane Hodder's face again come Saturday night. At most, you lost 10 escapes from the patch. Jason mains have lost all self respect. I have had 1/4th of my boat getaways as a counselor on the new map. 1/3rd of my Jason kills (as a counselor) after this update. Jason is still a soft, weak camp waterhead just like you like him because you're too much of a soft bitch to step up to any sort of challenge. Guess the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION is here to stay. SAD! Looking forward to LAST YEAR; maybe they won't nerf the killer into oblivion.

• Sad 1

There are still things that need adjusted but this is a huge step in the right direction.

I do feel the counselor salt is at an all time high in my short time in game.

I finally got to be Jason today in Pinehurst. I morph to the phone box and drop my traps. I see a ping in the upstairs of the house. A player is in Violet's room with the door looked. That made me scratch my head but whatever. I break the door down, grab and as the animation is playing out I said aloud "I really hope this isn't the host".

Guess what?

Host disconnected. I take it as a big victory with a price myself. I don't know why you would corner yourself in an objective house and then get mad you got ganked.

Rookie Jason users (Such as myself) with limited experience should NOT be getting easy 7/8 or 8/8 kills every match.  Jason buffed up with an iron grab and faster, should mean give the Counselors a fucking  arsenal to deal with it.  I hate being a counselor worse now than I hated being Jason before.   Some kid hosted a game as Jason maybe 30 mins ago (Couldn't have been older than 10) whipped the dogshit out of us as Roy.    

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

A lot of the balance issues aren't why people switch to DbD.  Obviously for some it is. I think most of it comes down to the content and amount of killers DBD has compared to Friday. Almost every slasher fan has their own killer. It also has to do with bugs in game. DBD has more frequent updates, better servers, and more maps. Also, you can always choose between playing killer only or survivor only. Point is, several factors go into why that is true, not just balance. 

In my opinion, this patch once again shows symptoms of too much at once. First off, you will never please everyone, that has to be accepted. However, when you notice arguments swaying strongly from one side to another, it's too much too soon.  This is one of the biggest arguments I have for more frequent patches. Change a little bit at a time. Test the waters to see feedback. Then it is easier to revert changes if the community and fan base hate it.  Also, bugs can be found with changes quicker as well as you can notice difference in player count quicker - reflecting whether people hate something and stop playing or whatever it may be.

Before the patch, I have around 20 Jason kills this year alone(January isnt even over), and most of them came in Quick Match with random players. Some without mics, even a couple with 11 year old kids.  That's how I know the balance was incredibly off. Now, I haven't survived since the patch. Then again I have mainly played on Pinehurst and have gotten close twice but it seems Jason stops cars much easier now. That's a sign that things shifted heavily.

Lowering amount of items was great. Lowering amount of weapons is good. Increasing Jason speed is good. All done at once, you have a quick serial killer chasing you and only empty drawers to defend yourself with. I think this creates a more terrifying experience. I also think it makes us rely on teamwork again which was much needed.

I am sure people switched to DbD so that they could switch out their singular special move between all the killers when Jason basically has most of their specials in his kit already. It has less to do with overall bugs as DbD was plagued with them from beta into launch and well past where F13 is currently in its life and it didn't kill them but the overall faster balance and rebalance that is constantly happening in that game is more appealing.

I can agree that they balance much too heavily one way or the other with the patches here but a symptom of that is they do the easiest and laziest possible solutions that end up negatively impacting the game. For instance the speed buff Jason got, instead of doing that they should have just reduced the overall top jogging speed of the faster counselors while slightly reducing the slower ones that way Jason just doesn't completely hunt them down in seconds but instead they opted for the lazy fix.

That doesn't mean the balance is off but that the bad players are doing bad because they played bad. There is plenty of ways to stop the kill option from coming into play, blocking, knocking out power, killing the sweater girl, trapping the shack if you think they are going for a kill or after a demask with no sweater notification, killing Tommy or the other side having no female characters in general. Thats the way the game should be played.  I've killed a few Jasons before the patch as well but its because they weren't very good. The outcome should rest on the player because of skill/choices not because the devs have to intervene.

A few pocketknives removed is fine I guess even though slashing completely counters them. All they had to do to fix first aid sprays is slightly lower them and remove medic and just give more worthwhile perks. Overall if they added more worthwhile inventory items you would probably see a lot less pocketknife/medic first aid spray hoarding but again lazy and easy fixes. I don't find the experience terrifying but extremely tedious every round as you can't force your team mates to do anything that they don't want to.

50 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Rookie Jason users (Such as myself) with limited experience should NOT be getting easy 7/8 or 8/8 kills every match.  Jason buffed up with an iron grab and faster, should mean give the Counselors a fucking  arsenal to deal with it.  I hate being a counselor worse now than I hated being Jason before.   Some kid hosted a game as Jason maybe 30 mins ago (Couldn't have been older than 10) whipped the dogshit out of us as Roy.    

That's because counselors who can actually play the objective > Counselors who can beat up Jason.

People are gonna have to learn that the objective means taking parts to objectives and getting repairs done. The combat is there to protect while said repairs are being completed...

I just finished up a decent play session. Got to put some time in...It's remarkable just how bad most counselor players are, and this update is really shining a light on it. So many counselors pick up parts and leave them for others to grab...That's bullshit. I just ran over someone on my way out because he made me go all the way across the map to fetch gas, haul it all the way back, gas up and start the car myself. I told him I was running his ass over on the way out, too. I had already put the battery in because I spawned in a cabin with it and found the keys...

Teamwork is the key to survival. Another counselor next to you is just as good (if not better) than a pocket knife. People just have to re-learn how to play the game. This update was a huge step in the right direction.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

That's because counselors who can actually play the objective > Counselors who can beat up Jason.

People are gonna have to learn that the objective means taking parts to objectives and getting repairs done. The combat is there to protect while said repairs are being completed...

I just finished up a decent play session. Got to put some time in...It's remarkable just how bad most counselor players are, and this update is really shining a light on it. So many counselors pick up parts and leave them for others to grab...That's bullshit. I just ran over someone on my way out because he made me go all the way across the map to fetch gas, haul it all the way back, gas up and start the car myself. I told him I was running his ass over on the way out, too.

Teamwork is the key to survival. Another counselor next to you is just as good (if not better) than a pocket knife. People just have to re-learn how to play the game. This update was a huge step in the right direction.

That's why teamwork is needed for this game, players need to work together. 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

A lot of 10 year olds are good gamers man.

1 hour ago, Jballz said:

A lot of 10 year olds are good gamers man.

Mehhh.. Its too damn easy being Jason now.  And too difficult being a counselor.  Before, great sucked being Jason didn't have to play with him alll the time.  Now that it sucks being a counselor you have no choice as you usually have to be a counselor and Im sure most everyone wants to be Jason.  (Since its 1000x easier now and they set their spawn preference as Jason) 

I can't escape for shit being a counselor now.    But being Jason?  Cakewalk at least 7/8 every time.  Unbalanced game continues.  Make it fun for EVERYONE.  Not just the counselors or Jason depending on the patch. 

And whats up with the traps?  Seems like theres a million of them.  Every window you sneak out of theres a trap.  I never remember all that before the last 3-4 months playing before this patch 

Been playing offline mode as Roy on Pinehurst map and enjoying it alot.I don't play the game online at all,and so far offline is filling alot of my needs for the game at the moment.Thanks again!

5 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Mehhh.. Its too damn easy being Jason now.  And too difficult being a counselor.  Before, great sucked being Jason didn't have to play with him alll the time.  Now that it sucks being a counselor you have no choice as you usually have to be a counselor and Im sure most everyone wants to be Jason.  (Since its 1000x easier now and they set their spawn preference as Jason) 

I can't escape for shit being a counselor now.    But being Jason?  Cakewalk at least 7/8 every time.  Unbalanced game continues.  Make it fun for EVERYONE.  Not just the counselors or Jason depending on the patch. 

This is the most balanced the game has ever been: much easier for counselors than the period from launch until October, and better for Jason than the brutal period after October's grab excessive grab nerf and December's accidental item spawn clusterfuck.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

This is the most balanced the game has ever been: much easier for counselors than the period from launch until October, and better for Jason than the brutal period after October's grab excessive grab nerf and December's accidental item spawn clusterfuck.

Exactly. It is not as hard to be a counselor now as it was at launch. I just think that some people got spoiled as counselors who were always armed to the teeth against a nerfed Jason that couldn't hit anything other than door jambs and walls. It actually feels good playing a counselor again. You have to work to survive. This game is supposed to be a challenge. Some people can't seem to grasp that concept.

Objectives should be top priority. Not "hey lets go beat up jason." Fuck that! This update is a 5/5, automatically just for that. If you don't work on objectives and don't play together then Jason has every right to whip your ass.

Also don't play Quick Play. Because that's where most of the cancer lies. Everybody for themselves mentality. Find a group of friends that are good people that are willing to work together and suddenly you'll know that Jason will have his work cut out for him.

1 hour ago, Loading said:

Objectives should be top priority. Not "hey lets go beat up jason." Fuck that! This update is a 5/5, automatically just for that. If you don't work on objectives and don't play together then Jason has every right to whip your ass.

Also don't play Quick Play. Because that's where most of the cancer lies. Everybody for themselves mentality. Find a group of friends that are good people that are willing to work together and suddenly you'll know that Jason will have his work cut out for him.

Just remember if you play private team killing is still there.... Oh how I miss shooting annoying kids.... Oh sorry, yeah be careful in those sessions because the shot gun can still kill you. 

Solid 4. Could have been a 5 if they released a counselor or two along with the map and Roy.

I'll go with 4.

I love it, I love the new content, the improvements in online and offline play, it's great. It's not perfect...Jason still gets stunned way too easily and too often, that issue with the windows, etc. I can't complain but that keeps me from rating 5.

14 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Jason is still a soft, weak camp waterhead just like you like him because you're too much of a soft bitch to step up to any sort of challenge.

You just described Jason mains in a nutshell. Jason players want their hand held. I get 8/8 as Jason 80% of the time, pre-buff. The times where people escape is because they manage to repair boat or car within 2-4 min of the match. If anyone tries to swing at me, they're dead within seconds. If people are cornered they evaded Jason by pure skill then. Git gud. Jason is too easy to play again now. The grab is already a bit too far for my taste as Jason now, from both sides of the spectrum (both playing as a counselor and Jason).

What people fail to realize is that balance is not the in-game mechanics at this point, it's the players behind the screen. Skill outweighs balance.

4 minutes ago, Kalist said:

You just described Jason mains in a nutshell. Jason players want their hand held. I get 8/8 as Jason 80% of the time, pre-buff. The times where people escape is because they manage to repair boat or car within 2-4 min of the match. If anyone tries to swing at me, they're dead within seconds. If people are cornered they evaded Jason by pure skill then. Git gud. Jason is too easy to play again now. The grab is already a bit too far for my taste as Jason now, from both sides of the spectrum (both playing as a counselor and Jason).

What people fail to realize is that balance is not the in-game mechanics at this point, it's the players behind the screen. Skill outweighs balance.

I respectfully disagree.

In a game like this, skill should only outweigh balance when you're on the same side. 

A bad Jason should kill a good counselor 70-80 percent of the time. In my opinion that's the balance. Best of the best counselors should escape 50 percent of the time. 

It shouldn't be a matter of, "I'm a better player than the person playing Jason so I should win every time." You're up against Jason, he should be murdering you a solid 7/10 times. This game isn't win/lose. That's why you don't see leader boards, it's not intended to be competitive.

*I'm not even close to a Jason main.

21 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

A bad Jason should kill a good counselor 70-80 percent of the time.

Hmm I guess. It's just tiring to see the: "blame the game attitude", instead of blaming oneself for once and perhaps adapt. But I can see where you are coming from. Continously buffing Jason and bad counselors will not stand a chance though, they'll get killed within the first minute of the match. The only reason people want Jason to be buffed now is because some counselors are beginning to reach a certain skill level in combat that most Jason players unfortunately can't keep up with. The bad "newbie" counselors will have an even harder time, but I dunno. Who am I to say what the "name of the game" is. 

If that statement was to be true though, then if you're up against a good Jason, you might as well put the controller down as a counselor. A good Jason already kills a good counselor a 100% of the time in combat at the moment. Anything more than that is a bit overkill, but yeah. Buffing Jason more and it will be a good Jason kills a good counselor 200 or 300% of the time in combat.

6 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

I respectfully disagree.

In a game like this, skill should only outweigh balance when you're on the same side. 

A bad Jason should kill a good counselor 70-80 percent of the time. In my opinion that's the balance. Best of the best counselors should escape 50 percent of the time. 

It shouldn't be a matter of, "I'm a better player than the person playing Jason so I should win every time." You're up against Jason, he should be murdering you a solid 7/10 times. This game isn't win/lose. That's why you don't see leader boards, it's not intended to be competitive.

*I'm not even close to a Jason main.

Thats totally not what drove everyone away in the first place.