Rate the Update  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Update - A scale from 1 to 5

5 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I'M RUST!  Aside from that, I am so far happy with the update.  It's not perfect but its closer to what it used to be in terms of tension.  Only problems I have so far is the interaction lockup problem still happens and we STILL have the force bubble at occupied windows (I have a feeling this will NEVER get fixed or they intentionally are leaving it be).  I am noticing a lot of new accounts on here crying that Jason is buffed too much, but apparentlutthey don't realize 

1.  This is Jasons game!  He is the star and SHOULD be a force to be feared (not faced).

2.  This is a survival/horror type game.  That term is meant to signify surviving against the odds with limited items and weapons while making it through your ordeal.  The original Resident Evil and Silent Hill were, while not the first, the best example of this.  Players who are complaining about Jason after this patch are either too young to remember when a challenge in games was expected and appreciated or never played anything survival/horror based.  Not every game needs to give you an arsenal of weapons and perks to "overcome" you objective (or obstacle).  Play, learn, adapt.

While I agree with you for the most part, it's important to understand that one of the main reasons why there are so many players complaining is because they were introuduced to the game in the December patch. This is important because they were basically introduced to the idea that Jason is meant to be faught against and that it was easy to survive. 

I can't really blame them because it is something that really the developers of the game brought us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I'M RUST!  Aside from that, I am so far happy with the update.  It's not perfect but its closer to what it used to be in terms of tension.  Only problems I have so far is the interaction lockup problem still happens and we STILL have the force bubble at occupied windows (I have a feeling this will NEVER get fixed or they intentionally are leaving it be).  I am noticing a lot of new accounts on here crying that Jason is buffed too much, but apparentlutthey don't realize 

1.  This is Jasons game!  He is the star and SHOULD be a force to be feared (not faced).

2.  This is a survival/horror type game.  That term is meant to signify surviving against the odds with limited items and weapons while making it through your ordeal.  The original Resident Evil and Silent Hill were, while not the first, the best example of this.  Players who are complaining about Jason after this patch are either too young to remember when a challenge in games was expected and appreciated or never played anything survival/horror based.  Not every game needs to give you an arsenal of weapons and perks to "overcome" you objective (or obstacle).  Play, learn, adapt.

Oh yeah this is Jason game! I don't mind these changes, I had a lot of fun back when it came out being scared of Jason (Still watched a lot of people still knock Jason to the ground but he killed them all) This game is fun again and I for one am happy with the change, this means I have to get back the edge I use to have before Jason was nerf as I became a ball of rust because it was too easy.

• Like 1

I am a fan of the update. When I find a bat now I feel like I won the lottery. Same with a pocket knife.

Also, Ive had quite a few escapes by myself as Deb because people are still roaming in groups. On the flip side, I have been killed quite a few times as well, most of the times just because I am forgetting that Jason is around and I am exploring Pinehurst.

• Like 1

Honestly...

The patch is a step in the right direction...but it only matters if they follow up with it in one consistent direction.

Jason is still inferior in melee/melee detection/windows unless he has weapon strength so the damage matters. He's still hitting counselors and it offers no effect to them but they can knock him on his ass with a bat, a pan, etc and they can SWING THROUGH HIS SWING!...DUMB. Its a pretty big loophole. It looks silly enough on Jason now, I can't wait to see how dumb it looks with Uber when he hits them with a melee that does nothing to them gameplay wise but a hit from a counselor will knock that big hunk of cybernetic metal on his ass.

Gotta fix it.

I have seen less DANCING, which im happy about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An overwhelmingly positive forum reaction to the update in this poll. I've never seen the forum so united since it's inception in 2015 :lol: :lol:  

Long may the upwards patch trajectory continue! :)

• Like 2

My brother pointed this out to me, the opening for the new map has a strange feel to it. He said it reminds him of something out of those Gary mods videos. At 0:20 to 0:35 the animation is new.

Then you have this video

I think it speaks for itself lol 

• Like 1

I say 3 is a fair rank. Some things are addressed like over abundance of pocket knives and such, others that didn't need to be addressed like running Jasons getting a speed boost got addressed, and some things that didn't such as Jason still having no means of fighting back against teabaggers once knocked down continue to go without adjustments.

huge step in the right direction. haven't played the new map enough to figure out if I like it yet or not though

15 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Very clearly a 0/5 but since the chart doesn't go that low we can say a 1/5.

The speed buff to Jason makes the already terrible slow counselors that much worse, compound that with the lower weapon and item spawns and you have a recipe for even less reason to choose the already bad characters.

The knife buff was also multiple kinds of stupid that could only be expected from these devs. Every Jason essentially has a hidden + knives strength now which just rewards bad aim since you have a trove of attempts at the start of the game now where Jason is supposed to be at his weakest.

Back to the speed buff. Running Jasons now gain ground quickly on every single jogging counselor. The stamina management meta is now gone and is replaced with sprinting to the nearest cabin every time until it isn't safe and moving on to the next cabin repeating ad nauseum until you die or he leaves you alone. This makes shift control even less important as you can just burn the entire duration and stay close the to counselor who has to sprint to avoid it and then has to continue to run while their stamina is massively depleted.

Then we have what appears to be Jarvis map 2.0. I can't comment on the objective spawn mannerism yet but the map itself alone is so heavily Jason favoured. Choke points everywhere surrounded by water that even - swim speed Jasons can take advantage of. Objectives that stack so if you camp them you are guaranteed anywhere in the region of +4 kills on map layout alone.

They balanced Jason so that even brain dead potheads can give the best counselors players a sound beating with very little effort. After the small uptick in player count to check out the content we can expect to see it dwindle even further as there is no reason to stay and play a game if you are the counselors who are going to be even more free when the Jason mains come out in force and leave until they get Jason forcing extreme handicap matches.

I could not have said it better. I hope the devs will take note of this and do something about it.

I gave it a 4, and here's the four reasons I liked it, and the one I didn't:

• Jason is OP again. Yesterday, I felt like I was playing a horror movie again. I was afraid of Jason once more. It was HARD to stay alive!
  • A patch AND a new Jason, er, Roy -- AND a new map?? Wow!
  • The campsites are no longer a "One Stop Knife & Spray Shop." But you STILL have to check them because MAYBE you'll find one there.
  • Chad & Vanessa now have a much harder time outrunning Jason, beating him silly, then dancing about it. Thank goodness.

Here's the one:

• While I AM happy about the reduction of knives/medsprays -- perhaps it was just a hair TOO much? I played four rounds yesterday, and never found ONE of either. And I looked all over the place! (I DID manage to find lots of bear traps and got @Vaderspupil at least three times in one round! :lol: ) But the feeling of hopelessness grew and grew every match knowing I had NOTHING to save myself in a sneak attack. I'd be happy finding an average of one knife OR medspray per round.) 

I took a break from the game for a month and this is the first time that after the update came out, I only played for a short time because I got fed up.  As many people do, I have a love hate relationship with this game.  As always, they did an amazing job with detail and getting it took look just like the movie.  I loved the main house and the cabin, etc.  This is what happened in my matches last night:

-Two people were escaping by boat so I did my usual stalk then morphed near the exit.  Even though I put the marker right on the water near the exit, I ended up on land and had no chance of getting them.  

-I escaped by car as Eric with Tiffany as passenger and after driving through the exit, the screen was stuck showing the exit and I couldn't spectate or anything.  When I pulled up the menu, it showed Tiffany as escaped, but I was alive.  After 1 minute, I was kicked for being idle.  

-Then I played as Jason Part V for first time, and at one point I couldn't swing my weapon or break windows.  This has happened to me so often in the past.  I'm tired of it.  I had to find a counselor to hit me.  At least I was able to only because they were trying to kill me.  I was going after AJ in the sweater.  I grabbed her as soon as she got out of the car and none of the grab kills would light up even though there was room.  This has happened to me many times before also.  Then, after, she broke free I was stuck again.  

That was enough for me.  I quit the game and went to play something else, which is rare because usually when an update comes out, I'll play for several hours.   I think as far as the update goes with the map, new Jason less knives is great, but I'm tried of all the glitches.

11 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I DID manage to find lots of bear traps and got @Vaderspupil at least three times in one round! :lol: )

Which I didn't mind at all since they are a mere momentary nuisance that builds my rage faster. :P 

• Haha 4

I gave it a 2. Jason's "improved" grab is still T-Rex arms that can't catch counselors 12 inches away. Gang rape of the camp retard still happens; Jason's hit detection is still trash. Weapon, health spray, and pocketknife reduction has done some small thing to restore balance, but the original grab needs to come back. Give it a week; with T-Rex arms, Jason's inability to effectively wield any weapon, and counselor's ability to hit every single time without fail (on top of the gang rape tactics that team killing used to prevent), the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION will be back on and poppin' here in about a week when the comrades learn the new map.

15 hours ago, Chetork said:

I mean that's just you, average game now for me have been like half of my team dying in the first 6 minutes of the match. It feels like an equally skilled Jason will always win the situation nowadays unless you are incredibly more skilled than him.

You're right an equally skilled Jason will ALWAYS win kill a counselor of the same level. In fact, a poor to mediocre Jason should more often than not kill a good to great counselor. 

That should be the balance. 

14 hours ago, Chetork said:

Jason isn't supposed to be OP, this is a game. A team of seven counselors should be able to hold their own against Jason. Counselors aren't supposed to be chickens waiting to be the next one to the slaughter, if I wanted that I'd play Dead by Daylight. Jason should kill the majority of counselors and be able to wipe a team if they're good, but this new handholding speed buff and grab range pushed him over the edge of "OP" which is a ridiculous concept if this is supposed to be a game and not a movie.

A "team" of seven counselors can indeed hold their own against Jason. Without communication and different counselor types, you should be led to the slaughter.

The ABSOLUTE best counselors should win escape maybe fifty percent of the time. Mediocre guys like myself...20-30 percent. 

This game was not intended to be competitive. It's not a win/lose game. 

I understand what you're saying, but it sounds like you feel that if you're a better gamer than the person playing Jason, you should win. That's not this game.  

When you're comfortable only escaping 2/3 out of 10 games, the game gets much more enjoyable. You don't lose when you die. 

*I'm a preferred counselor. It's not just the "Jason mains" who were happy with this update.

• Like 1

Well I can certainly say, playing as Jenny has become that bit harder. As a slower counsellor you really notice how fast Roy is and how dangerous he is. It is becoming a tactical blunder for the chased individual to run towards a group of others in a cabin; no longer can the swarm troll Jason so much. It seems to be a case of run for your lives now! I am enjoying the update, even if I am now usually picked out as the easiest target to kill and so am usually the first to die.

Roy is great, music is awesome and the new map is epic! You guys did a great job with Pinehurst, my new favorite map. Only change that I would make, is at the end when Roy is walking away, have the ambulance from part 5 in the scene. As far as only having 3 pocket knives and med sprays each is the change that needed to happen. But the best part of the new update for me is the reach grab nerf. Even with the crappy reach grab that we have been saddled with over the last few months, i could still muster 7 out of 8 kills on average. But now with all of the new changes, you have about a 0 percent chance of surviving now, and I love it! Now the game is back to where it should be, with Jason OP as hell and counselors being lucky to ever survive. So great job GUN MEDIA, finally we as fans of the game can stop criticizing, and give you guys some credit that is deserved.

14 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

Well I can certainly say, playing as Jenny has become that bit harder. As a slower counsellor you really notice how fast Roy is and how dangerous he is. It is becoming a tactical blunder for the chased individual to run towards a group of others in a cabin; no longer can the swarm troll Jason so much. It seems to be a case of run for your lives now! I am enjoying the update, even if I am now usually picked out as the easiest target to kill and so am usually the first to die.

I'm appreciating Jenny more now that weapons are scarcer. It's not really a buff for her, just a nerf for most characters.

1 hour ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Jason's "improved" grab is still T-Rex arms that can't catch counselors 12 inches away.

The range shouldn't have been increased at all, but they still did. The width is improved tho, so no more grabbing straight through counselors.

Grab range suckz hell. too strong

part 5 too strong, cool downs of shift and morph are ridiculous. I hit him with the bat 4 times without stun. with epic sucker punch perk. the music is again too loud. fvckin annoying.

still invisible player models. 5 rounds in a row. game restart, nothing helped.

7 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

1.) Repairers aren't the weakest counselors. They're only the "weakest" when you're trying to lone wolf or not play as a team. Try playing as a team full of Vanessas, Tiffany, and Buggzy and see how far that gets you.

2.) Any time Jason pulls out a knife, he gives up any kind of momentum in movement and becomes a stationary turret. Each second he is in knife stance is an extra second a counselor is gaining more distance. You can guard in combat stance while retreating away from him simultaneously as a counselor.

3.) Jogging is still good against walking Jasons. Different Jasons, different strategies now. Time to adapt and switch it up because tapping "X" on the keyboard and jogging like you're at the park isn't going to carry you against Jasons who run.

1)Repairers are by far the worst characters which is funny because I didn't actually identify them but you somehow knew which ones i was talking about, wonder why that is. Their largest stats allotments are in stealth and repair. Stealth doesn't matter because you have to go near objectives which are usually just patrolled and sense spam also defeats its usefulness. Your repair use is limited by how fast you reach objectives and if your team mates don't fix them first. 

2.Which he can instantly cancel and start running at you while you you are slowly back pedaling or maybe he cancels into a shift to make you panic sprint to avoid a grab.

3.The Jasons people rarely play anymore? Thank god we can jog to keep pace them. Wouldn't want to reward good counselor play or punish bad Jason play.

game hard. not easy like used to be. 

want escape all the time and beat up jayson. wasted money on dance emotes that I can’t use no more.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gummybish said:

While I agree with you for the most part, it's important to understand that one of the main reasons why there are so many players complaining is because they were introuduced to the game in the December patch. This is important because they were basically introduced to the idea that Jason is meant to be faught against and that it was easy to survive. 

I can't really blame them because it is something that really the developers of the game brought us. 

Agree 100%. I feel like a lot of players got this game for the holidays and started playing when your biggest predicament was: "Do I drop this health spray for a 3rd pocket knife?". The tension is back. I don't want to go toe-to-toe with Jason like you could the last month or so. Now maybe 2-3 people get out on a normal basis unlike 6-7 then Tommy running around you like you're a 3-legged turtle. Teamwork is key now.

The new map had me freaking a couple of times. Running through the main house from Roy... no windows in some rooms... dead ends... no weapons... you just might die. There are a lot of corners and little hiding spots you can exploit as a counselor if you use your head. The water is kind of narrow... i feel like any Jason who tries is catching that boat. 

Roy is pretty cool. I like the speed boost... Running Jasons were eating my Debbie up on open ground, but he's still no match for Vanessa. 

4/5 for this update because some Jason stuff is still a little wonky... and the cars, oh the cars. But hey... baby steps in the right direction.

20 hours ago, KartRacerRob said:

It also really makes me nostalgic for times when video games were released, fully on, just once... and if they sucked they sucked and if they were great they were great.  this constant tinkering is actually psychologically maddening.  I don't understand why they can't just let people play old patches if they choose to?  it would shut up all the whiners.  now we have a brand new set of whiners.

Well for starters, you'd split the player group in to like 10 different subsections that wouldn't be able to play with each other if you did that. That's one massive reason why... 

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

It also really makes me nostalgic for times when video games were released, fully on, just once... and if they sucked they sucked and if they were great they were great.

@KartRacerRob Quote above.

I agree. I'm still upset that I/we don't have the old game, but this is better than nothing.

I think we should ask for the "Force Grab" to be given back to walking Jasons. I might start a poll.

Running Jasons will be good once they figure out the radius, but walking Jasons need the old grab, imo.

8 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Can you not admit it was entirely too easy as a counselor last patch? How many games did you play where you grouped up on Jason and beat him?

It's Friday the 13th now. It's Jason's game. I think the developers listened and made some great changes. It's way more difficult to survive now, as it should be. There have never been a Friday the 13th movie where a jock couple meet up with a group of preppy, sweater-wearing, camp-owning assholes beat on Jason with pots, pans, wrenches, bats, pipes and machetes. Or a camper that out ran Jason for most of the night hopping between windows. 

I am not going to attack your playing skills as I have never played with you, but don't you somehow, down deep, feel this is the way the game was intended? That group effort determines survival. Not just lone wolfing and hitting him with a pan as Deb stuns him nearly every time. One person fixing two or three objectives and trolling a brute serial killer.

It really depends on where you played. If you played in private matches with organized groups of people it was probably too easy which it probably still is because split pushing is the only thing Jason can't counter but if you played in quickplay where you have no control over your team mates and can't make them do objectives or anything then no. It wasn't uncommon to see good Jason players sweep entire teams of counselors in quick play even some "good" counselors who abused a plethora of glitches were easily dispatched. A side note, Jason killed most of the people in the movies before he was known to the remaining people which at that point he usually got his shit stuffed in by the 1-2 remaining people and he has 7 people in the game who knows that he is there.

I'm hoping the game wasn't intended to be a fun lottery because that is what pushed people away from the game in the first place. Do you remember when the game first came out and it was bumping until people figured out it was fun lottery and we are at the point where DbD now outnumbers the player base of this game 10:1 on PC. The game is probably doing okay on consoles where game selection is incredibly low but on PC they couldn't kill it any quicker.