1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah I like saving her for last then dropping her into caution. As I follow her around the map I remind her of that one time she got away. Window suicide is usually her response along with noooooooo and a lot of crying. Yes I am going to hell. In fact I will be driving the bus. ;) 

Dibs on a window seat. 

Definitely as bad as pre-update. So many bugs and wonky AI/behavior exist with them that removing a few strange behaviors doesn't change much in the end. 

Would love for them to act as if they at least cared about ending up a bloody lawn ornament, but alas they seem to have less desire for survival than roast beef. (At least I have to walk to the fridge to get it.)

29 minutes ago, Odewise said:

Definitely as bad as pre-update. So many bugs and wonky AI/behavior exist with them that removing a few strange behaviors doesn't change much in the end. 

Would love for them to act as if they at least cared about ending up a bloody lawn ornament, but alas they seem to have less desire for survival than roast beef. (At least I have to walk to the fridge to get it.)

At least the baby bots are worth xp.

I don’t think the devs beta tested the AI improvements in this patch, it seems to be worse now then before the patch. When cars are started they crash them almost immediately, And drive them backwards in place. The counselors get stuck more than pre-patch and they hide more than pre-patch. They leap in and out of windows until you kill them just about 75 percent of the time. There was a time tonight that I found 4 of them stuck running in place in one cabin on hard, and there’s times when they will just stand in places and do nothing with Jason right in front of them. I think the difficulty is broken now also, I don’t see any difference in the 3 levels.

55 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

I don’t think the devs beta tested the AI improvements in this patch, it seems to be worse now then before the patch. When cars are started they crash them almost immediately, And drive them backwards in place. The counselors get stuck more than pre-patch and they hide more than pre-patch. They leap in and out of windows until you kill them just about 75 percent of the time. There was a time tonight that I found 4 of them stuck running in place in one cabin on hard, and there’s times when they will just stand in places and do nothing with Jason right in front of them. I think the difficulty is broken now also, I don’t see any difference in the 3 levels.

I'm not suprised. The most intelligent A.I. I have encountered in a video game is the Alien from Alien: Isolation and it took four years to develop. They got these bots up and running that's something at least.

They've been adjusted some, but not necessarily for the better. I played about 8 offline matches earlier to really feel them out. Noticeable differences are definitely their tendency to hop through windows, open or closed. I quickly got used to chasing them to a window from the inside, let them jump out, and I'd just stand there and wait as they jump right back in. Happened over and over. People go to Violet's room in Pinehurst to meditate I guess. Saw that many times. Got to be anytime I saw a vibration coming from the upper level of the main house, I'd just instinctively head to her room and there someone would be, just standing there waiting to be killed. Bots still hide in closets and under beds right in front of you. No objectives seem to get accomplished aside from calling Tommy and repairing the phone box/calling the police. I did notice they seemed a little more motivated to attack now. Only thing is they'd often do it while I was in the middle of a grab kill animation which made them easy prey when I came out of it. Not sure if we'll ever see them get adequate AI. Offline mode is what it is (target practice).

Just went through a bunch of rounds and they're getting the car started more often, but they drive worse than ever. 

There's a window glitch now, it has something to do with breaking the window while they're hopping in and out of it. A force-field bubble surrounds the window. I grabbed a bot right after jumping out of such a window and got stuck on the window. I could only get out of it by morphing. 

11 hours ago, Dolemite said:

No noticeable change to the bots. I think improvements to them are coming in a different patch.

After reading the new patch notes, I noticed that updates were made to the bots after all. I guess I need to invest a little more time in bot mode to get a feel for the changes. But initial Impressions indicate that there is still room for improvement, of course.

Example: I was chasing Shelly into a house and he drove out of window. I decided to stand there and wait to see if he would dive right back in for me to kill him, and lo and behold, that's just what he did, and that's just what happened.

I killed 3 in a row that were just standing in Violet's room. None of them even acknowledged my presence while I was doing it. 

Turning on Stalk seems to sometimes make you invisible to bots, even if you're standing right in front of them. 

Weapons grabbed by bots sometimes turn invisible. The first time this happened, I thought the devs had added a punching attack in the game.  

The AI is somehow smarter and dumber than before, at the same time.

They juke way more often than before. It will be good to sharpen up knife throwing skills. They still run in straight lines too much, but they do juke a lot more often.

16 hours ago, Deth_Hed said:

found a Brandon bot standing in Violet's

Same. I was hoping there would be some cool context kill in there...but no. I just closed the door on his head instead

16 hours ago, John Wick said:

The only thing I noticed is they’ll now hide in outhouses. That’s about it. I never saw them do that prior. 

I had one hide in a tent too(right in front of me :rolleyes:). So, I did the sleeping bag kill.  Already had it though.

Had a Chad window loop me for a little bit before I got him.  That's a little more encouraging.

I had two matches last night with bots, Tommy was dumb and kept opening and closing a door, then Mitch was just huffing gas till I showed up lol Then the second match I killed three girls trying to fix the car, they weren't that smart and stayed in the house and I got them all lol However Tommy was smart, he took out the trap, called the cops but I still killed him in the end. 

They seems smarter at least tommy have stopped the drawer opening issue but they do not seems enough smart to show a difference between difficulties as on Pinehurst they stuck on the bed of Violet's room.

Considering this is an actual Human player, I'm gonna have to change my opinion on the bots and say they are very life-like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Tommy was smart, he took out the trap, called the cops but I still killed him in the end. 

Tommy seems to have more of a tendency to get things done on his own now. 

After playing them more I'll say they're as good as they were before the update but for different reasons. 

Tommy's better. The window hopping is good sometimes but it's mostly too predicable and can also get you or the window glitched. They're less likely to hide and more likely to jump out a window or try to attack you.

It would be nice if they could release a bunch of hotfixes for bots but for Steam players, seeing as the process is cheaper and quicker with PC. After we play through all the iterations, it gets bundled in with the next big update for consoles. I think that's a great idea. Let us be the guinea pigs

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Tommy seems to have more of a tendency to get things done on his own now. 

After playing them more I'll say they're as good as they were before the update but for different reasons. 

Tommy's better. The window hopping is good sometimes but it's mostly too predicable and can also get you or the window glitched. They're less likely to hide and more likely to jump out a window or try to attack you.

It would be nice if they could release a bunch of hotfixes for bots but for Steam players, seeing as the process is cheaper and quicker with PC. After we play through all the iterations, it gets bundled in with the next big update for consoles. I think that's a great idea. Let us be the guinea pigs

Yeah I think the bots got better however on the new map Tommy wasn't so smart and same with Mitch both were just weird, Tommy wanted to play with the door (I think Mitch gave him something) and then I found Mitch alone with the gas just standing there in the road (I think he was huffing gas) But yeah I think they are getting better slightly 

I have played quite a few offline bots matches on Xbox one, and counselor driving is completely broken. I have let them repair cars and they literally drive them like they are drunk, ultimately crashing them and are unable to drive them afterwards.

I have played 20 plus games and it’s the same thing every time. They only way they can escape is by police, there’s no point of trapping the cars at all if they can’t drive them, this is on all maps. I think the devs need to know about this, there is absolutely no challenge at all and it’s boring.