So I’m just wondering how the bots are in this update? Are they any smarter? I’m really hoping they fixed the hiding issue. 

I saw Boys and thought "Did they remove the guys from the game!" Then saw it was about bots... I'll have to give that a try and see if they are stupid on PS4

They seemed to be a little more willing to fight back. Gave them lots of leeway in my first round wanting to explain Pinehurst with "Royson", police was called within three minutes and three counselors tried for the cop exit, Tommy even made it. Lots of window juking, fox even did this from the second floor. Oddly enough she didn't seem to enter limping state on her second fall. Oh, also I'm pretty sure there were at the very least 4 pks and 4 sprays in every round not counting Tommys. The grab was not Jedi-style for me on bots. Speed increase seems noticeable, could pressure the dumb babies well. True test for Jason's tweaks will be online play tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I saw Boys and thought "Did they remove the guys from the game!" Then saw it was about bots... I'll have to give that a try and see if they are stupid on PS4

Yeah, either autocorrect or I accidentally hit the ‘Y.’ Lol.

If they’re still as stupid as before, that’s pretty disappointing. However, I know the bots have always been smarter in some rounds more than others, so maybe we just need to play a couple of rounds.

EDIT: Oh! Has anyone noticed whether or not Tommy’s over his drawer addiction?

The only thing I noticed is they’ll now hide in outhouses. That’s about it. I never saw them do that prior. 

The only change I see is they readily hide in outhouses and tents. I've seen them swim twice with no circles but I've seen that before. 

I haven't seen tommy do the drawer thing yet.

They still get caught on things and also stand still until I get close or hit them with a knife.

• Like 1

No noticeable change to the bots. I think improvements to them are coming in a different patch.

Like others have said, not many changes... only minor ones. Just played a Pinehurst match offline and found a Brandon bot standing in Violet's (I think that's the Goth Chick's name from Part V) who just allowed me to kill him. Pretty much standard fare as the rest offline mode bots tbh. Only one thing I found slightly annoying (and it's incredibly slight), was that trying to find the last counselor, an AJ Mason, was... trying as I had to morph all over the map to find her and when I do... she hides under a bed, robbing me of a weapon kill!! lol

The bots seem more aggressive, i haven’t seen any of them getting stock on the drawer loops, they try to hit me more, but still get “weapon opposed” and keep trying to recover the last weapon they dropped even when I’m standing on it, and there is an axe on the box next to them.

Pinehurst may have a bug in violets room, I can’t tell if they are spawning in the room and aren’t activating or once they enter the room they can’t find the exit.  This happened with Bugsy and Shelly and the later Tommy was stuck in there.

I just played with bots on the new map and I couldn't see where to teleport.  The crosshairs didn't show up.  Anybody else get this?

They get stuck in Violet's room at Pinehurst.  

Tommy didn't get stuck in the opening/closing drawer to infinity animation.

They now apparently will hide in tents and outhouses right in front of you.  Two of them, including Tommy, decided they needed to be sleeping bagged and AJ ran into the shitter for no real reason.

Played on hard and nothing got done, only Deborah found a weapon...a flare gun that she shot and missed horribly. 

So I finally played against the bots..... I think their intelligence has been SEVERELY nerfed...... I recorded this video and have never had this happen while playing against the bots until this update. Yeah, they would run into me OCCASIONALLY before the patch, but this is crazy. It's not the new map either; this video is from Crystal Lake. This has happened quite a few times in my offline matches tonight.

@ShiftySamurai, @[IllFonic]Courier, @GunMedia_Ben, @wes Did something go seriously wrong while updating the A.I.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

So I finally played against the bots..... I think their intelligence has been SEVERELY nerfed...... I recorded this video and have never had this happen while playing against the bots until this update. Yeah, they would run into me OCCASIONALLY before the patch, but this is crazy. It's not the new map either; this video is from Crystal Lake. This has happened quite a few times in my offline matches tonight.

I saw this kind of thing in offline before this patch, although maybe not to this extent. I think they may have fixed some trouble spots on the maps, such as the small cabin near Packanack Lodge (the one with no window entry) but I need more playtime with it. The bots continue to have huge issues though, in all areas of behaviour. I've played a lot of offline purely for testing mechanics, and in the process have seen all the messed up things that bots do. From the short time I played today, they were still operating in the same ways. 

2 hours ago, John Wick said:

The only thing I noticed is they’ll now hide in outhouses. That’s about it. I never saw them do that prior. 

And tents killed 2 on Pinehurst with sleeping bag kill, played 4 rounds of bots and Tommy never went into drawer obsession mode so Yay! Definitely more window juking and more running right back to you after juking out the window, none of the bots went swimming in circles on Pinehurst map either. So far looks like a few improvements.

I've played a few games. Bots have an obsession with running against Violets bed. Multiple ones in the same game do it.

They suicide too much in the broken windows. 3 in the last two games. They just keep looking through windows. If one gets away, I just stand there because they come back through the same window.

They did it rarely in the previous patch.

4 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

They seemed to be a little more willing to fight back.

I noticed that too. I let a counselor hit me four times with a machete. They seem to attack, run, double back, and attack again.

2 hours ago, Deth_Hed said:

Just played a Pinehurst match offline and found a Brandon bot standing in Violet's (I think that's the Goth Chick's name from Part V) who just allowed me to kill him.

I found a LaChappa doing the same thing.

Tents

I had 3 hide in the tents on the Pinehurst map.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I had a Tiffany bot escape from me once. The Tiff bot is now my favorite chew toy.

I got no more likes. That shit is funny as hell.

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I got no more likes. That shit is funny as hell.

Yeah I like saving her for last then dropping her into caution. As I follow her around the map I remind her of that one time she got away. Window suicide is usually her response along with noooooooo and a lot of crying. Yes I am going to hell. In fact I will be driving the bus. ;)