PapaEarl

My favorite Friday the 13th movie

Hi my name is PapaEarl and i am here to tell you my favorite Friday the 13th movie, and its dodododododo Friday the 13th Part 4. My reasons for my choice for this are two things, first the really gory amazing death of Jason and second is kid Jarvis who is my 16th favorite horror movie actor. That's it and I am getting ready to play the new Jason when I get home.

Mine is also Part 4. Jason is absolutely brutal in this movie! I love it!

Part 6 is my favorite. Love the opening and Thom Mathews is my favorite Tommy. A lot of the kills are pretty funny too, in a bloody way.

My favorite is Part 8- Jason Takes Manhattan

1. I liked the fact that they thought to ask the question "What would happen if Jason left Crystal Lake,got to a big city,and all hell broke loose?" Enjoyed the movie alot,despite a few problems the movie had at times.

2. Loved the fact that Jason had that big moment where he looked around Times Square and noticed the drastic change in the environment,but didn't let it slow him down as he hunted his prey,despite the fact he was in an unfamiliar setting.He did this again in Jason X,proving he may not be the smartest guy in the room,but he's just smart enough to be a dangerous threat to everyone,which i really like about him as a character.

3. Saffron Henderson (JJ) and Michael Benyaer(One of the drug thugs in the alley,who gets his face bashed in on a steam pipe)went on to be voice actors in alot of English dubs of anime,like Ranma 1/2,which is awesome for an anime fan like me.

4. Kelly Hu (Eva) went on to other movies,like X-Men 2- X-Men United(She was Lady Deathstrike) ,which i also liked.

5. After many years of looking,i finally got the I Love NY Poster for Jason Takes Manhattan,it's one of my favorite Friday The 13th items i have.Also,the paperback novel that I have of Freddy VS Jason even mentions that Jason was spotted in New York for a bit before he disappeared again.

F13 Part 8 Love NY poster.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have only watched the first 4. But I think the 4th is the best of them so far. I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but 2 is the worst of them so far to me. I still like it, but it just felt meh overall. Ginny is <3 though. Should I skip 5? I've heard some pretty shit things about it..

On 1/31/2018 at 8:58 PM, JF13 said:

My favorite is Part 8- Jason Takes Manhattan

1. I liked the fact that they thought to ask the question "What would happen if Jason left Crystal Lake,got to a big city,and all hell broke loose?" Enjoyed the movie alot,despite a few problems the movie had at times.

2. Loved the fact that Jason had that big moment where he looked around Times Square and noticed the drastic change in the environment,but didn't let it slow him down as he hunted his prey,despite the fact he was in an unfamiliar setting.He did this again in Jason X,proving he may not be the smartest guy in the room,but he's just smart enough to be a dangerous threat to everyone,which i really like about him as a character.

3. Saffron Henderson (JJ) and Michael Benyaer(One of the drug thugs in the alley,who gets his face bashed in on a steam pipe)went on to be voice actors in alot of English dubs of anime,like Ranma 1/2,which is awesome for an anime fan like me.

4. Kelly Hu (Eva) went on to other movies,like X-Men 2- X-Men United(She was Lady Deathstrike) ,which i also liked.

5. After many years of looking,i finally got the I Love NY Poster for Jason Takes Manhattan,it's one of my favorite Friday The 13th items i have.Also,the paperback novel that I have of Freddy VS Jason even mentions that Jason was spotted in New York for a bit before he disappeared again.

F13 Part 8 Love NY poster.jpg

It was the first one I saw (on local television during a Sunday afternoon, how screwed up is that?) so it always holds a soft spot in my heart.

• Like 1