Hi, im making this thread because I want to know how is the balance. I played one match as counselor (online) and I could find a pocket knife, a shotgun, firecrackers and a medspray. And I tested it in offline bots wich I just found one counselors with only 1 pocket knife. The thing that I noticed is the speed of Jason, a running Jason is damn fast.

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Hi, im making this thread because I want to know how is the balance. I played one match as counselor (online) and I could find a pocket knife, a shotgun, firecrackers and a medspray. And I tested it in offline bots wich I just found one counselors with only 1 pocket knife. The thing that I noticed is the speed of Jason, a running Jason is damn fast.

There definitely seem to be less knives but still plenty of med sprays.

This and the Jason changes make it much easier to kill a loner but he’s still a bitch against groups unfortunately.

I've experienced quite the opposite. Items were definetly harder to find and I did not notice much in his speed, maybe because I was playing Tiffany? So he wasn't after me that often.

His grab still isn't too difficult to evade, but given the weapon and item changes, I think it's more balanced. 

Basically:

It still takes skill to play Jason well. Jason players may still whine because they aren't getting the 8/8 they want. Either way, he has much more at his disposal now and still struggles against a group of coordinated survivors (as intended, since solid teamwork should be the bane of any Jason's existence). 

Counselors have much less at their disposal (many of the counselors have gone games without finding anything). 

Edit: if you thought hosts quitting was bad before, I've only completed games in private lobbies. I tried 3 quick plays and the host quit every time they died. 

I’ve had no problem finding weapons. I even repaired the car (both aspects) The problem was by the time I did, everyone else was already dead, including the guy with the key. 

Its harder as a counselor, but it’s fun/challenging. The number of troll counselors should decrease exponentially.

So far I haven't played enough as Jason to have an opinion. I will say that the five good players I played against didn't find a pocket knife. At the same time they were able to do enough damage to me to remove my mask. I killed 5 out of 6. 

As a counselor I was killed when I spawned in next to the fuse box. So not much to glean from that experience.

From Jason's perspective the Pinehurst map is a boon to water speed Jasons. Part 8 and 7 should have no problem using the water to hunt victims. I played part 4 and it was useful to travel by water dispite water speed being a weakness.

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Edit: if you thought hosts quitting was bad before, I've only completed games in private lobbies. I tried 3 quick plays and the host quit every time they died. 

That should die out fairly soon as those players leave the game because they can’t troll Jason as easily. Host rage quitting wasn’t nearly as prevalent prior to the influx of what I call the DbD player pool. Dedicated servers on consoles will also be a big help. Rage quitting is on borrowed time. Just kinda sucks we all have to deal with it for a tad longer