What do you guys like and dislike about the new content?

I personally love the new map.  The main house is very well done, down to the posters and stuff on the walls.  The barn is well-done.  Ethel's and Junior's house is also faithfully recreated.  The overall layout is good too.  It is spread out, but there are lots of clusters of cabins.

I also love that the opening kill is a recreation of the first kill from Part 5, in which Victor kills Joey.  

Roy is pretty good, but I wish he were more set apart from the others.  

• Like 1

Totally enjoying the new map and opening intro. Had a tense encounter running through the big house not knowing where the hell is safe. Didn't escape the encounter.

Subpar to Average.  But then again Part V is the worst of the franchise.   Map really fuckin blows.  Every cabin is dark and Jason got a cheap kill on me with some door glitch 

5 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Had a tense encounter running through the big house not knowing where the hell is safe. Didn't escape the encounter.

I cannot wait to experience this lol. The not knowing part is fun.

2 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

But then again Part V is the worst of the franchise 

I rewatched it about a month ago and again after they announced the new Jason. I used to think this way when I first saw it a loooooong time ago, but I think those feelings were just there because it wasn't actually "Jason".

I would put Part 5 before 7,8,9 and X in term of watchability. But, this is a different topic then the OP.

• Like 3

I dislike that 1 Jason bear Trap can put me into a crippled no run state that is just wrong i know he was getting a buff but holy fuck 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The new map is very enjoyable. It's expansive while still having plenty of points of interest. It may be too soon to call it, but I sincerely hope that Pinehurst is the standard for future maps. After my last Jason match, I noticed a SHARP decrease in the overall amount of health and pocket knives available to counselors, although one round isn't a terribly large sample size.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with the patch so far. I sincerely hope that this is the start of a new leaf for the creators as far as bug fixes, balance, and overall communication go, but only time will tell. They're off to a good start. :)

• Like 2

From what I have experienced so far between the map and and Balance.  They definitely made shit tougher on the counselors.  No question about that.   I know there was too much power in the counselor's hands before, but now it feels there is too much power in Jason's health.  Of course, its difficult to fight a happy medium 

And why is Roy affected by Pamela's sweater? ROFLMAO 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greyfox187 said:

I dislike that 1 Jason bear Trap can put me into a crippled no run state that is just wrong i know he was getting a buff but holy fuck 

The traps never changed lol, you still need thick skin to not be crippled after one trap.

I just tanked one with a 19% thick skin perk on and I could still run...

Just now, DorianRo said:

From what I have experienced so far between the map and and Balance.  They definitely made shit tougher on the counselors.  No question about that. 

ehtel.jpg

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Greyfox187 said:

I dislike that 1 Jason bear Trap can put me into a crippled no run state that is just wrong

Could be like the movies where 1 trap just stops you dead and you go nowhere. Because, you know, it's a bear trap.

• Like 4

Love the new map. Pinehurst and the barn look amazing, and are both great places to juke Jason, as well as Stalk counselors. The map layout is cool, and also utilizes water effectively.

Part 5 is good. I don’t think his shears look any more ridiculous than Savini pitchfork or part 6 hacking down a door with a fence rod. I still prefer Jason’s with Destruction, but his Running/stalk combo is awesome.

• Like 1

Likes: Pinehurst map atmosphere, Roy's stats, his kills, his ending and increased speed for Jason.

Dislikes: Hearing Pamela's voice as Roy (makes him feel nothing like a unique character) and the way the gardening shears work.

I don't like the new update. Jason has only received buffs. The new map is so huge and the houses are far away from each other, it gives Jason a huge advantage. Jason's grab buff need to be nerfed ASAP. He can literally reach me while there is furnitures covering me, this is so disgusting and nasty. Nerf Jason, he has too many easy times now.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Subpar to Average.  But then again Part V is the worst of the franchise.   Map really fuckin blows.  Every cabin is dark and Jason got a cheap kill on me with some door glitch 

Part 5 is awesome, actually.  It's ridiculous and fun.

Watch it again with a friend and revel in its silliness.

Also, Debi Sue Voorhees...

• Thanks 1

I've play one game offline, the map looks cool, but it was only one car and not even a boat, poor counselor :P

Then I played one game as Jason again, I ran after a good Chad who has already 2 knives ! but that's okay, he's dead now. Just some lag issue like always, I think the game will be really challenging for counselor now because I didn't play well in this game but I still killed everyone.

Part 5 looks cool, love this weapon kills.

Jason's grab is now perfect. I'm overjoyed with the changes they finally made to it. It is as it should be.

By the way, I was exploring Pinehurst and I couldn't find Ethel and Junior's shack anywhere. Where on the map is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Jason's grab is now perfect. I'm overjoyed with the changes they finally made to it. It is as it should be.

By the way, I was exploring Pinehurst and I couldn't find Ethel and Junior's shack anywhere. Where on the map is it?

It's the southwestern-most cabin, I believe.

Everyone prepare for the cries of counselors having it too hard!!!! We knew this day would come. I hope the devs dont give in to the cries

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jballz said:

Everyone prepare for the cries of counselors having it too hard!!!! We knew this day would come. I hope the devs dont give in to the cries

Ditto! The crying has begun...

I personally friggin love it. Jason is back! Oh and btw, as counselor I survived.

Devs, please don't give into the whiners.  A perfect match should end with maybe 2 counselors narrowly escaping Jason. 

• Like 1

I've already encountered my first "barn glitcher". Management glitch his way up the ladder. Then proceeded to boast about it and waste everyones time while he sat up there safely for the whole round 

35 minutes ago, PrincessTiffany said:

I don't like the new update. Jason has only received buffs. The new map is so huge and the houses are far away from each other, it gives Jason a huge advantage. Jason's grab buff need to be nerfed ASAP. He can literally reach me while there is furnitures covering me, this is so disgusting and nasty. Nerf Jason, he has too many easy times now.

You're ridiculous. The grab is still nerfed. You can't even grab counselors that are trapped in a corner in a cabin less than a foot in front of you.

33 minutes ago, Jballz said:

Jason is offically a noob friendly character. No skills needed anymore. Enjoy playing a character with crazy long grab reach.

Counselors has been nerfed pretty deep in this patch, please take note on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, PrincessTiffany said:

How about adapt instead of being entitled to an escape? Jason is supposed to be OP. Stop whining that you won’t be able to beat on Jason a lot. Either get better or just quit this game. This goes for everyone who acts like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2