17 minutes ago, Ryan489 said:

I don't know what you mean by the pocket knife animation being removed.  It's there.  I've been hit with some after the update and he still stops and pulls it out of his neck.  Hell you can still stun lock him as he pulls out a knife and reconvers, now that's annyoing.  As for the weapons being too Rare I disagree as well.  If get ganged up on by three counsolers Jason is still outmatched.    It feels to me that you're almost afraid of Jason again and that's the whole point.  Aso if you're playing on the new map of course Jason will have the advantage because we're all still learning it.   As a player of the beta not finding a pocket knife is nothing new to me it just means I have to be on my guard more. 

None of the changes make jason "scarier" as some put it. Jason will never be scary regardless if you buff him or not. The entire point is the nerf was way too overboard.

I used to take out traps at the fuse box / car so that players with better repairs can easier repair things, now that med kits are rare and finding one is nearly a miracle, you cant really do that anymore, and with pocket knives being rare aswel, you can waste them on traps aswel, this doesnt make jason scarier this simply makes counselors gameplay borderline, even thick skin perk will not help here at all. Im not saying it wasnt too easy before this patch, but the nerf was way too much considering jason always had the upper hand regardless since the moment he lands a grab on you, its a done deal, the moment the slasher jasons hit you, its a wrap, heck even when they shift with the increased grab its now a complete wrap. The items should not spawn as much as they did before, but should at least be more than what there is now.

Jason should be feared because of mindgames and not because its a 1 hit KO, the way this game is now makes it like Dead by Daylight where unless you hide your ass the entire round in a closet or under the bed its a wrap.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 8:15 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

• Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down 

Ok, thats awesome.... but did you do anything about the window breaking glitch?  It's extremely aggravation when you are playing as Jason and you break a window (no matter if you do it with the x button prompt or use the attack button)  and Jason glitches out not allowing you to use your weapon / not allowing you to perform a grab kill after you grab a counselor? It's one of the worst aggravating bugs on the game in my opinion. Also... we HAVE to have something done about the hosting situation. Be it dedicated servers or something else you guys can figure out, something needs to be done. Thanks.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, AshTray900 said:

seriously? oh god she was my favorite, I get it that its supposed to be hard, but we have to keep in mind that you have only a 1 in 8 chance of being Jason, so you need to be able to enjoy being a counselor too.

Honestly... I think its MUCH better now. Counselors still survive... but now at least when you play Jason, you don't feel like you are just the wimpy kid at camp, pulling a knife out of your neck or getting knocked down by a 90 lb female every 10 seconds. Jason was nerfed to death... and some of the counselors were just ridiculously buffed considering their physical builds and such. Jason Voorhees is supposed to be a force of nature... not a punching bag,  and it was seriously getting pretty bad, especially after that last patch when suddenly there was 5 knives per counselor spread out around the map. It feels about right to me now as both a counselor and Jason. With the exception of Roy lol... because he gets knocked down A LOT lol... but thats acceptable, because he's not Jason, he's a human. 

9 minutes ago, Franknberry1977 said:

Ok, thats awesome.... but did you do anything about the window breaking glitch?  It's extremely aggravation when you are playing as Jason and you break a window (no matter if you do it with the x button prompt or use the attack button)  and Jason glitches out not allowing you to use your weapon / not allowing you to perform a grab kill after you grab a counselor? It's one of the worst aggravating bugs on the game in my opinion. Also... we HAVE to have something done about the hosting situation. Be it dedicated servers or something else you guys can figure out, something needs to be done. Thanks. 

i glitched as Jason in the water, first swim fine, second one i was walking on the lake floor looking at a black screen not knowing where i was, had to morph to get out, i agree Jason bugs are detrimental to the game, nothing sadder than Jason begging to be shot to get unstuck lol, i do think they made items to sparse but i like the Jason upgrades, he needed them and if they would have left all the gear making searching a cabin still rewarding, they could have buffed Jason more this would be my choice, they needed a way for him to stop getting ganged up on like a full out 360 slash getting everyone huddled near him giving him grief

I mostly play on PS4 but bought the PC version about a month ago and had previously been restricted to playing on the US or Asia servers as there were no dedicated servers for Australia at the time, so I barely played on PC.

Was ecstatic to read that dedicated servers have been added for Australia on PC as of this patch, but when I gave it a go yesterday (after installing update), I searched quick play and after about 90 seconds it put me in a new lobby... on the US server. So my ping was still bad.

On PC, what used to happen is after you click quick play it would show a list of the servers -you’d choose one and it’d search. Now it just starts searching right away like on console so I can’t actually choose what server I want, guessing it is supposed to detect your region automatically or something, but I’m confused.

Also I have the game on every platform due to being a shameless F13 junkie haha and am curious why the patch is a different size on each platform, PS4 was under 3gb, PC was about 4gb and the Xbox update was more than 6gb... maybe improved textures or something? I have noticed better performance and visuals which is awesome. 

On the negative side, I can deal with the odd bug but the car rubber-banding glitch needs to be fixed, I was in disbelief when I realised it was still happening. Even if I’m Jason I can’t stand it and let counselors get unstuck before I grab them or give them a free escape from my grab because it’s such an unfair thing to have to repeatedly deal with, even more so now that pocket knives are much less abundant and being grabbed generally equals death. 

Aside from the above game-ruining bug, loving the game as much as ever on PS4 :) 

I've been busy with other commitments so so far I've only played 2 matches so I can't really say I have been able to observe a difference to the PS4 version, but the two matches I have played in, I found 2 PKs in the first one and 1 PK in the 2nd match, and I also found 1 med spray in each of those matches... so so far I haven't really noticed a difference, but as far as the discussion goes for the way item spawns are Vs how they were;

I can understand how/why the devs would feel reducing the number of PKs would be an acceptable balance change, but when it comes to med sprays, from the game/story perspective (at least as far as the original 3 maps go), the story was that the teenagers being terrorised are supposed to be working at a children's summer camp, and whilst we all know in reality any institution of that nature would have stringent safety rules to reduce injury risk as much as possible, during a summer camp there are bound to be plenty of injuries so I would argue that med kits should be abundant,

where weapons are concerned, reducing the spawn frequency of high stun/dmg weapons such as the baseball bat and the axe I can understand, but if that is the case then I would say that the lower stat weapon (wrench/2x4/pan etc) spawn frequency should be increased, and the available perks pertaining to weapons should be altered to work with such a change

an alternative change I would propose would be to add a 4th perk slot to counselors, but said slot can only contain either the perk to start with a large map, or the perk to start with a walkie talkie... essentially remove those 2 perks from the general perk pool, and set it so that once a counselor is unlocked, their proposed 4th slot automatically starts with the large map perk, and either have it so you can purchase the other mentioned perk for say 2500 CP (or whatever figure may be deemed appropriate), or have it so that this perk unlocks after a certain level threshold is reached on a per counselor basis

coincidentally, I don't know if this is being discussed elsewhere, and I've only played 2 matches so I don't have a realistic idea as to the frequency of this happening but; the 2 matches I have played were on the new map Pinehurst, (what little I have seen so far looks great), but in the first of these 2 matches I escaped as a passenger in the 2 seater, but according to the player board the driver was not shown as "Escaped" but simply as "Alive" but it was not possible to spectate that player, and after the other counselors escaped via the cops, the match did not end as it normally would, we had to wait for the round counter to reach zero. and during the 2nd match , 6/8 of us escaped via the police again on the Pinehurst map, and the match did not end, though this time the host left so the match dissolved as a result... has anyone else encountered this particular issue? 

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I know sir. Its a Day one bug that still exists. If you notice, I said before patch. My friend, whom i quoted, said it happened to him after patch.

i know i missed that XD iam blind

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@[IllFonic]Courier, any news about updating experience points when using Free kick or the other kill? Neither of them count for Versatile points. 

Is there a specific scenario that you can recall in which you are not receiving versatile EXP for Free Kick and Disarm?
As per the patch notes, this has been fixed and I myself have been gaining the proper amount of EXP for performing those kills

On 1/30/2018 at 1:15 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:
  • The grab kills “Free Kick” and “Disarm” will now properly grant Versatile experience

12 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Is there a specific scenario that you can recall in which you are not receiving versatile EXP for Free Kick and Disarm?
As per the patch notes, this has been fixed and I myself have been gaining the proper amount of EXP for performing those kills

I will try again tonight. Had one Jason match yesterday and did not count. Only Kill counted. I will reinstall, then try again. If it happens again I will send a video clip.

Finally got to play it for the first time today, and let me just say that we love you, IllFonic and Gun Media.

I did notice some issues, but nothing game breaking, and nothing about the changes in how the game works.

Personally , I think the game would have been better off without the auto detect on PC . Overall , great update content 😊

I'm f**king pissed, cos the game automaticlly connects to the closest server.
I'm from the US, but I am currently in Poland and Serbia, and I miss playing with american players.
Here 90% players are russian, I dont understand them, and because of that there is no teamwork.
Please let players choose the server manualy!

Oh and the new map sucks.
Part V Jason is ok, he's fast, i like his kills, but why the fuck does he live in Jason's shack, why do you need the sweater to kill him, why is Pamela talking to him and how the hell can he morph if Roy was just a regular human?
It makes no sense.
His music is WAY TOO LOUD.

19 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

yep overboard on counselor nerf, i mean its really hard to argue the other case, i know Jason is supposed to be powerful, but you must enjoy playing as a counselor, and this means being able to repair some or all of one of the escape routes, like the car even if a good Jason almost always crashes it if he wants to go for it and is good. i haven't played enough games yet to make a full assessment of the new patch but i think overboard counselor nerf and some traded out bugs are the bad parts of this update, perks don't help much at all ive seen some 6% perks show as epic, 6%?? perks have been nerfed way back making the walkie and map perk a go to perk to avoid having to search for them because they were basically the best ones unless you had one with something decent like 25% or above to take its place and matched your character and play style

I don't think it's overboard at all. Counselors had far too big a buff for a while. There were also game tweaks like lack of team killing/damage, thus making saving counselors from a grab far too easy even if said change had to be done. Then you have items showing up on the map like neon lights. Pocket knives should be a luxuary and there should not be 30 bats and axes lying around. 

PC still have a bug when you play multiple times against bots, the game will crash. The message "Fatal error" appears. It mostly happens when I'm going to play the fifth round against bots in a row.

Rain is still causing a huge FPS drop on my (mid/high-end) PC. It's unfortunate that there's no option to turn rain off in Offline Play.

21 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

yep overboard on counselor nerf, i mean its really hard to argue the other case, i know Jason is supposed to be powerful, but you must enjoy playing as a counselor, and this means being able to repair some or all of one of the escape routes, like the car even if a good Jason almost always crashes it if he wants to go for it and is good. i haven't played enough games yet to make a full assessment of the new patch but i think overboard counselor nerf and some traded out bugs are the bad parts of this update, perks don't help much at all ive seen some 6% perks show as epic, 6%?? perks have been nerfed way back making the walkie and map perk a go to perk to avoid having to search for them because they were basically the best ones unless you had one with something decent like 25% or above to take its place and matched your character and play style

Not to mention the fact that Part 2 Jason, in particular, has 7-8 traps to start out with. It seems to me that before this update, it actually took some skill to be Jason. Now he just walks right through fireworks and doors alike, grabbing people from feet away, and is almost totally invincible. I have literally had this game since day one. I’m not some new complaining asshole that thinks I’m owed everything. But last week I was able to play and enjoy this game and now level 10’s are clearing the board like the 150’s used to. I call bullshit. Man...I miss the good old days. Y’know....before everyone got what they wanted because they cried the loudest. Anyway. That’s my two cents. Glad I’m not alone. 

22 hours ago, HateMe said:

Ok I understand with all the weapons and knives and med kits it was to some extent "easy" however I find the current changes a bit too much.

Out of all my matches only a single person had a pocket knife, who not to mention got grabbed and since they removed the pocket knife animation, got grabbed instantly again after using the knife. Another broke free from.his grab and instantly got hit by throwing knives before they even managed to escape.

So if you want to balance the game this is already a Jason power boost.

The weapons are a bit way to rare now and with the med kits combined even trying to get rid of the traps is a huge risk, thick skin doesn't help much.

I think they nerfed this way to much for what it should be. And I don't see how they make basically everyone pay for Jason's that are crappy and couldn't kill counselors before.

Most games I’ve played I usually find a pocket knife and a couple med sprays. Weapons are still around, however I only notice a shortage of weapons when low luck councillors are playing aggressively and fighting Jason. I recommend people use Man at Arms perk and maybe the slugger perk where you start with a bat. 

On 1/30/2018 at 10:08 PM, Official_Adam_W said:

Provoking no, i was merely stating facts. Not to mention hurling around insulting names doesn't make you look any better.

I don’t think they put effort into part V Jason at all none of it makes sense really like why tf does he have shears when it should be a machete 

27 minutes ago, The Final Boy! said:

I don’t think they put effort into part V Jason at all none of it makes sense really like why tf does he have shears when it should be a machete 

Why should it be a machete...? He did use shears in the movie...

5 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I don't think it's overboard at all. Counselors had far too big a buff for a while. There were also game tweaks like lack of team killing/damage, thus making saving counselors from a grab far too easy even if said change had to be done. Then you have items showing up on the map like neon lights. Pocket knives should be a luxuary and there should not be 30 bats and axes lying around. 

well actually things like rain and the knife spawn etc are controlled by the server i assume, so the rain software is still in the game, the lobby just never spawns it on anymore

with that said day one it was crap , i played alot last night and didn't find it bad at all, still found a knife occasionally, and health sprays were still around, weapons weren't too bad, I'm betting they have control over the spawns directly without updating the game software since the map has to be in sync with everyone so each person doesn't find gas in a different place etc, they may have made a few changes, i found small cabins still having a wrench and a bat pipe or machete giving two weapons per cabin on average aside from large ones, there were still some items at the campgrounds, of course this isn't like it was, but they may have tweaked it under our noses without us knowing, or day one i was just unlucky

i had fun playing last night, seemed to be working as good as before just with a little less gear and some same old bugs and some gone and some new ones, i found it fairly smooth, i did dashboard as host once, and another host had same issue, but i played for 4-5 hours

better review of the patch after last night for me

have managed to play for a few hours last night, though to be fair was playing with familiar faces/friends so we are familiar with each other's playstyle, I have felt the difference in item availability and it doesn't really bother me as such, the only change that will take me a while to adapt to is the change to Jason's grab range/radius (I am a counselor player by choice), the only criticism I would offer regarding the Jason changes is that the speed increase is fine, but I would say that only the grab's range, OR radius should have been altered, not both. considering Jason essentially already has infinite stamina, he should have only the increased speed and increased range, OR the increased speed and increased radius,

where pocket knifes are concerned, the reduction as I have said is noticeable but based on my play style it does not have that much of an impact, as I run with a medic perk and when a Jason player double/triple traps the phone, or traps the car repair points, it used to be if I had the PKs to deal with it I would use them, otherwise I would just take the trap hit, mash to escape, spray and repeat until Jason shows up and I run, or until I get to the objective. its a risky way to play but it usually lead to at least 1 escapee

as a compromise regarding the complaints about item reduction, when it comes to item spawning, by which I mean non-part items; I.E. not including battery/gas/fuse/keys/propeller, just as the maps have different variants, e.g. slight variation in cabin location and layout, is it at all possible to program the spawn frequencies of non-part items to be proportional to the map size? essentially giving each map variant its own spawn frequency variant so that on the larger maps there are more weapons/med kits etc, say the small map variants have the current item spawn frequencies, and the original 3 maps, the Jarvis House and Pinehurst have slightly more items spawning, but not as high as they were pre-patch, as counselors have more ground to cover on the larger map variants/Jarvis House/Pinehurst

if the current changes to Jason/item spawns are to remain unchanged then I would suggest a change to counselor scoring is in order, granted there are plenty of players across all platforms who having had the game since release have probably reached the new level 150 cap, and already have all the perks they want and so have no real use for the extra CP, but if escaping is to remain a rarity as some people now seem to imply based on the strength of their complaints about the current in-game changes, then perhaps increasing the value of points scored based on actions taken during a match or adding new potential scoring factors.

Since the Tommy Jarvis player scores points if a counselor escapes whilst he is within a certain range, why can the same principle be applied to Jason traps placed on/at objective sites? For example the counselor who disarms a trap with a PK that is within a certain range of an objective site, say the phone box, gains a score of X points entitled, "Sneaky" or some appropriate title, or if a counselor steps in a trap within said range of an objective site, they gain X points entitled "Daredevil", or repairing an objective whilst Jason is within range (IE the counselor player can hear the Jason music), would award X points entitled "Risky Repair"?

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Why should it be a machete...? He did use shears in the movie...

As he did use a machete in the movie as well . Sooo 

14 minutes ago, The Final Boy! said:

As he did use a machete in the movie as well . Sooo 

And we already have a Jason using a machete, why not have Roy use something else?