4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai

Roy Jason has the interaction bug after trying to break a window on Xbox One.

Can't attack or interact with anything until you grab a counselor or get hit.

It happened 3 times in a row on Packanack small. Part 5 Jason.

I quit the private match game and rejoined @TheHansonGoons.

This same thing happened to me before the patch. That's when I almost got killed as Jason. A guy trying tl help me knocked my mask off. Then i got stuck on another animation. I almost quit too. Happened twice in the match. @Tattooey told me if I morph into water it resets, but when you are guarding a car like that, and like I was, it's hard to let them get in and do that when you're next morph may not be quick enough.

Either way, I would love for this old bug to get exterminated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is there a way to disable region auto detection? region selection was one of the best features of the game.

27 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This same thing happened to me before the patch. That's when I almost got killed as Jason. A guy trying tl help me knocked my mask off. Then i got stuck on another animation. I almost quit too. Happened twice in the match. @Tattooey told me if I morph into water it resets, but when you are guarding a car like that, and like I was, it's hard to let them get in and do that when you're next morph may not be quick enough.

He’s lying. Don’t believe him.

• Haha 2

Whilst they missed a few fundamental flaws, I for one look forward to trying this new patch!  It sounds like Jason will finally be the powerhouse, tank that he was meant to be,  and of course you have to balance realism and 'fun'.  In my opinion the flaw here is that the counselors were buffed too much in the first place which people got too used to. 

I can't pass too much comment having not played the patch yet, but from the notes this is the patch that has been needed. I reckon it'll draw a lot of players back into the fold, and hopefully either force people to work together or leave altogether. I'm down with either of these scenarios to be frank. 

Regarding the other major bugs, sure they are fundamental, but now at least the devs can get on with fixing those without worrying about folk leaving/rage quitting/sitting AFK as Jason.  As I have said to @Hellraz3r countless times, survival ( just like in the movies) should never be a sure-fire option!  It should be done with luck or come at great sacrifice. This new patch certainly makes me believe that one or two folks are sadly going to have to bite the bullet for the rest of the team, and I'm not sure the community is ready for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steley2001 said:

Why does Roy wander into the woods in the outro?

Because it doesn't make sense for him to go to Pamela's shack, now does It? I think this is great personally, although I would prefer him go to an ambulance.

I've been playing since day one and I played A LOT since then, I think the new update give too much advantage to Jason. I tried it yesterday and I never found a pocket knife (it would not a chance to find one, it would be a miracle). Plus, you reduced the amount of weapons. I died a few times during the first minute because I did not found a weapon the defend myself in the first cabins I searched. I agree reducing the amount of weapons, health spray and pocket knifes, but I have a feeling you reduced it by 60% when it should have been reduce by 40%.

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Because it doesn't make sense for him to go to Pamela's shack, now does It? I think this is great personally, although I would prefer him go to an ambulance.

But he starts in the shack, why would he not return to it? I like the Ambulance idea.

1 minute ago, chapikado said:

I've been playing since day one and I played A LOT since then, I think the new update give too much advantage to Jason. I tried it yesterday and I never found a pocket knife (it would not a chance to find one, it would be a miracle). Plus, you reduced the amount of weapons. I died a few times during the first minute because I did not found a weapon the defend myself in the first cabins I searched. I agree reducing the amount of weapons, health spray and pocket knifes, but I have a feeling you reduced it by 60% when it should have been reduce by 40%.

I agree to an extent though not to the commentary about Jason having too much of an advantage. He should have an insurmountable advantage. I do agree though that the lack of weapons could be an issue, but it's to combat the players who don't play the objective and spend the entirety of the game trolling Jason. 

I don't know the answer to combat this whilst making it 'balanced', but again my mind continues to stray to the , it shouldn't be balanced camp!  I think the solution would be for the devs to come up with another, more sensible way to start each map rather than him insta warping to your location leaving you helpless before you've had a look around. Then again, I face this issue consistently due to speed looters anyway.

Just now, Steley2001 said:

But he starts in the shack, why would he not return to it? I like the Ambulance idea.

Again, i think he should start in an ambulance car. I think its because it would be too much work to program a new starting point on each map to have Roy go there, then program a new item(Joey's sheet) besides Pamela's sweater, etc. Too much to create him as his own entity and they want him to seem like Jason. He has to have a starting point, has to have something to stun him for the kill. They kept it as a normal Jason. Personally, I think the effect of him wondsering off is creepier than being a mommy's boy and going back to a crap shack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonesyd89 said:

I agree to an extent though not to the commentary about Jason having too much of an advantage. He should have an insurmountable advantage. I do agree though that the lack of weapons could be an issue, but it's to combat the players who don't play the objective and spend the entirety of the game trolling Jason. 

I don't know the answer to combat this whilst making it 'balanced', but again my mind continues to stray to the , it shouldn't be balanced camp!  I think the solution would be for the devs to come up with another, more sensible way to start each map rather than him insta warping to your location leaving you helpless before you've had a look around. Then again, I face this issue consistently due to speed looters anyway.

Maybe a solution could be that Jason doesn't get the ability to warp right away. He has to wait one minute before he can get it. It will get the chance to counselors to find at least a weapon.

7 hours ago, stoney said:

For the most part, really enjoy the new patch but really despise the incredible nerf to counselors. Too nerfy?

agreed I like the new features and I feel Jason needed some upgrades, but I think counselors got too nerfed in the process, I think it was in good balance actually when campsites were barren, they added a ton of stuff for counselors but didn't help Jason out one bit. became a pain for jasons, now it seems like they have overturned it on its head, I would have been ok with just removing the campground items and repairing Jason, this seems good, now I think we have half the gear we originally had before campground additions, and this is including stupid things like wrenches in cabins etc.

Jason's grab range isnt to large now right cough cough. Its broken i can grab you from miles away

1 minute ago, Nibla said:

Jason's grab range isnt to large now right cough cough. Its broken i can grab you from miles away

gameplay bug due to overloaded servers or players in the group with piss poor internet causing a game tear for everyone

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That isnt a new bug that has happend to me so many times and its with all the jasons

The other potential solution would be to make the changes to Jason, but further nerf the counselors and keep all of the items. So reduce the stun likelihood across the board, decrease the overall stun time and make Jason faster and improve the animations. 

Sick to death of people complaining of OP Jason and nerfed counselors! He is meant to be OP and they are meant to be squealing helpless young adults; that's the premise of the movie that the game was based on and that's how it should play. I am sick of games when Deborahs, AJ's and all the other 'fixer' characters knock a giant monster on his ass with a pot/poker or some other BS weapon.  So no, I say nerf them further, punish people for trolling/dancing/teabagging being general assholes!

Therefore you have the beast Jason you want whilst the counselors still have a bit of a chance, cause they can still use their weapons and items. They would soon learn though that this isn't viable and they should Play the Objective. 

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, not saying this is the best way to improve it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

gameplay bug due to overloaded servers or players in the group with piss poor internet causing a game tear for everyone

Maybe that but all of my friends have good network so it isnt the internet

Did you nerf AJ? Its not mentioned in the patch notes but she now gives off sound pings all over the show when walking/jogging. Before the patch it was only when she was running or swimming ? 

10 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

Did you nerf AJ? Its not mentioned in the patch notes but she now gives off sound pings all over the show when walking/jogging. Before the patch it was only when she was running or swimming ? 

seriously? oh god she was my favorite, I get it that its supposed to be hard, but we have to keep in mind that you have only a 1 in 8 chance of being Jason, so you need to be able to enjoy being a counselor too.

Ok I understand with all the weapons and knives and med kits it was to some extent "easy" however I find the current changes a bit too much.

Out of all my matches only a single person had a pocket knife, who not to mention got grabbed and since they removed the pocket knife animation, got grabbed instantly again after using the knife. Another broke free from.his grab and instantly got hit by throwing knives before they even managed to escape.

So if you want to balance the game this is already a Jason power boost.

The weapons are a bit way to rare now and with the med kits combined even trying to get rid of the traps is a huge risk, thick skin doesn't help much.

I think they nerfed this way to much for what it should be. And I don't see how they make basically everyone pay for Jason's that are crappy and couldn't kill counselors before.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2018 at 4:46 PM, HateMe said:

Ok I understand with all the weapons and knives and med kits it was to some extent "easy" however I find the current changes a bit too much.

Out of all my matches only a single person had a pocket knife, who not to mention got grabbed and since they removed the pocket knife animation, got grabbed instantly again after using the knife. Another broke free from.his grab and instantly got hit by throwing knives before they even managed to escape.

The weapons are a bit way to rare now and with the med kits combined even trying to get rid of the traps is a huge risk, thick skin doesn't help much.

I think they nerfed this way to much for what it should be. And I don't see how they make basically everyone pay for Jason's that are crappy and couldn't kill counselors before.

yep overboard on counselor nerf, i mean its really hard to argue the other case, i know Jason is supposed to be powerful, but you must enjoy playing as a counselor, and this means being able to repair some or all of one of the escape routes, like the car even if a good Jason almost always crashes it if he wants to go for it and is good. i haven't played enough games yet to make a full assessment of the new patch but i think overboard counselor nerf and some traded out bugs are the bad parts of this update, perks don't help much at all ive seen some 6% perks show as epic, 6%?? perks have been nerfed way back making the walkie and map perk a go to perk to avoid having to search for them because they were basically the best ones unless you had one with something decent like 25% or above to take its place and matched your character and play style

also 15 or 20 percent of the perks are even useful at all, quiet swimmer anyone lol, led foot on a car that you have to steer very carefully as is?

• Like 1

New bug. Well maybe its not new but it's the first time I've encountered it. Seems they swapped out the Jason being glitched where he cant do anything to councillors. 3 out of the 10 games I've played since the patch have ended in me not being able to interact with anything or swing my weapon ?

2 hours ago, Nibla said:

That isnt a new bug that has happend to me so many times and its with all the jasons

I know sir. Its a Day one bug that still exists. If you notice, I said before patch. My friend, whom i quoted, said it happened to him after patch.

Really liking the new update so far guys.  The new map looks great with lots of detail Part 5 Jason looks great too.  and the balance of pocket knives and med sprays are a nice one.  the Jason grab range feels fair now  and the slight speed increese helps too.  There's still a lot of looping around tables and cars through.   The only thing I'm not happy with is that you can still stun lock Jason.  Right as you come out of a stun animation you can be stunned again and it's very annoying.  

On 1/31/2018 at 4:46 PM, HateMe said:

I don't know what you mean by the pocket knife animation being removed.  It's there.  I've been hit with some after the update and he still stops and pulls it out of his neck.  Hell you can still stun lock him as he pulls out a knife and reconvers, now that's annyoing.  As for the weapons being too Rare I disagree as well.  If get ganged up on by three counsolers Jason is still outmatched.    It feels to me that you're almost afraid of Jason again and that's the whole point.  Aso if you're playing on the new map of course Jason will have the advantage because we're all still learning it.   As a player of the beta not finding a pocket knife is nothing new to me it just means I have to be on my guard more. 

17 minutes ago, Ryan489 said:

I don't know what you mean by the pocket knife animation being removed.  It's there.  I've been hit with some after the update and he still stops and pulls it out of his neck.  Hell you can still stun lock him as he pulls out a knife and reconvers, now that's annyoing.  As for the weapons being too Rare I disagree as well.  If get ganged up on by three counsolers Jason is still outmatched.    It feels to me that you're almost afraid of Jason again and that's the whole point.  Aso if you're playing on the new map of course Jason will have the advantage because we're all still learning it.   As a player of the beta not finding a pocket knife is nothing new to me it just means I have to be on my guard more. 

None of the changes make jason "scarier" as some put it. Jason will never be scary regardless if you buff him or not. The entire point is the nerf was way too overboard.

I used to take out traps at the fuse box / car so that players with better repairs can easier repair things, now that med kits are rare and finding one is nearly a miracle, you cant really do that anymore, and with pocket knives being rare aswel, you can waste them on traps aswel, this doesnt make jason scarier this simply makes counselors gameplay borderline, even thick skin perk will not help here at all. Im not saying it wasnt too easy before this patch, but the nerf was way too much considering jason always had the upper hand regardless since the moment he lands a grab on you, its a done deal, the moment the slasher jasons hit you, its a wrap, heck even when they shift with the increased grab its now a complete wrap. The items should not spawn as much as they did before, but should at least be more than what there is now.

Jason should be feared because of mindgames and not because its a 1 hit KO, the way this game is now makes it like Dead by Daylight where unless you hide your ass the entire round in a closet or under the bed its a wrap.

• Like 1