I notice my game is hard crashing A LOT more since this recent patch. Hopefully the new hot fix coming this week can fix it, otherwise I'm not sure I want to ride it out until the Unreal engine update in April/May/June/2019/"Soon"

So at the end of the day, there will never be a “perfect” balance. Personally I like the difficulty there is to escape now. I feel like I accomplished a bigger feet then when I had 3 pockets knives in my inventory. Again that’s just me. It’s still possible, I played prol about 6 matches as a consuler last night and escaped w the boat, Car, and cops all once. So while I’m not escaping 80-90% anymore it’s more like 40-50% and you know what I’m good w that. It’s fun to get killed sometimes. It’s only like a few hundred difference in xp. I’m just trying to say that if you hate the patch then maybe this isn’t the game for you. Jason should be over powered and shouldn’t be trolled or easy to escape from. The only suggestion I can come up w that could “maybe” please everyone is to give the host more control over the map like how many items can spawn for consulers like a low medium high option for knives , sprays and weapons. Even then good luck getting everyone in the lobby to agree. I personally love it the way it is now but I can see it from the other perspective too. But I think you may be missing the point of this game. I don’t think it was intended to be a traditional survival horror game. It was suppose to have a juggernaut in Jason and to force you to work together and use skill to escape. Let’s be honest shall we? All this update really did was make it harder on the lone wolves out there who care more about xp and leveling up then playing the game as intended which was a cooperative game. Also I agree w the last statement. Last night everyone’s pings were crazy high and I got dashboarded twice and black screened twice once in the middle of escaping. 

This is by FAR the best patch/update to this game that it has seen so far in my humble opinion. I care far more about under-the-hood mechanics as opposed to new content, and I am so glad to feel fear as a counselor, yet powerful as Jason. You've made both aspects of the game great again and I greatly appreciate it! It's almost as if this patch was made just for me! THANK YOU!

Anyone think with a new engine that the possibility of climbing things like latters could finally be a thing? I'm a bit bothered I can't climb to the second story in neither Higgins or Pinehurst barns. Though then again, how would Jason get up there..

8 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

Anyone think with a new engine that the possibility of climbing things like latters could finally be a thing? I'm a bit bothered I can't climb to the second story in neither Higgins or Pinehurst barns. Though then again, how would Jason get up there..

Jason climbed up the Pinehurst ladder in the movie, so if they made it possible in the game for councilors, they'd probably make it so Jason could too.

Personally, I'd like to see this happen so they maybe could add Roy's death from the movie as the way to kill him. His death shouldn't be like Jason's. (But I'd prefer that they work on fixing things before adding anymore content, tbh)

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, FinalBoy said:

Jason Climbs.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, Cash1980 said:

So at the end of the day, there will never be a “perfect” balance. Personally I like the difficulty there is to escape now. I feel like I accomplished a bigger feet then when I had 3 pockets knives in my inventory. Again that’s just me. It’s still possible, I played prol about 6 matches as a consuler last night and escaped w the boat, Car, and cops all once. So while I’m not escaping 80-90% anymore it’s more like 40-50% and you know what I’m good w that. It’s fun to get killed sometimes. It’s only like a few hundred difference in xp. I’m just trying to say that if you hate the patch then maybe this isn’t the game for you. Jason should be over powered and shouldn’t be trolled or easy to escape from. The only suggestion I can come up w that could “maybe” please everyone is to give the host more control over the map like how many items can spawn for consulers like a low medium high option for knives , sprays and weapons. Even then good luck getting everyone in the lobby to agree. I personally love it the way it is now but I can see it from the other perspective too. But I think you may be missing the point of this game. I don’t think it was intended to be a traditional survival horror game. It was suppose to have a juggernaut in Jason and to force you to work together and use skill to escape. Let’s be honest shall we? All this update really did was make it harder on the lone wolves out there who care more about xp and leveling up then playing the game as intended which was a cooperative game. Also I agree w the last statement. Last night everyone’s pings were crazy high and I got dashboarded twice and black screened twice once in the middle of escaping. 

I am a digital artist/game designer from the United States, so when it comes to balance, mechanics, aesthetics and player experience I naturally appreciate the best qualities of a game and critique qualities that could be even better. 

I just want to start off by saying this is one of the better, more descriptive posts I've seen about the recent patch. You have a very good point on a lot of the aspects of the game. I do want to expand a little more on the topic of "balance" in the game and kind of give my opinion. It is of no surprise that Jason Voorhees is OP in the game. F13 was definitely designed to give Jason the upper hand and make it difficult for the counselors to escape unless they work together. This is a strong concept that creates the experience of feeling "powerful" as Mr. Voorhees and "inferior" as a hormonal counselor. Overall I feel that this patch has created a much better balance in the game by restricting the med sprays (there were quite a few of them) and not having the fuse spawn in the same house as the fuse box (honestly I've never found it in the same house anyways). In my opinion though I do feel like there were a fair amount of pocket knives in the game, previously. Now here's my explanation. The game is obviously made to have the counselors work together, but this is not always the case especially when the other players don't have mics, are playing for 'themselves' or are not playing the game seriously. This in return causes the serious players to have a slightly less fortunate game experience. What I mean by this is you will be in a game where many players have pocket knives, but none of the players utilize them for setting of traps. Before the patch I felt like there was a good 'balance' in the game as far as pocket knives to players to bear traps. It becomes a thing where you feel a little 'powerful' as a counselor because lets be honest the pocket knives were not a game changer, but in the right hands they could definitely enhance the gameplay. Having a few extra pocket knives in the match just allows the enthusiastic players to have a better chance of survival, but still doesn't make them invincible (especially if its a butcher-Jason). And honestly I liked playing as Jason and feeling like there was more of a challenge. Again Jason was already OP,  but before the patch I actually felt like it was going to be a little more difficult to kill all the counselors. I liked that feeling! My heart was racing every time I was Jason, like the pressure was on! I don't quite get that same feeling now. I almost feel like I put in a cheat code and made it harder for the counselors to survive. I to have to say though, I agree with you Cash1980 as far as maybe allowing the host to have more options/control on the game settings like spawns for pocket knives, med sprays and weapons. This is something I would definitely be okay with. 

In the end F13 is definitely a great game and I only see it getting better. 

This is all my opinion.

Ya know...because I'm a gamer who cares.