On 2/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, FinalBoy said:

Anyone think with a new engine that the possibility of climbing things like latters could finally be a thing? I'm a bit bothered I can't climb to the second story in neither Higgins or Pinehurst barns. Though then again, how would Jason get up there..

Jason Climbs.

On 2/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, Cash1980 said:

So at the end of the day, there will never be a “perfect” balance. Personally I like the difficulty there is to escape now. I feel like I accomplished a bigger feet then when I had 3 pockets knives in my inventory. Again that’s just me. It’s still possible, I played prol about 6 matches as a consuler last night and escaped w the boat, Car, and cops all once. So while I’m not escaping 80-90% anymore it’s more like 40-50% and you know what I’m good w that. It’s fun to get killed sometimes. It’s only like a few hundred difference in xp. I’m just trying to say that if you hate the patch then maybe this isn’t the game for you. Jason should be over powered and shouldn’t be trolled or easy to escape from. The only suggestion I can come up w that could “maybe” please everyone is to give the host more control over the map like how many items can spawn for consulers like a low medium high option for knives , sprays and weapons. Even then good luck getting everyone in the lobby to agree. I personally love it the way it is now but I can see it from the other perspective too. But I think you may be missing the point of this game. I don’t think it was intended to be a traditional survival horror game. It was suppose to have a juggernaut in Jason and to force you to work together and use skill to escape. Let’s be honest shall we? All this update really did was make it harder on the lone wolves out there who care more about xp and leveling up then playing the game as intended which was a cooperative game. Also I agree w the last statement. Last night everyone’s pings were crazy high and I got dashboarded twice and black screened twice once in the middle of escaping. 

I am a digital artist/game designer from the United States, so when it comes to balance, mechanics, aesthetics and player experience I naturally appreciate the best qualities of a game and critique qualities that could be even better. 

I just want to start off by saying this is one of the better, more descriptive posts I've seen about the recent patch. You have a very good point on a lot of the aspects of the game. I do want to expand a little more on the topic of "balance" in the game and kind of give my opinion. It is of no surprise that Jason Voorhees is OP in the game. F13 was definitely designed to give Jason the upper hand and make it difficult for the counselors to escape unless they work together. This is a strong concept that creates the experience of feeling "powerful" as Mr. Voorhees and "inferior" as a hormonal counselor. Overall I feel that this patch has created a much better balance in the game by restricting the med sprays (there were quite a few of them) and not having the fuse spawn in the same house as the fuse box (honestly I've never found it in the same house anyways). In my opinion though I do feel like there were a fair amount of pocket knives in the game, previously. Now here's my explanation. The game is obviously made to have the counselors work together, but this is not always the case especially when the other players don't have mics, are playing for 'themselves' or are not playing the game seriously. This in return causes the serious players to have a slightly less fortunate game experience. What I mean by this is you will be in a game where many players have pocket knives, but none of the players utilize them for setting of traps. Before the patch I felt like there was a good 'balance' in the game as far as pocket knives to players to bear traps. It becomes a thing where you feel a little 'powerful' as a counselor because lets be honest the pocket knives were not a game changer, but in the right hands they could definitely enhance the gameplay. Having a few extra pocket knives in the match just allows the enthusiastic players to have a better chance of survival, but still doesn't make them invincible (especially if its a butcher-Jason). And honestly I liked playing as Jason and feeling like there was more of a challenge. Again Jason was already OP,  but before the patch I actually felt like it was going to be a little more difficult to kill all the counselors. I liked that feeling! My heart was racing every time I was Jason, like the pressure was on! I don't quite get that same feeling now. I almost feel like I put in a cheat code and made it harder for the counselors to survive. I to have to say though, I agree with you Cash1980 as far as maybe allowing the host to have more options/control on the game settings like spawns for pocket knives, med sprays and weapons. This is something I would definitely be okay with. 

In the end F13 is definitely a great game and I only see it getting better. 

This is all my opinion.

Ya know...because I'm a gamer who cares. 

Will the Boat Escape ever be in Offline Bots Mode ?

On 2/12/2018 at 7:39 PM, Bonafidechrisp said:

Jason Climbs.

I am a digital artist/game designer from the United States, so when it comes to balance, mechanics, aesthetics and player experience I naturally appreciate the best qualities of a game and critique qualities that could be even better. 

I just want to start off by saying this is one of the better, more descriptive posts I've seen about the recent patch. You have a very good point on a lot of the aspects of the game. I do want to expand a little more on the topic of "balance" in the game and kind of give my opinion. It is of no surprise that Jason Voorhees is OP in the game. F13 was definitely designed to give Jason the upper hand and make it difficult for the counselors to escape unless they work together. This is a strong concept that creates the experience of feeling "powerful" as Mr. Voorhees and "inferior" as a hormonal counselor. Overall I feel that this patch has created a much better balance in the game by restricting the med sprays (there were quite a few of them) and not having the fuse spawn in the same house as the fuse box (honestly I've never found it in the same house anyways). In my opinion though I do feel like there were a fair amount of pocket knives in the game, previously. Now here's my explanation. The game is obviously made to have the counselors work together, but this is not always the case especially when the other players don't have mics, are playing for 'themselves' or are not playing the game seriously. This in return causes the serious players to have a slightly less fortunate game experience. What I mean by this is you will be in a game where many players have pocket knives, but none of the players utilize them for setting of traps. Before the patch I felt like there was a good 'balance' in the game as far as pocket knives to players to bear traps. It becomes a thing where you feel a little 'powerful' as a counselor because lets be honest the pocket knives were not a game changer, but in the right hands they could definitely enhance the gameplay. Having a few extra pocket knives in the match just allows the enthusiastic players to have a better chance of survival, but still doesn't make them invincible (especially if its a butcher-Jason). And honestly I liked playing as Jason and feeling like there was more of a challenge. Again Jason was already OP,  but before the patch I actually felt like it was going to be a little more difficult to kill all the counselors. I liked that feeling! My heart was racing every time I was Jason, like the pressure was on! I don't quite get that same feeling now. I almost feel like I put in a cheat code and made it harder for the counselors to survive. I to have to say though, I agree with you Cash1980 as far as maybe allowing the host to have more options/control on the game settings like spawns for pocket knives, med sprays and weapons. This is something I would definitely be okay with. 

In the end F13 is definitely a great game and I only see it getting better. 

This is all my opinion.

Ya know...because I'm a gamer who cares. 

The amount of pocket knives the game had previously made -trap Jasons, and hell all Jasons traps a useless tool more or less. Even Jason 2s 7 traps were like a joke to the counselor. Then you have Jasons like part 7 who have only 3 traps and that was nothing at all to deal with before the last patch. Now the counselors have to make a choice. Try and get the objective done by dealing with the trap, or keep the knife for if Jason rolls around. There will always be counselors who just don't bother and hold on to any and all knives they find, while there will be those who see the value in using them on the traps. I'd even go so far as to say stepping in one of Jasons traps to tank it or by accident should require a minigame to get out of. Either similar to the repair minigame or something new that is easier depending on a specific stat. Strength or composure for example. Because honestly there's nothing worse than someone hitting a trap and being able to medspray and haul ass away before you even spawn in from the morph. 

On 1/30/2018 at 2:15 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst

Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map are both now available for both Multiplayer and Offline Bots!

Part 5 has no level requirement and has access to the following grab kills:

• Hedge Trimmer
  • Last Breath
  • You’re so Vein

New Unlockable Grab Kill

The grab kill Rugby Player is now available!
The requirements to unlock Rugby Player are:

• Level: 108
  • Cost: 2500 CP

Changes and Bug Fixes

General

• Reduced the amount of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match
  • Adjusted the amount of available spawns per match for each weapon
  • Addressed several issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
  • Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to disappear when disarmed by a counselor
  • Fixed a bug related to the “The Final Chapter” achievement that was causing players to crash

Jason

• Jason will now begin each match equipped with 2 additional throwing knives
  • Jason’s movement speed has been slightly increased
  • Jason’s grab range and cone has been slightly increased
  • Players can once again access the medium bloody skin for Savini Jason
    • Note: The unlockable Light/Heavy bloody skins are not available for Savini Jason
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down
  • The grab kills “Free Kick” and “Disarm” will now properly grant Versatile experience

Counselors

• Fixed a bug where - if a player interacted with a window in a certain way, the window would break and incorrectly cause damage to the player
  • Fixed inconsistencies that were appearing in several counselor models

Maps

• The Fuse will no longer be able to spawn in the same building as the Phone Box
  • Addressed several exploit locations on all maps
  • Made adjustments to several locations that were causing the objectives/repair parts spawns to be inaccessible

Vehicles

• Fixed several bugs related to the boat flipping mechanic

Offline Play

• Made many improvements and bug fixes to the bot AI in Offline Bots
  • Restart function added to the pause menu in Offline Bots
  • Fixed a bug causing the end score screen to incorrectly show badge progression in Offline Bots
    • Note: Badges can not be obtained through Offline Bots

Matchmaking

• Added servers for South America and Australia [PC]
  • Added region auto-detection [PC]

Sound

• Players should once again be able to hear the sound of weapons and items being dropped
  • The grab kill “Free Kick” will now properly take into account the user’s audio settings

All I hear is PineWurst ringing in my ears.

People don't like Pinehurts because they actually have to worry about living more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

On 15.04.2018 at 4:13 AM, Flyin_J said:

People don't like Pinehurts because they actually have to worry about living more than 5 minutes.

Right. Big maps like Pinehurst do not make sense. There are many problems with communicating and escaping on small versions of maps. Pinehurst strongly favors Jason.

8 hours ago, Szyszuniek said:

The most terrible patch in the game, only nerfing the surviors, again and again, 

Yeah , everyone should start with a pocket knife and there are 10 on the map , there should be less throwing knives on the map for Jason and you should be able to heal yours infinitely with Med-Sprays. Just kidding. If you think counselors are too weak , go to the                                                       Tips for those of you who are having Trouble!  Thread , to find some tips and tricks!

Welcome to the Forums and don´t Forget to introduce yourself!

On April 17, 2018 at 6:06 PM, blablabla said:

Right. Big maps like Pinehurst do not make sense. There are many problems with communicating and escaping on small versions of maps. Pinehurst strongly favors Jason.

no it doesn't its much harder for him catch you on that map you can win via timeout almost everytime if ya play your cards right 

No but perk at least with two uses from pocket knife and making at least 7-8 pocket knifes and 8 sprays will be good, Jason always have 8/8 and I want at least have so much fun.

21 hours ago, Szyszuniek said:

No but perk at least with two uses from pocket knife and making at least 7-8 pocket knifes and 8 sprays will be good, Jason always have 8/8 and I want at least have so much fun.

Trolling? Or did you just start playing during the Great Jason Nerf of 2017?

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Or he is just not very good or inexperienced.

So was I back when the game launched and I never begged for more pocketknives or medsprays... There used to be only 3 knives lol

1 minute ago, Truth said:

So was I back when the game launched and I never begged for more pocketknives or medsprays... There used to be only 3 knives lol

Well me neither actually...... You´ve got a Point there. He probably isn´t good.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I'm still bad at this game but I have fun lol 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm still bad at this game but I have fun lol 

That's the whole point anyways right!? 😀 If I was just clearing lobbies or escaping with little to no effort, I would be pretty bored with this game..

23 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If I was just clearing lobbies or escaping with little to no effort, I would be pretty bored with this game..

Yeah, that's why a took a break...

Not really, I just didn't want to ruin the game for myself before we get that big update. I needed a break lol

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Yeah, that's why a took a break...

Not really, I just didn't want to ruin the game for myself before we get that big update. I needed a break lol

lol. I have a little over 100hrs in the game and I'm still pretty bad when compared to some, so it is a game that takes quite a bit to master. Prob why it is still fun. I can't afford any breaks considering they are locking new features to 100+ levels now and I'm only Lv54.. Have a ton of grinding left to do.. 😄

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

lol. I have a little over 100hrs in the game and I'm still pretty bad when compared to some, so it is a game that takes quite a bit to master. Prob why it is still fun. I can't afford any breaks considering they are locking new features to 100+ levels now and I'm only Lv54.. Have a ton of grinding left to do.. 😄

Out of curiosity, I just checked my stats. I kind of wish I hadn't... lol

Counselors killed: 1341

Killed by Jason: 938 (ouch...)

Doors Broken Down: 1466

Minutes Played: 39303

That's 655.05 hours

27.29 DAYS

It's not (entirely) that I'm bad, it's that I play for fun. I'm not worried about surviving or killing. I just want everyone to have a good time.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

Out of curiosity, I just checked my stats. I kind of wish I hadn't... lol

Counselors killed: 1341

Killed by Jason: 938 (ouch...)

Doors Broken Down: 1466

Minutes Played: 39303

That's 655.05 hours

27.29 DAYS

It's not (entirely) that I'm bad, it's that I play for fun. I'm not worried about surviving or killing. I just want everyone to have a good time.

My numbers should be comparable to yours, I can't see them because PS4 doesn't log it like Xbox, but I got my 1000 matches as a counselor 10 days ago.

23 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

My numbers should be comparable to yours, I can't see them because PS4 doesn't log it like Xbox, but I got my 1000 matches as a counselor 10 days ago.

I admit that I switched my preference to counselor during the Great Jason Nerf. I switched to Jason after the update, and now I generally run no preference. So I got that achievement a long time ago. I only have 170-179 matches as Jason. I did probably around 150-200 bot kills though... 

Just now, Truth said:

I admit that I switched my preference to counselor during the Great Jason Nerf. I switched to Jason after the update, and now I generally run no preference. So I got that achievement a long time ago. I only have 170-179 matches as Jason. I did probably around 150-200 bot kills though... 

Well , I think I started playing then , but my Preference always was and will ever be Jason.......But it wonders me , how I even haven´t played 500 Matches as a Counselor before...