Sign in to follow this  
DocEss

So what's the deal with PhD (PS4)

I have now gone through and redone every kill on the list, a full three times.

I hate to ask this, because I don't want to be told I have to do them a fourth time, but - do the small maps not actually count?

I've been doing them all on small maps, except for the Higgins barn fence (as that specialized version doesn't exist on the small map at all).

It was the fact that the barn kill isn't on the small map that made me start to wonder if NONE of the environmentals I did on small maps counted.

I'm really sick of trying for this one for nothing.  

Anyone have any tips or things they did to finally get it to pop?

I got it the other day, I didn't have to do them 3 or 4 times.

If you are doing them all in offline bots, this is where the problem is. Any kills you get in offline bots don't count towards your progression once you start another one, so unless you get all the kills you need to complete the trophy in the same match BEFORE starting another one the progress wont count.

3 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

I got it the other day, I didn't have to do them 3 or 4 times.

If you are doing them all in offline bots, this is where the problem is. Any kills you get in offline bots don't count towards your progression once you start another one, so unless you get all the kills you need to complete the trophy in the same match BEFORE starting another one the progress wont count.

I'm not entirely certain I take your meaning.

Do you mean the barn closet kill? Because that one counts separately from the wardrobe closet kill. For some reason.

12 minutes ago, DocEss said:

I'm not entirely certain I take your meaning.

If you get a kill in offline mode that counts towards the achievement, your progression will reset to where it was before that kill once you start a new offline match. It's a good way to see what kill you need, then you go to an online match and do it again to actually progress.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DocEss said:

I'm not entirely certain I take your meaning

You have to do the kills in a multiplayer match (QuickPlay or Private). Any kills you do during Offline Bots will reset after the round is over.

For example, I had all the kills except the Cemetery Fence, and the Barn Closet on Higgins. Because I completed them both in the same Offline Bots match I got the trophy during the round. If I had only gotten one, and then the round ended, I would still need both of them.

13 minutes ago, Body Boy said:

Do you mean the barn closet kill? Because that one counts separately from the wardrobe closet kill. For some reason.

No, I mean the fence kill.  On Higgins small, all sections of the fence are a generic corner kill.

On normal, the front section has a unique head slam, where he slams their head repeatedly.

2 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

For example, I had all the kills except the Cemetery Fence, and the Barn Closet on Higgins. Because I completed them both in the same Offline Bots match I got the trophy during the round. If I had only gotten one, and then the round ended, I would still need both of them.

That's really good to know. I only need 3 kills for it, maybe I can get it to pop.

I finally got it. I did literally every kill on every surface, some of them twice. I finally got it like two weeks ago, and now I have 84% of trophies. Now I'm trying to use offline bots to get the 666 and 1,313 kill trophies. After that, it's on to "escape in the boat as a passenger 13 times", "perform 100 boat repairs", and "play 1,000 online matches as a counselor". I'm not even going to attempt to get the play trophies for Jason, so I guess I'll be comfortable sitting at somewhere around 95% for the rest of my life lol 

9 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Now I'm trying to use offline bots to get the 666 and 1,313 kill trophies.

The amount of kills you get during offline bots will reset to what it was before you started the match when you are done killing everyone. So unless you are exactly 8 or less away from getting the achievement I don't think this method is going to work.

Just now, MRWood204 said:

The amount of kills you get during offline bots will reset to what it was before you started the match when you are done killing everyone. So unless you are exactly 8 or less away from getting the achievement I don't think this method is going to work.

That's not true. The BADGES won't count, but the achievements for Jason kills do.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That's not true. The BADGES won't count, but the achievements for Jason kills do.

That is good to hear. On PS4 there is no tracker for completion towards a trophy/achievement. So it is impossible for us to tell. Whenever this patch/content drop happens today and hopefully its before I finish work, I'm going to enjoy adding to those numbers while trying out the new Jason and map.

Just now, MRWood204 said:

That is good to hear. On PS4 there is no tracker for completion towards a trophy/achievement. So it is impossible for us to tell. Whenever this patch/content drop happens today and hopefully its before I finish work, I'm going to enjoy adding to those numbers while trying out the new Jason and map.

Why the fuck wouldn't they show you that? So you have no idea how close you are to getting 100 boat repairs or 666 kills? That's pretty dumb...

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

So you have no idea how close you are to getting 100 boat repairs or 666 kills? That's pretty dumb...

I just use the Badges to keep an idea of what progressions I have completed. I saw somewhere on these forums that the tracking should be implemented soon, but I don't trust that word anymore.

35 minutes ago, Truth said:

If you get a kill in offline mode that counts towards the achievement, your progression will reset to where it was before that kill once you start a new offline match. It's a good way to see what kill you need, then you go to an online match and do it again to actually progress.

33 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

You have to do the kills in a multiplayer match (QuickPlay or Private). Any kills you do during Offline Bots will reset after the round is over.

That can't possibly be true.

I bought this for a friend of mine right after the VC update - he decided it was best to practice before playing online.  He hasn't had an online match as Jason yet, but he DOES have PhD.  Got it entirely in bots.

Now, from what I gather, BADGES don't properly track in offline bots, but the achievements should be, including PhD.

So my concern is - do I *need* to do them on the full size maps?

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Why the fuck wouldn't they show you that? So you have no idea how close you are to getting 100 boat repairs or 666 kills? That's pretty dumb...

Nope. I play as Jason a lot, but I have no idea how close I am to getting 500 matches in as Jason. Luckily I have all the other trophies except for 1000 matches(yikes!) as Jason and all the trophies trophy.

1 minute ago, DocEss said:

That can't possibly be true.

I bought this for a friend of mine right after the VC update - he decided it was best to practice before playing online.  He hasn't had an online match as Jason yet, but he DOES have PhD.  Got it entirely in bots.

Now, from what I gather, BADGES don't properly track in offline bots, but the achievements should be, including PhD.

So my concern is - do I *need* to do them on the full size maps?

What system? My progress resets once I start a new match on xbox. That is the @Truth. Right now I have it at 98% because I refuse to start a new match and have it reset.

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

What system? My progress resets once I start a new match on xbox. That is the @Truth. Right now I have it at 98% because I refuse to start a new match and have it reset.

PS4, same as in the topic title.  I've gradually been convincing coworkers to get the game, or getting it for them.  One of us!  One of us!  :P

The only thing on PS4 that resets for me is badge progress.  It'll go up after a match, but come back down after I do another.  That, and a lot of folks on the subreddit report having done it with just bots.

One of the devs on the subreddit acknowledged that badges don't work right in offline, but that PhD does/should.  I can't find the post now, though.

There is this, though:

3 minutes ago, DocEss said:

PS4, same as in the topic title.  I've gradually been convincing coworkers to get the game, or getting it for them.  One of us!  One of us!  :P

The only thing on PS4 that resets for me is badge progress.  It'll go up after a match, but come back down after I do another.  That, and a lot of folks on the subreddit report having done it with just bots.

One of the devs on the subreddit acknowledged that badges don't work right in offline, but that PhD does/should.  I can't find the post now, though.

Well son of a bitch... @[IllFonic]Courier can you shed some light on this? I know you guys are busy today, but are the achievements supposed to reset for offline matches?

Edit: I see you are viewing this thread right now...

I have a second account Ii have been testing trophies on, it is currently level 62 has only done offline mode, and outside of a few kills trophies like the door slam and another one no kill trophy has popped not even kill 13 people over all.

They do not count at all.

3 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I have a second account Ii have been testing trophies on, it is currently level 62 has only done offline mode, and outside of a few kills trophies like the door slam and another one no kill trophy has popped not even kill 13 people over all.

They do not count at all.

I literally just posted their support Twitter saying they do.  I also have the evidence of a friend with the trophy, and he's never played as Jason online.

Just now, Truth said:

@BTHRZeroX Are you on xbox?

PS4

2 minutes ago, DocEss said:

I literally just posted their support Twitter saying they do.  I also have the evidence of a friend with the trophy, and he's never played as Jason online.

And why would PHD Pop but not 13 Counselor Kills? that makes little to no sense.

8 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

PS4

And why would PHD Pop but not 13 Counselor Kills? that makes little to no sense.

Same reason why Voodoo Doll doesn't work offline.  Some of them don't, or aren't functioning correctly, and some are.

Part of the reddit post I can't find detailed that.  That they are aware that some don't work, some do, some are inconsistent, and the badges don't track AT ALL.  They said conversations were being had to definitively make some things work correctly in offline, vs things that shouldn't.  I feel like PhD should, as for some of us, we're just really lousy Jasons, no matter how much practice, and also because real players will not go near certain things such as the cemetery, etc.