Sign in to follow this  
Ash Williams

My theory about Friday the 13th part V New Begining

I think that when in the movie Tommy was brought to Pinehurst he was followed by the ghost of Jason he wanted that Tommy would be the next Jason because he lost his family like Jason! And when Roy arrived Jason's spirit settled in Roy when he looked threatening look! After Jason moved into Roy, Tommy did not see Jason's Spirit any more! Roy has received almost all the abilities of Jason increased painful defect, physical strength, teleportation! When the spirit of Jason came to the floor to Tommy because Jason's spirit did not entrenched in Roy's body and so he settled into the body of the exhausted Tommy Jarvis!

This is only my theory and it more or less explains the movie Friday the 13th Part 5 New Beginning!

That's what I think as well. I think that Jason's spirit wanted to embody someone, and I think it's easier for a spirit to possess the body of someone who is either vulnerable or weak minded, and in this case, Roy was an easy target because he wanted revenge. The reason Tommy didn't end up becoming Jason was because he was too strong willed and was able to fight it off and stop himself at the last second before stabbing the girl at end of A New Beginning. After this, Jason gave up his pursuit and his spirit went dwelling elsewhere. I think somewhere around this time, an unknown figure, perhaps his long lost dad Elias, uses some sort of magic or witchcraft in order to cause Jason's spirit to go back to dwelling in his own body. He then did some sort of ritual that made it so that the lightning would be the final step in resurrecting Jason, which Tommy was inadvertently a part of. That's my theory.