ScouseMouse

People Helping Jason - Am I being too sensitive?

Ok, so this is something that I seem to have experienced with a fair degree of regularity on the game, which reached it's peak yesterday. I understand many many people play this game with their friends, and that when one of them is Jason they might not be "overly motivated" to hunt their friend, or even kill them when their friend is in front of them. Annoying as that is when you are the "sacrificial lamb", two issues lately have really got my goat and I can't decide if I should just lighten up :-) Help me out!.... And the "one friend as Jason and one friend as a counselor seems to be a very regular occurence"

- Twice yesterday I was in games where a counselor deliberately drove both cars into the lake, destroying them to stop anyone escaping, then leading Jason to find all the survivors. Not cool I thought.

- Not as bad, but I have also seen plenty of occasions were Jason is led around by a counselor who discharges all the firearms they come across, help to block doors, place traps by windows, and then aid Jason in killing everyone, only for them to spend the last 10 minutes of the game dancing and walking round each other (or trying very slowly to fix an objective solo).

Am I the only one who a) sees this, and / or B) gets incredibly annoyed by this.... I would loooove to name and shame but fear I may just need to relax and deal :-)

No, this is cheating in a public game. If done in a private session with people who know and what to play that's different, and should be allowed, but the trolling in these cases is cheating.

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No, this is cheating in a public game. If done in a private session with people who know and what to play that's different, and should be allowed, but the trolling in these cases is cheating.

Right

I see it a lot myself not every game 

At this moment I take it as part of the game 

Played two quick rounds before bed last night. Both rounds had Jason teamers. Checked Jason's steam profile both rounds, friend in the lobby as counselor, Jason ignores friend and only pulls passengers from car friend is driving...

I report these people with video links to www.jasonkillsbugs.com. But I'm not sure this is a bannable offense. At least not without multiple, repeated reports...

Complain all you want. The devs don’t do anything about it even when you offer video proof. Why do you think the game is dying so rapidly? 

12 minutes ago, Bates said:

Complain all you want. The devs don’t do anything about it even when you offer video proof. Why do you think the game is dying so rapidly? 

AIDs

• Haha 1

I don’t care about the dancing. I don’t care about the trash talk. I don’t even get bothered by the teabagging. But the Jason helpers are scrubs and need to be purged. I had a guy purposely run everyone over in the car the other day. Ruining the game for everyone else is bullshit and these people need to be called out and removed. 

5 minutes ago, Don’tTrustAnybody said:

I don’t care about the dancing. I don’t care about the trash talk. I don’t even get bothered by the teabagging. But the Jason helpers are scrubs and need to be purged. I had a guy purposely run everyone over in the car the other day. Ruining the game for everyone else is bullshit and these people need to be called out and removed. 

But the devs implemented a -1000 xp deterrent for doing that!  Are you telling me that isn’t enough?!?!?! 

If you team kill more than 1 person in a match it should be an instant 24 hour ban. Do it multiple times in a month and a perma ban. 

Ive been in games where I have to table loop Jason because I can’t run outside because his friend is in a car waiting to run me down.  But keep ignoring these issues, I’m sure it is going to turn out great for the game. 

38 minutes ago, ScouseMouse said:

Ok, so this is something that I seem to have experienced with a fair degree of regularity on the game, which reached it's peak yesterday. I understand many many people play this game with their friends, and that when one of them is Jason they might not be "overly motivated" to hunt their friend, or even kill them when their friend is in front of them. Annoying as that is when you are the "sacrificial lamb", two issues lately have really got my goat and I can't decide if I should just lighten up :-) Help me out!.... And the "one friend as Jason and one friend as a counselor seems to be a very regular occurence"

- Twice yesterday I was in games where a counselor deliberately drove both cars into the lake, destroying them to stop anyone escaping, then leading Jason to find all the survivors. Not cool I thought.

- Not as bad, but I have also seen plenty of occasions were Jason is led around by a counselor who discharges all the firearms they come across, help to block doors, place traps by windows, and then aid Jason in killing everyone, only for them to spend the last 10 minutes of the game dancing and walking round each other (or trying very slowly to fix an objective solo).

Am I the only one who a) sees this, and / or B) gets incredibly annoyed by this.... I would loooove to name and shame but fear I may just need to relax and deal :-)

I would have recorded the footage of these occurrences as well as popped up the leader board and screen capped that as well, Then report.

Should you lighten up? No. That is pretty bad. I see the occasional questionable situation where Jason, given the choice, goes after me instead of someone else and I find out later they are friends. That doesn't bother me. But what you are describing is egregious.  As mentioned in a comment above, report that activity to jasonkillsbugs or whatever it is. There is no place for that in this game in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Bates said:

But the devs implemented a -1000 xp deterrent for doing that!  Are you telling me that isn’t enough?!?!?! 

If you team kill more than 1 person in a match it should be an instant 24 hour ban. Do it multiple times in a month and a perma ban. 

Ive been in games where I have to table loop Jason because I can’t run outside because his friend is in a car waiting to run me down.  But keep ignoring these issues, I’m sure it is going to turn out great for the game. 

I agree. That shit will kill this game faster than anything. This game is a lot of fun for me, but allowing this to continue unpunished will cause me to give it up. One or two assholes being permitted to ruin everyone else’s game is inexcusable.

Thank you everyone. Kind of glad it is not just me, but a little disheartened that it seems to be a widespread activity. I did actually record the footage, so I may proceed to report as sugested above. Worst case is nothing is done... and I would still feel better :-)

I kill everyone, even my friends... maybe that's why I don't have friends.

tumblr_inline_moph27LaDP1qz4rgp.gif

Just now, piercev3 said:

Should you lighten up? No. That is pretty bad. I see the occasional questionable situation where Jason, given the choice, goes after me instead of someone else and I find out later they are friends. That doesn't bother me. But what you are describing is egregious.  As mentioned in a comment above, report that activity to jasonkillsbugs or whatever it is. There is no place for that in this game in my opinion 

I have to agree, I don't really care if they are friends and decided to kill me but still kills them at the end of the match anyways. It's the really over the top shit I get annoyed at.
One game I had someone run past Jason to close the window from the outside and then body block me from the outside so Jason could just walk straight inside to get me and then same game do the obvious car bullshit.

Yeh I just had a similar exp myself. I was doing really well, had been juking Jason all match and there wasn't long left to go, went into a cabin, another counselor follows me in, then preceeds to try hitting me with a baseball bat. Meanwhile Jason was circling around outside. I could have just hit him back and probably killed him first, but it takes such a long time to gain EXP on XB1 I really didn't want to lose the EXP for team killing, so instead I did the only thing I could and jumped out of the window, Jason was waiting to grab me and I died! :( 

Being friends and deciding to kill your friend last? Whatever. Doesn’t bother me. But when that friend is ACTIVELY helping you out and is INTENTIONALLY ruining the game for everyone else? Fuck you. 

have I not ran over 3-4 on a bridge in a toxic room? Yes I have. Did it feel good? Hell YES. Was I helping Jason, Fuck no. I just wanted to run over the bastards that were teaming with their buddies the game before helping Jason. Did it actually help Jason in the end? NOPE - I actually got more kills then that Jason that round. But damn who here can tell me that a bunny rabbit suit wearing Deborah bouncing off your hood doesn't feel good, then you are CNN (FAKE NEWS)

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't mind when the Jason chooses to leave their friends for last. But it really pisses me off when a counselor is leading Jason into other people and actively trying to help the Jason.

I had a game where Jason was in the cabin next to me so I hopped into a wardrobe to wait him out. It worked until his buddy stood in front if it and used an emote to point out where I was at. I hopped out. I used the counselor as a meat shield to avoid the slashes and get outside. This was one time I was glad to have an abundance of pocket knives. It let me survive long enough to get close to the police and lo and behold a Tommy shot Jason and I escaped.

This was sort of part of why I haven't played online (compared to offline bots) for a few weeks on top of uber counselors.

Teamers and games full of people looking to make sure the game goes 20 minutes.

This is my only real worry about the changes coming. I worry that instead of offensive trolling, we're going to get a heavy dose of defensive trolling completely separate from the issues here.

Trolls will be trolls.

If they can't teabag and beat up on Jason with baseball bats, while hoarding 3 pocket knives or 6 med sprays with medic. They'll just do nothing for 20 minutes and when Jason finally gets to them. He has to worry about the clock, they don't have to worry about anything. The 20 minute timer working against the killer against teams full of do nothings and trolls will have to be something addressed eventually for the long term health of the game I feel.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I kill everyone, even my friends... maybe that's why I don't have friends.

You have friends. Maybe you don't know it... B)

26 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Trolls will be trolls.

That's why you countertroll a troll. ;)

To the OP, it does suck when you have Jason helpers in a match. After they reveal themselves, steer clear of them. If they "accidentally" get run over by a car... B)

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You have friends. Maybe you don't know it... B)

jontron-gif-8.gif

Jk yeah I have friends, I'm shocked I still have friends.

You keep things interesting and entertaining.

58 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jk yeah I have friends, I'm shocked I still have friends.

Don't sell yourself short lol

Just now, Fair Play said:

You keep things interesting and entertaining.

Don't sell yourself short lol

I try my best 

I usually kill my friends first actually, because they're the ones who I know are coordinated and will get shit done.

The only way they don't die first is if someone else is screwing with an objective.