Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Adding Reboot Jason And FvJ Jason

Before we get started, yes I understand that they don't have the rights to Reboot Jason or FvJ Jason. I'm making this purely and simply just to give ideas if they were going to add them to the game. And who knows, F13 The Game was alot more successful than they thought so they might be able to get the rights to these beasts now.

Reboot Jason: 

Image result for 2009 reboot jason

Strengths:

+ Can Run

+ Traps

+ Throwing Knives

 

Weaknesses:

- Morph

- Sense

- Defense

 

Okay let me just start off by saying, I love the look of this Jason! Reboot Jason is probably my 3rd favorite look for Jason. I'm going to go through why I chose these stats for him. By the way, If they ever add Reboot Jason I do not think they will give him a Sprinting Animation instead of running and I don't think they will replace Shift for a Sprinting Ability either.

I chose Can Run for one of his strengths because... well, he runs in the movie. I chose Traps and Throwing Knives because he seems like a more hunter style Jason. He uses Traps and a Bow in the movie. He's a much more realistic Jason. 

I chose Morph and Sense for two of his weaknesses because like I said, he's a much more realistic Jason. And I chose Defense for his last weakness because since he's more realistic that means he's not gonna have as much defense as any of the other Jason.

 

FvJ Jason:

Image result for FvJ jason

Strengths:

+ Morph

+ Stun Resistance

+ Defense

 

Weaknesses:

- Can't Run

- Water Speed

- Stalk

 

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the look for FvJ Jason. However I do know that a lot of people love his design and I do think every on screen Jason should make it into the game. Alright, time to go through why I gave him those stats.

I chose Morph as a Strength because he does seem to get from one place to another pretty quickly in the movie. I chose Stun Resistance and Defense for his other two strengths because him and Freddy beat the living hell out of each other. neither of them give it up even after Jason get his fingers cut off and his eyes stabbed. He's pretty tough in the movie and can take a beating.

I chose Can't Run because he doesn't run. I chose Water Speed as a weakness because in the movie Jason is afraid of water even though in like almost every movie prior he's been in water <_<. I chose Stalk for his last weakness because he isn't very stealthy in the movie.

 

I would love to get these guys in the game one day. I know it's not likely but hey, I can dream.

Thanks for reading this. And please, fill free to comment your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear your guy's feedback on this.

 

- Deku Scrub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that these Jasons are possibl;e especially if they add more clothing packs, emotes, and kill packs to generate the funds to get the rights to do remake and freddy vs jason. 

Here is the rub though if you do Jason vs Freddy you kind of need to include Freddy. I am against this but would not complain. I feel Freddy does not belong in a game like this. While I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason a part of me did not like the Idea freddy does not fit. Should have been Micheal Meyers. (as for how that could work Maybe Jamie or Lauries sone from H20 go to a camp for survivors of these kind of attacks) 

But i'll buy what ever helps them get the needed funds to keep making this game better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mrhyde138 said:

I think that these Jasons are possibl;e especially if they add more clothing packs, emotes, and kill packs to generate the funds to get the rights to do remake and freddy vs jason. 

Here is the rub though if you do Jason vs Freddy you kind of need to include Freddy. I am against this but would not complain. I feel Freddy does not belong in a game like this. While I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason a part of me did not like the Idea freddy does not fit. Should have been Micheal Meyers. (as for how that could work Maybe Jamie or Lauries sone from H20 go to a camp for survivors of these kind of attacks) 

But i'll buy what ever helps them get the needed funds to keep making this game better. 

There's no reason they'd have to include Freddy in this at all. Not sure why you think they'd need to. They can acknowledge the look without acknowledging the plot.

 

Although, if they did end up putting Vs Jason in this, Elm street would be a sweet map to consider. More likely they would use that Under Construction version of Crystal Lake though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Freddy game could work. It occurred to me the other day.

All you gotta do is start the game with everyone already in the dream world and to escape, you simply have to wake yourself up.

The only problem is that the filmmakers never gave Freddy any dreamscape-side weaknesses. That is, you can't injure (or kill) him there.

The closest thing we saw to Dreamscape weakness in Freddy was when Jason was in there. I think there should be a way to injure or kill Freedy in the dreamscape. I think it would make Freedy a more interesting character.

Off-topic, I know, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were Kane Hodder I'd be upset about these Jasons being added. He punched Randy in the face just to break the ice at the start of this interview. Who knows how he'd react if this happened. Anyway, he put a lot of hard work into bringing Jason to life for this video game. His portrayal of Jason via mo-cap is one of the things that truly shines about the game.

He was left out of both films for political reasons that were covered up by excuses and lies. The whole thing was bullshit and really robbed the fans at the end of the day. Personally I like the idea of leaving these two actors, and Jasons, out in the cold. Kane is the real Jason, we have the real Jason. I'm perfectly content without the imposters.

Putting Kane's mo-cap on those Jasons would be disrespectful to Kane, an insult to me, and it should be an insult to all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

There's no reason they'd have to include Freddy in this at all.

I agree, this is Camp Crystal Lake, not Elm Street.

3 hours ago, Caulus said:

A Freddy game could work.

Every great slasher out there is deserving of their own game down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they ever put 2009 Jason in without giving him Sprint there would be a big backlash and they would end up giving him sprint anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gyaaft said:

If I were Kane Hodder I'd be upset about these Jasons being added. He punched Randy in the face just to break the ice at the start of this interview. Who knows how he'd react if this happened. Anyway, he put a lot of hard work into bringing Jason to life for this video game. His portrayal of Jason via mo-cap is one of the things that truly shines about the game.

He was left out of both films for political reasons that were covered up by excuses and lies. The whole thing was bullshit and really robbed the fans at the end of the day. Personally I like the idea of leaving these two actors, and Jasons, out in the cold. Kane is the real Jason, we have the real Jason. I'm perfectly content without the imposters.

Putting Kane's mo-cap on those Jasons would be disrespectful to Kane, an insult to me, and it should be an insult to all of you.

Kane did mocap for parts 2-6 jason and he didn't play them in the movies so your logic makes no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gyaaft said:

If I were Kane Hodder I'd be upset about these Jasons being added. He punched Randy in the face just to break the ice at the start of this interview. Who knows how he'd react if this happened. Anyway, he put a lot of hard work into bringing Jason to life for this video game. His portrayal of Jason via mo-cap is one of the things that truly shines about the game.

He was left out of both films for political reasons that were covered up by excuses and lies. The whole thing was bullshit and really robbed the fans at the end of the day. Personally I like the idea of leaving these two actors, and Jasons, out in the cold. Kane is the real Jason, we have the real Jason. I'm perfectly content without the imposters.

Putting Kane's mo-cap on those Jasons would be disrespectful to Kane, an insult to me, and it should be an insult to all of you.

Kane doesn't own the character, he wasn't the first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth actor to play Jason, and I've never been a fan of zombie Jason after part 6 anyways. Frankly I thought Mears was the best Jason we've ever had and it's a shame he hasn't been able to reprise the role, he's certainly not an "imposter". I'd be all for them bringing in more mocap actors to add some variety to Jason and I really wish that Reboot and Vs Jason weren't off limits. I don't appreciate the idea that as F13 fans we should be so narrow minded as to only accept one actor as the character.

Just to clarify, the above may seem a bit harsh, but it's not a knock against Kane, he was a great Jason despite the films he was in and I love that he's been so involved with this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gyaaft said:

If I were Kane Hodder I'd be upset about these Jasons being added. He punched Randy in the face just to break the ice at the start of this interview. Who knows how he'd react if this happened. Anyway, he put a lot of hard work into bringing Jason to life for this video game. His portrayal of Jason via mo-cap is one of the things that truly shines about the game.

He was left out of both films for political reasons that were covered up by excuses and lies. The whole thing was bullshit and really robbed the fans at the end of the day. Personally I like the idea of leaving these two actors, and Jasons, out in the cold. Kane is the real Jason, we have the real Jason. I'm perfectly content without the imposters.

Putting Kane's mo-cap on those Jasons would be disrespectful to Kane, an insult to me, and it should be an insult to all of you.

Its funny that you say this. Kane personally knows all the other Jason actors. Some of them are his best friends.

Also money talks. Lets say he hates the reboot and FvJ and doesn't want to do their mocaps. Show him the money and he'll bite. Everyone does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind seeing reboot or Freddy Vs Jason, Jason skins in the game. Tho I wouldn't mind seeing a cross over between these two fighting each other.

tumblr_o113temrju1qkeepto2_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that Gun doesn't have the rights to the Reboot and FvJ Jasons, but can anyone tell me why? Does it have something to do with whoever owns the movie rights? Does Sean Cunningham not have them for these two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Kane did mocap for parts 2-6 jason and he didn't play them in the movies so your logic makes no sense. 

The logic is sound, your comprehension is not. It’s disrespectful to Kane to put his animations on Jasons that he was screwed out of playing in the films. I’m sure it was an honor for him to get to represent the other Jasons, one he is well deserving of. Many of them are simply too old and no longer have the physicality required for rigorous mo-cap sessions.

Warrington Gillette is a fraud that only played Jason for the last scene of Part 2. Steve Dash the stunt man who did all the real work is 73 years old. Richard Brooker who played Jason in Part 3 sadly passed in 2013. Ted White who played Jason in Part 4 is 92 years old. Tom Morga who played Jason in Part 5 is 76 years old.  C.J. Graham who played Jason in Part 6 is 60 years old. Kane himself is 62 years old, but he’s still in really good shape.

C.J. Graham was considered for Freddy vs. Jason, but he refused to meet with Newline out of respect for Kane. That’s class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I understand that Gun doesn't have the rights to the Reboot and FvJ Jasons, but can anyone tell me why? Does it have something to do with whoever owns the movie rights? Does Sean Cunningham not have them for these two?

They were created and used in New Line Cinema films, therefore Sean does not have any rights to them, therefore neither does the game. Jason X is allowed probably because Sean had his hands in Jason X more so than FvJ and the reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiberiusmcqueen said:

Kane doesn't own the character, he wasn't the first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth actor to play Jason, and I've never been a fan of zombie Jason after part 6 anyways.

You're right about that. He wasn't the first or fifth to play the role. He was just the best, and that's why he was chosen to represent Jason in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They were created and used in New Line Cinema films, therefore Sean does not have any rights to them, therefore neither does the game. Jason X is allowed probably because Sean had his hands in Jason X more so than FvJ and the reboot.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea id love for those skins to show up. New Line or Paramount or whoever the hell owns the rights to those films need to be cool and offer up the rights to Gun and Illfonic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

In a perfect world we'd get FvJ Jason with a dismembered Freddy arm and claw as the weapon. :lol:

Bring it!?

We have P6 Jason breaking doors using the tip of his spear in an overhead swing.

We have Roy breaking doors using the 2 tiny tips of his shears holding it with one of the two handles in a machete like swing.

I can deal with a Jason using Freddy arm and having the 4 tips of his claws break down doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I never cared for Jason's design in the remake or in Freddy vs. Jason. Didn't really care for his looks in Jason Goes to Hell or Jason X (either version), but the remake and Freddy vs. Jason were probably his worst portrayals yet. He just looked terrible. Probably the worst being Freddy vs. Jason. His make up and outfit just looked so terrible and the unnecessarily slow Frankenstein walking was embarrassing. Ronny Yu also had too much focus on Jason's eyes. Too me not being able to see Jason's eyes through his maks was one of the main things that made him so intimidating. Seeing his eyes/face should only be reserved for specific moments. Freddy vs. Jason tried to make that into too much of a thing.

I'm also not particularly fond of the idea with the later movies that Jason should be wearing a jacket. It just doesn't look right on him. Just have him in more down to earth clothes or boiler suits like in the older films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zentorno said:

Eh, I never cared for Jason's design in the remake or in Freddy vs. Jason. Didn't really care for his looks in Jason Goes to Hell or Jason X (either version), but the remake and Freddy vs. Jason were probably his worst portrayals yet. He just looked terrible. Probably the worst being Freddy vs. Jason. His make up and outfit just looked so terrible and the unnecessarily slow Frankenstein walking was embarrassing. Ronny Yu also had too much focus on Jason's eyes. Too me not being able to see Jason's eyes through his maks was one of the main things that made him so intimidating. Seeing his eyes/face should only be reserved for specific moments. Freddy vs. Jason tried to make that into too much of a thing.

I'm also not particularly fond of the idea with the later movies that Jason should be wearing a jacket. It just doesn't look right on him. Just have him in more down to earth clothes or boiler suits like in the older films.

Unless you're just a paramount shill, I'm hard pressed to believe anyone prefers Manhattan Jason over Reboot Jason or even Pre-Uber Jason. That's always been by far his worst design ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

Unless you're just a paramount shill, I'm hard pressed to believe anyone prefers Manhattan Jason over Reboot Jason or even Pre-Uber Jason. That's always been by far his worst design ever.

Paramount shill nothing. Yes, Manhattan Jason looks leagues better than reboot Jason and Pre-Uber Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we forget the remake ever happened?

 

lol just kidding.

 

I like he stats you made for both Jason's good idea! Uber Jason is next so maybe after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...