Melissa was garbage imo she wasn't even hot just a mean dumb blonde with the look of an office temp. Tamara Mason is the real mean girl she almost killed the main girl on purpose seduced the professor recorded it and held it against him to pass school denied the nerd guy hard did coke with the foreign innocent girl and she had a rocking 80s style. Again Melissa was a tame girl compared to Tamara

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Well you need to take into concideration: What makes a good mean girl? we can break this down in categories

1 Mean:
Melissa is selfish and wants the goodguy for herself while using people around her, shes not actively hurting anyone shes simply just someone who wants what she can not have and feels like she can uphold her image by pushing down Tina to show ''whos boss'' people also miss out on other girls in the same movie being as mean as melissa with Robin and Sandra being horrible people making Melissa someone who hangs around other mean girls to a degree.

Tamara is a psychpath, she tried to actually actively KILL someone who she simply didn't like, unlike Melissa who goes for cheap shots Tamara tried to actually let someone drown and shows no remourse, she like Melissa goes for manipulations and tries to persuade a teacher into giving higher grades with blackmail which would result in his carees ending and his life being ruined, she also took the guy from JJ resulting in her death as well.

More mean - Melissa, Tamara is simply a psychopath

2 Friends!:

Melissa is seen being somewhat of a proud host, shes proud of her place and invites her friends over to party with her and lets them spend the summer with her in the huge house as well as letting the people bring their own friends, Melissa hardly invited all the boyfriends/side friends but didnt mind having them over as she spent more quality time with her friends anyway, she even had Maddie there who was a shy girl with no ''friends'' meaning wether Melissa is caring for Maddie or not it sure would make her summer if she wasnt killed in the barn. 

Tamara have no ''friends'' she used goodgirl Eva as a way to look better on her own without changing her attitude, Eva looked shocked and horrified when Reggie was pushed over the edge and was pressured into taking cocain with her. Other than Eva Tamara isnt seen hanging with anyone except Wayne who she made think he had a shot with her before dropping him like he was nothing, kind of like when Melissa stole a guy to lead him on as well.

Better friend: Melissa

3 Style

Melissa wears 3 outfits and her pearls are one of the most memorable things in the entire movie

Tamara have some style but fails to leave a memorable details such as the pearls

Best Style: Melissa

4 future?

In events that she would not have died Melissa would remain high society and selfless as a way to make herself look good, she hardly care for the lower class people like Maddie but shes helping them to look good herself

Tamara was a drug addict slut blackmailing people, if Jason had not killed her someone else would have eventually due to her pure evil manipulations

5 Death
Melissas death is censored, you dont get to see the original more brutal death

Tamara did not even had a scene recorded, there is no ''deleted scene'' with her death in it.

6 Catchphrases

Melissa: There goes the neighborhood

Tamara Mason: I hear the crew members are cute guys in their twenties.

Eva Watanabe: Really?

Tamara Mason: I'm sure we'll have no problem getting them to party with us... especially with this.

[unzips her purse revealing a packet of cocaine]

Tamara Mason: It's a graduation gift from Daddy. It cost a thousand bucks but it's the best.

Better Quote: Melissa

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2018 at 2:13 AM, Blackbird68 said:

Melissa was garbage imo she wasn't even hot just a mean dumb blonde with the look of an office temp. Tamara Mason is the real mean girl she almost killed the main girl on purpose seduced the professor recorded it and held it against him to pass school denied the nerd guy hard did coke with the foreign innocent girl and she had a rocking 80s style. Again Melissa was a tame girl compared to Tamara

Agreed. Melissa was a spoiled rich kid who never learned how to deal with not getting her way. The worst thing she did in the whole film was make fun of a mental patient with the straight-jacket gag. Tamara was a bonafide monster-in-training whose villainous tendencies exceeded Melissa's in every conceivable way. If it came down to a head-to-head contest to which one deserved a spot in the game as the bitch character, Tamara would win in a landslide. But, as it is, Melissa made more of an impact in the minds of most fans. Probably because on the surface her attitude was more harsh while Tamara was a bit more charming. Though Tamara's intent was much more dastardly, Melissa was an up-front cunt and made no bones about it, which made her instantly unlikable. That's what people remember.

• Like 1

The mean girl troupe was pointless anyway. Only reason I care about Victoria is I like her stats. Otherwise Melissa and Tamara were both pointless forgettable characters. 

I easily prefer Tamara too but overall I would have preferred a mix between the two of them like they did with original counselors rather than a direct lift with a different name. It's a shame the mean girl doesn't have long hair but they probably couldn't make it look good anyway.

Melissa is more recognized. She made it all the way through the movie before being killed off towards the end. Tamara didn't even make it halfway through the movie and was a minor character.

So when people think of "mean girl", Melissa is the first thing that comes to mind. Tamara was more of an afterthought in that sense.

Tamera was THE 80’s slasher movie crush for me growing up.  I absolutely thought she was the hottest female ever created.

6 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Tamera was THE 80’s slasher movie for me growing up.  I absolutely thought she was the hottest female ever created.

Her and Eva were the best part of the movie tbh. Such a gorgeous pair. It's still criminal that they killed both of them off before they even got to Manhattan.

If they ever add a Lazarus map, or Manhattan, I'd love to see Tamara, Eva and McCulloch with it. Although it'll probably be a long time before that even becomes a thing since they're still working on Grendel.

The characters in part 8 overall were pretty cool minus the two leads and the old people. 

On 1/30/2018 at 2:13 AM, Blackbird68 said:

Yeah great point she could have also been the other sexy counselor they added with risky clothing etc yeah your right on with this one I agree 100% great point.

Different strokes for different folks.

Melissa is my fave though. Better death, better actress, and memorable performance.

Melissa is the Mean Girl.

Tamara is a Hep C riddled, nasty c*nt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Culp said:

Melissa is the Mean Girl.

Tamara is a Hep C riddled, nasty c*nt.

I could picture Melissa if making it to adulthood making charity events for ''Less fortunate'' girls like Tamara xD

• Haha 1

Tamara was a pure psychopath, not a mean girl, she literally pushed someone off the ship knowing how dangerous that is.

Melissa is the true mean girl here.

• Like 1

Melissa matches the mean girl personality.

Tamara is more than a bitch, she’s like psychotic. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tHr33 said:

Won't mind two mean girls. :D

Would be pretty cool to add a Tamara based cokewhore psycho, ''Junkie'' archtype

3 hours ago, Aksana said:

Would be pretty cool to add a Tamara based cokewhore psycho, ''Junkie'' archtype

At the risk of this getting WAY off topic, I’m surprised at the number of people here that assume that anyone who uses recreational drugs is automatically a drug addict or “junkie”.