8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I agree that Alpha/Beta looked smoother/better, the sound blips, walking animations, etc.

One thing I will say is its a good thing they changed the way Shift works because if they left it the way it was in Alpha combined with the way the game is played now. He would be even worse off.

Sounds like it’d be a nightmare had they kept it the way it was.

8 minutes ago, Son Gohan said:

This is getting alot of attention lately. I hope @ShiftySamurai has or will pass this along to Wes.

Don't get your hopes up. This thread isn't that big yet. I don't think they've even seen this thread yet.

Edit: Well... I was wrong.

They were removed for a reason, as explained somewhere else on the forum by someone with better working knowledge of why than I have. I would not expect those animations to return.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

They were removed for a reason, as explained somewhere else on the forum by someone with better working knowledge of why than I have. I would not expect those animations to return.

Is it possible that you can forward this to Wes?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

They were removed because of a couple issues. Lag being the main one. It's not exactly about why they were removed.

- Could they be fixed?

- If enough people wanted them back would the Devs take the time to fix them and add them back?

Those are the questions that we really want answersed.

BTW: Thank you for responding Shifty. I really appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Ugh, I absolutely hated those startup animations. I much prefer what we have now. Made Jason and counselors turn too slow.

Tf??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Oh. That’s unfortunate. :(

I'm very much fixated on the look of things and I don't really like a lot of these beta animations. With the exception of Part 7's turn animation, the rest look like they would annoy me, similar to how the godawful controls of GTA V do. 

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm very much fixated on the look of things and I don't really like a lot of these beta animations. With the exception of Part 7's turn animation, the rest look like they would annoy me, similar to how the godawful controls of GTA V do. 

I can see where you’re coming from as someone who plays GTA V themself. However I don’t take that game as seriously as FT13th, so they don’t annoy me to a great extent. P7’s turn was really lovely, you’re right.

@FrenchFriedPotaters I forgot to share some new animation ideas I’ve had and would be happy to see in the game. 

1. An environmental kill that is slightly inspired by Freddy vs. Jason - instead of doing a simple toss through a window, Jason slams a counselor’s skull against the bottom and crushes their neck with it by pulling it in and out repeatedly. Digging right into their bones. It’s either done vertically or horizontally and can only be done with windows on the first floor of a cabin.

2. Jason can take a random rope/wire and strangle a counselor, pulling tighter with each choke. I feel that strangulation is a necessity in this game. I would love that.

3. This one is unlikely, but what if Jason had emotes? He isn’t always an expressionless statue. He could tilt his head for example, outside of some of his kills. 

4. A harpoon kill to reenact a scene from Part 3, perhaps nearby the dock where the boat usually is. Also animating the way Jason walked away from the scene would be awesome. Richard Brooker was such a classic Jason. (RIP Richard Brooker)

Hey guys. Stream ended awhile ago and Single Player Challenges look really good! And I have some really good news for the people who want Beta Animations to return. At the end of the stream, @ShiftySamurai and @wes told us why Beta Animations were taken out and that they have them on a wishlist to add them back after dedicated servers. 

They want them back just like we do, but it will take awhile to get them. It'll be worth it though.

I really appreciate them for mentioning Beta Animations. And the fact that it's on their wishlist, There's a better chance we'll get them... but don't get your hopes up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Im A Deku Scrub said:

Hey guys. Stream ended awhile ago and Single Player Challenges look really good! And I have some really good news for the people who want Beta Animations to return. At the end of the stream, @ShiftySamurai and @wes told us why Beta Animations were taken out and that they have them on a wishlist to add them back after dedicated servers. 

They want them back just like we do, but it will take awhile to get them. It'll be worth it though.

I really appreciate them for mentioning Beta Animations. And the fact that it's on their wishlist, There's a better chance we'll get them... but don't get your hopes up. 

Yeah, I absolutely love the second challenge! They outdid themselves with making huge references to the franchise. The shots and lighting were mesmerizing!

I remember hearing about the mention of the Beta animations, and I’m excited about that! I hope they make a return to the game.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:25 AM, TheRustedBlade said:

@FrenchFriedPotaters I forgot to share some new animation ideas I’ve had and would be happy to see in the game. 

1. An environmental kill that is slightly inspired by Freddy vs. Jason - instead of doing a simple toss through a window, Jason slams a counselor’s skull against the bottom and crushes their neck with it by pulling it in and out repeatedly. Digging right into their bones. It’s either done vertically or horizontally and can only be done with windows on the first floor of a cabin.

2. Jason can take a random rope/wire and strangle a counselor, pulling tighter with each choke. I feel that strangulation is a necessity in this game. I would love that.

3. This one is unlikely, but what if Jason had emotes? He isn’t always an expressionless statue. He could tilt his head for example, outside of some of his kills. 

4. A harpoon kill to reenact a scene from Part 3, perhaps nearby the dock where the boat usually is. Also animating the way Jason walked away from the scene would be awesome. Richard Brooker was such a classic Jason. (RIP Richard Brooker)

1. That sounds so hot, just kidding, that sounds really gruesome! I hope we can see that instead of a simple "Jason throws Adam out of an open window" kill, xD

2. Hah! We've seen that today, and I feel bad for poor Jenny. :(

3. That would look scary, it could probably range from a simple head tilt to a "threatening" jolt, which would look cool but un-canny xD

4. Exactly! What if there was a kill similar to Part 8's fire-ax throw; you push the counselor away and shoot them in the face! I also feel bad for Mr. Brooker. :(

Hope my suggestions sounded somewhat good, lol 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note, this is what we got from the Devs (the animations being removed):

-Lag issues

-Movement issues

-The "Infinite Stamina" glitch

-The game "freaking out" due to controller movements, or the game freezing due to the several movements caused

That's all :)

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:27 AM, WashingtonJones said:

Ha , you´re right. They try to be realistic. Even if it hinders Gameplay.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

1. That sounds so hot, just kidding, that sounds really gruesome! I hope we can see that instead of a simple "Jason throws Adam out of an open window" kill, xD

2. Hah! We've seen that today, and I feel bad for poor Jenny. :(

3. That would look scary, it could probably range from a simple head tilt to a "threatening" jolt, which would look cool but un-canny xD

4. Exactly! What if there was a kill similar to Part 8's fire-ax throw; you push the counselor away and shoot them in the face! I also feel bad for Mr. Brooker. :(

Hope my suggestions sounded somewhat good, lol 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note, this is what we got from the Devs (the animations being removed):

-Lag issues

-Movement issues

-The "Infinite Stamina" glitch

-The game "freaking out" due to controller movements, or the game freezing due to the several movements caused

That's all :)

I always love to hear your thoughts on my ideas. I appreciate it!

Hot, haha!

Jason’s head tilts and jolts are indeed uncanny. His traits make him unique and who he is, especially when his chest heaves and he jerks his head. Very very unique. Those are two of many details that I adore. And yes, in the fashion of that Part 8 kill. It would work. And I also feel bad for him too. Everyone who portrayed Jason united at the Texas Frightmare, which was great, but it was also so sad because Richard Brooker is dead and couldn’t tag along in an amazing photograph. :(

Oh yeah, I enjoyed that stream! I was thrilled to see the Chuck reference from Part 3 and the Jenny hang kill too. Seeing the films embodied by these challenges and the cinematic kills make me so happy, but in a way that’s indescribable. (Just passionate harping - I do this a lot as I am such a fangirl lol.)

Yeah, I remember hearing the developers bring up the questions about the animations. I especially remember them talking about the exploit with certain animations. Here’s to hoping that they’ll bring them back - no promises or guarantees, but hope.