17 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I was watching the Alpha gameplay trailer and the game looks SO MUCH BETTER than it does now. What I especially like WAY BETTER is Jason's walking animation in the Alpha. Take a look at the walking animation in the video below. The animation looks much more natural and way scarier.

I absolutely love the early alpha. Wish it was like that now.

21 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I absolutely love the early alpha. Wish it was like that now.

We all do. The Alpha was gorgeous. However that build was just meant to show off the game to get people interested. Not meant for gameplay. That's why it looked so good. But still, looks fantastic.

• Like 1

I agree with you. If those Beta animations were used again, the game would be a much more compelling experience because of how alive Jason seemed. Especially the way he'd turn around - that was pretty awesome. The differences in the alpha and current graphics are mind-boggling, and it's disappointing to know that they aren't as great as they used to be. Although they still look nice now anyway. I see that this is something you care for so much, and I really respect that a lot. I would love to see those animations make a return, since the engine update is coming, which leaves room for more fluid animations and overall improvement in the game's look. :)

Something that I would like to hear again are the removed Pamela quotes shown in the Alpha though...

What was the point of removing these anyway? I would completely understand if it was lag/internet issues/glitches, etc. But if they removed the animations for the fucking sake of it, I'm gonna get pissed. Oh, also, when you were crouch-walking in the Beta, you made lots of breathing noises. Was this too unrealistic or just "annoying"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

What was the point of removing these anyway? I would completely understand if it was lag/internet issues/glitches, etc. But if they removed the animations for the fucking sake of it, I'm gonna get pissed. Oh, also, when you were crouch-walking in the Beta, you made lots of breathing noises. Was this too unrealistic or just "annoying"?

I agree. Everyone likes a video game that offers the players a realistic experience. Jason's animations reminded me of the films, and that's what I want from this game. As for the breathing noises, I don't think they'd be annoying at all personally.

Just now, TheRustedBlade said:

I agree. Everyone likes a video game that offers the players a realistic experience. Jason's animations reminded me of the films, and that's what I want from this game. As for the breathing noises, I don't think they'd be annoying at all personally.

Me too, in fact. Wouldn't it be realistic if you heard breathing noises while jogging, too? Bc, Vanessa can go a full 10 minutes jogging and she, for one, doesn't make a single sound except for footsteps. It sucks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Me too, in fact. Wouldn't it be realistic if you heard breathing noises while jogging, too? Bc, Vanessa can go a full 10 minutes jogging and she, for one, doesn't make a single sound except for footsteps. It sucks.

Yes, it would be realistic. It really does suck.

3 minutes ago, TheRustedBlade said:

Yes, it would be realistic. It really does suck.

If I were you, I would watch a beta video, JUST for confirmation. 

lol i always use that video^

The breathing sounds WAY more realistic, not just running and then starting to (I think hyperventilate) when you're about to run out of stamina. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

If I were you, I would watch a beta video, JUST for confirmation. 

lol i always use that video^

Thanks for sharing that video! Those cautious door opening animations were perfect for the situation. They put more emotion into Tiffany and the other counselors because they seemed paranoid and alert, and that works darn well. I also see a difference in the crouch movement, it looks so nice.

Just now, TheRustedBlade said:

Thanks for sharing that video! Those cautious door opening animations were perfect for the situation. They put more emotion into Tiffany and the other counselors because they seemed paranoid and alert, and that works darn well. I also see a difference in the crouch movement, it looks so nice.

YES! Also, no problem! I think I know why the door animations were removed; the doors were stuck and you would go into first person. Its sad. :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

YES! Also, no problem! I think I know why the door animations were removed; the doors were stuck and you would go into first person. Its sad. :(

That's sad for sure. :(

3 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Are there any animation ideas you have for the current game, or any visual improvements period?

16 hours ago, TheRustedBlade said:

Are there any animation ideas you have for the current game, or any visual improvements period?

oohohohohohoh, I'm gonna faint. YES!

Some Ideas:

1. Give counselors and Jason the animations back.

2. Add 2 or 3 new door opening animations, such as the ones in the beta.

3. Make counselors go at an average pace when performing actions, such as not putting in the battery so damn quickly, or as @TheRustedBlade blade stated, low repair characters go a bit slower every time they repair and high repair characters go faster as they know what they're doing.

(see what I mean? ^)

4. Close the drawers if there has been something in there that has been taken, leave them open if there hasn't. (Or give the player the choice, or just close the drawers either way.)

5. Give counselors their original clothing that they had, such as a darker Vanessa default outfit or Tiffany's darker denim shorts. Or maybe their "concept art", like AJ's cassette tape on her tank top.

6. FIX JENNY'S HAIR!!

7. Give some new animations to Jason, such as the walking animations in the Alpha that were previously described.

8. Again, give the counselors some new animations, like idle animations or the original "worried, look around" expression counselors had in the Beta.

9. Instead of counselors holding their arm after they stepped into the trap, maybe something else?

10. Slow down the current swing animation for counselors, or at least make this a -negative when rolling perks, so for example, 6% increased Jason stun, 3% decrease swing animation. Or, as TheRustedBlade mentioned, low strength characters go while swinging, average characters go at the normal pace, and high strength characters go a bit faster.

11. Give counselors the realistic breathe animations when jogging; ffs, Deb can jog forever and she doesn't make a damn noise except at the end of her stamina bar. Or maybe low stamina characters pant more often than high stamina counselors.

12. Replace the current weapon holding animations; it looks too wonky while running with a baseball bat. I get triggered but in a good way when I see AJ in her default outfit jogging with a fire poker.

13. Maybe add back the "Jason steps in the room when he breaks down the door" animation? Maybe some realistic animations too, such as the door actually breaking when you hit it, not breaking after you hit it.

14. Add some beta attributes, like the lighting, for example.

15. Remove hair physics (for a bit) and don't fuck it up, like when Jen escapes on the boat, her hair be flyin' all over the place. Das a big no-no for me!

16. Add Jason destroying the windows with blinds, just for shits and giggles.

17. Add a feature to remove Pamela's voice lines/counselor voice lines.

Just some thoughts. :P

38 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

oohohohohohoh, im gonna faint. YES!

Some Ideas:

3. Make counselors go at an average pace when performing actions, such as not putting in the battery so damn quickly.

(see what I mean? ^)

4. Close the drawers if there has been something in there that has been taken, leave them open if there hasn't. (Or give the player the choice, or just close the drawers either way.)

5. Give counselors their original clothing that they had, such as a darker Vanessa default outfit or Tiffany's darker denim shorts. Or maybe their "concept art", like AJ's cassette tape on her tank top.

6. FIX JENNY'S HAIR!!

7. Give some new animations to Jason, such as the walking animations in the Alpha that were previously described.

8. Again, give the counselors some new animations, like idle animations or the original "worried, look around" expression counselors had in the Beta.

9. Instead of counselors holding their arm after they stepped into the trap, maybe something else?

10. Slow down the current swing animation for counselors, or at least make this a -negative when rolling perks, so for example, 6% increased Jason stun, 3% decrease swing animation.

11. Give counselors the realistic breathe animations when jogging; ffs, Deb can jog forever and she doesn't make a damn noise except at the end of her stamina bar.

12. Replace the current weapon holding animations; it looks too wonky while running with a baseball bat. I get triggered but in a good way when I see AJ in her default outfit jogging with a fire poker.

13. Maybe add back the "Jason steps in the room when he breaks down the door" animation?

Before I give my thoughts, thank you for taking the time to put much thought and effort into your response! This topic I can tell you get eager about, which is so cool! 

1. Yes, please do bring those old animations back. 

2. This is a good thought. Counselors do the same repetitive thing when opening doors, whether they burst through the door or walk slowly.

3. Absolutely. Making the animations slower is better in terms of realism. They would correctly represent low repair stats. Tiffany or Buggzy for example shouldn’t repair the parts like they truly know what they’re doing with them. Deborah or Eric do, and that’s why “faster” animations for them are justified. 

4. Yes. This could save time, even a few brief seconds. 

5. I would love to see the original colors and looks of the clothing, especially AJ’s concept art shirt!

6. 100% with you there! Make that hair look more natural! 

7. Please please please. I feel that Jason is lacking life because of the way he is animated. Spin around in circles as him and you’ll get my drift. 

8. Yeah, touch on those expressions for sure. Imbue more life and personality into the counselors.

9. I totally agree with you. That’s a pet peeve for me because stepping in a trap doesn’t at all form a wound in your shoulder. Muscles in your lower leg would be affected, so a real-looking limping animation would cause tension when chased I think. 

10. That’s a rational idea. Or do this according to the Strength stat (a character such as Buggzy or Adam are more likely to swing faster, while a weaker character like Deborah would swing it slower).

11. Yes. It’s weird to run for a while and not pant as a result. 

12. YES. And also bring back Tommy holding his shot gun rather than have it floating. He naturally looked more vigilant and armed in that manner. Apply this to other counselors too. Why was Tommy’s Beta line removed? It was really reminiscent of Jason Lives because it held onto his determination in that film. “This is between me and Jason” is so Tommy Jarvis. 

13. This would be nice, but players would hate to step in a trap on the opposite side of the door waiting to bite into his ankle. This I counter with Shift anyway, but Jason would take that trap like a man lol. 

14. Definitely! The lighting looked so good! 

15. Right, it’s hilarious seeing that hair go nuts lol.

16. Yeah, why not? Jason would do anything to try to catch his prey.

17. Hearing Pamela puts a smile on my face, but I understand the repetition of her lines annoying people. If only they’d bring back, “Hahahaha, that’s my boy.” 

26 minutes ago, TheRustedBlade said:

Before I give my thoughts, thank you for taking the time to put much thought and effort into your response! This topic I can tell you get eager about, which is so cool! 

1. Yes, please do bring those old animations back. 

2. This is a good thought. Counselors do the same repetitive thing when opening doors, whether they burst through the door or walk slowly.

3. Absolutely. Making the animations slower is better in terms of realism. They would correctly represent low repair stats. Tiffany or Buggzy for example shouldn’t repair the parts like they truly know what they’re doing with them. Deborah or Eric do, and that’s why “faster” animations for them are justified. 

4. Yes. This could save time, even a few brief seconds. 

5. I would love to see the original colors and looks of the clothing, especially AJ’s concept art shirt!

6. 100% with you there! Make that hair look more natural! 

7. Please please please. I feel that Jason is lacking life because of the way he is animated. Spin around in circles as him and you’ll get my drift. 

8. Yeah, touch on those expressions for sure. Imbue more life and personality into the counselors.

9. I totally agree with you. That’s a pet peeve for me because stepping in a trap doesn’t at all form a wound in your shoulder. Muscles in your lower leg would be affected, so a real-looking limping animation would cause tension when chased I think. 

10. That’s a rational idea. Or do this according to the Strength stat (a character such as Buggzy or Adam are more likely to swing faster, while a weaker character like Deborah would swing it slower).

11. Yes. It’s weird to run for a while and not pant as a result. 

12. YES. And also bring back Tommy holding his shot gun rather than have it floating. He naturally looked more vigilant and armed in that manner. Apply this to other counselors too. Why was Tommy’s Beta line removed? It was really reminiscent of Jason Lives because it held onto his determination in that film. “This is between me and Jason” is so Tommy Jarvis. 

13. This would be nice, but players would hate to step in a trap on the opposite side of the door waiting to bite into his ankle. This I counter with Shift anyway, but Jason would take that trap like a man lol. 

14. Definitely! The lighting looked so good! 

15. Right, it’s hilarious seeing that hair go nuts lol.

16. Yeah, why not? Jason would do anything to try to catch his prey.

17. Hearing Pamela puts a smile on my face, but I understand the repetition of her lines annoying people. If only they’d bring back, “Hahahaha, that’s my boy.” 

Thank you. I liked your ideas and considered them for myself, lol. I liked your response for 3 and 10, it would make sense tbh. Glad you agree with me! :)

• Like 1

Oh, and, one more thing I forgot to mention: The counselor animations when they are receiving an attack. And believe it or not, when a counselor die, the sounds you hear are different to others, which is really confusing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

oohohohohohoh, im gonna faint. YES!

Some Ideas:

3. Make counselors go at an average pace when performing actions, such as not putting in the battery so damn quickly.

(see what I mean? ^)

6. FIX JENNY'S HAIR!!

10. Slow down the current swing animation for counselors, or at least make this a -negative when rolling perks, so for example, 6% increased Jason stun, 3% decrease swing animation.

11. Give counselors the realistic breathe animations when jogging; ffs, Deb can jog forever and she doesn't make a damn noise except at the end of her stamina bar.

13. Maybe add back the "Jason steps in the room when he breaks down the door" animation?

15. Remove hair physics (for a bit) and don't fuck it up, like when Jen escapes on the boat, her hair be flyin' all over the place. Das a big no no for me!

16. Add Jason destroying the windows with blinds, just for shits and giggles.

17. Add a feature to remove Pamela's voice lines/counselor voice lines.

I agree with everything except with the last one.  Is so satisfying heard counselors scream when you are chasing them.  Besides,  some actors that play the characters do a pretty good job,  would be a chase waste it,  as well with Pamela.

I hope devs listen to your suggestion and maybe do some of the stuff you said.  By the way,  the hair is gonna be fixed with the engine upgrade. 

• Like 2

I wasn't able to play beta, but I went back and watched some video comparisons on youtube.  I found one that compared the lighting and graphics outside the Higgins lodge during alpha and now.  WOW.  I'm not sure about the animations you guys are referring to, but the look of Higgins lodge was A LOT better during Alpha than it is now.  It was so dark, and the lighting was great and created a really creepy atmosphere.  The overall look of the Alpha seemed a lot scarier to me.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Thank you. I liked your ideas and considered them for myself, lol. I liked your response for 3 and 10, it would make sense tbh. Glad you agree with me! :)

You’re welcome! And I’m glad that you liked my ideas! :)

6 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Oh, and, one more thing I forgot to mention: The counselor animations when they are receiving an attack. And believe it or not, when a counselor die, the sounds you hear are different to others, which is really confusing.

Good idea. 

51 minutes ago, Matt23leo said:

I wasn't able to play beta, but I went back and watched some video comparisons on youtube.  I found one that compared the lighting and graphics outside the Higgins lodge during alpha and now.  WOW.  I'm not sure about the animations you guys are referring to, but the look of Higgins lodge was A LOT better during Alpha than it is now.  It was so dark, and the lighting was great and created a really creepy atmosphere.  The overall look of the Alpha seemed a lot scarier to me.  

It really was. It’s too bad that the previous atmosphere was stripped away. In my honest opinion, it’s dull now. When I first watched the Alpha it blew me away. I fangirled for sure lol. 

• Like 1

I agree that Alpha/Beta looked smoother/better, the sound blips, walking animations, etc.

One thing I will say is its a good thing they changed the way Shift works because if they left it the way it was in Alpha combined with the way the game is played now. He would be even worse off.

12 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

would be a chase waste it. 

I need to stop answer something on my phone. Would be a CHASE? Seriously phone?  I really hate when this happen xD.