Adding Back Beta Animations 

The beta of Friday The 13th The Game looked really good. Much more trees and bushes. Characters looked better. Houses and lighting were much better as well. I don't know the reason why the beta looked so good and the release looked pretty bad and I'm hoping one day the game will look as good as the beta. But the thing that makes me really mad is why some of the animations from the beta are gone. Especially the Jason ones. 

Here take a look down below:

Dv1WyL8k_lV1emwmycVY-SkDu-vojb9rp2JDXlhRmu737_Wz6OwlozjvjR_LtWT29lNF-U4vDdX-WIojxyj8W1kGOh9U4SnLTNy-KvnExLALvias2OhoM1Zig2qOUnAo1LmjSexf

5keyD9Pbd4JANLJPj1Q6EX09-rS1Yvwhlmfy3OxxbgNWT4DJlGGfcbyCv1K6KljlytTerpFbdzQClMCd_PPC9GC1DETBcBYrywT50VlgPoes1gMuurvMpmUKEF5C2hINTzXUIjpS

0wHq0_lyruT19PbNQlp0FQUCDWo12UG2TcuSFf6Akm5rwD_K1ergHEM_IzMGkie3lrQ703SIuxNcY0Y7FffUnT8NiNUQWkpkorU-4O-fzb0UUgP_GqAiFKjNWQeFrDleZxlS1EDq

IaXSWpzAjXlsLyHVs_wkDc3rZPjoTsIbp2TEJ5CJ0L_m2SozlwLNL8G-hcBLIc2ShZEkz2apxmJa1fYE9V1WFuFBs_6rQ1nPsSSVvJK1T8-IszEvJq5FzhGP6B9Vs8fam1cjqmzv

Look at how good these look! These look so amazing! I don't understand why these aren't in the final release. They said they are trying to make Jason Scarier. If they add these animations back from the beta Jason would look and feel so much scarier. They make Jason feel more alive and relentless. Especially that last clip of Part 3 Jason. Imagine you saw him running at you like that after trying to break down a door. Don't lie, that would be so much scarier.

I know we can get this back in the game guys. If enough people ask for it back then we'll get it. 

Thanks for reading this. And please, fill free to comment your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear your guy's feedback on this.

- Deku Scrub

BTW if you can't add these back because of consoles then just add them back to PC. I don't even play on PC but i still would like one version of the game to at least have it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, disco romance said:

They mentioned the beta varies from the final release because they had to downgrade when going to consoles.

Wait what.....

@Gertz is online right now. You could ask him if he knows what happened to the start-up to run and turning animations Jason had back in the Beta.

I honestly would like these back, they add some real to the game. Yes we have emotes and costumes but being able to move like that! That makes it feel a bit more real, your playing a human not a robot.

You should do a video comparison so we can more easily tell what the differences are if you're able.

5 hours ago, disco romance said:

They mentioned the beta varies from the final release because they had to downgrade when going to consoles.

If that's the case then there's no excuse why they shouldn't be on PC...

whoa that's quite the difference. I forgot about the beta animations.

I like it. It'd be nice if they readded them. They make Jason look more organic, especially when he leans forward a bit before jogging. 

You can see the counselor beta animations at :33 also- the sprint startup. I think one of the devs said something on the discord about those animations being serverside (whatever tf that means) and that it caused players to get frozen sometimes while opening drawers. Still, wish they could find a way to implement them :( seems like a waste of mocap.

11 minutes ago, Turtle said:

You can see the counselor beta animations at :33 also- the sprint startup. I think one of the devs said something on the discord about those animations being serverside (whatever tf that means) and that it caused players to get frozen sometimes while opening drawers. Still, wish they could find a way to implement them :( seems like a waste of mocap.

Well then they should have figured out a way to make them local-side rather than server-side. smh.

Players still get stuck while opening drawers so I guess taking beta animations out must have not fixed anything much.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:37 PM, Turtle said:

13 minutes ago, ShinobiFox said:

Players still get stuck while opening drawers so I guess taking beta animations out must have not fixed anything much.

Looks so goood

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, Turtle said:

Same I really wish they would add them back in. Everything looks much more smooth and the frame rate isn’t jumping between animations. This makes the current version look like ass.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Make this topic great again.

Wow thank you for bringing this Topic back up. I completely forgot I made it ?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's ridiculous how they were taken out. These need to be added back to the game. @ShiftySamurai please let Gun and Illfonic know that this is one of the more requested features we want back in the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Son Gohan said:

It's ridiculous how they were taken out. These need to be added back to the game. @ShiftySamurai please let Gun and Illfonic know that this is one of the more requested features we want back in the game.

7 hours ago, I Am H1 Michael said:

Those animations need to come back to the game.

Of course. When I first saw that these were removed, I got kinda mad and sad because I couldn't play the Beta.

16 hours ago, Im A Deku Scrub said:

Wow thank you for bringing this Topic back up. I completely forgot I made it ?.

No problem lol xD

7 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

If they add this animations back I promess I will not complain about Jason grab again pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's not gonna work buddy ?.

I was watching the Alpha gameplay trailer and the game looks SO MUCH BETTER than it does now. What I especially like WAY BETTER is Jason's walking animation in the Alpha. Take a look at the walking animation in the video below. The animation looks much more natural and way scarier.

Edited by TestedTwice
Gun Media deleted their video, so here's another copy.