Jump to content
uberXJoshua

I don't understand Jason x hate

Recommended Posts

If you’re a fan of Jason X more props to you but I loathe that film. It was difficult enough to watch the very first time simply because it’s Jason in space. In my opinion, a god awful concept. It just loses all authenticity of what made Friday the 13th what it is but the same could be said for Part 9. 

Im slowly rewatching each film as my girlfriend has never seen any of them. We just finished Part 6. I’m still thinking Part 4 is my favorite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

If you’re a fan of Jason X more props to you but I loathe that film. It was difficult enough to watch the very first time simply because it’s Jason in space. In my opinion, a god awful concept. It just loses all authenticity of what made Friday the 13th what it is but the same could be said for Part 9. 

Im slowly rewatching each film as my girlfriend has never seen any of them. We just finished Part 6. I’m still thinking Part 4 is my favorite.

 

I respect your opinion but....

 

F13 formula that made the series what it is.... sex crazed teens in an isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

Jason X formula sex crazed teens in isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

I'm missing how Jason x lost authenticity of what made f13 movies what they are......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

I respect your opinion but....

 

F13 formula that made the series what it is.... sex crazed teens in an isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

Jason X formula sex crazed teens in isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

I'm missing how Jason x lost authenticity of what made f13 movies what they are......

Unrealistic setting, cheesy lines, no real suspense,  no fear,  I'll give it originality though. 

It doesn't feel like a slasher it feels like a d rated syfy movie of a serial killer in space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Unrealistic setting, cheesy lines, no real suspense,  no fear,  I'll give it originality though. 

It doesn't feel like a slasher it feels like a d rated syfy movie of a serial killer in space. 

Other than cheesy setting you just described part 3, 6,7, 8 and 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Other than cheesy setting you just described part 3, 6,7, 8 and 9

Those movies were cheesy too shit lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason X is a piece of shit. Did they hire a 10 year old to write the script? Does Jason really need to turn into a stupid power ranger? So suddenly nipple pinching is erotic?

The movie as a whole has a whole lot of stupid ideas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason X is pretty dumb but kinda fun. It does feel like a Sci-Fi channel spinoff, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when I'm in the right mood.

But, seeing how this is nothing to do with the actual game itself, I'll pop this over to All Things Horror instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

I respect your opinion but....

 

F13 formula that made the series what it is.... sex crazed teens in an isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

Jason X formula sex crazed teens in isolated place with little to no adult supervision who are soon being hunted by Jason and have nowhere to run with lil hope for survival. Jason kills mostly all in awesome different gruesome ways until 1-2 better him and escape

 

 

I'm missing how Jason x lost authenticity of what made f13 movies what they are......

The setting is in space nuff said lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Loading said:

Jason X is a piece of shit. Did they hire a 10 year old to write the script? Does Jason really need to turn into a stupid power ranger? So suddenly nipple pinching is erotic?

The movie as a whole has a whole lot of stupid ideas.

Lol the movie is a satire on horror there it's subtext to the nipple pinching and the scene is kind of a bait and switch joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Jason X is pretty dumb but kinda fun. It does feel like a Sci-Fi channel spinoff, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when I'm in the right mood.

But, seeing how this is nothing to do with the actual game itself, I'll pop this over to All Things Horror instead.

It did in the beginning of post lol I was talking bout how Uber in  movie and uber coming to game gets crap from ppl this thread has been mutated by nanobots into Uber thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyNameisJason said:

The setting is in space nuff said lol. 

Everything else stays true to the formula the setting is redundant to the formula 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

Everything else stays true to the formula the setting is redundant to the formula 

Understood but the formula was Earth and camp coubselors not outer space and Cyborg Jason. Just saying those two things makes me laugh. The game would not be Friday the 13th without Jason X so I can accept him being in the game. I would actually want him to be in the game if it had not been planned but neither of those scenarios requires me to like the film. Sadly, I must imagine a place where Jason X and Part 9 never happened. 

I still have to rewatch Part 8 but at least that was Jason on planet Earth, albeit Manhattan but more believable and less cheesmo than Jason in space any day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Understood but the formula was Earth and camp coubselors not outer space and Cyborg Jason. Just saying those two things makes me laugh. The game would not be Friday the 13th without Jason X so I can accept him being in the game. I would actually want him to be in the game if it had not been planned but neither of those scenarios requires me to like the film. Sadly, I must imagine a place where Jason X and Part 9 never happened. 

I still have to rewatch Part 8 but at least that was Jason on planet Earth, albeit Manhattan but more believable and less cheesmo than Jason in space any day. 

Teens on a field trip away from civilization ......camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Teens on a field trip away from civilization ......camp

I’m sorry, I just can’t. It’s space and Jason doesn’t belong in space. And what group of teenagers is going to be in control of a spacecraft? Granted this is the future so who knows what rules or policies exist at that time but it’s just too corny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it's an insult. Like, I get it, you shouldn't take Friday the 13th too seriously, but Jason X just feels like they're making a joke out of the character. I'm supposed to be happy they did something this stupid to him? Am I supposed to cheer when a random cyborg gets to kick the crap out of him and make him look weak? Maybe I should be glad almost half the deaths take place off screen.

I try to like Jason X. There's parts of it I really enjoy. Jason vs. the Security team on the ship is one of the tensest and well directed scenes in the series. Him banging on the door where all the survivors are hiding before going silent and them all watching in fear is a very scary scene. And yes, I do laugh at the virtual reality Crystal Lake.

But then I always remember that the film is saying "Friday the 13th is a dumb series so we should do whatever the fuck we want to the canon because who gives a shit?" Well I give a shit. And having Jason go to space after being frozen is a horrible way to end his story, especially when FvJ is a much better ending to the original timeline. The only way I accept Jason X in the slightest is as a non-canon, what-if story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like 1, 2, 6, and the remake. That's literally it. I don't care much for X and I regret buying it to be honest. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

6, 7 and 8 I like (6 to a lesser extent).

The remake is boring, FvJ is horribly written (but the fight scene was excellent), X is a joke and Hell is a messy, poorly edited film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even like the fight. Freddy was extremely overpowered, and if it wasn't for the fact that he exploited the environment around him and made use of it, he would've lost big time. Whenever he directly fought Jason, he basically just clawed at his arms and back, and a lot of the things he did were straight up dick moves that only happened after Jason had been weakened, like clawing his eyes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason X had good moments and not so great moments.The professor is too greedy when he learns what he has is a serial killer,doesn't listen to Rowan story on how they try to kill him.Firing squad hanged him gassed him ETC.And yet he put his students and every one on board in danger of course it wouldn't be a Jason film without the  kills.Like many other franchises before it taking a character that been on earth then hey we might as well put them in space.Because that's what fans want seeing Pinhead in space the very last good Hellraiser film .Hellraiser Oblivion. Leprechaun 4 in space and Critters 4 in space .All three films have something in common IV sequel in a series.Imagine Jason didn't kill the pilot got back to space station.Plus we never really got a true sequel after this.FVJ return both icons with over the top gore the way both franchise should be.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Jason X alot,but then,i also enjoyed alot of the entries in the series where they had a sense of humor,like Part 6,8,X,VS and the remake.If anything,i give them credit for trying new things and trying to see what works and what doesn't.Although,i am a bit easy on movies and such,due to my learning disability.As long as i can understand the plot,i know what's going on,and the subject matter appeals to me,then i am having a good time.If the movie is too confusing,way over my head,or of subject matter that i'm just not into,then i'm bored,even if it's a movie that won many awards.I'm just different than everyone else,and i'm okay with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 1:54 PM, razeak said:

I really didn't like the android. It was the acting. I know it's an f13 film but that was the worst in the series IMO. I like the face freeze, screw kill, and sleeping bags the most.

H

Brodski is the freaking man and I like the actor that portrayed him.

No. The WORST acting in a F13 movie was in part 3 where the chick going down the stairs was screaming "Oh my god" constantly in a weird ass voice....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even in the Crystal Lake documentary they make fun of this one. They knew it was awful. Bad script, awful CG, dumb idea. Other than watching it for a few kills, it's clearly in the bottom 3 of the series; along with JGTH and FvJ. It's a horrible film.  

 I think him being added to the game is cool, the Grendel will be an interesting map, but don't care for the movie at all. 

I think for the map, the parts in red are part of the ship that can be either escape pods, or they will be a section to lock Jason off on and break away from the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X just felt like a quick cashcow. "Oh! Lets set it in space! That'll bring em in!" Really though my issue was the bad acting and the fact that it was just kind of boring as an F13 movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason X had it's moments sure, but I liken it to Highlander II The Quickening... a part of the franchise which was cast off and ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×