uberXJoshua

I don't understand Jason x hate

11 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Like Hellraiser, when it went to space it jumped the shark.

Well not so much cenobites are eternal that movie wasn't them getting sent to the future it was a story of eventuality people in future would encounter the cenobites

11 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Um no in part 3 chick puts machete into his head he throws his arms up and keeps coming at her and I never said it was Jason in part five I was talking bout machete to his head in barn in.part three

Come on now horror movie buff expert that wasn't a machete it was an axe in part 3. You sure you watched part 3 that was a trailer I think? Still if she hit him hard enough that the axe stuck in his skull but didn't go down in his brain it could've knocked him out and not killed him. Judging by animals I've killed over the years and cut up beavers for a good example, you can't just wack their tails once with a machete and it just fly off real easy. So a weak girl is not a good guarantee of that axe going very deep.

16 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

Come on now horror movie buff expert that wasn't a machete it was an axe in part 3. You sure you watched part 3 that was a trailer I think? Still if she hit him hard enough that the axe stuck in his skull but didn't go down in his brain it could've knocked him out and not killed him. Judging by animals I've killed over the years and cut up beavers for a good example, you can't just wack their tails once with a machete and it just fly off real easy. So a weak girl is not a good guarantee of that axe going very deep.

Never said I was a horror movie buff it's been a while since I watched it but the blade went into his head. In fact that's what they thought killed him until he woke up in morgue in part 4. But none of the punishment he took prior to death in part 4 was realistic as far as him constantly shaking it off...wouldn't happen in real life unless Jason was a "dust" head junkie. Give him some pcp maybe he takes that much damage and keeps going. Mask or not taking axe to top of head is going to realistically mess a dude up...bad...not be shook off. In fact being thought drowned yet being alive being a mentally retarded child growing up living off the land by himself without starving or getting deadly infections and making it to adulthood alive isn't realistic but doesn't mean the movies aren't entertaining.

That's probably it then he's a drug abuser till they kill him. Whatever like I said from part 6 on there's no amount of drugs or anything else that could make them possible. TCM is still the best one of them all, no cussing , no nudity, no substance abuse and very very little blood even just a crazy guy with a hammer a hook and a saw. 

...Jason...in space.... 

Yeah sorry I will pass on that movie even though I have seen it before. 

It was by far way too cheesy, the acting was mediocre at best. 

The way Jason was turned into Uber Jason was absurd, really? 

Nanobots? 

...Really? 

The third movie of Sleepaway Camp was better and I consider that to be awful. 

Oh yeah and for anyone saying that it was like that because it was normal for the time, that doesn't excuse the bad acting and cheesy moments in there as well. 

I'm calling it for what it is, a cash grab. 

However Uber Jason himself... I fuck with him. 

4 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

That's probably it then he's a drug abuser till they kill him. Whatever like I said from part 6 on there's no amount of drugs or anything else that could make them possible. TCM is still the best one of them all, no cussing , no nudity, no substance abuse and very very little blood even just a crazy guy with a hammer a hook and a saw. 

Tcm is very much believable but none of f13 movies involving Jason are realistic mostly trying to believe a mentally retarded boy survived drowning and then all alone made it to adulthood by himself with noone knowing or helping him.but still I love all f13 movies believable or not because no matter how xtremel they are plotwise none of them are realistic as far as being possible that's why I'm whether it's 2-4 or 6-x they are entertainment the more fantastical the better because I get enough real life in um real life

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

...Jason...in space.... 

Yeah sorry I will pass on that movie even though I have seen it before. 

It was by far way too cheesy, the acting was mediocre at best. 

The way Jason was turned into Uber Jason was absurd, really? 

Nanobots? 

...Really? 

The third movie of Sleepaway Camp was better and I consider that to be awful. 

Oh yeah and for anyone saying that it was like that because it was normal for the time, that doesn't excuse the bad acting and cheesy moments in there as well. 

I'm calling it for what it is, a cash grab. 

Smh lol were u even alive in 2001?

6 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Smh lol were u even alive in 2001?

Yes I was, were you alive when Psycho came out and the first Friday the 13th as well as Halloween? 

• Like 1

Jason X is an enjoyable, terrible movie that every fan of Friday the 13th watched as part of their fanly duties. There's things about it that were cool and there was plenty to hate. It is what it is.

Jason X was dogshit, but I'm still happy Uber-Jason is being added to the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

I hear X getting so much crap.

I see the f13 game fanbase bashing this movie usually by saying Jason in space was just dumb, I honestly believe most people saying this are newbies brought to the franchise by the game who haven't even seen Jason x and just assume because Jason x is in space it must be dumb, but if they'd actually watch it maybe they'd see how much fun the film actually was....only wish one day we get pre Uber Jason X.

I love Jason X. It might actually be tied with Part 6 as my favorite.

But I can understand people not liking it, especially life long fans. Parts 1 - 5 have their own feel and a way of looking at things that Parts 6 and up don't. 1 - 5 people should understandably hate Jason X. I can also understand them not liking anything 6 and up. 

If people don't like sci-fi they're not going to appreciate it either. I do, and I think they did a pretty decent job with it. 

Also, a lot of people can't separate concept from character. For me the main character is most important, which is why I think Nightmare 2 is one of the best. Jason, in Jason X, is performed to perfection. 

Which leads me to the real situation here....not getting Pre-Uber Jason in the game. The opening kill scene ALONE should've put Uber Jason on the back burner for a minute. All the fun comes from Pre-Uber Jason in Jason X. 

I can't relate to Uber Jason. What the hell did he do? I've already done the sleeping bag kill!

Jason X is why I love Friday the 13th franchise. From the 7th film, every movie has is own concept.

Carrie's like for the 7, Boat and city for 8, Hidden's like for Jason goes to hell and Jason in space. Then the reboot came out and it's just a slasher like another, but I really love it too because it's fun and Nispel is a good visual technician but it's no more crazy than 80's/90's movies. 

The X maybe go a little to far but it's fun and murders are really cool.

I'm incredibly happy that they are adding him to the game but the movie didn't fail because of the leak, it failed because it was a terrible movie.

Part 8, 9 and X were all terrible movies that should be tossed in a very deep pit and purged from existence imo. I know people like those films and I respect that but the general consensus is that those movies suck.

Jason X was goofy as hell and not a single shred of seriousness was in the movie...which is why I adore it.

I personally think that Jason being unleashed in space and mass slaughtering people, and then being burned into the Earth's atmosphere was a great sendoff for the series and the character. Uber Jason was badass and Jason X had some of the best kills in the series. The scene with the holographic girls is one of the funniest scenes in franchise imo. Jason X is the only film post-Part 6 that I will regularly rewatch although a part of me still likes the idea of Jason being chained at the bottom of the lake.

Jason X is on my list of movies to re-watch.  Saw it in the theatres when it came out but I can't remember a single thing about it.   

quote:

udging by animals I've killed over the years and cut up beavers for a good example, you can't just wack their tails once with a machete and it just fly off real easy.

AHHHHH!

11 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I'm incredibly happy that they are adding him to the game but the movie didn't fail because of the leak, it failed because it was a terrible movie.

Part 8, 9 and X were all terrible movies that should be tossed in a very deep pit and purged from existence imo. I know people like those films and I respect that but the general consensus is that those movies suck.

I wouldn't say general consensus cuz more it's down the middle so far more seem to like on this thread

4 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

Iyho what is best and worst scene in Jason x and best and worst character

It's been so long since I actually watched it. I just remember him being frozen in the beginning or something along those lines. I remember someone losing a body part or some mess like that and there was someway to restore it.

I do remember the only scene I really straight out liked.. not because of it being a Jason style moment.. but because I busted out laughing was the two top less computer generated chick's that Jason dual wielded and slammed into a tree.

Overall.. the film was full of so much cheese... Jason should have never been in space.. around that time they'd likely make free willy 3 space pirates.

• Thanks 1

Let me just say that I actually like Part 8, even if it's 10 minutes too long. I think that the first half is a pretty good slasher. The second half needed work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

I wouldn't say general consensus cuz more it's down the middle so far more seem to like on this thread

That's fair, a lot of people do like it BECAUSE it's bad. The movie has pretty terrible reviews across the board (18-25%) and if you look at a bunch of the good/high reviews on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes many of the reviews say the same thing along the lines of "It's so bad that it's good*.

I can see myself watching it again as a guilty pleasure movie but I tend to think of it not as F13 but more as one of those enjoyable crappy low budget shows you would see on SyFy or some other tv channel. It is mildly amusing and entertaining at times but it is not a good movie and most certainly is not a good F13 movie imo.

13 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

That's fair, a lot of people do like it BECAUSE it's bad. The movie has pretty terrible reviews across the board (18-25%) and if you look at a bunch of the good/high reviews on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes many of the reviews say the same thing along the lines of "It's so bad that it's good*.

I can see myself watching it again as a guilty pleasure movie but I tend to think of it not as F13 but more as one of those enjoyable crappy low budget shows you would see on SyFy or some other tv channel. It is mildly amusing and entertaining at times but it is not a good movie and most certainly is not a good F13 movie imo.

Fair enough to each his own

16 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Honestly I love Jason X This video does a really solid job of explaining how I feel about it.

Thank you thank you 1000x thank you

Lol he even says what I said in my post referencing he just wants his machete back afterall lol verbatim

I've seen every Friday since part 4 when they first came out at the movies, and I have this on DVD of course.  It's by far my least-watched for obvious reasons.  X is all but universally the most hated one.  Just an out and out lame concept.  But like any movie, it has its moments.  The kills are basically it for me.

18 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

X is all but universally the most hated one.

I would say universally Part 5, 8 and JGTH are most hated.

Jason X has been getting more and more appreciation as time goes on. I've been bringing it up to all my horror friends and they all, at least, like it; from the casuals to the crazies.