uberXJoshua

I don't understand Jason x hate

With Uber coming soon to this amazing game I wanted to bring up something that just blows my mind, I'm a hardcore f13 fan whose fav installments would be in order: X, 4, 6, 1, 7, 2, 3, fvj, 5, remake, 8, 9 but I hear X getting so much crap. I think this movie was one of the most original and refreshing installments to the franchise. I grew up in the 80s and the f13 series was my fav I enjoyed every f13 movie besides jgth. Jason x was well acted, tongue in cheek funny and was awesome to see the Uber reveal in theatres, the only reason it bombed is because it leaked online over a year before hitting theatres! I see the f13 game fanbase bashing this movie usually by saying Jason in space was just dumb, I honestly believe most people saying this are newbies brought to the franchise by the game who haven't even seen Jason x and just assume because Jason x is in space it must be dumb, but if they'd actually watch it maybe they'd see how much fun the film actually was....besides he just wants his machete back after all! I can't wait to run from or hunt as uber Jason on the Grendel soon...only wish one day we get pre Uber Jason X.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't remember the movie I seen it one time and that's when it came out

Jason X had some interesting characters like KM-14

Adrienne takes the bunch because she is the hottest character in the entire series. Hopefully she is added to the game.  

A lot of poeple who hate Jason X can´t get over the space setting. Since Leprechaun, Critters and Hellraiser in space sucked everything in space has to suck, right? Wrong! Critters 4, Hellraisers 4 and Lerpechaun in Space sucked because they were bad movies in general (acting, story, pacing and most importantly production budget).

Jason X had a good budget and you can tell.  The acting was solid. The kills were great. There were a lot of creative ideas (e.g. Uber Jason, the holodeck sequence ) And it was fn´entertaining!!! Sure, it did not take itself that seriously and wasn´t as dark as Parts 1-4. But hey: Part 6 also did not take itself seriously and broke the 4th wall! And part 6 is considered one of the best Fridays.

Jason X is my third favourite F13 movie and I DEMAND pre-Uber Jason as a playable_Jason in the game!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dragonborn said:

Jason X had some interesting characters

Adrienne takes the bunch because she is the hottest character in the entire series. Hopefully she is added to the game.  

Yes... hell yes

1 minute ago, Germaniac said:

A lot of poeple who hate Jason X can´t get over the space setting. Since Leprechaun, Critters and Hellraiser in space sucked everything in space has to suck, right? Wrong! Critters 4, Hellraisers 4 and Lerpechaun in Space sucked because they were bad movies in general (acting, story, pacing and most importantly production budget).

Jason X had a good budget and you can tell.  The acting was solid. The kills were great. There were a lot of creative ideas (e.g. Uber Jason, the holodeck sequence ) And it was fn´entertaining!!! Sure, it did not take itself that seriously and wasn´t as dark as Parts 1-4. But hey: Part 6 also did not take itself seriously and broke the 4th wall! And part 6 is considered one of the best Fridays.

Jason X is my third favourite F13 movie and I DEMAND pre-Uber Jason as a playable_Jason in the game!!!

Thank you! I think alotta f13 game fans say it sucks because its in space even though most haven't even watched it. Have you read the 4 Jason x sequel novels by blackflame? They are awesome!!?!

11 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Cause the movie flat out sucks.

What was the worst scene in your opinion and the best?

I don't mind the movie, but even if I did, I just want all the Jasons. If there is a Jason variation out there,  I want it in the game.

2 minutes ago, Germaniac said:

I have to agree that a lot of the hate is due to the futuristic space setting, even Kane hodder wasn't too sure about it. I've always kind of liked the look of Uber Jason though. And you can't forget that awesome kill where he freezes the girl's face and smashes it! But still, Jason x is not one of my favorites, I must admit.

Yeah I like every movie in the series. JGTH, pt 5 and X are all great IMO. Those 3 have the best kills in the series, but they get the most shit. They're slasher movies. Its about watching people get killed in funny ways. Slasher films are much better if you kinda ignore the plot. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JASONtips said:

I'd rather watch leprechaun in space.

Iyho what is best and worst scene in Jason x and best and worst character

It's by far my least favorite because it's so boring, and it looks like a tv movie. The characters are mostly interchangeable, the comedy is cringe territory and the kills are bland aside from the liquid nitrogen and sleeping bag, the latter of which was done better in TNB. The CGI was also terrible even when it came out. Yes, the space setting hinders it, but so does the attempts at winky scripts and one liners. It's not entertaining to me at all.

I welcome X to the game, but if rather all that came before it, as the atmosphere is stronger. For the record, I don' like Part VI's humor either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Body Boy said:

It's by far my least favorite because it's so boring, and it looks like a tv movie. The characters are mostly interchangeable, the comedy is cringe territory and the kills are bland aside from the liquid nitrogen and sleeping bag, the latter of which was done better in TNB. The CGI was also terrible even when it came out. Yes, the space setting hinders it, but so does the attempts at winky scripts and one liners. It's not entertaining to me at all.

I welcome X to the game, but if rather all that came before it, as the atmosphere is stronger. For the record, I don' like Part VI's humor either.

At least your opinion is based on actually watching the film.

.thanks

X is one of my favourites. It IS silly. But almost all slasher movies are, and X ups the ante. It has good kills and self awareness, I also like the humour. I think it's the best of the Hodder movies, and it's better than Pt II, IV and V for me. 

I'm happy about Uber Jason. I hope they find a way to implement him well. I'm very interested if the Grendel map will turn the game into a seperate game-mode.

Just now, Thor_Bjarnason said:

X is one of my favourites. It IS silly. But almost all slasher movies are, and X ups the ante. It has good kills and self awareness, I also like the humour. I think it's the best of the Hodder movies, and it's better than Pt II, IV and V for me. 

I'm happy about Uber Jason. I hope they find a way to implement him well. I'm very interested if the Grendel map will turn the game into a seperate game-mode.

Hope it has it own game mode because having it as a VR would be lame 

I really didn't like the android. It was the acting. I know it's an f13 film but that was the worst in the series IMO. I like the face freeze, screw kill, and sleeping bags the most.

Brodski is the freaking man and I like the actor that portrayed him.

3 minutes ago, Dragonborn said:

Hope it has it own game mode because having it as a VR would be lame 

Vr? 

3 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Vr? 

VR as in the map is computer generated by a computer and is part of the camp 

2 minutes ago, Dragonborn said:

VR as in the map is computer generated by a computer and is part of the camp 

No it will be the Grendel not a hologram. They will just change how help is called and arrives and probably have 2-4 person  escape pods you have to repair and Uber will be playable in all maps. Every1 thought too much about how much would need changed to make Roy work but as you know nothing at all was changed.

5 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

@uberXJoshua

my favorite scene was the end credits. My least favorite scene was everything that happened after he got frozen.

Yeah u never watched it lol