ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

1 minute ago, Sogreth said:

It doesn't matter what it was "intended" to be. Devs can change how their own game is whenever they want. They wouldn't be the first Devs to change their minds about their own game, and they definitely won't be the last.

And when Jason has a 6 foot grab range, can block flareguns, firecrackers and bear traps. And a slew of other broken mechanics, you're not going to have a popular game. Which is why many people stopped playing. Balance issues was one of the leading reason people stopped playing, along with all the bugs.

That’s not when the community started leaving. This games player count took a hit after the October patch which forcefully pushed the balance to the counselors. This majority of this games community didn’t want that. That’s not why they spent money backing the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

Lol what’s wrong with Jenny’s neck?

nu5g0G.png

It is an eyesore for me to see her running around like this. Her neck was fine before the last update patch (I assume they update the counselor's looks during every patch they drop)

Here's the thing, there are two ways this could change the game for the future when it comes to player count. 

Scenario #1) This will bring back a fuck ton of players that wanted to be Jason mains but couldn't because of how many pocket knives there were and the Player count will sky rocket.  This will cause players to actually work together and accomplish objectives a lot more. Maybe this might actually have a higher success rate when it comes to escaping which would be ironic in a way. 

Scenario #2) There was way too many people who were used to the pocket knives and med sprays and liked it. Because of this they will not want to play the game anymore and the player drop will decrease even with older players returning. 

3 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

While they're at it the devs should make med sprays into pepper sprays so we can spray Jason in the face before we die cause there's no knives or weapons to help us survive a bit longer, lawl.

The changes arent gonna stop Jason being beaten up in groups which is what most have a problem with, so GG.

Silly little camper, you won't live long enough to form a group.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

At the very least more people will start choosing Jason as their preference again. At the moment, when I choose Jason as my preference I am virtually guaranteed to be him every other round. It’s a bit much even if I like to play him. 

I’m actually really looking forward to playing some counselor rounds after this patch. I’m praying the dread is there that’s been lacking since Oct. I want the tough to survive experience that was present at launch. Hopefully this patch really helps with that. 

14 minutes ago, HH Holmes said:

I've cleared all the badges. The glitches affecting them seem to come and go.

From what I can tell, the small maps and part 4 don't count for badges and achievements. 

Just now, John Wick said:

I’m not saying certain tweaks weren’t needed, the force grabbing being one of them. 

The difference is, one side whines that they couldn’t win 90% of their matches as a counselor and the other side complained that the game they helped fund, was being altered to suit a crowd that discovered the game 3 months after launch. Big, big difference.

I funded the game too. Any changes from the original format (other than bug fixes) bothers me. My concern at this point is the downward spiral of "balance issues" the developers have come across. They are wholly unable to find something to appease both sides.

Jason should be fun to play and fun to play against, and right now that isn't the case for either side. I think these changes will push a lot of people to stop playing the game if the patch turns out to have too many changes too quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Here's the thing, there are two ways this could change the game for the future when it comes to player count. 

Scenario #2) There was way too many people who were used to the pocket knives and med sprays and liked it. Because of this they will not want to play the game anymore and the player drop will decrease even with older players returning. 

Those players are irrelevant. They weren’t there at launch and the player count was more than fine. Those players were never going to stick around. 

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Scenario #1) This will bring back a fuck ton of players that wanted to be Jason mains but couldn't because of how many pocket knives there were and the Player count will sky rocket.  This will cause players to actually work together and accomplish objectives a lot more. Maybe this might actually have a higher success rate when it comes to escaping which would be ironic in a way. 

Or scenario #3) People will have gained enough experience that they will adapt just fine once the training wheels come off. 

2 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I think the second option is more likely. And will eventually kill the community of players. 

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I funded the game too. Any changes from the original format (other than bug fixes) bothers me. My concern at this point is the downward spiral of "balance issues" the developers have come across. They are wholly unable to find something to appease both sides.

Jason should be fun to play and fun to play against, and right now that isn't the case for either side. I think these changes will push a lot of people to stop playing the game if the patch turns out to have too many changes too quickly. 

Jason isn’t fun to go against because he’s a pushover. Jason isn’t fun to use because, he’s a pushover. Fix that, which hopefully this new patch does and we’ll get that true F13 feeling again. 

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I think the second option is more likely. And will eventually kill the community of players. 

It wont. At all. The majority of this games community doesn’t want the pushover Jason experience. In other words, this game may lose the Dead By Daylight community. To that, I say good riddance. 

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

Those players are irrelevant. They weren’t there at launch and the player count was more than fine. Those players were never going to stick around. 

While I want to agree with you badly those players would hold some relevancy if they were the majority.  There are a lot, and I mean a lot players that like the patch that we are currently  in. 

The forums is really not the majority if you think about it. 

5 minutes ago, John Wick said:

It wont. At all. The majority of this games community doesn’t want the pushover Jason experience. In other words, this game may lose the Dead By Daylight community. To that, I say good riddance. 

I wish that were the case, but casual players help keep games alive. Dedicated players will be there anyways, but casual players that are interested will stick around too. Without those players, numbers drop drastically and rooms become harder to find. It's already bad enough that games are hard to find. I can't see this new patch being any better. 

5 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

While I want to agree with you badly those players would hold some relevancy if they were the majority.  There are a lot, and I mean a lot players that like the patch that we are currently  in. 

The forums is really not the majority if you think about it. 

The majority means absolutely nada.

The majority of the world doesn't see the big deal or draw of the Mona Lisa.

It doesn't make it less of a masterpiece!

Since y’all are taking stuff away from counselors you should give us a new way to escape .. for example assembling bikes and escaping that way would be cool .. since they are there anyway .. but bottom line to this game is .. you either suck or you don’t .. to much whining going on 

At this point, I routinely find cabins filled with empty draws, 2-3 each radios and maps and literally nothing else. 

At what point will the reduction in drawer spawns mean people just stop checking drawers once they have a radio, map, and the keys are on the map?

When will the time wasted checking drawers not be worth it when you can just quickly scan a house for the items that always spawn then move on to campsites where you are guaranteed to actually find something. 

2 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I wish that were the case, but casual players help keep games alive. Dedicated players will be there anyways, but casual players that are interested will stick around too. Without those players, numbers drop drastically and rooms become harder to find. It's already bad enough that games are hard to find. I can't see this new patch being any better. 

It’s lower now specifically due to the game catering to those casual players after the Oct patch. The game can afford to lose every single one of those casuals. It absolutely can not survive by losing the hardcore F13 fan.

2 minutes ago, Annajim528 said:

Since y’all are taking stuff away from counselors you should give us a new way to escape .. for example assembling bikes and escaping that way would be cool .. since they are there anyway .. but bottom line to this game is .. you either suck or you don’t .. to much whining going on 

No. There’s plenty of ways to escape. 2 vehicles, cops and a timer. More than enough. 

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

It’s lower now specifically due to the game catering to those casual players after the Oct patch. The game can afford to lose every single one of those casuals. It absolutely can not survive by losing the hardcore F13 fan.

A better argument is catering to these people has netted exactly what?

1200 players at best with 650 far more likely.

3 hours ago, Sid77 said:

Don't tell me that this part refers to a sort of perk that brings in a pocket knife... If that's the case EVERYBODY will start with a pocket knife, it is so obvious. 

I'm pretty sure that line is in reference to Tommy Jarvis.

7 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I don't think that at all.

What I do think is that player count is lower because there are still game breaking bugs that have persisted since release (here's looking at the Jason bug where he can't do anything but grab, or the camera glitch on counselors where you can't rotate your camera).

Or the fact that the game also has one single game mode too (even after teasing a new mode back in what... October?), which doesn't keep the gameplay very exciting. 

All I know is that I hope the patch does well. I hope the developers keep the game alive with content and more frequent updates. F13 is one of the few asymmetrical multiplayer games I like. I find DbD to be too stressful to enjoy the gameplay, and Last Year looks like it will be a huge flop, if it ever gets released. 

Edited by AdrianBlackbear
Paranoia was "officially" teased on October, not August. My bad.

7 minutes ago, John Wick said:

No, it didn't.

It was low long before that. On release the player base was huge. Then people saw how OP Jason was, and all the bugs.

After Jason got his block fixed, the playerbase actually jumped pretty damn high.