ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

1 minute ago, Christopher Newman said:

Realistically, this was a much need change to the game. The game is not the same when I can jog around camp for 10 minutes without fear of Jason. As power player when I play both Counselor and Jason, it's been counselors who have had the upper hand regardless of how good Jason is. Ultimately these changes will make the game balanced again.

Why are the devs buffing Jason? That speaks for itself.. Jason is too vulnerable against counselors.

But why the are the med sprays being decreased? Simple. Med sprays have been used as a trap disarming crutch for some time.

If med sprays are being reduced then why are the pocket knives being reduced too? First and foremost.. 13+ pocket knives per match is game-breaking (seriously!). More importantly they are used too much too often to troll Jason during grabs..which shouldn't need any further explanation.

What's the point in reducing weapons? 1.) re-instill fear. 2.) Reduce trolling (yes.. reduce.) 3.) Balance.

Folks, this has been needed for a long while. Griefers will disagree, but it was needed to restore balance to the game, and to simply move the game in a direction it was intended to be. Will it be harder to play counselor? uh, yeah.. that's how it was always supposed to be.

At the end of the day Jason is supposed to be wrecking ball you don't want to go toe-to-toe with.

I for one like these changes coming soon. It will address much needed changes to the game, and I thank the devs for it.

There weren't 13+ knives. There were about 7-8. Anymore than that would be the knife bug that was allowing Counselors extra uses of their knife.

Also, of course sprays were used as a "Crutch" for traps. What the hell else are you supposed to do? Especially with knives be reduced. You have no choice but to step in traps. And after the trap buff, you HAVE to heal after a trap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sid77 said:

Don't tell me that this part refers to a sort of perk that brings in a pocket knife... If that's the case EVERYBODY will start with a pocket knife, it is so obvious. 

There is a perk for that. But it's damn near impossible to get.

2 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Wrong. This is a multiplayer game, and they need to keep BALANCE in mind.

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

You don't speak for me. I main a counselor and I am looking forward to these changes. It might be a multiplayer game, but it was ALWAYS based around the idea of Jason being OP, and survival being tough. You want to survive? Work with other people, have a plan and stay together. Use acutal team work and realize that not everyone will survive.

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Don't forget the perk Hypochondriac that gives you a health spray. 

But you also need to keep in mind the increased item efficiency you would get with Medic. When medic is equipped, you essentially have four item slots instead of three. So when the overall amount of med sprays on a map is reduced, using hypochondriac won't make up for the amount of healing you would've gotten with this current patch where med sprays were plentiful on top of using Medic.

The only way to counter that is for multiple people to use Medic & Hypochondriac. And let's be real here, you don't need both perks. Especialy since there's Think Skinned, Marathon and Restful just need to name a handful of useful perks.

4 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

There weren't 13+ knives. There were about 7-8. Anymore than that would be the knife bug that was allowing Counselors extra uses of their knife.

Also, of course sprays were used as a "Crutch" for traps. What the hell else are you supposed to do? Especially with knives be reduced. You have no choice but to step in traps. And after the trap buff, you HAVE to heal after a trap.

The problem is the amount of sprays, not how they are used. For instance, it is not uncommon to find 2 or even three of them in a large cabin. That is just crazy overkill. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

While 13 is ridiculous.. it happened, and yes due to a bug sadly, but that will hopefully be addressed in this next patch.

As far as your rebuttal on medical sprays.. it was never said to be easy. 

13 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

No.. they don't.   This maybe a multiplayer game but this is not a competitive sports/pvp game so balance goes out the window.

This is a game of hide and go seek, run for your life and.. escape if you can game.  And if the hunter (Jason, the STAR) is getting bullied and stomped by its prey (counselors) then the game backwards.

Jason cannot be everywhere at once.   This means that no matter how unbalanced you think it is.. you will always have a chance and 7 kills is not a given. But if Jason isn't a OP menace that game has no soul.

So ya.. screw balance..  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, 2moar said:

so less health and less knives, and faster jasons, seems like everyone will be part 2. cause we all know how bad thick skinned is. Really seems like they are swinging to far in the other direction this time. Its all about balance, which they can't seemingly nail.

This will just lead to more people quitting as host when they die or aren't jason. ugh

You say all this like every counselor is supposed to survive. That’s your first mistake. Yes ABSOLUTELY some counselors are going to be screwed over because they can’t find a pocket knife or med spray and Jason is on their ass. Thats the point. The majority of counselors should be dying EVERY match. That’s Friday the 13th. Escaping should be extremely tough, considering the killer is Jason Voorhees. Having a tough time surviving as a counselor will lead to a better feeling when you actually make it out alive. It’ll be a true accomplishment. 

3 hours ago, Yobo1987 said:

Ouch... 

Let's atleast hope you hade time to fix some bugs and glitches.

They are ruining the gameplay. 

Also the badges don't track achievements or hits. 

I've cleared all the badges. The glitches affecting them seem to come and go.

I worry about all these recent changes to reduce the number of items found in drawers, taking the game back to a state of clearing an entire house and finding nothing. That is a shitty feeling, and if not watched could result in people ignoring them entirely due to the "waste of time" it feels like.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

They can't keep what hasn't existed since before October.

6 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

But you also need to keep in mind the increased item efficiency you would get with Medic. When medic is equipped, you essentially have four item slots instead of three. So when the overall amount of med sprays on a map is reduced, using hypochondriac won't make up for the amount of healing you would've gotten with this current patch where med sprays were plentiful on top of using Medic.

The only way to counter that is for multiple people to use Medic & Hypochondriac. And let's be real here, you don't need both perks. Especialy since there's Think Skinned, Marathon and Restful just need to name a handful of useful perks.

Well here's the thing, in my opinion,  for me and the way I play the game, I consider thick skinned,  medic,  and hypochondriac as the upcoming perfect trifecta. 

That would already be a huge advantage in case you need to take traps and you wouldn't have to worry about trying to find a health spray.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWarJedi said:

You don't speak for me. I main a counselor and I am looking forward to these changes. It might be a multiplayer game, but it was ALWAYS based around the idea of Jason being OP, and survival being tough. You want to survive? Work with other people, have a plan and stay together. Use acutal team work and realize that not everyone will survive.

YOU don't even speak for you. The Devs do.

And for longevity of the game, they will want to keep balance in mind. Or people will just keep running over to other games, like DbD, or that Last Year game.

Finding lobbies is already starting to hurt. Only about 800 people on peak times on PC. And if you play during the day, there is a VERY high chance you're not going to be able to understand half of the lobby, unless you can speak Russian.

If you like starting games with only 5-6 people, then have 1-2 of them leave at the start, then good on you. But I like playing with full lobbies.

YES! Finally people will have to actually work together to survive and use skill and their brain and all sorts of shit that you rarely see now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

Wrong. The game was NEVER intended to be “balanced”. It was always intended to simulate the films, which means most counselors don’t make it out alive. It was only after the constant whining from your crowd that they changed it and realized they f***ed up something fierce. The real community, the community that made this game possible wants an extremely powerful Jason and a tough as s**t to escape counselor experience. Sorry, if you want an experience that caters to the survivors, go play Dead By Daylight and leave this community the hell alone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Volrath said:

I worry about all these recent changes to reduce the number of items found in drawers, taking the game back to a state of clearing an entire house and finding nothing. That is a shitty feeling, and if not watched could result in people ignoring them entirely due to the "waste of time" it feels like.

Drawer Opening Simulator 2018.

I'm beginning to worry that this will be the death of the game. Too many changes to a game much too infrequently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

YOU don't even speak for you. The Devs do.

And for longevity of the game, they will want to keep balance in mind. Or people will just keep running over to other games, like DbD, or that Last Year game.

Finding lobbies is already starting to hurt. Only about 800 people on peak times on PC. And if you play during the day, there is a VERY high chance you're not going to be able to understand half of the lobby, unless you can speak Russian.

If you like starting games with only 5-6 people, then have 1-2 of them leave at the start, then good on you. But I like playing with full lobbies.

That’s because people are bailing due to the BS balance that exists currently. Changes towards Jason and away from the counselor will bring the majority of this community back. People who want a “balanced” experience or an experience where the survival rate is high were never this games intended market. They simply aren’t needed. 

5 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Wrong. The game was NEVER intended to be “balanced”. It was always intended to simulate the films, which means most counselors don’t make it out alive. It was only after the constant whining from your crowd that they changed it and realized they f***ed up something fierce. The real community, the community that made this game possible wants an extremely powerful Jason and a tough as s**t to escape counselor experience. Sorry, if you want an experience that caters to the survivors, go play Dead By Daylight and leave this community the hell alone.

Sorry (not sorry), but if I wanted to play with a character that could've force grabbed the enemy at release, I would play a Star Wars game, not F13.

And to combat the whining from one side, the other side whined just as much to get their way, so this whole forum is just a whiny circle-jerk. 

3 minutes ago, John Wick said:

It doesn't matter what it was "intended" to be. Devs can change how their own game is whenever they want. They wouldn't be the first Devs to change their minds about their own game, and they definitely won't be the last.

And when Jason has a 6 foot grab range, can block flareguns, firecrackers and bear traps. And a slew of other broken mechanics, you're not going to have a popular game. Which is why many people stopped playing. Balance issues was one of the leading reason people stopped playing, along with all the bugs.

3 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

I hope it does. We need pocket knives.

We don't need like 15 of them per map though. The knife balance was fine before they opened the campfire to spawning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Sorry (not sorry), but if I wanted to play with a character that could've force grabbed the enemy at release, I would play a Star Wars game, not F13.

And to combat the whining from one side, the other side whined just as much to get their way, so this whole forum is just a whiny circle-jerk. 

I’m not saying certain tweaks weren’t needed, the force grabbing being one of them. 

The difference is, one side whines that they couldn’t win 90% of their matches as a counselor and the other side complained that the game they helped fund, was being altered to suit a crowd that discovered the game 3 months after launch. Big, big difference.

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

That’s because people are bailing due to the BS balance that exists currently. Changes towards Jason and away from the counselor will bring the majority of this community back. People who want a “balanced” experience or an experience where the survival rate is high were never this games intended market. They simply aren’t needed. 

At the very least more people will start choosing Jason as their preference again. At the moment, when I choose Jason as my preference I am virtually guaranteed to be him every other round. It’s a bit much even if I like to play him.