ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

Just now, Sogreth said:

As someone who does extensive testing, I can confirm "Can Run" Jasons move at a speed of about 5.5. Example, Adam (5 Speed) cannot outjog Parts 2-4, but Tiffany (6 Speed) CAN outjog Parts 2-4.

This does NOT include "Can't Run" Jasons. As ALL Counselors can outjog them.

A Counselor with 5 or lower Speed will have to utilize Sprinting to gain distance on Parts 2-4 (soon to be 5 as well).

You do realize none of this is going to matter tomorrow, right? They're buffing Jason's speed, so the math is going to be different.

Seriously dude, take the hint with my last paragraph.

24 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Knifes aren't capped.  I've easily found over 12. I can't wait to use throwing knifes.  I have decent aim. 

Interesting. Mine caps at 8 on Xbox.

EDIT: I never bother to grab more than 8 because it never mattered before. I'll have to go into bots and try picking up more than 8 to see if it will let me hold more. Perhaps they did some sort of stealth bug fix I've never even noticed got fixed.

6 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

You do realize none of this is going to matter tomorrow, right? They're buffing Jason's speed, so the math is going to be different.

Seriously dude, take the hint with my last paragraph.

And after the patch, I will be testing all of this again.

But I don't like when people try to spread false information.

I work my arse off making sure the F13 Wiki is up to date, and accurate as possible. But then players like you, go and spread false info, and change the a wiki without even giving it any thought.

So, sorry if I'm being too forward for you. But I'm just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page.

2 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

A counselor main is upset that he can't beat the shit out of Jason anymore and use his stupid pocket knife, I think it's time you git gud.  Also it's clear you're a noob, this how the game was since the beta.  The game is back on the right track again.  It's time to stop catering to casuals like you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sogreth said:

And after the patch, I will be testing all of this again.

But I don't like when people try to spread false information.

Whatever floats your boat dude.

7 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

There are 4 (maybe 5 at the most) pocket knives per map.

So, how many will spawn after the patch? 

Just wondering because I do not find pocket knives every time I play.

You should really search Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium in general discussion.

Finding 6-8 on a map is common. Highest count for medsprays was 12.

so less health and less knives, and faster jasons, seems like everyone will be part 2. cause we all know how bad thick skinned is. Really seems like they are swinging to far in the other direction this time. Its all about balance, which they can't seemingly nail.

This will just lead to more people quitting as host when they die or aren't jason. ugh

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

so less health and less knives, and faster jasons, seems like everyone will be part 2. cause we all know how bad thick skinned is. Really seems like they are swinging to far in the other direction this time. Its all about balance, which they can't seemingly nail.

This will just lead to more people quitting as host when they die or aren't jason. ugh

They have to find a way between. fact is , this fucking groups of conselour are to strong. This is friday the 13th, not Gangbang with Jason.

Just now, 2moar said:

Jason buffs. Counselor nerfs. New Jason and new map for free. I'd say this patch is going in the right direction, especially since counselors were extremely vicious these last few months.

At least this buff was focused on giving Jason some much needed firepower. I'm especially looking forward to Part 6 having a whopping 8 knives starting off when he pulls the two off the wall.

15 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

I have tested with multiple Jasons, and multiple Counselors. Running in a straight line, Parts 2-4 are able to slowly gain distance on any Counselor with 5 Speed. This also does not take into account any stumbling.

And those same Jasons slowly LOSE distance on Tiffany.

Gaining distance means you're moving away from something.

Losing distance means you're moving closer.

• Haha 1

the problem is you really dont buff and nerf at the same time, you do one or the other.  

Hopefully its 3-5 knives for sure, cause then you might be able to get something for sure, car-phone whateves. 

less medspray is crappy, cause with less knives more traps need to be stepped in, more throwing knives and faster jason means more damage done. 

they were moving in the right direction, but went too far again like when they nerffed jason and buff the counselors, you'd think they would have learned  

8 minutes ago, 2moar said:

1. Most people run Medic. Even if they cut the med spray count down to 6 per map, you could easily have healing available. There will be little impact in regards to this change, but small adjustments are good for figuring out balance.

2. Less knives will be better, but people will still tank traps using sprays. At least Jason won't get as many in his neck.

3. Think Skinned was nerfed pretty hard a while back. Only Rare and Epic are of any real use and that is marginal. You can step in a trap and not limp after the first hit, survive a window jump without a limp, or take a swing or two more from melee...etc.

Overall this is a nice step in the right direction. Let's take our time and assess what the impact actually is and provide feedback when we have a chance to see how it shifts the meta.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

I have played thousands of hours of this game and...

I do not know what platform you play on BUT I play on STEAM and trust me there are around 4-5 pocket knives per map.

It is the same averages across platforms. The pictures in this thread are from Xbox.

15 minutes ago, 2moar said:

I disagree about this game having to be all about balance.  Jason needs to be an OP killing machine and counselors should be escaping while others are getting killed.  Anyone who plays this game to be counselors only and feels as if Jason is to OP is the wrong type of person to be catering to.

I mean i like playing counselor, but i expect to die. Or be lucky enough to escape.    Jason needs to be OP in order for the escape and chase to actually mean something.

As far as everyone being part 2.  Not everyone is a Try Hard that needs to always use the BEST everything.  I play on double random. Random Counselors and Jason.. So im at least one person who won't be picking part 2.  Unless by chance.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

1. Most people run Medic. Even if they cut the med spray count down to 6 per map, you could easily have healing available. There will be little impact in regards to this change, but small adjustments are good for figuring out balance.

I have never run the medic perk. I've also only ever gotten poor or common versions of it. I usually take firecrackers over medsprays, and I never really saw people using more than a couple. I'm not sure that I agree with reducing medsprays, but I don't disagree.

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

As far as everyone being part 2.  Not everyone is a Try Hard that needs to always use the BEST everything.  I play on double random. Random Counselors and Jason.. So im at least one person who won't be picking part 2.  Unless by chance.

Same here. I've only been running Fox lately for kills, but now that it won't be the norm to kill Jason I will be switching back to random.

Realistically, this was a much need change to the game. The game is not the same when I can jog around camp for 10 minutes without fear of Jason. As power player when I play both Counselor and Jason, it's been counselors who have had the upper hand regardless of how good Jason is. Ultimately these changes will make the game balanced again.

Why are the devs buffing Jason? That speaks for itself.. Jason is too vulnerable against counselors.

But why the are the med sprays being decreased? Simple. Med sprays have been used as a trap disarming crutch for some time.

If med sprays are being reduced then why are the pocket knives being reduced too? First and foremost.. 13+ pocket knives per match is game-breaking (seriously!). More importantly they are used too much too often to troll Jason during grabs..which shouldn't need any further explanation.

What's the point in reducing weapons? 1.) re-instill fear. 2.) Reduce trolling (yes.. reduce.) 3.) Balance.

Folks, this has been needed for a long while. Griefers will disagree, but it was needed to restore balance to the game, and to simply move the game in a direction it was intended to be. Will it be harder to play counselor? uh, yeah.. that's how it was always supposed to be.

At the end of the day Jason is supposed to be wrecking ball you don't want to go toe-to-toe with.

I for one like these changes coming soon. It will address much needed changes to the game, and I thank the devs for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I disagree about this game having to be all about balance.  Jason needs to be an OP killing machine and counselors should be escaping while others are getting killed.  Anyone who plays this game to be counselors only and feels as if Jason is to OP is the wrong type of person to be catering to.

I mean i like playing counselor, but i expect to die. Or be lucky enough to escape.    Jason needs to be OP in order for the escape and chase to actually mean something.

Wrong. This is a multiplayer game, and they need to keep BALANCE in mind.

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

• Like 1

I don't know how many Medical Spray's there are right now per map - maybe around 8?

Of course, Medic gives YOU (and nobody else unless they have Medic Perk equipped) 2 sprays. One person with Medic Perk equipped can carry 6.

**And I have NEVER seen 13 pocket knives on one map - that is ridiculous! 

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Riot stick decrease! Oh noes, what will @Riot_Dame do!? 

considering i was still the one who found all the POCKET KNIVES before they were everywhere i think i’ll be fine. i’ll rue the day you started calling them riot sticks, @Risinggrave.

Just now, Killer Franchise said:

I don't know how many Medical Spray's there are right now per map - maybe around 8?

Of course, Medic gives YOU (and nobody else unless they have Medic Perk equipped) 2 sprays. One person with Medic Perk equipped can carry 6.

Don't forget the perk Hypochondriac that gives you a health spray. 

YAAAY, I wont feel so useless being  Deb anymore. Also, it will be fun being Jason while everyone gets used to the new changes.