ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

My friends still get 8 out of 8 kills the way it is right now. Nerf the counselors like you are and we don't stand a chance. I personally don't play Jason, sounds like I'm not going to be playing much longer as a counselor either. I only survive about half the time anyway. Not that I'm a bad counselor but I play with people that are good Jason's.

For those complaining, it's not supposed to be easy to survive as a counselor! Have you all watched the movies where only 1 or 2 at the most escape?! Jason is supposed to be scary and have a high chance of killing all the counselors. Reduced weapons and pocket knives will make the game great again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kalist said:

The medspray nerf really wasn't necessary... Now you have to equip thick skinned and 2x medic perk to survive the part 6 throwing knife maniac. Jarvis house already lack medsprays.

It really was necessary, people already run medic all the time so it’ll help prevent people from having 3 sprays (6 w/medic) in their inventory.

Last update they added sprays in the bathrooms at both main houses on Jarvis map.

45 minutes ago, John Wick said:

The faster ones tend to have lower intelligence, so they’re going to have to rely on those slower, higher intelligence characters and with the lack of weapons they’re going to need to be a little more mindful of their weapon breaking. It should force more team play within the game. If not, well then, no survivors. 

Thing is, you don't need high Repair. 

To repair in Jason's face, yes, you'll need very high repair, like 7 or higher. But Vanessa, Jenny and Chad (all with 2 Repair) have no issues fixing things without mistakes. 

I can't complain about the changes.

1. Less weapons -  less group attacks cuz no weapons to attack with, so gangbanging Jason won't be as easy

2. Less pocket knives - less up close nonsense

3. Less med spray - hinders the effectiveness of medic, which also leads to less bravado

Overall, this is gonna force even more team work and less solo dolo and if not...lots of ragequitting until players find games with really bad Jasons so they can teabag and troll/loop more.

Still...these are nerfs and while I have no issue with them. I want actual bug fixes too like Jason vs windows and Jason melee hit detection in particular.

I'm hoping for more. Like actual fixes on top of the tweaks.

@ShiftySamurai

I'm hoping for more.

1 minute ago, Lisa Pevc said:

My friends still get 8 out of 8 kills the way it is right now. Nerf the counselors like you are and we don't stand a chance. I personally don't play Jason, sounds like I'm not going to be playing much longer as a counselor either. I only survive about half the time anyway. Not that I'm a bad counselor but I play with people that are good Jason's.

Does your group have mics? Communicating makes the game so much easier to escape regardless how good the Jason is.

What I fear most though, is that everyone will pick part 6 to start off with 10 throwing knives... And if they added more spawn points for throwing knives around the map, it's going to be ridiculous. Get prepared to get no-scoped by COD kids is all I'm saying. 

7 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Where do you get this info from? Jenny, Eric (and Mitch), with their 3 Speed can only out jog NON-running Jasons.

Counselors need a speed score of 6 or higher to out jog Running Jasons. 

Let me be more specific: currently there isn't a single Jason who can catch a counselor while they are jogging unless they get tired.

As someone who mains Jenny, I can confirm this fact. It's why Jenny is a good pick for drawing aggro from Jason, especially the running ones. They think they can outpace Jenny with her three speed, but in reality Jenny can still play keepaway while her stamina lasts for well over a minute. Ofc, once Jenny starts stumbling, then it's a different story, but even Vanessa will eventually get caught if she jogs with her stamina completely depeleted plus constant stumbling with high fear.

Ofc, once that speed buff for Jason comes out tomorrow, it'll be a different story. I'll have to find out tomorrow if running Jasons are able to catch even jogging Jennys/Erics. If that happens...I'll need to adjust my gameplay with my main.

Sounds like a step in the right direction.  Looking forward to these item changes, along with the Jason buffs.  Hopefully they're nailing down the balance issues with these changes.

10 minutes ago, Lisa Pevc said:

If you can’t survive playing with friends, despite Jason being a “good” player, than your teamwork is way off. Counselor’s have an Arsenal in terms of resources available to be on the offensive or the defensive.

Together a group of two or three can outmatch Jason. Hell, a single counselor can time out the match if they know what they’re doing except if it’s a good Jason player chances go down. Not so much though in groups ofcoordianted players they can run house if they wanted to. 

These changes were needed and coming. It wasn’t meant to be this way and it certainly wasn’t before hand when the implementation of camp sites to spawn items started all of this. So I’m sorry but counselor’s had their hay day now it’s over and back to square one. 

• Like 1

Finally! The Duke approves of these counselor nerfs and Jason buffs. We're going back to how the game was meant to be.

Really, you shouldn't be mad if Jason kills you. Its all part of the fun of playing this lovely game.

4 minutes ago, Kalist said:

What I fear most though, is that everyone will pick part 6 to start off with 10 throwing knives... And if they added more spawn points for throwing knives around the map, it's going to be ridiculous. Get prepared to get no-scoped by COD kids is all I'm saying. 

Knives are capped at 8. Part 6 will start with 6. He'll be topped off if he picks up the cabin knives. No biggie. Knives can be pretty easy to dodge and it takes at least 4 to kill you if you are at full health. Most people are pretty terrible shots with them as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Knives are capped at 8. Part 6 will start with 6. He'll be topped off if he picks up the cabin knives. No biggie. Knives can be pretty easy to dodge and it takes at least 4 to kill you if you are at full health. Most people are pretty terrible shots with them as well.

Knifes aren't capped.  I've easily found over 12. I can't wait to use throwing knifes.  I have decent aim. 

As a die-hard fan of F13 and Jason....this is awesome news. Enough of this treating Jason like he is a Street Fighter character. 

19 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Are you going to change the amount of shotguns? It feels like a war zone.

The wrong kind of war zone, that is.

I'm glad we're mostly going back to basis. Surviving Jason should feel special and not easily executed.

22 minutes ago, Lisa Pevc said:

Not that I'm a bad counselor but I play with people that are good Jason's.

You came in at a bad time where there wasn't much thought or effort required to be a counselor. 

I can see people dropping off a little with this patch. If this is more of a casual thing for you, then you should probably stop playing. But if you really like the game then you're gonna have to change your approach and maybe play with better players. If the others around you suck then there isn't much you can do besides go it alone and avoid.

The game was very playable, for both counselors and Jason, before the training wheels got put on for the counselors. Before that, Jason still killed and counselors still escaped. We're not even going back that far so there shouldn't be that much of an issue.

26 minutes ago, Brandon Brenlla said:

So basically you guys just nerfed the hell outta counselors to the point where we can’t do anything. Niceeee guess I’m switching to last year a game that’s gonna be more balanced than this will be

RKb8GgY.gif

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bloodhoundo913 said:

For those complaining, it's not supposed to be easy to survive as a counselor! Have you all watched the movies where only 1 or 2 at the most escape?! Jason is supposed to be scary and have a high chance of killing all the counselors. Reduced weapons and pocket knives will make the game great again. 

Agree. We have to remember that some of the younger fans have no concept of not getting their way. This is a slasher film icon not some parody of it.

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

• Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
  • We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.

Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

I LOVE THIS! YES! :D

19 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Let me be more specific: currently there isn't a single Jason who can catch a counselor while they are jogging unless they get tired.

As someone who mains Jenny, I can confirm this fact. It's why Jenny is a good pick for drawing aggro from Jason, especially the running ones. They think they can outpace Jenny with her three speed, but in reality Jenny can still play keepaway while her stamina lasts for well over a minute. Ofc, once Jenny starts stumbling, then it's a different story, but even Vanessa will eventually get caught if she jogs with her stamina completely depeleted plus constant stumbling with high fear.

Ofc, once that speed buff for Jason comes out tomorrow, it'll be a different story. I'll have to find out tomorrow if running Jasons are able to catch even jogging Jennys/Erics. If that happens...I'll need to adjust my gameplay with my main.

As someone who does extensive testing, I can confirm "Can Run" Jasons move at a speed of about 5.5. Example, Adam (5 Speed) cannot outjog Parts 2-4, but Tiffany (6 Speed) CAN outjog Parts 2-4.

This does NOT include "Can't Run" Jasons. As ALL Counselors can outjog them.

A Counselor with 5 or lower Speed will have to utilize Sprinting to gain distance on Parts 2-4 (soon to be 5 as well).

I have tested with multiple Jasons, and multiple Counselors. Running in a straight line, Parts 2-4 are able to slowly gain distance on any Counselor with 5 Speed. This also does not take into account any stumbling.

And those same Jasons slowly LOSE distance on Tiffany.

I'm really eager to see how those guys that crapped on me being Jason despite them clearly taking advantage of the broken balancing from the last patch are going to take this much needed rebalancing.