ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

17 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

How dare you make lite of people like that? How dare you use an affliction to troll people? What's wrong with you?

I'm not making "lite" (light) of anything. I literally do have Asperger's i'm saying just cause I don't fit your expectations of what Aspies act like doesn't mean i'm not one.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Sure, but that doesn't change whether or not you're an asshole, now does it sweetie? :chadjunk:

The only asshole is Wayne!!!

23 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

How dare you make lite of people like that? How dare you use an affliction to troll people? What's wrong with you?

Honestly, I’m more offended by people calling it an “affliction” or “disability”. It’s actually more of a personality type. 

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

No it's not. Now ur making lite of it

My son is on the autism spectrum and I live with it every day. It’s a very broad range and on the high end (such as aspergers) yes I see it as very much more of a personality type than an actual “disorder”.  That you think that they cannot  successfully adapt to “societal” norms (ie: posting intelligently on a message board) and not fit in has mostly to do with your own preconceived notions. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, JayDoesGames said:

Why would they change weapon spawns. Wrenches were fine. There was a bit too many axes and machetes though

You're kidding right?  The wrenches are the most powerful weapon on the map it seems....its like hitting Jason with a Mac Truck....

1 minute ago, BigDookie said:

You're kidding right?  The wrenches are the most powerful weapon on the map it seems....its like hitting Jason with a Mac Truck....

There’s too many wrenches, I agree. But you know what ticks me off? Spawning and then finding nothing but machetes in the first two cabins that I go to. Just had a match where there was three in the same cabin and nothing else. Totally useless weapon that early in the game, especially when you main Chad. 

8 hours ago, J.J. said:

Escape points shouldn't be so easily defended. If Jason puts traps by the phone box it's pretty much impossible to phone the cops. It's essentially any easy mode for the Jason's. And with even less pocket knifes they might as well just take the phone box out of the game. If it can't be used what's the point of it being there?

I totally can not believe you really say that man. It's so different to my experience as someone who played from launch almost every day that it's making me think you're playing a different game. The phone box is Jason's most crucial weakness. And he's been generally weak lfor the last couple of months anyway so it would totally kill Jason to take the phone traps out of the game. I don't know what level you are on and much you play but how is Jason supposed to not have every match end within 4-7 minutes depending on counselor experience and perks with 7-8 people escaping easily? Please tell me how? 2 players with only 1 med spray each won't have a problem going through 2-3 traps at all. I play Vanessa lately using the thick skinned perk and I can step into 2 traps in a row without making her limp. So with 1 med spray I could take on 4 traps by myself if others defend me from Jason grabbing or slashing me. So how can you say it's nearly impossible to get through them? Do you only play in quick play? Because just yesterday I was playing a private game with a good group of coordinated experienced players all level 130-150 yesterday and in most cases Jason would get like 3-5 counselors each match as long as he didn't end up being the prey in the end and get killed. If u play with a group of 7 people who are all using their mics  and actually work  together Jason has a reallyhard time but with your rules he doesn't stand a chance at all. The cops would get called within like 1-2 minutes into every game which would reduce the time Jason has to kill folks to 3,5-5 mins total, or say 5-7 minutes,  if you want to add the first 1-2 minutes it would take people to get the fuse to the phone box and make the call. Don't forget tho that his shift and stalk ability are not available so early in a match. So in fact he would have like 5 minutes to kill everyone and probably not ever even reach rage . That's totally unfair. Jason is weak anyhow ( haven't played today's patch yet) and yet you are saying it's unfair that he has a protection which to me more seems like a notification service that something is going on there and Jason should better go and take a look? The traps are  his only resource while he is guarding some other location or chasing someone. So you want Jason to have no way or choice to protect what can lead into  his worst situation? Having all counselors run for the cops together a few mins into the game, not giving him any chance? Do you seriously prefer that? Do you ever play Jason? I totally cannot understand what your saying dude so please give me your thought on this. I really can't figure out  any arguements for what u have said. And I really tried dude. It just won't work at all and make every game last only a couple of minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighlifeTHC said:

I totally can not believe you really say that man. It's so different to my experience as someone who played from launch almost every day that it's making me think you're playing a different game. The phone box is Jason's most crucial weakness. And he's been generally weak for the last couple of months anyway so it would totally kill Jason to take the phone traps out of the game. I don't know what level you are on and much you play but how is Jason supposed to not have every match end within 4-7 minutes depending on counselor experience and perks with 7-8 people escaping easily? Please tell me how? 2 players with only 1 med spray each won't have a problem going through 2-3 traps at all. I play Vanessa lately using the thick skinned perk and I can step into 2 traps in a row without making her limp. So with 1 med spray I could take on 4 traps by myself if others defend me from Jason grabbing or slashing me. So how can you say it's nearly impossible to get through them? Do you only play in quick play? Because just yesterday I was playing a private game with a good group of coordinated experienced players all level 130-150 yesterday and in most cases Jason would get like 3-5 counselors each match as long as he didn't end up being the prey in the end and get killed. If u play with a group of 7 people who are all using their mics  and actually work  together Jason has a really-hard time but with your rules he doesn't stand a chance at all. The cops would get called within like 1-2 minutes into every game which would reduce the time Jason has to kill folks to 3,5-5 mins total, or say 5-7 minutes,  if you want to add the first 1-2 minutes it would take people to get the fuse to the phone box and make the call. Don't forget tho that his shift and stalk ability are not available so early in a match. So in fact he would have like 5 minutes to kill everyone and probably not ever even reach rage . That's totally unfair. Jason is weak anyhow ( haven't played today's patch yet) and yet you are saying it's unfair that he has a protection which to me more seems like a notification service that something is going on there and Jason should better go and take a look? The traps are  his only resource while he is guarding some other location or chasing someone. So you want Jason to have no way or choice to protect what can lead into  his worst situation? Having all counselors run for the cops together a few mins into the game, not giving him any chance? Do you seriously prefer that? Do you ever play Jason? I totally cannot understand what your saying dude so please give me your thought on this. I really can't figure out  any arguments for what u have said. And I really tried dude. It just won't work at all and make every game last only a couple of minutes.

To expect have no choice except to have jason alerted to the phone fuse box due to having to step in a bear trap every single game is sort of ridiculous. I mean, technically the devs can make the choice to allow us to put other items into the traps other than pocket knives, but the only option to step on a trap you know is there knowing it is going to get you killed in the game, putting you into spectator mode for 20 minutes or less isn't exactly a good premise for a game mechanic. This game won't survive without gamers wanting to play it, screw the fact jason is in the game. People play video games because they want to play video games, not to be forced into some fan remake bs. There has to be a purpose other than that jason is in this game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

To expect have no choice except to have jason alerted to the phone fuse box due to having to step in a bear trap every single game is sort of ridiculous. I mean, technically the devs can make the choice to allow us to put other items into the traps other than pocket knives, but the only option to step on a trap you know is there knowing it is going to get you killed in the game, putting you into spectator mode for 20 minutes or less isn't exactly a good premise for a game mechanic. This game won't survive without gamers wanting to play it, screw the fact jason is in the game. People play video games because they want to play video games, not to be forced into some fan remake bs for the hell of it. There has to be a purpose other than that jason is in this game.

Simple solution for you if you don't like some "fan remake bs" ... don't play. Bye Felicia.

10 hours ago, J.J. said:

Not childish at all. If i'm the host it's MY match and in MY matches phone-trapping is unacceptable and the offending Jason will ruin it for everyone as I will end the game and let him know why. Those are my rules, don't like them then by all means leave MY match.

Contrary to anything that you believe, they have said that purposely dropping as host is grounds for being banned.  Here are the rules:

Read section xiii, which covers this action specifically.  If you exit the game during gameplay, you can, and will, be banned.

10 hours ago, J.J. said:

Escape points shouldn't be so easily defended. If Jason puts traps by the phone box it's pretty much impossible to phone the cops. It's essentially any easy mode for the Jason's. And with even less pocket knifes they might as well just take the phone box out of the game. If it can't be used what's the point of it being there?

What the fuck game are you playing? Because I know that I waste at least a few traps per game that people remove by dashing through for the lol's. 

10 hours ago, J.J. said:

I'm under no legal obligation to keep the match going as host. If something urgent comes up or even if I get bored I should be able to close the game whenever I please without consequence. The fact that when you're host that causes the game to end for everyone else is the fault of the developers not me. I'm under no contract to finish a match if i'm host.

I'm not going to get too involved with this, but you may want to check out your medium's rules. If you use an X-box for instance, they have a report system and one of the options to report is for quitting early. If you were to drop me (and if I'm in quickplay, probably 1-2 others I'm playing with) mid game, I report and I ensure my pals do as well. 

Also...

"Logging out or exiting the Service during live game-play. We may track this data over time and issue a temporary ban when a user is determined to have left mid-game too many times. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular account continues to leave live game play" 

was noted as a means to ban by Gun. So @GunMedia_Ben what's coming from this? Are you tracking that data or leaving it up to X-Box/PS/Steam to deal with the toxic playerbase? 

25 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Simple solution for you if you don't like some "fan remake bs" ... don't play. Bye Felicia.

In a way you are right and in a way you are wrong.That is technically not a solution to the fact that this is purported to be a video game, since the whole point of a game is to play a game. If all you are going to do is reduce a game down to an experience, it no longer is a video game. It is completely and totally logical to deduce that video gamers play video games, experiences happen and then people look for other experiences. If this game becomes just simply nothing except an experience,  people who play video games are going to go look for something else, because they realize that they are not really playing a video game. Gamers absolutely have the right to object to something they feel is a bad game mechanic premise in order to accommodate some "fan concept" that does not work that well for a video game. It is like how people wanted the devs to play with jason's grab and when you hear the reason, they are all subjective reasons ... "Jason's arm hits the councilors and I miss catching them, that is unrealistic!","too many pocket knives used against jason, help!" .... meanwhile, the fact that unlimited item cheaters have been one of the main problems with jason being weak is ignored. Instead, items get reduced in game where there is already a finite number of items in the game world to "reduce the game down to an experience with having jason kill camp councilors." This solution would potentially only create more of a problem with unlimited item cheating. The reasons are just ludicrous. Well, the people who make those sort of suggestions are being fans, but they are not being gamers and their wanting this game being an experience is ruining it for the gamers.

@lightningbolt I don't care what casual gamers do. They are not going to provide any meaningful contribution to this game, their troll moment is over and they can absolutely move on to something else. Won't be missed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

@lightningbolt I don't care what casual gamers do. They are not going to provide any meaningful contribution to this game, their troll moment is over and they can absolutely move on to something else. Won't be missed.

Not "casual gamers" ... gamers in general. This game is just not good for gamers in general the way it is being managed. And evidently you are right, all 2 of you can enjoy stepping on bear traps in a video game.

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

So true man, They are just gonna cry foul because the dance parties at the police are over, they can't hit Jason with 9 pocket knives and collect 24 med sprays. They can all go play a game designed for their skill level like the lego games where it holds their hands all the way through so that no matter what they can win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Not "casual gamers" ... gamers in general. This game is just not good for gamers in general the way it is being managed. And evidently you are right, all 2 of you can enjoy stepping on bear traps in a video game.

Bye Felicia.

There are 3 types of gamers when it comes to this game:

1. Hardcore fans of the game who play it because they love the franchise.

2. Casual gamers who play the game for the CHALLENGE and a love of survival horror.

3. Casual "entitled" gamers who MUST WIN all the time or they have no fun.

Group 3 are the group that cries they aren't having fun if they can't smack Jason around for 20 minutes, have a dance party and teabag. I give not one fuck about the gamers in group 3. They are the ones who will leave and again, they will NOT be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

Bye Felicia.

There are 3 types of gamers when it comes to this game:

1. Hardcore fans of the game who play it because they love the franchise.

2. Casual gamers who play the game for the CHALLENGE and a love of survival horror.

3. Casual "entitled" gamers who MUST WIN all the time or they have no fun.

Group 3 are the group that cries they aren't having fun if they can't smack Jason around for 20 minutes, have a dance party and teabag. I give not one fuck about the gamers in group 3. They are the ones who will leave and again, they will NOT be missed.

Spot on sir.

15 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

What is the point of Jason being given traps if it's guaranteed that every counselor can find a pocket knife somewhere and disarm it without alerting him? It would be a moot mechanic.

Also, eating traps is NOT a certain death if you're a calculated player who actually tries. If you coordinate with people or hear/see a group being barraged by Jason, eat a trap and heal and I can almost guarantee he will not teleport to kill you unless he finished the people he's working on. Or wait until he has wasted his morph. Or just eat it, heal and haul ass. He's probably out of traps unless he's playing as Part 2.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tiffany said:

What is the point of Jason being given traps if it's guaranteed that every counselor can find a pocket knife somewhere and disarm it without alerting him? It would be a moot mechanic.

Also, eating traps is NOT a certain death if you're a calculated player who actually tries. If you coordinate with people or hear/see a group being barraged by Jason, eat a trap and heal and I can almost guarantee he will not teleport to kill you unless he finished the people he's working on. Or wait until he has wasted his morph. Or just eat it, heal and haul ass. He's probably out of traps unless he's playing as Part 2.

I wish I wasn't out of likes for the day. Very well said!

I played a dozen or so games on the new patch. This new jason is certainly less annoying than part 4 jason (and actually I can not say I really have a complaint about him); however, the ability of the councilors to defend themselves has been crippled beyond belief and is IMHO overkill.

4 hours ago, Tiffany said:

Precisely. If any of you don't know this already, you're lost. 

15 hours ago, J.J. said:

Not childish at all. If i'm the host it's MY match and in MY matches phone-trapping is unacceptable and the offending Jason will ruin it for everyone as I will end the game and let him know why. Those are my rules, don't like them then by all means leave MY match.

There are plenty of ridiculous comments on this board, but you sir, have won handily. Let us all know when the spaceship has landed. 

I did not enjoy the patch at all. It's just not fun anymore. I thought Jason was already pretty powerful enough and most of my pocket knives would go to disable his bear-traps since I would main as Deborah. Unfortunately I don't see Deborah being used as much anymore after this merciless patch. And Pinehurst is UNBEARABLE to play in because I can never find a goddamn map anymore. I'm sorry, developers, but this patch just took the fun out of this game and I don't see myself dropping the same number of hours I used to. I won't praise it to my friends anymore either unless you guys fix this patch/update. Last but not least, I feel guilty whenever I play as Jason now. It's just way too easy.