ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

When entering into a game such as this and plan on being host and everybody is playing by the rules,  have some etiquette or don't be a host if you can't handle the perfectly legit tactics being used. Quit in somebody elses hosted game where it doesn't impact on others,  It's really that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, J.J. said:

You must not be punished for leaving a game ever.

Waaaaitaminit, wait, wait, wait. Let's look at the three most common "leaving" scenarios:

1. Game starts. You spawn as counselor. But YOU wanted to be Jason. So you leave immediately. This, you and your session-mates repeat. Soon, there is the dude playing Jason and 2-3 counselors left. How is that fair to the dude selected to play Jason?
  2. Game starts. You spawn as counselor. Jason finds you and you die. This, you and your session-mates repeat. Who will play Tommy Jarvis? How is that fair to the room that CONSTANTLY has to wait each round for the room to repopulate?
  3. Game starts. You spawn as Jason. You find a counselor and kill them. Game ends. Why? "You have been kicked. Host has left the game."

Does this sound FUN to you??? Or should this just continue unabated in the slightest by those TROLL devs who want to ruin everyone's day?

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

When entering into a game such as this and plan on being host and everybody is playing by the rules,  have some etiquette or don't be a host if you can't handle the perfectly legit tactics being used. Quit in somebody elses hosted game where it doesn't impact on others,  It's really that simple. 

Could not agree more. Whenever I am host and my time is running short, I try to give my fellow players AMPLE warning time so they can reconfigure and someone else can take over as host. Then I try to play a round or two with the new host before bidding them farewell.

@J.J. - you're suggesting that simply dumping the game as host without a word or farewell is JUST AS GOOD as doing the above? Because "You're not required"?  Hell, I'm not required to thank someone for giving me a birthday gift, but I do! Because it's common courtesy. And I SURE don't tell them I have no requirement to thank them. Courtesy almost always pays you back doublefold at least. You should try it sometime. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

You're absolutely trash if you don't know how to get cops called without a pocket knife for a trap.

And killing a match if jason traps a phone? 

You're an absolute garbage player who needs everyone to hold your hand to win. You probably rage quit anytime a Jason kills you and call him cheap too if he stalk shifted or slashed you.

Long story short, you're an entitled baby who sucks at the game.

@J.J. is exactly the kind of player that caused the game to go on decline in the first place with all the hand-holding counselor changes.

This is the epitome of example of a person who wants the cops on scene when the game first starts, and both cars repaired and waiting at the exits to where all you need to do is get to them and leave. Please drop your PSN so I never end up playing a game with you. I encourage all PS4 players to do the same. Let this trash tier sit in his lobby alone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

People are supposed to die in the game... You shouldn't NEED a knife to survive. 

Also, knives are meant to be a luxury, not everyone should be able to get one. They need to take it back to how it was when there were just three per round (plus the Tommy Jarvis knife, making 4).

That's true, they're supposed to die, but at the same time it's a game, and people play games to have fun and like to feel that they've achieved something in games. Dying repeatedly cause you have no chance against a killer that already cannot be injured, can teleport and move at super speed isn't fun for long.

19 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Don't use my disability as an argument against me you scum!

No they can't you can't be FORCED to play a game you purchased. You play it WHEN YOU WANT TO and can end it WHENEVER YOU WANT. A game can end for a variety of reasons which quite frankly are none of the dev's business anyway. I shouldn't have to explain myself for ending a game. It's my right to do so.

If the devs banned me for no reason then I would take a complaint up with Sony's head office (As I play on PS4) then the devs could explain themselves to them....

The devs aren't almighty Gods, if they mess up they have to explain themselves as well.

I can sympathize with Aspergers. My son has a similar diagnosis (they don’t call it aspergers anymore), so I know this condition isn’t an excuse to be a dick. 

Am I the only one who wants a after match report on where all the special items were located? The gas cans, the batteries, propeller, phone fuse and keys? I've played several matches where there was one thing that was needed for escape and we looked all over the camp and never found it. Or, even worse, some jack hole grabs both sets of keys and the fuse and runs around, not telling anyone till they can escape at the end of the match.

So, what I'm asking for is, when the match is over, a map showing where all the parts and pieces were, and on the list of counselor names, have a picture of the special item they were holding on to. So we know to either boot that player or keep an eye on them next round.

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Nerfing across the board? Reducing gear to reasonable levels isn't a nerf across the board. The gear was intended to be last ditch save your ass for the most part. People trying to fight Jason need to die as often as not. When every Deb, A.J. ,and La Choppa can outfight Jason, there is a problem. 

Jason definitely needs combat stance updated. I agree slashing against fighters often quickly shows them the error of their ways. 

I dunno, reasonable can be seen different depending on the person. All I know is I see the majority of people dying  every game, and Deborah and AJ's are either first or escape cause they repair fast and are stealthy.

2 hours ago, kohagan said:

I see a mixed bag of results when Comes to escapes . What I see far more, is jason getting absolute beaten Senseless by councilors, groups waiting at exits, tea bagging,  hitting jason with multiple weapons just from one cabin eg flare gun then, pick up baseball bat, pick up wrench - a weapon cache for an apocalypse exists currently on these maps.  Grabbing, slashing or knive use is slanted too much in the councilors favour to escape from with an abundance of pocket knives, med sprays - it's piss easy to escape even as an newbie councilor. This is why the Devs are changing it and It's now time for councilors to actually develop some skill to escape. 

I see that happening alot too tbh, and I do think that it shouldn't happen, im just not sure that changing things the way they are doing is the right way to go about fixing it. I guess time will tell.

26 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

That's true, they're supposed to die, but at the same time it's a game, and people play games to have fun and like to feel that they've achieved something in games. Dying repeatedly cause you have no chance against a killer that already cannot be injured, can teleport and move at super speed isn't fun for long.

Jason is by no means impossible to escape/survive. At some point, people do need to learn how to get better instead of needing the game dumbed down for them.

It'd be like going out with friends to play baseball and getting up to bat and missing every swing and complaining they need to throw the ball slower or from closer for you, and if you hit the ball, you should be able to run to a base without being tagged out etc.

At some point you just need to learn hoe to play the game and practice til you're decent at it.

The way most people play this game is saying they "know how to play, it's unfair".

Which is the equivalant of understanding HOW baseball works and what to do, but not wanting to invest the time to actually get GOOD at it.

Anyone can grasp that you need to hit the ball with the bat and run the bases. That doesn't mean you CAN actually hit the ball and run a base in time. That takes practice.

Most people don't want to practice and get better. They just want to complain things are too hard and should be nerfed so they can simply auto-win and feel like they are good at the game even though they're not.

But both Jason and Counselor can't both auto-win. So one side is always going to be begging for nerfs.

The solution? Learn to actually play the game and then you won't need nerfs....only actualy bug and glitch fixes. And then the game will be fun for both sides....

First of all what the hell less weapons, I play as Brandon and I go smack Jason up all the time also with POCKET KNIVES that you are decreasing the amount of. There wasn’t a lot of pocket knives and anyway there should be a lot of pocket knives so then Jason actually uses his weapons instead of grabbing all the time, how is it fun when you get grabbed and have no chance of fighting back unless you have a pocket knife but then you just have to run away or weapons that for my guy just get destroyed way to quick. When I play Jason, I play as him a lot, I limit myself to 3 grabs and I mostly kill everyone usually an of councillor survives but then it makes it fun on both ends I know Jason in the films just cracks everyone up but we aren’t in the films we are in a game people play games to have fun not to get grabbed by some 12 year old who sound like he is 5. Also tommy needs to get a buff he is a main character after all he dies as quick as any other councillor does and maybe bring in different people on different maps for example on the Jarvis residence it shouldn’t be tommy on there it should be robb dyer ( I know you see him die in the intro but make someone else die ) Etc.

2 minutes ago, JasonShouldntGrab said:

tommy needs to get a buff he is a main character after all he dies as quick as any other councillor does

Hahaha...he's already got a knife, spray (drop and pick up with Medic and it's instantly 2x), and shotgun right off the bat, 10s across the board for stats, no dead body fear stingers, and an inherent ability to kill Jason. What more do you fucking want, a bazooka?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Hahaha...he's already got a knife, spray (drop and pick up with Medic and it's instantly 2x), and shotgun right off the bat, 10s across the board for stats, no dead body fear stingers, and an inherent ability to kill Jason. What more do you fucking want, a bazooka?

A bazooka would actually be ace!! Don't you think this will be much cooler than the current Jason death?

933ebbf440455ccb8607135a2a4956d5ef91dd2c

11 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

35c271a0-53d6-4a80-8979-07d681132bef.jpg

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

One common mistake I see happen (not necessarily you) is that at the start of the match a councilor will have Jason teleport to them and they'll think they're screwed and in a lot of cases will make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. But at that stage Jason doesn't have sense or shift, so he can be outmaneuvered. All you need to do is evade a bit by hiding or just running to different cabins. If that Jason is smart he'll ditch chasing you after a few and go to tend to the box or car. If he tunnels on you instead, take that time to make him waste as much time as humanly possible to let the others do some work. If he eventually catches up, you might be back as Jarvis.

Jason from the start was supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine although he's become a bit of a laughing stock since that last patch unless you get someone that really knows how to work things with him. Escaping was supposed to be a thing of luck in some ways. And that does keep the game fun when there's a real sense of danger that you won't make it. But one tip I can give here; never run in a straight line. Helps limit the chances of a successful stalked shift grab.

There's always a chance to hurt or kill the killer. It's just been made far too easy since the knife update. The tweaks today will swing things back closer to how they were at launch but all things are still possible.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

I'm sorry J.J. that you suffer from Aspergers and have a hard time coexisting with objective reality but everything you stated is wrong.

This guy's is full of shit. I know people with Asperger's and he does not come off like someone with Asperger's unless he has someone writing for him.

33 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

This guy's is full of shit. I know people with Asperger's and he does not come off like someone with Asperger's unless he has someone writing for him.

So I don't have Asperger's because I come across as different to your friends with Asperger's?

And there was me thinking everyone is different with different personalities, thoughts, feelings etc.

19 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

All we've got is sometime today. Soon I hope.

Miss ya Shanks,hope to get some games in tonight with everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

So I don't have Asperger's because I come across as different to your friends with Asperger's?

And there was me thinking everyone is different with different personalities, thoughts, feelings etc.

How dare you make lite of people like that? How dare you use an affliction to troll people? What's wrong with you?

20 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

All we've got is sometime today. Soon I hope.

It's 9 pm here in Italy, so 30/01 is almost over :D

9 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

It's 9 pm here in Italy, so 30/01 is almost over :D

You're not the first to bring that up today. :P For the time scale reference:

3 hours ago, J.J. said:

I'm under no legal obligation to keep the match going as host. If something urgent comes up or even if I get bored I should be able to close the game whenever I please without consequence. The fact that when you're host that causes the game to end for everyone else is the fault of the developers not me. I'm under no contract to finish a match if i'm host.

Sure, but that doesn't change whether or not you're an asshole, now does it sweetie? :chadjunk:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Sure, but that doesn't change whether or not you're an asshole, now does it sweetie? :chadjunk:

Haha ! ;D

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

And nothing hurts a person more than being a social outcast @J.J.

Do good by people. Be a better person. You'll like it.

• Like 1